Now listen, Petey is an exceptional child!
我只希望他父亲还活着去见他
I only wish his father were alive to see him.
你无法理解他的天才
You couldn’t possibly understand his kind of genius.
你们都不能!
None of you can!
斯特格曼夫人 你不知道他到底在干什么!
Mrs. Stegman, you don’t know what the hell he’s been doing!
我试图帮助你
I’m trying to help you.
我不需要你的帮助!
I don’t need your kind of help!
你能和我谈谈吗 该死的?
Will you talk to me, damn it?
别担心 亲爱的 他不会再打扰你
Don’t worry, honey. He won’t bother you again.
回去看电视
Go on back in and watch TV.
妈妈 我只是想确定他走了
I just wanna make sure he’s gone, mom.
老师老师
Teacher-teacher.
学习你的课程 妈妈不太喜欢你
Learn your lessons. Mommy didn’t like you very much.
把我放下!把我放下 斯特格曼!
Lay off me! Lay off me, Stegman!
你听到我说话了吗? 闭嘴 你这个婊♥子♥养♥的♥!
You hear me? Shut up, you son of a bitch!
你再来这里 我会杀了你 我发誓
You ever come here again and I’ll kill you. I swear it.
你是我的 混♥蛋♥ 全是我的
You’re mine, asshole, all mine.
我是未来 你听到了吗?
I’m the future. You hear that?
我是未来
I am the future.
你干的 伙计!你干的
You did it, man! You did it.
你把我的车弄坏了
You trashed my car.
假设我做了 你能证明吗?
Let’s say I did. Can you prove it?
我会揍烂你的屁♥股♥!
I’m gonna kick your ass!
小心 我可以控告你袭击
Careful. I could charge you with assault.
诺里斯先生 你有问题吗?
You got a problem, Mr. Norris?
斯特格曼刚刚离开
No. Stegman was just leaving.
好的 谢谢 谢谢 好的
Okay, thank you. Thank you. Okay.
好像演奏音乐完全是另一种语言
It’s like written music is a whole other language.
我用我的小号♥说话 诺里斯先生 诺里斯先生
I’m speaking it with my horn. Mr. Norris. Mr. Norris.
警官 怎么了?
Officer, what’s up?
审判 直到6日才会开庭
The trial, it’s not gonna take place until the 6th.
所以 我保证它会为你开放
So, I promise it’ll turn for you.
那太好了 那时音乐会结束了
Well, that’s great. The concert’s over with.
没有诺里斯先生 我们什么都不是
Without Mr. Norris, we’re nothing.
对不起 亚瑟 这是斯特维斯基警官
Excuse me, Arthur. This is Officer Stewiski.
亚瑟 你好吗?
Arthur, how are you?
瞧 那个小混♥蛋♥亚瑟尖叫到少管所
Look, that little fucker Arthur’s squealing to the juvie.
我们走吧
Let’s go.
看 我个人认为温尼可以做到这一点
Look, I personally don’t think Vinnie can do it.
不成问题 那个人是个懦夫
It’s no problem. The guy’s a wimp.
嘿 我不是懦夫 好吗?那就对了
Hey, I’m no wimp, all right? That’s right.
你可以这样做? 是的 我可以
You can do this? Yes, I could.
嘿!是的 我会去做的
Hey! Yeah, I’m gonna do it.
好吧 温尼 做吧
All right then, Vinnie, do it.
声东击西 是吧?
Diversion, huh?
你看 温尼 一个小魔术
Look it, Vinnie. A little magic trick.
收起来
Keep it down.
他的肾脏破裂了
He has a ruptured kidney.
我们能看望他吗? 不!
Can we see him? No!
他正在精心护理
He’s in intensive care.
诺里斯先生 晚点给我们打电♥话♥
Call us later, Mr. Norris,
我们会让你知道他的病情
and we’ll let you know his condition.
好的 谢谢
Okay, thank you.
你要收拾帮派吗?
You gonna pick up the gang?
诺里斯先生
Mr. Norris.
我们找不到真正看到它发生的人
We can’t find anybody who actually saw it happen.
斯特格曼的帮派在那里 你知道他们做了
Stegman’s gang was there. You know they did it.
当然 但我们如何证明他们做了?
Sure. But how do we prove they did it?
