What scares me is getting to the end before I finish.
出兵 那是什么
L’Attaque. What’s that one?
那是我的团长
That’s my colonel.
不 不是 -是这样的 我有两个
No, it isn’t. – Yes, it is, I’ve got two
吃了你的队长
and it beats your captain.
就那样 别动
Just keep it still.
出兵
L’Attaque.
炸♥弹♥出现 拜拜咯
It’s a bomb, so bye bye.
接下来是什么 乔克
What’s next, Jock?
接下来是关于直升机安全性的报告
Next is a report on the safety of helicopters.
很明显不安全
Not safe, that’s obvious.
就是这么处理的 -嗯好
That’s what the report’s addressing. – Hmm.
走左边 -不
Use your left. – No.
出兵
L’Attaque.
那只是一个侦查员 -你好多了 温斯顿
That’s just a scout. – Better, Winston.
拜拜咯
Bye bye.
我把报告的摘要放在这盒子里 晚上看
I will leave a precis of the report in the box overnight.
谢谢你 乔克
Thank you, Jock.
要是我生病 就这样去了伊甸园 没道理呀
There’s no point in rushing succession with Eden ill.
如果真是这样 那你也别无选择 只能继续了
If that’s the case, then you’ll have no choice but to continue.
非常正确
Quite right.
客观地来看
Circumstances may well convince me
我也是不可缺少的
of my indispensability.
出兵
L’Attaque!
炸♥弹♥ 拜拜
That’s a bomb, bye bye.
早上好拉布 -乔克
Morning, Rab. – Jock.
在希腊怎么样 我看你晒黑了
How was Greece? I see you got a tan.
在伊甸园公♥司♥很难不晒黑
It’s difficult being in Eden’s company and not getting a tan.
他什么时候回英国 -大约一周后
When’s he due back in England? – A week or so.
噢 -哎呀
Ooh! – Ah!
还不如一个5岁的小孩儿
Outmanoeuvred by a 5-year-old!
不 用左手 -左手
No, use your left hand. – Use your left.
爸爸左手
Left hand, Papa.
爷爷 这一棒槌得很不好啊
That was a silly shot, grandpa.
别说话
Be quiet.
温斯顿还不能回马盖特吗
Will Winston be well enough for Margate?
可是党派希望进行一场公共加冕
The party wants a public coronation.
不然他们会说 国王死了国王万岁 这种话 你知道的
“The King is dead, long live the King”, you know, that sort of thing.
但他没有死 他现在康复的很快
But he’s not dead, he’s making good progress.
有时候他真的比别人厉害
Some days he’s stronger than others, of course.
他不用唱歌♥跳舞 把王冠递过去就好了
He doesn’t have to dance and sing, just pass on the crown.
他就是如此倔强 他不希望别人看见他坐在轮椅上
And there’s his pride, Rab, he doesn’t want to be seen in a wheelchair.
界外球 尼古拉斯 再打一次
Foul ball, Nicholas, take the shot again.
不公平
That’s not fair!
啊 尼古拉斯 我们真正的敌人来了
Ah, here’s the real enemy, Nicholas.
希望您不要把我看作敌人 首相
I hope you don’t think of me as an enemy, Prime Minister.
拉布 我可没有这样想
I don’t think of you at all, Rab.
我的外交大臣怎么样了
How’s my Foreign Secretary?
他还在努力康复着 -非常好
Fighting fit. – Jolly good.
我猜你看见我没有像结巴的李尔王那样在暴雨中咆哮
I expect you were disappointed not to find me ranting in a storm
有些失望吧
like King Lear with a lisp.
不不 我所希望的是您能快点好起来 首相
All I wish is that your health improves quickly, Prime Minister.
我也希望
I wish that too.
把球捡起来 尼古拉斯
Pick up the ball, Nicholas.
尼古拉斯 让你爷爷自己试试
Nicholas, why don’t you let grandpa do it?
什么
What?
噢 好吧
Oh, alright…
首相 -不不不不 我自己来
Prime Minister… – No, no, no, no, please!
让他试试吧
MILLIE: Just let him try.
把他的棍子拿上
Get his stick.
退后
Back.
看好
Now…
给你 亲爱的
Look at that, lovely.
轮到艾玛了
Emma’s turn now.
好伤心
Very sad.
我希望你不要再假装你的身体没问题 可以继续任职
I want you to stop this pretence that you can go on forever.
