You always said you wanted to live in a palace.
妳总是说妳喜欢住在皇宫里
A person could go crazy in this dump.
住在这里真的会疯掉
Nobody to talk to, nobody to have any fun with.
没有人聊天 没有人可以一起玩
Susan.
苏珊
49,000 acres of nothing but scenery and statues.
四万九千公亩空空荡荡的 只有风景和雕像
I’m lonesome.
我好寂寞
Until yesterday, we’ve had no less than 50 of your friends at any one time.
就在昨天才来不止五十个朋友
I think if you look in the west wing…
若妳仔细往西侧望去…
you’ll find about a dozen vacationists still in residence.
妳会发现大约一打来渡假的人
You make a joke out of everything.
你任何事都在开玩笑
Charlie, I want to go to New York. I’m tired of being a hostess.
查理 我想到纽约去 我厌倦了当女主人
I want to have fun. Please, Charlie.
我想去玩 拜托 查理
Charlie, please.
查理 拜托你
Our home is here, Susan.
我们的家在这里 苏珊
I don’t care to visit New York.
我不希罕去纽约
What are you doing?
妳在干嘛?
Oh. One thing I can never understand, Susan:
有件事我永远也搞不懂
How do you know you haven’t done it before?
妳没做过怎么知道?
It makes a whole lot more sense than collecting statues.
总比收藏雕像有意思多了
You may be right.
妳或许说的对
I sometimes wonder…
我有时也在奇怪…
but you get into the habit.
但一旦养成习惯
It’s not a habit, I do it because I like it.
不是习惯 我喜欢所以才做
I thought we might have a picnic tomorrow, Susan. Huh?
我想明天办个野餐 什么?
I thought we might have a picnic tomorrow.
我想明天出去野餐
Invite everybody to spend the night at the Everglades.
不管是谁 把附近的人都请来
Invite everybody. Order everybody, you mean,
邀请每个人 命令每个人
and make them sleep in tents.
命令他们在帐篷里过夜
Who wants to sleep in tents when they’ve got their own room…
他们都有自己的漂亮房♥子 谁想来帐篷里睡觉…
with theire room of bath, where they know where everything is?
他们有浴室 什么都有
I thought we might have a picnic tomorrow, Susan.
我想明天办个野餐 苏珊
You never give me anything I really care about.
你从未给过我真正想要的东西
Oh, sure yes, you give me things,
你当然给过我东西
but that don’t mean anything to you.
但那对你毫无意义
You’re in a tent, darling, you’re not at home.
我们在帐篷里 我们的小家庭里
I can hear you very well if you speak in a normal tone of voice.
我听得一清二楚 妳用正常的音量就够了
What’s the difference between giving me a bracelet,
你送给我一个手环和你花十万元
or giving someone $100,000…
买♥♥一个放在箱子里的雕像…
for a statue you’ll keep crated up and never look at?
有什么差别?
It’s just money. It doesn’t mean anything.
只有钱 没其他的意义
You never really gave me anything that belongs to you, that you care about.
你从不给我真正属于你的东西 或是你关心的东西
Susan, I want you to stop this.
苏珊 请妳住口
I’m not going to stop it. Right now.
我偏要说 现在就停
You never gave me anything in your whole life.
你一辈子什么都没给过我
You just tried to buy me into giving you something.
你只是企图买♥♥通我叫我给你
Susan!
苏珊
Whatever I do, I do because I love you.
无论我做了什么 都是因为爱妳
You don’t love me.
你根本不爱我
You want me to love you.
你想叫我爱你
Sure. “I’m Charles Foster Kane.
当然 我是查理·佛斯特肯恩
“Whatever you want, just name it and it’s yours.
无论你想要什么 只要说一声
“But you gotta love me.”
但你必须爱我
Don’t tell me you’re sorry.
别说你很抱歉
I’m not sorry.
我不会抱歉
Mr. Kane?
肯恩先生?
Mrs. Kane would like to see you, sir.
肯恩先生 我有事找你
Marie has been packing for her since morning.
夫人一大早就在收拾行李
Tell Arnold I’m ready, Marie.
告诉阿诺我准备好了 玛莉
Tell him he can get the bags.
叫他把袋子拿来
Yes, madame.
