She’ll snap out of it.
她有时会突然变好
Why, until he died,
当肯恩死的时候
she’d just as soon talk about Mr. Kane as about any…
她马上就说了一大串他的事情…
Hello. Sooner.
喂 很快
This is Thompson. Let me talk to the chief, will you?
我是汤生 帮我接主任
Hello, Mr. Rawlston? She won’t talk.
罗生先生吗?
The second Mrs. Kane. About Rosebud or anything else.
他的第二任老婆
I’m calling from Atlantic City.
我人在亚特兰大
Then tomorrow I’ll go to Philadelphia, to Thatcher Library,
明天我会去费城的柴契尔图书馆
to see that diary of his.
去查柴契尔先生的日记
Yeah, they’re expecting me.
是的 他们会等我
Then I move to New York meeting with Kane’s general manager.
我也和他一位经理约在纽约
What his name…Bernstein.
他叫…伯恩斯汀
Then I’m coming back here.
然后我再回到这里
Yeah, I’ll see everybody that’s still alive.
对啊 我会去找每一个人 假使他们还活着的话
Goodbye, Mr. Rawston.
再见 罗生先生
Hey…. Uh… John.
嘿 嗯… 约翰
John, you just might be able to help me.
约翰 也许你能帮我一个忙
When she used to talk about Mr. Kane,
你和肯恩先生说过话
did she ever say anything about Rosebud?
他有没有提过什么’玫瑰花蕾’
“Rosebud”?
玫瑰花蕾
Thank you, Mr. Thompson, thanks.
汤生先生 谢了
As a matter of fact,
事实上
just the other day, when the papers were full of it…
就在前几天报纸登出来后…
l asked her.
我就问过她了
She never heard of Rosebud.
她从没听说过这个
The directors of the Thatcher Memorial Library,
身为柴契尔纪念图书馆的负责人
have asked me to remind you again, Mr. Thompson…
我必须再度提醒你 汤生先生…
Yes. about the conditions under which you may inspect,
好 另一个条件 若是你要借阅
certain portions of Mr. Thatcher’s unpublished memoirs.
柴契尔先生从未出版的回忆录
I remember them. Yes, Jennings,
我记得 是 詹宁斯
I’ll bring him in.
我会带过去
All I want is an hour…
我只要…
Under no circumstances…
无论在何种情况下…
are direct quotes from his manuscript to be used by you.
你所使用的手稿都不能携出
That’s all right. I’m just looking for what… You may follow me.
没关系 我只是在找一个… 请跟我来
Jennings.
詹宁斯
Thank you, Jennings.
谢谢你 詹宁斯
Mr. Thompson, you will be required to leave this room at 4:30 promptly.
汤生先生 你必须在四点半前离开
You will confine yourself, it is our understanding…
在这些时辰之内你可以仔细参考…
to the chapters in Mr. Thatcher’s manuscript regarding Mr. Kane.
柴契尔先生手稿中提到肯恩先生的部份
That’s all I’m interested in.
那正是我感兴趣的
Thank you.
谢谢妳
Pages 83 to 142.
八十三页至一百四十二页
Come on, boys.
快来啊
Be careful, Charles.
小心一点 查理
Mrs. Kane.
肯恩太太
Pull your muffler around your neck, Charles.
把围巾围上
Mrs. Kane, I think we’ll have to tell him now.
现在是不是该告诉他了
Yes,
好吧
I’ll sign those papers now, Mr. Thatcher.
我现在就签字 柴契尔先生
You people seem to forget that I’m the boy’s father.
你们似乎忘了我是他父亲
It’s going to be done exactly the way I’ve told Mr. Thatcher.
柴契尔先生
There’s nothing wrong with Colorado.
从科罗拉多来的又怎么样
I don’t see why we can’t raise our son…
为什么我们不能抚养自己儿子…
just ’cause we came into some money.
就因为赚的钱不够多吗?
If I want to, I can go to court.
我要的话 可以上法♥院♥
A father has a right to.
这是做父亲的权利
A boarder that beats his bill,
你们有公♥寓♥ 海滩·大楼
and leaves worthless stock behind….
和股票做后盾….
That property is as much my property as anybody’s…
那也算是我的财产…
now that it’s valuable.
现在它值钱了
And if Fred Graves had any idea all this’s going to happen,
若是佛烈德早知道事情会这样
he’d have made out those certificates in both our names.
他一定会让这张证书用我们两个人的名字
But they’re made out to Mrs. Kane’s name.
无论如何我们得用克恩太太的名字
He owed the money for the board to both of us.
他欠的是宿舍的钱 是我们两人的宿舍
“The bank’s decision in all matters…”
银行的决定在任何情况下…
I don’t hold with giving my boy away to any bank…
我绝不要把我的儿子送给银行去监管…
I want you to stop all this nonsense.
