今天 你打算如何对付他
Now, what are you gonna do about it?
现在已经是第五回合的半场了
Here we are halfway through the fifth
整个比赛一次持续同个动作
and it’s more of the same.
他们两个又抱在一起
The boys clinch again.
分开他们
Break it up.
他又在压我的拳手 弄开他
He’s crushing my guy. Get him off!
停
Break!
观众开始沸沸扬扬
The boo-birds have started flying here.
他们都希望拳手互相切磋
They want action from these fighters.
弗德曼给了布洛克的脸上一击左拳
Feldman sticks a left in Braddock’s face.
布洛克的右手是他最好的 也是唯一的武器
Braddock’s right hand is his best and only weapon.
他现在在尝试用缺乏灵敏性的左拳 都被弗德曼一一化解
He’ll show the left, but it lacks snap and Feldman knows it.
加油 给那乡巴佬屁♥股♥上来一拳
Come on, give these yokels a shot in the ass!
弗德曼躲过了一击重拳 但未来及反击
Feldman ducks a haymaker but fails to follow up.
布洛克又一右拳重击
And another big right by Braddock.
这种打法才是我们大家熟悉的布洛克
Now, there’s the Braddock we all recall.
但每次都是单拳 这个力度也许不够
But it’s one at a time. It may not be enough.
快点啊
Come on!
裁判员把他们两个分开
The referee pulls the boys apart.
铃♥声♥结束了第五回合
And there’s the bell to end the fifth.
放松 放松
Easy now. Easy.
-我看到了 -你那儿又骨折了
– I saw that. – You bust it again?
我早就跟你说了 詹姆
I’m calling it, Jim.
现在能用右手了吗 好的好的
You gonna use the left? Okay, good.
你逼住他 但别让他抱住你
You get in there but you don’t let him crowd you.
打他的腹部 用左手狂打他的腹部
You work his belly, you hammer his belly with the left.
最后一句 快点 你得给我打点好拳
Last round. Come on, you got to show me something.
给我卖♥♥力点 你培养了个垃圾 废物
Give me a good one. You’re giving me an ulcer, Harry!
闭嘴
Shut up.
用左手打他腹部 听到吗
Work his belly with the left. You got it?
让他去观察你的右手去吧 他跟本不知道你的伤
Give him the flapdoodle with the right because he don’t know.
对吗 因为他有点傻
Right? ‘Cause he’s kind of stupid.
好了 最后一回合
Okay? Last round.
最后一局 要给他点颜色看看
Last round! Go get him!
左手
The left!
妈的 我真希望他能找到右手的感觉
Damn it, I wish he could find his goddamn left.
就着样 再快点
That’s it! Change it up!
左撇子 没错
Southpaw, that’s it!
弗德曼跳来跳去 在寻找机遇
Feldman prancing around, looking for an opening…
但拳手只有少的可怜得几拳
but still few clean punches by the fighters.
布洛克还是用他笨拙得左手
Braddock still pawing away with the left.
弗德曼又一击失败的左拳
Another ineffectual left from Feldman.
布洛克几乎连手臂也太不起来 他的脚在缓慢的移♥动♥着
Braddock can hardly lift his arms. He’s slow on his feet.
不过教练还在一旁里挥舞着拳头
At least Gould in his corner is still throwing punches…
竭力催促他的拳手进攻
trying to urge his man on.
滚回家吧
Go home!
滚回家吧 布洛克
Go home, Braddock!
不要总是抱啊 布洛克
No holding, Braddock!
观众都比拳手激昂
Cavanaugh’s working harder than the fighters.
别吵了
Dry up!
又扭在一块了
Another clinch.
经历过八十次战战绩的布洛克好像
It’s as if 80 tough fights have finally jumped
已经年老力衰一去不再复返
on Braddock’s back.
真是个屁♥眼♥
You’re a bum!
不要打了
That’s it!
裁判员结束了他们的比赛 这就是所谓整场比赛
Cavanaugh pulls them apart, and he’s called the fight.
他居然也称这个叫比赛
He’s called the fight.
一次”无战斗”之拳赛
It’s a “no contest.”
爆米花和花生都向赛场飞来
And the popcorn and the peanuts are raining down.
我也只能很抱歉的说 依照今天拳手的表现
And I’m afraid to say that’s all these fighters deserve…
这也是他们应得的下场
for the show they put on tonight.
我很失望看到 曾经威震拳坛的詹姆斯·布洛克
I’m telling you, it’s sad to see a fighter that was once…
居然萧条到今天这个样子
the caliber of James Braddock reduced to this.
