我看见你一直在走路。我把你送到什么地方吧?
I saw you walking. May I drop you somewhere?
不,谢谢。我在散步而已。
No, thanks. I’m strolling.
嘿!这可是非洲!这么散步太热了。
Hey! This is Africa! It’s too hot to stroll.
上车吧。我开车送你。
Hop in. I’ll drive you.
你好。
Hello.
这是我儿子。
That’s my son.
你要去哪里?
Where are you headed?
去林贝
To Limbe.
你是游客?
You’re a tourist?
算是吧。
Sort of.
我在哪儿让你下车?
Where can I drop you?
请去汽车站。
The bus station, please.
你缺钱吗?
Are you broke?
不,但我不想坐出租车。
No, but I don’t feel like taking a taxi.
入乡随俗,是吧?
Going native, huh?
你是林贝人吗?
Are you from Limbe?
不是
No.
再次感谢
Thanks, again.
你要去杜阿♥拉♥吗?
Are you going to Douala?
下一班车一小时后开。
The next bus leaves in an hour.
真巧,上车吧,我也要去杜阿♥拉♥。
What a drag! Come on, I’m going to Douala, too.
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
法兰西。
France.
“法兰西万岁!”
“Vive la France!”
法兰西!
France!
明年,我要拓宽这条路。
Next year, I’ll widen this road.
法兰西,别走远
France, stay close by.
听好我的谜语
Here’s my riddle.
好的。
Yes.
“在路边,有个黑色的小东西。”
“At the edge of the road, a black thread.”
“一只蚂蚁。”
“A lively ant.”
你猜怎么着,这个车没有刹车了!
What’s worse, this crate has no brakes left!
你会害死我们的!
You’re going to kill us!
这不是什么问题,亲爱的。
It’s only a question of safety, darling.
减速会引起事故的。
Slowing down would surely cause an accident.
看!不踩刹车的话!不是…
Look! No feet! Isn’t it…
马克,别这么做!
Marc, please!
就是这样!
That’s how it is!
我们走
We’re going.
一切都准备好了,长官。
Everything’s ready, gov’nor.
很好。
Fine.
宝贝……
Baby ant…
十天后见。记住,给奶奶写信。
I’ll see you in ten days. Remember, write to grandma.
好的。
Yes.
马克,我应该从巴黎订这些书吗?
Marc, should I order these books from Paris?
系好驴的皮带。
Fasten the donkey’s strap.
完成了。
Done.
上次我们损失了一半的咖啡配给。
Last time we lost half the coffee rations.
你说什么?
You were saying?
不要紧。
Never mind.
没有临别一吻吗?
No kiss?
没有我你也会过得很好,总督夫人。
You’ll do fine without me, Madame Governor.
记得去拜访那些挪威人。
Remember to visit the Norwegians.
谢谢,菩提,我把他们托付给你。好好照顾他们。
Thanks, Protée, I entrust them to you. Take good care of them.
现在可以上咖啡了。
You can serve coffee now.
然后是小睡的时间。
Then it’s time for a nap.
你不去睡觉吗?
You’re not in bed?
在外面晒黑了
You’ll see, You’ll turn black,
你父亲会尖叫的!
and your father will scream!
“鲁…
“Ru…
“……道夫
“…dolf
“狄奈克。”
“Dieneck.”
“科尔-韦斯。”
“Kur Wess.”
库尔特·韦斯。
Kurt Weiss.
韦斯。
Weiss.
德国人在法兰西也输了吗?
Did the Germans lose the war in France, too?
是的,在所有地方输了。
Oh, yes, everywhere.
你觉得我们会被埋在这里吗?
Do you think we’ll be buried here?
夫人,您要来点香茅吗?
Would you like a citronells, madame?
不,谢谢你,菩提。
No, thank you, Protée.
我要睡觉了。把灯关掉。
I’m trying to turn in. Turn off the lights.
晚安
Good night.
晚安,夫人。
Good night, madame.
听着,狄奥多内…
Listen, Dieudonné…
如果国王给了我… 不,等等。
If the king had given me– No, wait.
如果国王
If the king had–
如果国王给了我巴黎,伟大的城市
If the king had given me Paris, his great city
但是没有我的爱人陪伴
But without my luv with me
我会告诉亨利国王,拿回你的巴黎
I would tell King Henri, take back your Paris
我的爱人对我来说更重要,是的
My luv means far more to me, oh, yes
“My luv”是什么意思?
What does “my luv” mean?
“My luv”就是我的爱。
“My luv” is my love.
“…还有给敏妮阿姨的钱。
“…And the money for Aunt Minni.
“我不会忘记寄去三千法郎的。
“I won’t forget to send you 3,000 francs soon.
“为西塔贝拉的婚礼准备的钱。
“For Citabella’s wedding.
“我在等你的回信……
“I’m expecting a letter from you…
“但正如他们所说,没有消息就是好消息。
“but as they say, no news is good news.
“亲爱的父母,祝你们健康长寿。
“Dear parents, I wish you a long and healthy life.
“上帝保佑。儿子敬上。”
“God bless you. Your devoted son.”
菩提,快点。我们必须回去!
Protée, hurry up. We must get back!
菩提必须回去!
Protée must get back!
必须回去!必须回去!
Must get back! Must get back!
如您所愿,女士。
As you wish, ma’am Gov’nor.
那封信是给谁的?
For whom is that letter?
给我的未婚妻。
For my fiancée.
它是热的。
It’s hot.
你加香料了吗?
Did you spice it?
你吃吧。
Eat.
快来。
Come quickly.
是鬣狗吗?
Is it the hyena?
是的。
Yes.
我想是的。
I think so.
不要动。
Don’t move.
不要害怕。
Don’t be afraid.
菩提!
Protée!
待在这里,我马上回来。
Stay here, I’ll be back.
操!
Shit!
菩提!
Protée!
我来了,夫人。
I’m here, madame.
你去哪儿了?我喊了你一个小时了!
Where have you been? I’ve called you for an hour!
你没听到鬣狗叫吗?过来!
Didn’t you hear the hyena? Come on!
进来!
Come on in!
它应该在这里……
It should be here…
我肯定马克把它放在这里了。
I’m sure Marc keeps it here.
在这里。
Here.
那子弹呢,夫人?
What about the bullets, madame?
你要去哪里?
Where are you going?
我去看看♥房♥♥子周围,夫人。
I’ll check around the house, madame.
不!
No!
不,别离开我们。
No, stay with me.
在这里安顿下来吧。
Settle down here.
那可怕的野兽随时都可能进来。
That awful beast could come in here any time.
现在去睡觉吧。
Go to sleep now.
晚安,夫人。
Good night, madame.
谢谢你,菩提。
Thank you, Protée.
他在说什么?
What’s he saying?
两个月来,狮子一直在攻击兽群。
For two months, lions have been attacking herds.
告诉他我来组织。
Tell him I’ll organize beats.
他说白人做不好这种事
He says white men’s beats are bad.
人必须用刀猎捕
Man must hunt the lion with a knife…