克莱美 我还有一个任务
I have one more task, Clemmy.
噢 温斯顿
Oh, Winston!
你永远都是 还有一件事
There’s always one more thing.
在我死之前 我可以尝试着让那些可怕的炸♥弹♥消失
I can try to make those terrible bombs obsolete before I die.
其他人都不在了 只有我还在
Everyone else has gone, I’m the only one left.
不能让我最后一次胜利是赢得和平吗
Can’t my last victory be one of peace?
你该停下来了
It’s time to stop.
亲爱的克莱美 -不要叫我亲爱的
My darling Clemmy… – Don’t “darling” me.
我想和你在一起 在你还是你
I want time with you while you’re still you.
我还是我的时候
While I’m still me.
孩子们需要和你在一起
The children need time with you.
他们已经不再是孩子了
They’re not children anymore.
但她们还是渴望和你在一起
They are desperate for you.
战后我就请求你退休 难道非要他们投票让你下台 你才停下来吗
I begged you to retire after the war. You only stopped because they voted you out.
因为那些人根本不懂
The people didn’t understand.
人♥民♥累了 我也累了 我现在就很累
The people were exhausted! So was I, and I am now.
克莱美
Clemmy…
克莱美
Clemmy…
你曾经问我 他床头那张照片里的人
You asked me once who was in the photograph by his bed.
那个小女孩是谁
The little girl.
她的名字叫玛丽古德 意思是金盏花
Her name was Marigold.
他一直唱的那首歌♥就是她的歌♥
It’s Marigold’s song he’s been singing.
戴安娜把歌♥词教给她 她为能记住歌♥词感到骄傲
Diana taught her the words and she was so proud of remembering them.
但是她在不到三岁的时候去世了
She died just before her third birthday.
她的感冒持续了一整个夏天
She’d had a cold all summer.
可是又有哪个孩子没在夏天感冒过呢 米莉
What child doesn’t have a summer cold, Millie?
但是
But…
那不是感冒 是败血病
it wasn’t cold, it was septicaemia.
我当时不在
And I wasn’t there.
她们和保姆一起在海边
They were at the seaside with their governess.
我们找到她的时候
By the time we got to her…
已经太迟了
It was too late to do anything.
温斯顿和我坐在她旁边 整整2天
Winston and I sat with her for… two days.
我们都未曾合眼
Neither of us slept.
我们给她唱儿歌♥ 讲故事
We sang nursery rhymes with her and told her stories.
他以前从来没有给女儿讲过故事
He’d never had the time to tell her stories before.
最后
At the end…
她让我给她唱那首歌♥
she asked me to sing that song.
然后我唱了
And I did.
但是她后来让我不要唱了
But she stopped me.
她说她累了
She was tired, she said.
然后她要我在早上的时候再唱完
Then… she asked me to finish it in the morning.
但是她就去世了
But that was it.
她最后一次呼吸 便是伴着那首歌♥
Her last breath is in that song.
之后 我们再也没提过这件事
We never talk about it.
再也没有提过她
We never talk about her.
你喜欢亨利?
Do you like Henley?
他是史蒂文森作品中朗·约翰·西尔弗的原型
He was Stephenson’s model for Long John Silver.
你肯定不知道 -我知道
I bet you didn’t know that. – I did.
我父亲最喜欢的诗人就是史蒂文森
He was my father’s favourite poet.
你父亲是做什么的
What does your father do?
他是矿工的工会代表
He was a shop steward at the pits.
可是自从你派兵到威尔士矿工队 他就不喜欢你
And he was no fan of yours, not since you sent the army in on the Welsh miners.
好吧 至少他有很好的诗人品位
Well, at least he’s got good taste in poets.
他最喜欢的是这句话
This one’s his favourite.
在他被截肢之前 他还把这句话写下来过
He wrote it just before having his leg cut off.
这句话是关于希望的
It’s about hope.
夜幕低垂 将我笼罩
“Out of the night that covers me”
我穿过层层无底的黑暗
“black as a pit from pole to pole”
感谢万能的上帝
“I thank whatever Gods may be”
赐予我坚不可摧的灵魂
“for my unconquerable soul.”
米莉 我需要希望
Millie… I need some hope.
好 就这样 非常好
Good, that’s good, well done.
再一次 不要太快 没问题的
And another, not too fast, you’re fine.
把你的重心放在我身上

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!