请不要再胡言乱语了
We’re a bit uneducated… “The bank’s decision concerning his education…
我们没有受过教育… 他将来的教育费用及居住状况…
“his places of residence, the similar subjests is to be final.”
以及其他一切方面都由银行决定
The idea of a bank being the guardian…
居然让银行当监护人…
I want you to stop all this nonsense, Jim.
我要你停止胡说八道
“We will assume full management of the Colorado Lode”…
我们将科罗拉多金矿的所有权…
which I repeat, Mrs. Kane, you are the sole owner.
我也一再强调的 肯恩太太 妳是唯一的所有人
Where do I sign, Mr. Thatcher? Right here, Mrs. Kane.
我签在哪里 这里
Mary, I’m asking you for the last time.
玛莉 我再问妳最后一次
Anybody’d think I hadn’t been a good husband or father…
大家都知道我是个好丈夫…
The sum of $50,000 a year…
每年有数量五万元的金钱…
is to be paid to you and Mr. Kane as long as you both live…
在妳和肯恩先生的有生之年 会支付给你们…
and thereafter to the survivor.
若其中一位去世则付给生者
Well.
好吧
Let’s hope it’s all for the best. It is.
但愿这是最好的状况 已经是了
The union forever!
联邦万岁
Why I can’t raise my own boy is more than I can understand.
为什么我就不能养自己的孩子
Go on, Mr. Thatcher.
好了 柴契尔先生
Everything else, the principal, as well as all monies earned…
若有任何不测发生…
is to be administered by the bank in,
银行处理的原则是由银行处理
trust for your son, Charles Foster Kane…
做为其子查理的信托基金…
until he reaches his 25th birthday, at which time…
直到他的二十五岁生日为止 到那时候…
he is to come into complete possession.
他即将拥有其所有权
Charles!
查理
Go on, Mr. Thatcher.
继续说 柴契尔先生
Well…
这个…
It’s almost 5:00, Mrs. Kane.
应该差不多了 肯恩太太
Don’t you think I’d better meet the boy?
妳认为我可以见见孩子吗?
I’ve got his trunk all packed.
我把他的行李都准备好了
I’ve had it packed for a week now.
已经整理好一个礼拜了
I’ve arranged for a tutor to meet us in Chicago.
我本来安排好和孩子
I’d have brought him here with me, but….
在芝加哥见面的 但是…
Charles. Lookie, Mom.
查理 叫我吗? 妈
You’d better come inside.
你最好快点进来
Well, well, that’s quite a snowman. I took the pipe out of his mouth.
好棒的雪人 我把烟斗从它嘴里拿下来
Did you make it all by yourself, man?
你自己一个人做好吗?
Maybe I’ll make some teeth and whiskers.
我想替它做些胡子
This is Mr. Thatcher, Charles.
这位是柴契尔先生 查理
Hello. How do you do, Charles?
哈罗 你好吗? 查理
He comes from the East.
他是从东部来的
Pa. Hello, Charlie.
爸 哈罗 查理
Charles.
查理
Yes, Mommy?
做什么 妈咪
Mr. Thatcher is going to take you on a trip with him tonight.
柴契尔先生今晚要带你去旅行
You’ll be leaving on number 10.
你要坐十号♥车厢离开
That’s the train with all the lights on it.
就是会发亮的那辆
You going, Mom?
妳也要去吗?
No. Your mother won’t be going right away, Charles, but she’ll….
你妈随后就去 你可以…
Where am I going?
我要去那里
You’re going to see Chicago and New York and Washington, maybe.
你要去看芝加哥和纽约 搞不好还有华盛顿
Ain’t he, Mr. Thatcher?
对不对 柴契尔先生?
He certainly is.
当然
I wish I were a boy going on a trip like that for the first time.
我希望我像他这年纪时 也能有机会去好好的旅行一下
Why aren’t you coming with us, Mom?
妳为什么不跟我们来 妈?
We have to stay here, Charles.
我们必须待在此地
You’re gonna live with Mr. Thatcher from now on, Charlie.
现在起你要和柴契尔先生住在一起 查理
You’re gonna be rich. Your ma figures, well, that is…
你以后会很有钱 妳妈已经盘算过了 其实是…
me and her decided this ain’t the place for you to grow up in.
我和她一起做的决定 这里不是你成长的好地方
You’ll probably be the richest man someday…
搞不好哪一天 你会变成美国…
and you ought to get… You won’t be lonely, Charlie.
最有钱的人… 你不会孤单的 查理
Lonely, of course not.
当然不会孤单
Why? We’re going to have fine times together, really we are, Charles.
让我们去好好的大玩一场

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!