不希望发生的事是什么 – 他的葬礼
“Operation Hope Not.” – His funeral.
这是什么
What’s this?
唯一可参考的先例是威灵顿公爵的葬礼
The only precedent was the Duke of Wellington’s.
是女王个人建议我们应该照着那个办
It was the Queen’s personal suggestion that we base it on that.
名字是你起的
Was the name your idea?
还能有谁
Afraid so.
新闻界的各位要人
Lords of the press.
我们去工作室里面会见他们吧 我们可不想丘吉尔夫人受到打扰
We’ll see them in the studio, we don’t want Lady Churchill disturbed.
看他们
Look at them.

Who?
他的密友们
The cronies.
都前来聚集在他们的领头人的病榻前
Gathering at the deathbed of their leader.
谢谢你 我坐在这陪着他
Thank you. I’ll sit with him now.
我不会走远
I won’t go far.
我们收到你那神秘兮兮的传召了 乔克
I got your cloak-and-dagger summons, Jock
并且我觉得 要不就是温斯顿一直以来都是共♥匪♥的间谍
and I thought either Winston’s been a Communist spy all along
要不就是他快死了 到底是哪个
or he’s dying. Which is it?
各位大人 我想请各位移步到这边的工作室来详谈
My lords, if you’d like to step this way we can use the studio.
我马上回来
I’ll just be a moment.
我一直害怕他送我一副他的画当礼物
I live in fear of being given one of his paintings as a gift.
温斯顿会来吗
Is Winston joining us?

No.
如果温斯顿快不行了 我就要换新的早报头条了 我需要一部电♥话♥
If Winston is dying, we’ll have to pull the morning editions, I need a telephone.
麦克斯 拜托了 现在为止什么都还不能确定
Max, please, at the moment we don’t know anything for sure.
我们已经了解的够多了
We know enough.
我请求你们 我们请求你们 稍安勿躁
I’m asking, we are asking, that you wait.
这是他所期望的吧 – 为了封住我们的口
We think that’s what he’d want. – To gag us.
是等到情况比较明朗了再下决定
Only until the situation is clearer.
在他苏醒过来之前很难下一个确切的诊断
It is impossible to make a proper diagnosis until he comes round.
那万一镜报看出些端倪怎么办
And what if The Mirror sniffs something?
他们会很高兴报道出 危难关头政♥府♥群龙无首
They’d be only too happy to report a headless government in crisis.
这就是请你们来的原因 为了确保那样的事不会发生
That’s why you’re here, to make sure that doesn’t happen.
那伊登呢
What about Eden?
我们知道他的手术怎么样了吗 – 我在医院那边有线人
Do we know how his operation went? – I’ve got a man at the hospital.
所以 只有我在这 温斯顿和伊登都不在考虑范围之内
So have I but without Winston and with Eden out of the running
你还是孤身一人
you’ve got no-one.
那找个代管人掌管政♥府♥半年怎么样 找索尔兹伯里勋爵
Maybe a caretaker government for 6 months, under Lord Salisbury?
你是认真的吗
Are you serious?
不消一个星期他就会组织大选了
He’d have a general election in a week.
这就是为什么我党需要更多时间 麦克斯
This is why the party needs more time, Max.
护士 护士
Nurse! Nurse!
护士 他呛住了
Nurse, he’s choking!
他被他的舌头噎住了
He’s swallowed his tongue.
深呼吸
Take a breath.
对 我们来把他扶起来
Right, let’s get him up.
这就好了
There you go.
那内阁呢
What about the cabinet?
拉布会在明早知会他们 – 议会呢
Rab will inform them in the morning. – And parliament?
目前没打算告诉他们 – 这不扯淡呢
No plans to tell them. – This is bullshit.
我知道现在还没有盖棺定论 但你这完全是在胡闹
I know the constitution’s not written down, but you’re trampling all over it.
莫伦医生 首相大人恢复意识了
Lord Moran, the Prime Minister’s regaining consciousness.
先生们 我离开一下
Would you excuse me gentlemen?
搞清楚伊登那边的情况 – 嗯
Find out about Eden. – Hmm.
我要去看看温斯顿
I’m going to see Winston.
为什么说拉丁语 温斯顿
Latin, Winston?
为了表明我还清醒着
To show my mind hasn’t gone.
那肯定会坚持到最后的
That’s the last thing that will pack up.
我们能借一步说话吗
Shall we just step outside?

