I love you.
温斯顿 不怕他们
Face them down, Winston.
有你在 我能战胜一切
I can face anything with you.
不管是托利党 还是俄♥罗♥斯♥人
The Tories, Russians
甚至是死亡
even death itself.
走吧
Come on.
让我们齐心协力 偿清
RAB: Working together, achieving these new settlements
公众财政和金融服务的债务
for public finances, for our financial services
欧洲市场的公平性将有助于保护
and for fairness in Europe will help us secure…
你的身体还好吗 -很好 很好
How are you feeling? – Good, good.
我们所有人
…for us all.
我想我要把我的感受进行总结了
I thought I might just sum up what I feel…
没有人喜欢听长篇大论 如果你感觉听不下去了 那我就直接结束
No-one expects a long speech, if you feel you can’t get through it, just cut to the end.
我希望接下来几年能与你们齐心协力
…and I look forward over the coming years to working with you
共同见证新局面的发生
to make that happen.
帮我拿一下可以吗
Do you mind?
当然
Of course.
现在我非常高兴地欢迎
And so I have great pleasure in welcoming to conference
我们的首相 保守党领导人
the Prime Minister, and leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party
温斯顿·丘吉尔莅临会议现场
Sir Winston Churchill.
鼓掌声
(APPLAUSE)
议员们 女士们 先生们
My lords, ladies and gentlemen…
如果美国在第一次世界大战之前
had the United States taken before the First World War,
或者两次大战期间都
or between the wars
只谋取一种利益 做出一种牺牲
the same interest and made the same sacrifices
那么一战可能永远也不会发生
then there might never have been a first war
当然也就不会有二战
and there would certainly never have been a second.
那么 如果她对各个国家进行大力援助
With her mighty aid,
我敢肯定 第三次大战也绝不会发生
I have a sure hope, there will not be a third.
我相信你们也会感到如释重负 因为
I’m sure you would be relieved by the new…
因为
By the…
因为英属圭亚那传来的独♥立♥消息
By the news from British Guiana.
我很久没演讲了
I don’t often do that.
好吧 就当我不是在出席会议
Well, not at conference anyway.
我自己有一句话要说
One word personally about myself.
如果我继续留任一段时间 在这个年纪还承担重任
If I stay on for the time being, bearing the burden at my age
不是因为我对权利和职位的贪恋
it is not because of love of power or office.
因为现在这二者对我来说已经足够了
I’ve had an ample share of both.
如果我留下来 那是因为
If I stay, it is because
我认为
I have a feeling that I may,
我能够处理好一些正在发生的事
through things that have happened
而这 将会影响到我所关心的事物发展
have an influence on what I care about above all else
将会更好地建设长久持续的和平
the building of a sure and lasting peace.
那么 让我们齐头并进
Let us then go forward together
带着勇气与镇定 带着决心和诚意
with courage and composure, with resolution and good faith
最终 所有人都会守得云开见月明
to the end which all desire.