我希望我们在百慕大群岛的会面只会暂时拖延
I look upon this as a temporary deferment of our meeting in Bermuda.”
啊
Ah.
你的健康对这个世界至关重要
“Your health is of great importance to the world.”
米莉
Millie.
您要说什么
What do you mean?
艾森豪威尔
Eisenhower.
艾森豪威尔
Eisenhower.
埃克 他就不想开这个会
Ike, he never wanted the conference.
他不相信我们能和俄♥国♥人谈判达到和平
He doesn’t believe that we can talk our way to peace with the Russians.
再说一遍
Say it again.
艾森豪威尔
Eisenhower.
再来一遍
And again.
艾森豪威尔
Eisenhower.
不用收拾 我们还没喝完
Leave that, we haven’t finished.
哦 抱歉
Oh, I’m sorry.
不用想 你也想来一杯吧
I don’t imagine you’d like one of these.
不了 谢谢 -你叫什么
No, thank you. – What’s your name?
阿普尔亚德护士
Nurse Appleyard.
他怎么叫你
What’s he calling you?
米莉 -米莉
Millie. – Millie.
是啊 我想你爱上他了
Yes, I suppose you’re in love with him.
房♥子里在哪都能听到喊米莉的声音 急促夹杂着小梦幻
This house is normally crawling with Millies, all busy with their little fantasies.
我要把这个拿给他 -抱歉
I should take this to him. – I’m sorry.
别觉得尴尬
Don’t be embarrassed.
我没有 但是我得把这个拿给他
I’m not. But I should take this to him.
你想过离婚吗
SARAH: Did you ever think of getting divorced?
你问你母亲这个问题有点过了
That’s quite a question to ask your mother.
抱歉
Sorry.
我确实想过不嫁给他
I did think of not marrying him.
当我最终接受他的求婚
When I finally accepted his proposal
他保证 在我告诉我母亲之前他不会公布这事
he promised he’d keep it a secret until I’d told my mother.
就5分钟 他告诉了他全家
Within 5 minutes, he told his whole family.
我就意识到 什么事都得随着他来
I realised then that it was always going to be all about him.
这是本轮沃德尔对哈赛特的第五球
ON RADIO: And it’s Wardle to Hassett on the fifth ball of this over.
很轻松就到底线了 裁判示意是四分球
Easily pushed out towards the Pavilion End. And the umpire’s signalling a four.
这是在为刚转台到这里的观众们解说
For those of you who’ve just joined us in this second test here at Lords
阳光照耀在场上的观众身上
the sun is shining on a capacity crowd…
你好
Hello?
嘿
Hello?
嘿
Hello?
伦道夫
Randolph.
你来了太好了
Good of you to come.
为什么你会感谢我这时出现在我父亲临终之时的床前
Why are you thanking me for turning up to my father’s deathbed?
艾登怎么样
How’s Eden?
来了又走了 -为什么我不知道这事
It’s touch and go. – Well, why don’t I know about this?
为什么党内不知道政♥府♥的两个中坚人物都病倒了
Why doesn’t the party know the two pillars of government are down?
形式已经控制住了 -胡说 就你这种满嘴油滑的小人
The situation is being handled. – Bugger is it, it’s being sat on.
在这压着这么大的事情
By greasy little margarine-eaters like you.
房♥子里怎么这么安静 -你的家人在花♥园♥里
Why is the house so silent? – Your family are in the garden.
好的 你可以走了 享受你的板球赛吧
Okay, you can go now. Enjoy the cricket.
嘿 你父亲很累了 我刚才在陪着他
Hello, Randolph. Your father’s very tired, I’ve just been with him.
你能不能等他睡下了 不
Could you wait until he’s slept a little…? No.
先生 他现在太累了 不能见任何人
Sir, he’s too tired to see anyone at the moment.
我想和他单独呆一会 拜托了 -他需要休息
I’d like to be alone with him now, please. – He needs to rest.
你不知道我是谁对吧
You don’t know who I am, do you?
就算你是示巴女王 你也不能打扰我的病人
I don’t care if you’re the Queen of Sheba, you’re not going to disturb my patient.
我就坐那 我什么都不说
I’ll sit. I shan’t say a word.
他有问起我吗
Has he been asking after me?
你是伦道夫吗
Are you Randolph?
是的 他问过
Yes, he has.
婚姻就像花♥园♥
Marriage is like a garden.
你得精心照料它过冬
You have to work it through the winter
否则你就看不到五月杜♥鹃♥花盛放的美丽
or you don’t get that gorgeous month of rhododendrons in May.
或者三个星期就
Or three weeks of… well.
我相信你会感谢我的隐喻的
I trust you’re appreciating the metaphor.
有时我感觉我是嫁给了他而不是我的哪个丈夫
I’ve sometimes felt more married to him than I have to either of my husbands.
这么想真傻 -不 根本不
That’s silly. – No, it’s not.
想逃避我父亲是谁的事实真是不可能的
There is no hiding from the world who my father is.
你什么时候来的 -大概一多小时以前吧
So when did you get down? – About an hour or so ago.
他看上去很平静
He seems quiet peaceful.
科尔维尔一如既往的荒唐
Colville was being preposterous as always.
为什么 他才得到这份工作
Why? He’s just doing his job.
我们还是孩子的时候 单纯多了
SARAH: It was simpler when we were children.