没事了 詹姆
It’s all right, Jimmy.
这真是令人难过的比赛
An embarrassment, that’s what it was.
真难为情
An embarrassment!
比赛资金怎么分配
Where the hell’s the purse?
你居然还问这个
You wouldn’t have to be asking that…
你应给给你拳手一堆屎
if you gave a shit about your fighter.
是这样 他还戴着拳伤比赛
Okay. He’s fighting hurt.
也许你有好多胖子拳手 能维持一个月在家等待比赛
Maybe you got a bunch of fat and happy fighters at home…
真不知道谁这么富有啊
can afford to rest a month between bouts. I don’t know. Lucky you!
天哪 他以后可能不会再有比赛了
Christ, he hardly gets a punch in anymore!
拳手居然被裁判终止比赛 真是可怜的家伙
Fights being stopped by referees? He’s pathetic!
那样的比赛把观众都赶跑了
Fights like that keep people away.
我们要撤销他的拳手牌照 乔
We’re revoking his license, Joe.
不管布洛克曾经的战绩如何 他都到此为止了
Whatever Braddock was gonna do in boxing, I guess he’s done it.
-不要这样 -结束了
– Wait a minute. – That’s all.
哦 可怜的孩子
Oh, boy.
约翰斯顿先生
Mr. Johnston!
詹姆
Jim.
到底怎么回事
What’s going on?
-你没有告诉他 -我当然跟他说了
– You didn’t tell him? – Yeah, of course I told him.
他想亲口听你说
He wanted to hear it from you.
帮帮忙 约翰斯顿先生 没有战斗
Come on, Mr. Johnston, no contest?
我的手骨折了 完全属实
I broke my hand. Okay? It’s legit.
你没有看到我痛苦的哭
You don’t see me crying about it.
我没看到你在抱怨什么
I don’t see what you got to complain about.
我还是站在那儿了 我还是出席比赛了 我已经尽力了
I still went out there, I still put on a show. I did what I could do.
还记得吗 我们为你参加布多克巡回赛…
You know, we did that boondock circuit for you…
我和乔 记得吗
me and Joe. Remember?
我没有不给卖♥♥力 我今晚也没有不尽力
I didn’t quit on you. And I didn’t quit tonight.
我不是一直输
I didn’t always lose.
我以后也不会一直输
I won’t always lose again.
-我还能继续战斗 -回家吧
– I can still fight. – Go home.
-我还能战斗 -回家去陪玫和孩子吧 詹姆
– I can still fight. – Go home to Mae and the kids, Jim.
回家 拿什么回家啊
Go home? Go home with what?
拿什么回家 在弗农山比赛骨折的手
Go home with what? A broken hand from Mount Vernon?
约翰斯顿先生
Mr. Johnston!
亲爱的
Baby?
怎么了
What happened?
我没挣到钱
I didn’t get the dough.
他们没有给钱
They didn’t pay up.
他们说那是”无争斗”之拳赛 一种尴尬的比赛
They called it a “no contest, ” said the fight was an embarrassment.
他们辞退了我
They decommissioned me.
詹姆 你的手怎么了
Jimmy, what happened to your hand?
有三处地方又骨折了
It’s broke again in three places.
他们说我没有价值了
They said I’m through, Mae.
他们说我再也不能打拳了
They said I can’t be a boxer no more.
天啊
Mercy.
那好
Okay.
詹姆 如果你不能工作
Jimmy, if you can’t work…
我们就没法付电费 煤气费
we’re not gonna be able to pay the electric, or the heat.
杂货店的已经不能再赊帐了
And we’re out of credit at the grocery.
我想我们得给孩子收拾一下
So I think we need to pack the kids.
让她们现在我姐姐那里待一阵
They could stay at my sister’s for a little while…
我也能接点裁缝的活
and I’ll take in more sewing.
那样我们能挣两三倍多于救济的钱
That way we could make two, three breadlines a day.
我一定会找到面等吃的东西
I’ll get doubles, triples, whatever I can find.
詹姆 你无法工作了 玫 我还能工作
Jimmy, you can’t work. Mae, I can still work.
詹姆 你不能工作了 你的手骨折了
Jimmy, you can’t work. Your hand’s broken.
他们看到我慢腾腾的
They see me lugging this around,
你没错 他们不会再挑我了
you’re right, they won’t pick me.
码头不会 哪也不会了
Not down the docks, not anywhere.
所以我们要把它
So we’re gonna cover it up…
用鞋油掩盖起来
with the shoe polish.
好吗
Okay?
对不起 不
I’m sorry. No.
不
No.
不
No.