是的 夫人
Have you gone completely crazy?
你简直是疯了
Don’t you know that our guests,
我们还有客人
that everyone will know about this?
大家都会知道
Packed your bag, sent for the car…
收拾行李上车…
And left you?
离开你?
Of course they’ll hear.
他们当然会知道
I’m not saying goodbye, except to you.
我不会说再见 除了对你
But I never imagined people wouldn’t know.
我不会梦想人们不会知道
I won’t let you go.
我不让妳走
Goodbye, Charlie.
再见了 查理
Susan.
苏珊
Please don’t go.
请不要走
No.
不行
Please, Susan.
苏珊 求求妳
From now on, everything will be exactly the way you want it to be.
现在起 一切都会如妳所愿
Not the way I think you want it, but…
而不是我强迫妳的样子…
your way.
妳的方式
Hmm?
嗯?
You mustn’t go.
妳不能走
You can’t do this to me.
妳不能这样对我
I see.
我懂了
It’s you that this is being done to.
是你自己造成的
It’s not me at all.
根本不是我
Not what it means to me.
你是什么意思
I can’t do this to you?
我能这样对你吗?
Oh, yes, I can.
我当然可以
In case you haven’t heard, I lost all my money,
你不知道我失去了多少钱
and it was plenty, believe me.
那可是一大笔钱 不盖你
The last 10 years have been tough on a lot of people.
过去十年对许多人十分艰苦难熬
They haven’t been tough on me. I just lost all my money.
对我们没什么 我只是失去了所有的金钱
You’re going down to Xanadu?
你要去仙纳度吧?
Yeah, Monday, with some of the boys from the office.
星期一和办公室小弟一起去
Mr. Rawlston wants the whole place photographed, all that our stuff.
罗生先生说到处都要拍照 包括一大批艺术品
We run a picture magazine, you know.
我们有一家摄影杂♥志♥社
Yeah, I know.
我知道
Well, if you’re smart, you’ll get in touch with Raymond. He’s the butler.
你聪明一点的话 你该和管家雷蒙联络
You’ll learn a lot from him.
他知道很多事情
He knows where all the bodies are buried. You know,
他一切了若指掌 你知道
all the same, I feel kind of sorry for Mr. Kane.
无论如何妳似乎仍为肯恩难过
Don’t you think I do?
你认为呢?
What do you know, it’s morning already.
天知道 已经早上了
Come around and tell me the story of your life sometime.
改天吧 你高兴就改天来吧
Rosebud?
玫瑰花蕾?
I’ll tell you about Rosebud.
我会告诉你玫瑰花蕾的事
How much is it worth to you?
那对你有多少价值?
$1,000?
一千块吗?
Okay.
可以
Well, I’ll tell you, Mr. Thompson.
我告诉你 汤生先生
He acted funny sometimes, you know? No, I didn’t.
他有时的行为很可笑 这我不知道
Yes, he did crazy things sometimes.
他有时会做疯疯颠颠的事
I’ve been working for him 11 years now…
我为他工作了十一年…
in charge of the whole place, so I ought to know.
掌管这整个地方 所以我一定知道
Rosebud. Yes?
玫瑰花蕾 是什么?
Like I tell you, the old man acted kind of funny sometimes…
如我所说的 这个老怪物有时行径诡异…
but I knew how to handle him…
但是 我知道如何应付…
Need a lot of service?
会很麻烦吗?
Yeah, but I knew how to handle him.
是的 我知道如何应付
Like that time his wife left.
就像他太太离开他那一次
Rosebud.
玫瑰花蕾
I see.
我懂了
And that’s what you know about Rosebud?
那就是你指的玫瑰花蕾吗?
Yeah.
没错
I heard him say it that other time, too.
我还听到他说过一次
He just said:
他就说一句
“Rosebud.”
玫瑰花蕾
Then he dropped the glass ball and it broke on the floor.
他就扔下玻璃球在地板上摔破了
He didn’t say anything after that,
之后他就没说什么
and I knew he was dead.
然后就死了
He said all kinds of things that didn’t mean anything.
他做的许多事都是毫无意义的
Sentimental fellow, aren’t you? Hmm….
多愁善感的家伙 嗯….

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!