Lea 还记得我女儿Edmee么
Lea, I don’t know if you remember my daughter, Edmee.
当然记得
Of course, I do.
– 毕业了么? – 当然
– Have you left school? – Well, of course she has.
19岁的青春年华怎能在学校里蹉跎?
What would a lovely girl of 19 want with school?
– 18岁 – 18岁
– Eighteen. – Eighteen.
18岁 我就是这个意思
Eighteen. That’s what I meant.
Marie Laure你是我认识的女人里
Marie Laure, you’re one of the only women I know
– 唯一配得起这个颜色的了 – 哈 哈
– who could carry off that color. – Ha, ha.
– 好了 我们要走了 – 不不 还早呢
– Well, I think it’s time we were going. – Surely not. It’s still early.
这孩子还不知道怎么跟人相处
No, well, the child is not very used to company.
她的生活太寂寞了
Only because she’s had to lead such a solitary life.
星期四一起吃顿饭怎么样
Why don’t you all come to lunch on Thursday.
– 我没问题 – 我得看看
– I can do that. – I’ll have to check.
– 说再见 Edmee – 让Cheri领你们出去
– Say goodbye, Edmee. – Cheri will show you out.
快起来 懒骨头
On your feet, lazybones.
再见
Lovely to see you.
男才女貌 绝配啊
Delightful pair. Delightful.
Marie Laure看起来还是那么惊艳
Marie Laure certainly looks magnificent.
没错 她年轻的时候非常漂亮
Yes, she was very beautiful in her day.
那么俗气的紫色只有她穿得出味道
And she can carry off that awful color of puce.
Edmee真的可能是18岁
I suppose she’s right about Edmee being 18.
没错 她是Khalil Bey 送她巨型粉钻的那年
Yes, she had her the year after she got that enormous pink diamond
怀上她的又把人家甩了
out of Khalil Bey and left him flat.
我们不是猜那个音乐老师是生父么?
We always thought that singing teacher must be the father, didn’t we?
一起散散步怎么样?
Shall we take a turn around the grounds?
我得跟你谈谈Cheri
I need to have a word with you about Cheri.
– 猜到了 – 哈哈
– I thought as much. – Ha, ha.
你知道的 我从来没有妨碍过你
As you know, I’ve never stood in your way.
相反的是 我待你不薄
On the contrary, I’ve always been grateful to you.
– 因此为他 我应该付出足够的代价 – 哈哈
– So I should hope. He’s cost me enough. – Ha-ha-ha.
你了解我的 我已经很知足了
You know me. I’m very content with my lot.
我要风得风要雨得雨
I have everything I need.
既然我们俩得来这些都不费工夫
Not that we haven’t worked hard for it, both of us.
– 你明白我的意思吧 – 嗯
– You know what I’m saying. – Mm.
但是最近…
But lately…
– 怎么? – 我一直在想这一生
– Yes? – I’ve been thinking about what’s missing
有没有什么缺憾
from my life.
哦 别说爱情 不是吧?
Oh, not love, surely?
你不是总庆幸你逃过了情劫
You’re always saying how happy you are to be rid of it.
哦 天呐 没错
Ah, ha, goodness, yes.
但我要说的不是这个
No, I mean something altogether different.
是外孙
Grandchildren.
外孙?
Grandchildren?
我正在为Cheri筹备婚礼
I’m arranging a marriage for Cheri.
– 你跟他说了么? – 当然说了
– Has he been told? – Of course, he has.
– 他没跟你说吗? – 没
– Hasn’t he said anything to you? – No.
哈 哈 哦 他真是坏小子
Ha, ha, oh, what a dreadful boy he is.
当然 这事也不急着办
I mean, of course, it’s not as if there’s any rush.
你是说 这事还没那么快能成?
Oh, you mean, it’s not happening right away?
上帝保佑 没错
Oh, good heavens, no.
下月底办
End of next month.
哈 你已经跟Marie Laure串通好了
Ah. You’ve made a deal with Marie Laure.
