How long?
3 天
Three days.
自从杰克解雇了他 我一直待在哥哥那里
I’ve been staying at my brother’s since Jake cut him.
杰克解雇了他 我不知道
Jake fired him? I didn’t know that.
你知道迈克的脾气 他的话 太麻烦了
You know how Mike gets. All his talk. So much trouble.
他一直在胡弗村那里过夜
He’s been sleeping nights down in the Hooverville.
我哥哥没有地方给他住
My brother didn’t have room for both him and us.
迈克说 你知道 如果他总要待在那里…
Mike said, you know, if he had to stay down there anyway…
他要组织起人来
he was gonna try to get everybody organized.
出事了 詹姆斯 我知道
Something’s wrong, Jim. I know it.
现在我听说胡弗村出事了
Now I’m hearing there’s some trouble in Hooverville.
他不会撇下我和孩子这么长时间
He wouldn’t leave me and the baby for this long.
他不会的
He just wouldn’t.
我不知道还有谁可以找 詹姆斯
I didn’t know who else to come to, Jim.
来 走开 走开 到别处去
Come on, out of the way! Beat it! Move along!
纽约市 中♥央♥公园 胡弗村
快离开这里 警♥察♥
Get the hell out of here, coppers!
迈克 迈克·威尔森
Mike? Mike Wilson!
迈克·威尔森
Mike Wilson!
…别动 如果你让这些共♥产♥党在这里…
do nothing. If you let these Commies in here…
引起暴♥动♥ 那么你知道会发生什么
and start a riot, then what do you think’s gonna happen?
过来这里
Get over here.
跪下
On your feet!
你用刀砍我 你个混♥蛋♥
You pull a knife on me, you son of a bitch?
这里发生了什么
What the hell happened here?
我们想冲散那些和平的煽动者…
We tried to break up these agitators, peaceful-like…
但是他们冲了上来 这是什么
but they charged us. What is this?
马惊了 马车翻了
The horses got spooked. Wagons turned over.
3 4 个人被碾了过去 伤得很重
Three or four of them got run over. They’re hurt pretty bad.
这里一团糟
This is a mess. One hell of a mess.
我告诉你什么了 回去
What did I tell you? Get back.
别动那两个 等担架来
Don’t move those two. Wait for the stretcher.
挡住那些混♥蛋♥
Keep those bastards back!
等会再管那个 这个被困在里面了
Get those guys next, the ones who got trampled on.
嘿 詹姆斯 迈克
Hey, Jim. Mike.
你会没事的 迈克
You’re gonna be okay, Mike.
对 告诉莎拉
Yeah, tell Sara.
-你告诉她 我要…-我告诉莎拉
– Will you tell her I’m gonna be… – I’ll tell Sara.
我要晚点来 詹姆斯
I’m gonna be late, Jimmy.
“我们的在上天的主啊
“Our Father, who art in heaven,
“以你神圣的名字
“Hallowed be thy name.
“当他结束在人间的旅程 请在天国迎接他们
“Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
“赐予我们食物
“Give us this day our daily bread.
“原谅我们的过失…
“And forgive us our trespasses…
“因为我们原谅那些对我们有过错的人
“as we forgive those who trespass against us.
请指引我们不受迷惑 远离魔鬼”
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”
怎么样 皮特
How about it, Pete?
好的 伙计 就这样吧
All right, fellas. Fellas, that’s it.
现在 问题要简单明了
Now, keep your questions short and to the point.
我们由福兰克·埃塞克斯开始
We’re gonna start off with Frank Essex.
福兰克·埃塞克斯
Frank Essex.
好的 慢慢来 皮特 伊斯
All right, take it easy, Petey, jeez.
福兰克·埃塞克斯 每日新闻
Frank Essex, Daily News.
今天来了很多记者
You got a lot of reporters here today.
很多人关注这场比赛
A lot of people are interested in this fight.
你要给你的拳迷们说些什么呢 詹姆斯
What do you got to say to your fans today, Jimmy?
我想我非常感谢这个机会
I guess I’m grateful for the opportunity.
我知道在这样的日子里 不是每个人都有第二次机会
I know that these days not everybody gets a second chance.
我有很多需要感谢
You know, I have a lot to be grateful for.
我有三个美丽 健康 淘气的孩子
You know, I have three beautiful, healthy, troublemaking kids.
我有世上最美丽的妻子…
You know, I have the prettiest wife a man could wish for…
鲍博·约翰森 波士顿全球
Bob Johnson, Boston Globe.
两天前 我们报道了你把救济款还给政♥府♥
Two days ago, we ran a story about you giving your relief money back.
