不 那个时候玛丽还没有出生
No, Mary wasn’t born then.
你什么时候结婚 – 我们打算移♥民♥到澳大利亚
When are you getting married? – We’re going to emigrate to Australia.
他过几周就过去 然后我去找他汇合 我们打算在那边结婚
He’s going in a few weeks and then I’ll join him. We plan to marry there.
然后开始组建自己的家庭
And start your family?
等过段时间吧
In time.
谁来帮我搞定这个玩意 它卡住了
Will someone help me with this silly thing, it’s stuck.
戴安娜
Diana?
谢谢
Thank you.
他怎么样
How is he?
实际上 他今天好多了
He’s much better today, actually.
我以为萨拉会在这列车上
I thought Sarah was supposed to be on that train.
她误点了 我们得等她一会
She missed it, I’m afraid, we’re going to have to wait for her.
邓肯呢
Where’s Duncan?
他当然不在
He’s away, of course.
我本来想第一个打给他 但是他不知道跑哪去了
I tried to telephone him first thing, but he wasn’t where he said he would be, and…
刚刚在车上的时候 我还在想 要不要把孩子们带过来
I was thinking, on the train, should I have brought the children?
最好别
Better not.
我就没让尼古拉斯和艾玛过来掺和
I’ve been keeping Nicholas and Emma out of the way.
我确实考虑过
Well, I did think about it.
我来拿吧 -他们会觉得你要住进来
I’ll take it. – They shall think you’re moving in.
我才从洛杉矶回来 根本没时间收拾行李
I only just got back from Los Angeles, I haven’t had time to unpack.
我觉得你应该和克里斯托弗还有我呆在乡下的农场
I thought you’d both stay with Christopher and me down at the farm.
我不能这么做 为了孩子们 我要回去
I can’t do that, I’ve got to get back for the children.
哦 我就害怕这个
Oh, I’m dreading this.
谢谢
Thanks.
你好皮尔逊太太 -小点声 妈妈在睡觉
Hello, Mrs Pearson. – Shh! Mama’s sleeping.
我会告诉她你来了
I’ll let her know you’re here.
乔克
Jock.
蜘蛛爬出巢穴了啊
The spider emerges from his lair.
戴安娜
Diana.
莎拉
Sarah.
蜘蛛有巢穴吗
Do spiders have lairs?
我们来给你收拾一下 让你看起来体体面面的
Let’s just neaten you up a bit, shall we? Make you presentable.
敲门声
(KNOCKS AT DOOR)
哦 他们来了
Oh, here they are.
他正盼着你们呢
He’s expecting you.
爸爸
Papa.
爸爸
Papa…
是戴安娜
It’s Diana.
横冲直撞的小猫
Puppy kitten…
是横冲直撞的小猫
Puppy kitten, yes.
小骡也在这
And the mule is here, too.
你好 爸爸
Hello, Papa.
她两天前才从美国飞回来
She only flew in from America two days ago.
孩子们
Children…
孩子们没来
Children, no.
不在这
…aren’t here?
没 我没带他们来
No, I didn’t bring the children.
只有我 我觉得带上孩子人就太多了
It’s only me. I thought the children would be too much.
他想握住你的手
He wants to hold your hand.
我们都希望看到您尽快好起来 爸爸
We all hope to see you up and about soon, Papa.

Amer…

Americ…
美国 哦 美国真的很繁华
America? Oh, America was a great success.
你的丈夫呢
Your husband?
托尼 哦 呃 托尼现在很好 他在电视台做编导
Tony, oh, uh, Tony’s doing okay, he’s directing television now.

