the lovers.
相爱的人们
They will always meet.
他们会长伴左右
Be lonely for me.
为我活下去
But not for very long.
但不能太久
I promise.
我保证
I thought always I would die,
一直以为我会
so well
死得其所
as becomes a soldier.
身为战士
A soldier’s death.
死得像个勇士
I lived always as I saw fit.
我以为我活得名符其实
Unfittingly.
其实名过其实
I would make it up, I thought, in death.
我想死后再来补偿
I expected,
无论
I expected too much of me in death as in life.
无论死后或生前我都 期望过高
Are you holding me?
你抱着我吗
Never so closely.
从来没有抱得那么紧
Even closer.
再抱紧一点
You and I will prove death,
我们一起证明
so much less than love.
死比相爱容易得多
You and I, we will.
你和我 我们会
We’ll make of dying
我们会证明死
nothing more than one
只不过是
last
最后的
embrace.
拥抱
A kiss
吻我
to take my breath away.
封住我最后一口气
There has never been
世界从未
such a silence.
如此寂静
Turn him over.
将他转过来
Strange people. Poisons that smell like perfume.
古怪的民族 毒药闻起来像香水
Find more. Have it analyzed. Test it on one of the badly wounded.
多找一些 用重伤的人做试验
My lord, they have found Queen Cleopatra.
阁下 找到克里奥帕特拉了
She is locked in a building, that is to say, a tomb.
她将自己锁在陵墓里
Hurry.
快
Oh, Marc Antony is with her, they say. He’s dead.
安东尼与她在一起 已经死了
What? Lord Antony is dead.
什么 安东尼阁下死了
Is that how one says it?
就这样轻松地说出口吗
As simply as that.
就这样轻松
Marc Antony is dead.
马克·安东尼死了
Lord Antony is dead.
安东尼阁下死了
The soup is hot. The soup is cold.
就像说汤很热 或汤凉了
Antony is living. Antony is dead.
安东尼活着 安东尼死了
Shake with terror when such words pass your lips
说这话时 你应吓得发抖
for fear they be untrue and Antony cut out your tongue for the lie!
如果有错 安东尼会割你的舌头
And if true
若真的如此
for your lifetime boast
则够你吹捧一辈子
that you were honored to speak his name even in death.
你三生有幸宣布他的死亡
The dying of such a man
宣布这人的死
must be shouted.
应该哭喊
Screamed.
大叫
It must echo back from the corners of the universe.
直到宇宙彼方传来回响
Antony is dead!
安东尼已死
Marc Antony of Rome lives no more!
罗马巨头马克·安东尼气绝身亡
You needn’t lower your head before Caesar.
凯撒面前 你无须低头
I never did.
我并未低头
But if he were here, I’d be happy to.
若他真的在此 我会乐意低头
I am Caesar.
我就是凯撒
If it pleases you, Octavian.
随你高兴 屋大维
Look at me.
看着我
If it pleases you.
随你高兴
After all this time and all that has happened,
历尽沧桑 战乱
I suppose you are still beautiful, in a way.
你依旧明艳动人
You flatter me.
多谢赞赏
My interest is impersonal. Should you have any intention.
我是客观不带感情的说 别想歪了
Now you flatter yourself.
现在你是在奉承自己
The fighting is over.
战争结束了
Your country, your possessions and you
你的国家 财产 以及你本人
are mine by right of conquest.
都是我的战利品
I permit you to rule Egypt as a Roman province and return your possessions.
我准许你继续统治埃及作为罗马的一省
There is one condition. You will first accompany me to Rome.
只有一个条件 你首先陪我回罗马
Behind your chariot?
跟在你的战车后面吗
Look at me!
看着我
Would the proud citizens of Rome
高傲的罗马人会否有耐心
wait for hours in the hot sun
在烈日下等几个小时
to see my dead body dragged through the Forum?
看我的尸体被拖过广场吗
I’ll have you closely watched.
我会严密监视你
Octavian,
屋大维
when I am ready to die,
当我决心一死
I will die.
就一定会死
What if I promise no harm will come to you
如果我答应你
that you will be returned to Alexandria?
丝毫无损的回亚历山大呢
Look at me!
看着我
What more could you ask?
你还可以要求什么
You have not spoken
你还没提到
of my son.
我儿子
Your son. I’d forgotten him.
你儿子 我忘了
Where is he?
他在哪
Safe.
在安全的地方
If I go with you to Rome,
如果我答应你去罗马
would you permit my son to rule Egypt?
你肯让我儿子统治埃及吗
And his sons?
我儿子的儿子
And theirs?
世世代代统治下去
I’ll do everything I can.
我尽力而为
Do I have your word
这是罗马皇帝
as a Roman emperor and god?
和神的承诺吗
Yes.
是的
When will you require me to go?
何时出发
As soon as possible.
尽快
At the moment, I am very tired and would like to rest.
我很疲倦 需要休息
If you’ll leave me.
请离开
Do I have your word
你答应
that you will not harm yourself in any way?
不会自残吗
I swear it.
我以
On the life of my son.
儿子的性命担♥保♥
Must the guards remain inside?
卫兵一定要守在里面吗
I have sworn,
我发过誓了
after all,
用我儿子
on the life of my son.
担♥保♥
And now, I must make ready to go.
现在 我应该准备出发了
There’s little to do.
没什么要准备的
First, I shall want something to eat.
首先 我想吃点东西
Something to sustain me on my way.
这样路上才有力气
Some fruit, perhaps?
水果可以吗
Bring it to me.
拿来
Charmian.
夏蜜安
You then, Eiras.
艾拉 你拿
You have never been without us.
你一直让我们跟在身边
You cannot leave us behind.
不要留下我们
Perhaps,
或许
there may be enough for us all.
够我们三个一起
Bring me a tablet to write on.
拿张便条给我
I want a message brought to Octavian.
留言给屋大维
Words are wasted on such a man.
留这给这种人是浪费
I have wasted so many on so many men.
反正已经浪费了太多在许多男人身上
A few more. One last request.
这是我最后一个请求
Will he grant it, do you think?
你认为他会答应吗
I may never know.
我不知道
In this case,
既然如此
I think I shall.
我应该
I will serve Her Majesty as always.
我会继续服侍陛下