你能告诉我们的读者为什么吗
Can you tell our readers why?
我相信我们生活在一个伟大的国家
I believe we live in a great country.
一个国家伟大到在经济上帮助一个人…
A country that’s great enough to help a man financially…
在他处在困境之中的时候
when he’s in trouble.
但是后来我交了好运气 情况好转了
But lately I have had some good fortune and I’m back in the black.
我想我要把钱还回去
And I just thought I should return it.
威尔森 到你了
Wilson, you’re up.
好 这里
Yeah, over here.
如果你拿了世界冠军…
Listen, what’s the first thing you’re gonna do…
你要做的第一件事是什么
if you make world champion?
第一件事 我要去买♥♥一些乌龟
First thing, I’m gonna have to go and buy some turtles.
什么 乌龟
What’s that? Turtles?
对 我告诉孩子们…
Yeah, well, I said to the kids when…
在我早晨离开家的时候…
I was leaving the house this morning…
我要赢得冠军头衔…
that I was gonna bring back the title…
他们以为我说的是”乌龟”
and they thought I said “turtle.”
对
Yeah.
那么自然 我不想令他们失望
So naturally, I don’t want to let them down.
但是如果我能带回家 头衔和乌龟…
But if I could bring home the title and a turtle…
他们一定会很高兴
they sure would be tickled.
你明白吗”头衔 乌龟”对吗
You got that? “Title, turtle, ” right?
杰克·格林布拉特 芝加哥部落
Jake Greenblatt from Chicago Trib.
你好 杰克 已经有一段时间了
Hello, Jake. It’s been a while.
你改变了什么 詹姆斯
What’s changed, Jimmy?
我是指 你不会为了爱和钱
I mean, you couldn’t win a fight
去赢一场比赛 对吗
for love or money, right?
你怎么解释你状态的恢复
How do you explain your comeback?
实际上 杰克…
Well, you know, the truth is, Jake…
在过去几年里 我一直有伤
for a number of years there we was fighting injured.
我的手数次骨折
I broke my hand more than once.
我经历了一场车祸 我们在路上…
I got in a car accident one time, we was on the road…
我必须从那些中恢复过来
and I had to get that fixed.
我经历了一系列的坏运气
I had a run of bad luck.
这一回 我明白了我为什么打拳
And, this time around, I know what I’m fighting for.
什么 是什么 詹姆斯
Yeah? What’s that, Jimmy?
牛奶
Milk.
牛奶
Milk?
斯博·路易丝 纽约信使
Sporty Lewis, New York Herald.
斯博
Sporty.
实际上 我是要问布洛克太太
Actually, my question’s for Mrs. Braddock.
布洛克太太 我的读者们想知道…
Mrs. Braddock, my readers would love to know…
你是怎么想的…
how do you feel about the fact that…
麦克斯·贝尔在拳台上打死了两个人
Max Baer’s killed two men in the ring?
那么你是怎么想的 女士
So how do you feel about that, ma’am?
你不为你丈夫的性命担忧吗
Are you scared for your husband’s life?
她更担心麦克斯·贝尔 路易丝先生
She’s scared for Max Baer, is who she’s scared for, Mr. Lewis.
好 下一个问题 伙计们
Okay, how about one more question, folks?
楼下说你想见我们
Said downstairs you wanted to see us.
乔伊 詹姆斯 进来 请坐
Joe, Jim, come on in. Have a seat.
在这
Right here.
编辑们说这场拳赛更象是谋杀
Editorial says this fight is good as murder.
每个人都在想可能会闹到法♥院♥去…
And everybody associated with it should be hauled into court…
后来会起诉
and prosecuted afterwards.
他们说报社收到各种各样的来信…
They say the paper’s getting all sorts of letters…
说你是人们的希望
from people saying you’re their inspiration.
就象你救了他们的命什么的
Like you saved their lives or something.
如果你问我 是胡说八道
If you ask me, it’s a lot of crap.
但是如果我要宣传这场拳赛…
But if I’m gonna promote this fight…
如果你出了什么事 我也脱不了干系
I’m not getting hung out to dry if something happens to you.
你到是好心
You’re all heart.
我的心留给我的家人 乔伊
My heart’s for my family, Joe.
我的脑子和蛋留给生意…
My brains and my balls are for business…
这就是生意
and this is business.
你明白吗 明白
You got me? Gotcha.
你会知道你面对的是什么
You will know exactly what you’re up against.
我的律师 米尔斯先生
And my attorney, Mr. Mills…
会做证我已经尽全力警告过你
will witness that I’ve done everything in my power to warn you.
我已经看过卡那拉的比赛
You know, I seen the Carnera fight.