注意 有人要终止这种疯狂
Look, somebody’s gotta stop this insanity.
现在如果你不这样做 我会的!
Now if you don’t do it, I will!
放松 放松 诺里斯先生
Easy. Easy, Mr. Norris.
你不应该那样说话
You shouldn’t be talking like that.
不是因为你已经面临袭击罪名
Not with you already facing an assault charge.
来吧 我会带你回家
Come on. I’ll drive you home.
我总是和亚瑟一起走回家
I always walked home with Arthur.
特里 你对自己做什么?
Terry, what are you doing to yourself?
谁在乎?
Who cares?
它使我镇静
It calms me.
它隔绝了我
It insulates me.
如果我们能度过今年
If we can get through this year,
那么安迪就会有一个永久的教学职位
then Andy’s gonna have a permanent teaching position.
特里谈到退休
Terry talks about retiring.
但这是废话 他不会
But that’s rubbish. He won’t.
我是如此的失败
I’m such a failure.
你不是失败者
You’re not a failure.
特里 你是那所学校最好的老师之一
Terry, you’re one of the best teachers in that whole school.
说实话 安迪
To tell you the truth, Andy,
我不认为我可以教了
I don’t think I can teach anymore.
我想不通
I can’t get through.
我一直有这样的梦想 我可以让孩子读书
I always had this dream that I could make kids read
每本书都可以放在他们手上
every book they could lay their hands on.
哦 如果我只能成为
Oh, if I could only be an inspiration to one
该死的心智成长的灵感…
goddamn growing mind.
有时我想我会做任何事情…
Sometimes I think I’d do anything…
我能知道的任何事情 我可以留下
Just anything if I knew that I could leave
一个听说过我的人…
one person behind…
在我身后
who’d heard me.
我…
III
再见,契普斯先生 注:再见,契普斯先生 书名 一名耿直 严谨的老师的故事
Good-bye, Mr. Chips.
呃 我们入围了 什么?
Uh, We’ve got, what?
我们距离大会还有一个星期 对吧?
We’ve got a week to senior assembly, right?
人们被交响乐比赛委员会邀请
People have been invited from the symphony competition board.
呃 家长和学生
Well, parents and students.
我只是…
I just…
我不知道如何告诉你 但是…
I don’t know how to tell you this, but…
我认为你们非常棒
I think you guys are terrific.
你的意思是我们很好?
You mean we’re good?
不 我没有说你们很好 我说你们太棒了!
No, I didn’t say you were good. I said you were terrific!
绝对好 我们要做的就是…
Absolutely great. All we gotta do is…
诺里斯先生
Mr. Norris.
你必须跟我来
You gotta come with me.
所以我们可以有任何数量
So we can have any number of.
任何类型的“X”染色体
“X” chromosomes in any species,
但它只是与
but it is only the with the addition
来自男性的“Y”染色体结合 (注:此表述实为癫狂谬语)
of the “Y” that we get the male.
坐下
Sit down.
请
Please.
打扰一下 打扰一下 让我过去
Excuse me. Excuse me. Let me through.
我打电♥话♥给警♥察♥来处理这件事
I’m calling the police to handle this.
不 让诺里斯先生先跟他说话
No, let Mr. Norris talk to him first.
那里有学生
There are students in there.
是的 那是特里·科里根 这不是一个疯子杀手
Yes, and that is Terry Corrigan. That is not a maniac killer.
让我试一试
Let me have a chance.
快点 他是我的朋友 我可以为他作证
Come on. He’s my friend. I’ll back him up.
好吧
All right.
嗨 特里
Hi, Terry-
你不应该在这里 安德鲁
You shouldn’t be in here, Andrew.
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
我在教学
I’m teaching.
你看不到吗?
Can’t you see that?
你!
Ya!
告诉我们女性染色体的种类
Tell us the factor for the female of the species.
当老师和你谈话时 站起来!
Stand up when the teacher talks to you!
等一下 特里… 不!
Wait a minute. Terry… No!
安德鲁
Andrew.
我不会进你的班级 告诉你如何教学
I don’t come into your class and tell you how to teach.
现在 请问是什么答案?
Now, what is the answer, please?
对于你…
For you…
根本承受不起…
simply cannot afford…
失去这个班级
to fail this class.
现在 答案是什么?