No.
我 我想
I… I want…
知道事实
to know the truth.
你的心跳非常虚弱
Your heart is very weak
左半边身体还失去了知觉
and there’s a loss of sensation on the left side.
你承受不起再一次中风了
You’re vulnerable to further strokes.
告诉我
Tell me.
我快死了吗 查尔斯
Am I dying, Charles?
我不知道
I don’t know.
麦克斯
Max.
麦克斯
Max.
在 我的朋友
Yes, my friend.
安东尼怎么样了
How’s Anthony?
我们正在了解 温斯顿
We’re finding that out now, Winston.
给我点时间
Give me time.
给我点时间
Give me time.
拜托了 就算是为了我
Please, for me.
我会和他们商量的 – 谢谢
I’ll talk to the others. – Thank you.
他怎么样了
How is he?
恢复意识了 但是还是非常虚弱
Conscious, but very weak.
他的话语支离破碎 但是意思再明白不过了
His speech was hard to understand, but his meaning was as clear as ever.
伊登怎么样了
How’s Eden?
秋天之前让他回到公众视野不成问题
There’s no question of his returning to public life before the autumn.
所以 我们可能要不止缄口不言这几天了
So, we’ll need to keep quiet about this for longer than a few days.
如果温斯顿还在世 我们整个夏天都不能泄露口风
Maybe the whole summer if Winston hangs on.
各位大臣还是要听从首相的决断的 这个怎么解决
Ministries will still need decisions from the Prime Minister. How will we handle that?
拉布会接管内阁事宜
Rab will hold the fort with the cabinet.
至于决策 克里斯托佛和我知道我们的诉求 我们可以应付
As for decisions, Christopher and I know what we wants, I think we can make it work.
他本来就打算在百慕大会议之后休个假的
He was going on holiday after Bermuda anyway
如果他撑过来了 他就可以继续执政了
so if he pulls through, he can carry on.
到时候就不需要什么智囊团了
And no-one will be any the wiser.
那然后呢
And do what exactly?
把行动不便 口齿不清的他拖回到温思明斯特吗
Drag himself back to Westminster half-paralysed, slurring his words?
等到他恢复的差不多了 可莱美 我知道他仍然希望
If he regains enough strength, Clemmy, I know he still hopes
能够领导大家坚持到冷战结束
to lead the way to the end of the Cold War.
那他的家庭怎么办
What about his family?
我们可不想让一个瘫痪的病人没日没夜工作到死
We don’t want a man crippled with illness who’s worked himself to death.
难道他不应该把余下的日子用来陪同家人吗
Don’t you think we deserve some time with him?
可莱美 – 不行
Clemmy… – No.
你已经用药品帮他撑了好几年了 查尔斯
You’ve kept him propped up on pills for years, Charles.
如果你们真的爱他 对他有一点点关心的话 你们就会让他到此为止吧
If you have any love for him, if any of you do, you would get him to stop.
你们就会放他回家
You would let him come home to his family.
温斯顿有两个家庭 一个在温思明斯特
Winston has two families, one at Westminster…
他只有一个家 麦克斯
He has one family, Max.
他已经贡献了够多了 我们都贡献的够多了
He’s given enough, we both have.
这件事我们先闭口不谈 先关注时下的情况
We’ll keep this quiet, one day at a time.
我认为我们的愿望是一样的 都希望他可以恢复
I think we all want the same thing here, just time for him to recover
到时候他就可以自己下决定了
so he can make up his own mind.
你不认同吗
Don’t you agree?
敬 温斯顿
A toast, to Winston…
敬温斯顿 – 还有我们的国家
To Winston – …and our country.
还有我们的国家
Our country.
你叫什么
What’s your name?
阿普艾亚德护士 大人
Nurse Appleyard, sir.
不 不是你的职称 是名字
No, not your rank. Your name.
米莉
Millie.
米妮
Minnie?
我们明早再谈 – 好 好
We’ll talk in the morning. – Fine, fine.
只能靠我们一己之力掌管世界了 对吧
Running the world on our own, then?
看起来是的
So it would seem.
你的家人都有谁
Do you have family?
我 妈妈和爸爸
Me Mum and Dad.
还有未婚夫
And my fiancée.
虽然目前为止还不算家人
Although he’s not family yet.
他叫什么
What’s his name?
约翰
John.
这样
Well…
这些是我的家人
this is our family.
戴安娜
Diana…
萨拉
Sarah…
鲁道夫
Randolph.
那那个就是索姆斯夫人了
And that’s Mrs Soames.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!