Ah.
敲门声
(KNOCKS AT DOOR)
啊 不是个好时机啊
Ah, not a good time.
对 不是
No, it’s not.
我想见他
I want to see him.
来吧 戴安娜 我们很快回来 爸爸
Come on, Diana. We’ll come back soon, Papa.
我们才到没多久 -他想回去工作
We’ve only just arrived. – Well, he wants to work.
再会
See you later.
12点多了 我要喝一杯 你在干什么
Well, it’s past 12 and I need a drink. What are you doing?
给妈妈做早餐 她整晚都醒着 他怎么样了
Making breakfast for Mama, she was up all night. How is he?
他看上去很不好 听声音是恶化了
He looked terrible and sounded worse.
哦 橄榄 谁想来杯加橄榄的马蒂尼
Ooh, olives. Who wants a dirty martini?
我要一杯 -冰在哪
DIANA: Yes, please. – Ice?
在餐厅找找 -在这
Try the dining room. – It’s here.
我找到罐子了
I’ve got the jug.
伦道夫来了吗 -今天下午到
Is Randolph coming? – This afternoon.
我听到了个关于伦道夫的趣事
I heard a very funny story about Randolph.
莎拉 麦克米伦周末宴请了些客人
Sarah Macmillan had some guests for the weekend and suddenly
突然有个人走进来耳语道
one of them comes in and whispers
伦道夫 丘吉尔到大厅了 所有人就围到门边想看看什么的
‘ Randolph Churchill’s in the hall’ so, they all peer round the door to have a look
他是被开车送来的 一身酒气像个臭鼬 进来后以为到了旅馆
anyway, he’s driven up, drunk as a skunk, thought the house was an hotel
大摇大摆的晃进来 跟莎拉的一个客人要了杯琴酒
marched in and ordered a gin from one of Sarah’s guests.
谁这么干的 -伦道夫在麦克米伦家的时候-
Who’s this? – Randolph at the Macmillans’.
他觉得那是个旅馆 -发生什么了
He thought it was an hotel. – What happened?
他就坐在大厅里 把酒喝了 留下小费又开车走了
Oh, he sat in the hall, drank it, left a tip and drove off.
为什么没人提醒他
Why didn’t anybody say anything?
那些人都被他吓傻了 -我也吓傻了
They’re all petrified of him. – I’m petrified of him.
跟他爸爸一个样
Just like the old man.
真不知道生活没了他会成什么样
I dread what life’s going to be like without him.
敬爸爸
To Papa.
敬爸爸
To Papa.
妈妈
Mama?
房♥间服务
Room service.
亲爱的妈妈
Darling Mama.
亲爱的们
Darlings…
伦道夫到了吗 -还没
Is Randolph here? – No, not yet.
你什么时候回来的 -两天前
When did you get back? – Two days ago.
你一定累坏了 亲爱的
You must be exhausted, darling.
她错过了早班火车 所以她还没那么累
She missed the early train, so she can’t be that exhausted.
你们父亲今早怎么样了
How’s your father this morning?
他看上去更想见克里斯托弗而不是我们
He seemed more interested in seeing Christopher than us.
昨晚真吓人 -为什么 发生什么了
It was frightening last night. – Why, what happened?
那个护士救了他一命 -不不
That nurse saved his life. – CLEMENTINE: No, no.
他就是有点呼吸困难 就这样
He just had a little trouble breathing, that’s all.
我都不知道克里斯托弗在做什么 邓肯甚至不知道爸爸病了
I don’t know what Christopher’s doing, Duncan doesn’t even know that Papa’s ill.
据说他今早在内阁
He was told with the cabinet this morning.
我们自己知道就好
But it’s important that we keep this to ourselves.
文件怎么样了
What about the papers?
你父亲昨晚和马克斯谈过了
Your father spoke to Max last night.
别把面包屑弄到床上了 亲爱的 -哦 抱歉
Don’t get crumbs on the bed, darling. – Oh, sorry.
我爱莱丝太太的橘子酱
Oh, I love Mrs Lace’s marmalade.
我希望你们每个人都举止得体
I want best behaviour, everyone.
一定不要让你们父亲心情低落 至少别在这个时候
Your father must not be upset, not when he’s like this.
我不允许屋子里有人♥大♥声说话明白吗
I will have no raised voices in this house, understand?
我说的是专业的医嘱 不是派对上的劲爆消息
I gave a professional medical opinion, not a party press release
让你们听听就完 像个醉醺醺的小
that you can fiddle with like some groggy little…
那是什么 -脑血供中断的产物
That is what? – The disturbance of the cerebral circulation
这就是我的看法 -从政♥治♥上来看 反应太过了
that was the phrase I used. – It was felt to be too strong, politically.
谁的感觉 你的
Felt by who? By you?
政客
Politicians.
首相夜以继日的工作 积劳成疾 需要好好的修养
“The Prime Minister has had no respite for a long time and is need of complete rest.”
哼 废话 首相过劳了是新鲜事吗
Well, it’s piffle! It’s no news that the Prime Minister has been overdoing it.
他一辈子都在不停的工作
He’s been overdoing it his entire life!
如果你想让每日镜报抓住你的小尾巴 你就抱着这块奶酪吧
If you want the Daily Mirror to smell a rat, well, here’s the cheese!
这好玩吗
Is that funny?
这么蠢的事都往外说
Such a silly thing to say.
奶酪
Cheese?
巴特勒和索尔兹伯里想把这个发出去
This is what Butler and Salisbury wanted to put out.
好 我不掺和了 就瞎理解我的专业建议吧
Well, I disassociate myself completely. It misrepresents my professional opinion.
你要去哪
Where are you going?
透透气
Fresh air.
这是艾森豪威尔总统寄来的
This is from President Eisenhower.
亲爱的温斯顿 我听到
“Dear Winston, I’m deeply distressed to hear
你的医生建议你放下自己的担子的时候 很失落
your physicians have advised you to lighten your duties

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!