我撑死了 什么也吃不下了
I’m absolutely full. I cannot eat another thing.
想帮我吗
Want to give me a hand?
詹姆
Jim.
孩子们快点 不要只知道玩
Boys, hurry up. Don’t dawdle.
再多睡会
Let’s try and sleep a little more.
打起精神来 微笑 呸
Cheer Up! Smile! Nerts!
是啊 经济停顿
Sure, business is bunk
华尔街完蛋了
And Wall Street is sunk
我们都破产了
We’re all of us broke
等着上吊
And ready to croak
我们什么都没有
We’ve nothing to dunk
甚至无法买♥♥醉解愁
Can’t even get drunk
他们只是告诉我们微笑
And all the while they tell us to smile
打起精神来 公民们
Cheer up, gentle citizens
虽然你们没有衣服
Though you have no shirts
幸福的一天又开始了
Happy days are here again
打起精神来 微笑 呸
Cheer up, smile, nertz
祝你们每个人都好运
All aboard prosperity
一直笑到疼
Giggle till it hurts
没有福利食品了
No more breadline charity
打起精神来 微笑 呸
Cheer up, smile, nertz
我们必须笑得象太阳一样
Sunny smilers we must be
乐观主义者坚持
The optimist asserts
我们把那些傻瓜都吊起来
Let’s hang the fathead to a tree
打起精神来 微笑 呸
Cheer up, smile, nertz
我需要 9 个工人 只要 9 个
I need nine men and only nine.
一 二 三
One. Two. Three.
四 五 六
Four. Five. Six.
七 八 九 就这些
Seven. Eight. Nine. That’s it!
好了 我们开工了
All right, let’s get a move on!
快点干活 今天有很多活
Go on, get going! Got a lot of work today!
失业人口高达一千五百万
-你好 爸爸 -你好
– Hey, Dad. – Hey.
今天又没有工作吗爸爸 你在干什么 儿子
No shifts today, Dad? What’re you doing, son?
我在玩 我很闲 我在跳床
I’m being good. I’m being quiet. I’m being ‘hayve.

Great.
爸爸
Daddy!
嗨 洛斯丫头 你在干吗
Hey, Rosy-cheeks. How you doing?
爸爸 杰 他偷东西
Daddy, Jay stole!
-什么 -杰偷东西
– What? – Jay stole.
怎么回事 看啊 一根腊肠
What’s all this about? See? It’s a salami.
小丫头 你哥哥已经够烦心了
Young lady, your brother’s in enough trouble…
用不着你揭发他了 听到了吗
without you telling on him. You understand?
是从肉店偷来的
It’s from the butcher’s.
他什么都不说 杰
And he won’t say a word about it, will you, Jay?
说不说 杰
Will you, Jay?
拿着它 我们走
Okay, pick it up. Let’s go.
不要逼我 孩子 马上走
Do not test me, boy. Right now.
霍华德你留在这里
Howard, stay here.
我们走 来 帮个忙
Okay, let’s go! Come on, give me a hand here!
太好了 不会给你钱的
Great, then you don’t get paid!
再见
Bye.
不要忘记 捡起来是轻而易举
Don’t forget to pick it up easy!
玛蒂·约翰森只能去特拉华州 跟他叔叔住在一块
Marty Johnson had to go away to Delaware to live with his uncle.
为什么
Why?
他父母没有钱养活他
His parents didn’t have enough money for them to eat.
没错 目前我们处境确实不是很好 杰 你没错
Yeah, well, things ain’t easy at the moment, Jay, you’re right.
但有很多人比我们差多了
But there’s a lot of people worse off than what we are.
只是因为生活很艰难
And just ’cause things ain’t easy…
那就有理由拿不属于自己的东西
that don’t give you the excuse to take what’s not yours, does it?
那是偷 知道吗 我们从不偷
That’s stealing, right? And we don’t steal.
不管发生什么 我们都不会去偷
No matter what happens, we don’t steal.
永远不去 懂了吗
Not ever. You got me?
你向我保证吗 好的
Are you giving me your word? Yes.
说吧 我发誓
Go on. I promise.
我向你保证
And I promise you…
我不会送你去别的地方
we will never send you away.
没事了 孩子
It’s okay, kid.
你有点吓坏了 这我明白
You got a little scared. I understand.
没事了
It’s okay.
1933年9月25日 纽约 弗农山
詹姆 他是个很慢的家伙
Jim, he’s a very slow guy.