但是那时我们还有自己的想法 自己的生活
But the minute we had our own ideas, our own lives
然后我们就不再崇拜他了 一切都变了
and we stopped worshipping him, everything changed.
他爱你 你们所有人 -不 他爱你是因为他需要你
He loves you, he loves all of you. – No, he loves you because he needs you,
我不知道他还需要我们当中的谁
I don’t know how much he needs the rest of us.
莎拉
Sarah…
你在那的时候待哪 -尼古拉斯那时
So, where did you stay there? – Nicholas took that time…
贝弗利山庄的卡尔顿酒店 哦 戴安娜 那里简直太棒了
The Beverly Hills Carlton Hotel, oh, Diana it’s just marvellous.
有沙漏形的游泳池 每晚都有酒会
It had these hourglass pools, parties every night.
哦 亲爱的 你必须得来 -我很乐意
Oh, darling, you must come. – I’d love to.
你们俩聊什么呢
What are you two wittering on about?
你 伦道夫 -是吗
You, Randolph. – Are you?
我就问问 -查尔斯已经在那了
I’m only asking. – Charles has been there.
他能做的更多 克里斯托弗就是想帮忙
He’s been more than that, Christopher’s only trying to help.
我就问问 我就问问
I’m only asking, I’m only asking.
谢谢 莱西太太
CLEMENTINE: Thank you, Mrs Lacey.
莱西太太前两天遇上大♥麻♥烦了
Mrs Lacey has gone to great trouble in the last two days.
谢谢 -谢谢
Thank you. – Thank you.
你做的很好
Well done for doing your job.
你一定要这么无礼吗 伦道夫
Do you have to be so rude, Randolph?
我觉得他死了大家都能活得轻松点
I think it’ll be easier for everyone if he dies.
莎拉走出这里就可以嫁给任何一个她喜欢的穷酸的老家伙 这样很简单
Well, Sarah can go off and marry any old low-life she likes it’ll be easier for you,
你能搬出唐宁街 卖♥♥掉这个你恨之入骨的地方
you can move out of Downing Street you can sell this place, which you hate.
你就能滚回法国南部了 -这么说你父亲真是无♥耻♥
And you bugger off to the south of France. – That’s a wicked thing to say about your father.
我爱我父亲 这事是让你很难堪 搞清楚了 亲爱的
I love my father, it was a wicked thing to say about you. Get it right, dear.
想想他给你那么多机会 那么多次他给你的竞选帮忙
All the opportunities he’s given you, all the times he’s helped to campaign for you!
没这些你就输掉竞选了 伦道夫
Not that you needed any help losing elections, Randolph.
我想那是因为你演了几部无人知晓的电影
And I suppose cos you’ve appeared in a couple of films that no-one’s even heard of
让你对成功了如指掌
that makes you an authority on success.
莎拉接到了很多好通告了
Sarah received very good notices for her…
我们都看见莎拉在美国的通告了 醉倒街头
Well, we’ve all seen the notices of Sarah in America, drunk in the street…
安静点 伦道夫
Be quiet, Randolph.
给爸爸丢人
Brings disgrace on Papa.
我的错误只会回报在我自己身上 不是爸爸身上
My mistakes reflect on me, not on Papa.
你可真傻 我们不论做了什么都会回报在他身上
You really are thick. Everything we do reflects on him.
他做了什么也都会反应在我们身上
Everything he does reflects on us, we are…
我们就是大行星旁的卫星 我们一直都是
We’re moons to the big planet, we’re one being.
现在他就病殃殃的躺在那 病病殃殃 奄奄一息
And now with him sick in there, sick and dying
就要走到尽头
with him near the end…
就要到尽头 就要
with him near the end, with him near the…
我向我自己保证不会在你们这群人面前哭
I promised myself I would not cry in front of you people.
你喝的有点多 伦道夫
That’s enough drink, Randolph.
我真想看看你要阻止我的样子
I’d really like to see you try and stop me.
我就知道 -你从没成功阻止他喝酒 不是吗
I know you would. – You never stopped him drinking, did you?
没有 你就坐在那
No, you just sit by.
你就坐那 别的什么都不干
You sit by, that’s what you do.
你们就冷眼看着灾难发生 活得像两个智者
And you watch the disasters unfold like the lives of these two intellectuals.
别这么让妈妈难堪 -哦索姆斯夫人闭嘴吧
Don’t be so foul to Mama. – Oh, Mrs Soames, shut up, Mrs Soames!
然后你就大言不惭的说
And then you have the audacity to say…
伦道夫 拜托 妈妈没有错 你不能这样怪她
Randolph, please, none of this is Mama’s fault, you can’t blame her
没有吗 -戴安娜 别这么说
Isn’t it? – Oh, Diana, don’t.
因为她本可以做我们称职的母亲 结果却只当了爸爸的老妈子
Because she could have mothered us, only she was too buy mothering Papa.
他就是她的替代品孩子
He was her surrogate baby.
你的心理医生怎么样啊 戴安娜
And how is your psychoanalyst, Diana?
我能去看看他吗 -现在不行 亲爱的
May I go and visit him?- Not now, my darling.
看 这就是证据 你看过他们的照片吗
Look, here’s the proof. Have you seen the photographs of them?
这个 这个 哦 还有这个
This one and this one and oh, this one.
爱慕的注视 几乎每张照片都有
The adoring gaze, almost every picture