– I don’t know yet. – You’re back.
告诉我
Tell me. Ahem.
嗯 明天…
Uh, tomorrow…
别担心 我会处理好一切
Don’t worry, I’ll take care of everything.
嗯?
Mm?
我们要尽量分开
We’ll try to be as discrete as we can,
麻烦越少越好
causing as little scandal or suffering as possible.
我们最好回南方待几个月
We’d better go back down south for a few months.
安静的地方能让我们好好看看彼此
Somewhere peaceful so we can look at each other.
你只回来睡觉 剩下我来处理就好
You just go back to sleep and leave it all to me.
那好
All right.
谢谢你
Thank you.
不 那就太晚了
No, that’s too late.
没有再早点的吗?
Isn’t there something earlier?
中午或12点30分没有车吗?
Isn’t there one at noon or 12:30?
不行 那太早了
No, that’s too early.
那好吧
All right, then.
两张3点15的票 头等车厢
Two for 3:15, first class.
谢谢
Thank you.
– 吃点东西吗? – 不了 谢谢
– More to eat? – No, thanks.
– 不饿? – 不太饿
– Not hungry? – Not really.
把药吃了
Take your rhubarb pills.
希望你别见怪
I wish you wouldn’t fuss.
我们得谈谈
We need to talk.
我们好好谈谈 可以吗?
Let’s get it over with, shall we?
你回来了
You’ve come back,
这才更重要
that’s the important thing.
我从前怎么会认为你和别人一样呢?
How could I ever have thought you were just like all the others?
我怎么没意识到你就是那个人?
Why didn’t I realize you were the one?
我的唯一
The only one.
真爱只有一次
The love that comes along only once.
现在 咱们都现实点
Now, let’s be practical.
你愿意听我的安排吗?
Are you willing to leave all the arrangements to me?
哦 我们怎样让他们知道?
Oh, how are we going to let them know?
也许一封信就能搞定
A letter is probably the best way.
简单明了
Quite short and to the point, I should think.
我帮你写
I’ll help you write it.
我们离开前需要准备些东西
We need to get some of your things before we leave.
希望你妈妈能支持
I hope your mother will cooperate.
能不能别再拽你的脚趾头
Will you stop pulling at the skin on your toe.
那样容易使脚趾甲长进肉里
That’s the way to get an ingrown toenail.
你还有什么补充吗?
Don’t you have anything to contribute to this discussion?
你就像个12岁的孩子
You’re like a 12-year-old.
和你在一起 Nounoune 我很想这样度过余生
With you, Nounoune, I’m likely to stay that way for the rest of my life.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
就像我说的
What I say.
可以的 对吗? 别否认
It’s true, isn’t it? You can’t deny it.
大多数人都为找到永葆青春的秘密而欣喜
Most people would be pleased to have the secret to eternal youth.
笨蛋 你与生俱来就那么迷人
Its part of your charm, stupid.
不知道你为什么要抱怨这个
I don’t know why you’re complaining to me about it.
我跟你抱怨这个
I’m complaining to you about it
因为我要是像12岁孩子 都是你的错
because if I am like a 12-year-old, it’s your fault.
我的错?
My fault?
哦 可怜的Nounoune
Oh, my poor Nounoune.
我不要你的可怜
I can do without your pity.
我的错是什么意思?
What did you mean, my fault?
抱歉 我不该那么说
I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that.
只不过 对于我 你总是…
It’s just that, for me, you were always…
我总是?
I was always?
你的话听起来好像为我的葬礼念悼词
You sound as if you’re reading the eulogy at my funeral.
你觉得你能在Edmay和我之间来回游走?
You think you can go on drifting back and forth between Edmay and me?
这就是你想的?
Is that what you have in mind?
如果是
Well, if it is,
你得学着释放自己的愧疚感
you’ll have to learn to look a good deal less guilty than that.
除非她比我知道的还蠢
Unless she’s a lot stupider than I take her for.