他只是再伪装自己
Just plants himself there.
你要稳住他
So you just keep him steady.
让他在中间转 你要不停围着他跳
Keep him trapped in the middle. Keep dancing around him, okay?
你知该怎么做 你熟悉这绷带
You know what to do. You know this type.
那家伙是个废物
That guy’s a bum.
两块就能在这里买♥♥个入场券
Two bits will get a guy a seat.
然后他就能坐在这里看你流血 然后叫你是个废物
And that guy gets to watch you bleed and call you a bum.
我一定要从他那里赚回来 因为他也是个付了钱的顾客
And I know I gotta take it from him, ’cause he’s a paying customer.
我明白了
I see.
好 好 好
Well, well, well.
原谅我 说错了 让我重新说一次
Pardon me, miss. Allow me to restate my position.
阿比·弗德曼是个拳击的初学者
Mr. Abraham Feldman is a novice fighter…
你要轻轻的踢他的屁♥股♥
whose ass you should gently kick…
直到你看到他肩胛之间肿起来
until it is humped up between his shoulder blades.
如果没有冒犯你慈悲的天性 那就打吧
That is, if it doesn’t offend your overly sensitive nature.
天知道
God knows.
看 骨折的地方还要几个星期才能愈合
Now, you see, that break’s still a few weeks away.
我知道 对
I know. Yeah.
你打算什么时候才告诉我
And you were gonna tell me about this when?
-没事的 -怎么没事 不可能没事
– It’s gonna be fine. – It’s not fine. No, it’s not.
怎了啦 你为什么不告诉我
What the hell? You don’t tell me?
都是什么废话 我欠每个人钱 乔
What the hell kinda crap is that? I owe everybody money, Joe.
我都抢不到班上
I can’t get any shifts.
我一点钱都没有
We ain’t got any cash.
知道了
I got it.
干了他们 我给你绑两层
Screw them. I’ll tape it double.
谢谢
Thanks.
别停 跳起来
Keep up. Stay up.
动起来 手动起来
Keep moving. Keep your legs moving.
布洛克来了
And here comes Braddock
还有他的长♥期♥合作经理乔·古德
with his long-time manager, Joe Gould.
你输定了 布洛克
You’re washed up, Braddock.
回到我们现在的赛场
And now for our main event.
哪个是我们的 朋友
Hey, which one’s us, pal?
新泽西经验丰富的詹姆斯·吉·布洛克
Jersey veteran James J. Braddock…
最近一次是在和海米·卡布琳的对抗赛中
is up against Hymie Caplin’s latest charge…
年轻的阿比·弗德曼来自纽约的斯坎嗒
young Abe Feldman from Schenectady, New York.
六回合
Six rounder.
可能还记得布洛克曾经是个
Some might recall that Braddock was once…
重量级拳击手的挑战者
a light heavyweight title challenger.
他的黄金期是在和汤姆·龙霍兰
His golden-boy peak ended when Tommy Loughran…
在1929年 进行了十五场比赛
handled Jim over 15 rounds back in ’29.
自从那以后 受伤的布洛克
Since then, the oft-injured Braddock…
又流落出想完成他当年的誓言
has shown only a glimmer of his early promise.
失败已经是过去了
And the losses have started to pile up.
但是布洛克又开始战斗了
But Braddock continues to battle.
现在来的是光受欢迎的阿比·弗德曼
And here comes the popular Abe Feldman.
弗德曼看上去就像实力派
Feldman looks to be the real thing…
最近和汉斯·博尔基之战中 显示出他精湛的拳技
and showed some real moxie in his recent win over Hans Birkie.
嗨 谁击败了拉佐
Hey, who whipped Latzo?
-我 -妈的没错
– I did. – Goddamn right.
在第十九世纪 谁赢了斯拉特利
Who KO’ed Slattery in the ninth…
难道在地狱就没有机会求雨吗
when everybody said he didn’t have a rainmaker’s chance in hell?
我也能的 好样的
That’d have to be me, too. Right.
那我们也应该把阿比·弗德曼这个混♥蛋♥干掉
And we’re supposed to pucker our assholes over this Abe Feldman?
这个家伙连屁都不能放一个 不能
The guy couldn’t break wind. No.
听着 詹姆
Hey, Jimmy.
还有什么比这更好的机会干掉他吗
Anyplace else you’d rather be?
没了 好
No. Good.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!