或许你认为能让你妈妈看着她
Or perhaps you think you can get your mother to keep her under lock and key
你好做自己想做的事
while you wander around doing what you feel like.
她不可能永远守在那 明白吗?
She’s not gonna put up with it forever, you know?
别忘了 她可是Marie Laure的女儿
Don’t forget, she’s Marie Laure’s daughter.
毒汁早晚会渗出来
The poison’s bound to come out somehow or another.
– 她或许是个… – 别说了 Nounoune
– She may be a… – Stop it, Nounoune.
不要毁了你在我心中的形象
I can’t allow you to ruin my idea of you.
什么?
What?
那样讲话 就好像是我妈!
Talking like that, you sound like my mother!
我结婚前 你对我说:
Before I got married, you said to me:
“对她好点 尽量别让她受苦”
“Be kind to her, try not to let her suffer.”
那才是你 你是个好人
That’s what you’re like. You’re a good person.
即使昨晚你还说 希望没做太残忍♥的事
Even last night you said you hoped I hadn’t done something cruel.
你超越了一切!
You’re above all that!
Nounoune
Nounoune.
这就是为什么我始终爱着你
That’s why I’ve always loved you.
你为什么回来?
Why did you come back?
– 我正要重新开始… – 好吧 我不想
– I was just starting… – Well, I wasn’t.
我也不想
Neither was I.
我回来
I came back
因为没有你我过不下去
because I couldn’t go on without you.
你想象不到过去的几周我如何在煎熬
You have no idea what my life’s been like these past few weeks.
现在我明白了 所遭受的痛苦都源于一个女人
Now I know what it is to suffer because of a woman.
当我发现你回来时 我多如释重负
When I found out you were back, I was so relieved.
我觉得我可以回家了
I thought I could go home.
一切都会好起来
Everything would be all right.
但我所想的就是…
But all I could think about was…
所以昨天 我回来了…
And then last night, I came back here and…
你回到这并且…
You came back here and…
发现了个老女人
You found an old woman.
是的 是个老女人
Yes, you found an old woman.
别哭 你哭什么?
Don’t cry. Why are you crying?
我太感激你了
I’m so grateful to you.
你真的爱上我了吗?
Were you really in love with me?
真的觉得我是个好人吗?
Did you really think I was such a good person?
如果我不是个好人 我能有你这样的男人
If I had been a truly good person, I’d have made a man of you
简直万幸了
instead of thinking of nothing but your pleasure and my happiness.
我不能留下全部的你
I wouldn’t have kept you all to myself.
看着我
Look at me.
你说的对
You’re right.
你所缺少的品质 是我的错
The qualities you lack, I expect it is my fault.
但30年的闲适生活使你很脆弱
But 30 years of easy living does make you very vulnerable.
所以 我从未和你谈论未来
So no, I never did talk to you about the future.
原谅我
Forgive me.
我会爱你到死
I loved you as if we were going to die the same day.
你在我心里已经进驻了好久
I carried you in my heart for such a long time.
我忘记了你还得回去肩负自己的重任
I forgot you were going to have to carry your own burdens.
年轻的妻子
A young wife.
或许还有孩子
Perhaps even a child.
所以
And so
你要去受苦
you’re going to suffer.
你会想我的
You’re going to miss me.
你还要用智慧和宽容
And you’re going to have to try to find enough wisdom and tolerance
尝试不给他人造成伤害
not to cause suffering to others.
事实是
The thing is,
你已经尝过青春的味道了
now you’ve had a taste of youth.
所以永不满足 但你总会后悔
It’s never satisfying, but you’ll always want to go back for more.
你必须得走
You must go.
我爱你
I love you.
但太晚了
But it’s too late.
穿好衣服
So get dressed.
马上走吧
And go away now.
Cheri感觉被天翻地覆了
Cheri felt capsized,
就好像遇到了不可逆转的灾难
as if he’d been present at some irreversible catastrophe.
的确 比任何人预料的时间都长
And, indeed, far sooner than he or anyone else could have predicted,
这里被战争所席卷

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!