可没那么简单
It wasn’t easy.
她很难搞定 真的很难搞定
She’s hard as nails, that one. Hard as nails.
她想要独♥立♥的银行账户
She wanted separate bank accounts.
– 难以想象吧? – 你搞得定
– Can you imagine? – Easily.
总之 现在万事俱备只欠东风了
Anyway, it’s all arranged now.
大好人生正等着他们
What a wonderful life they’re going to have.
– 年青 美丽 财富 – 哈哈哈
– Youth, beauty, money. – Ha-ha-ha.
什么那么好笑?
What’s so funny?
你把Edmee丢给Cheri好比羊入虎口
You’re throwing Edmee to Cheri like a Christian to the lions,
你觉得她会有好日子过么?
and you think she’s going to have a wonderful life?
呃…? 你什么意思? 他那么善良 贴心…
Wh…? What do you mean? He’s the kindest, sweetest…
– 你对他了解多少? – 我是他母亲
– What do you know about him? – I’m his mother.
从什么时候开始?
Since when?
很抱歉 Lea
I’m sorry, Lea.
太抱歉了 我太蠢了
I’m sorry. How very clumsy of me.
– 我让你难过了 – 完全没的事
– I’ve upset you. – Not in the least.
– 好吧 我知道对你是个打击 – 不 Charlotte 我没事
– Well, naturally, it’s come as a shock. – No, Charlotte, not at all.
我一直盼着这一天 等了好几年了
I’ve been expecting it. I’ve been expecting it for years.
我盼着你把他从我这儿带走
I’ve been expecting you to come and take him away,
交给别的放荡♥女♥人
and hand him over to some other loose woman.
哦 Lea 话别说得太难听
Oh, Lea, that’s a very ugly expression.
我可没这么觉得
I don’t think so.
你没必要担心什么Charlotte
You have nothing to worry about, Charlotte.
我会将他完璧归赵的
You’re getting him back in very good condition.
我让他远离了鸦♥片♥ 可♥卡♥因♥
I’ve kept him away from opium, and cocaine
廉价烈酒
and the cheaper sort of drink.
他是我们的骄傲
I believe you’ll find he’s a credit to both of us.
我确定
I’m sure.
但那个小女孩驾驭不了他
It doesn’t mean that little girl is going to be able to handle him.
– 年青人自有他们的一套 – 或许你是对的
– Young women have their methods. – You may be right.
– 我可不记得了 – 哈
– I can’t say I remember. – Ha.
你一直很担心 不是么 Charlotte?
You were worried, weren’t you, Charlotte?
承认吧
Admit it.
你担心我会榨干♥你♥
You were afraid I was going to bleed all over you.
我只担心一件事
I was only afraid of one thing.
– 这件事也许会让你不好受 – 哈哈哈
– That I might cause you suffering. – Ha-ha-ha.
就这样 嘲笑我吧
Oh, that’s right. Laugh at me.
嘲笑我过时的浪漫
Laugh at me and call me an old romantic.
我只想他们年青人幸福
All I want is to see the young people happy.
哦 你这该死的多愁善感
Oh, you always were disgustingly sentimental.
别这样
Oh, come here. Oh.
你好香啊
You smell so good.
你不觉得
Don’t you find,
皮肤松弛一点后 香水的味道停留的更久了么?
now the skin’s a little less firm, it holds perfume so much better?
至少你也该亲自告诉我吧
The least you could have done was tell me yourself.
她要告诉你的
She wanted to tell you.
她觉得她来说更好
She thought it would come better from her.
你和你妈妈已经秘密谋划好几个月了
You and your mother have been cooking this up for months.
– 你干嘛对我那么凶? – 因为你是个懦夫
– Why are you giving me a hard time? – Because you’re a coward.
她值多少钱?
How much is she worth?
150万
A million and a half.
– 她爸爸出的? – 我怎么知道?
– From her father? – How should I know?
关于她父亲 她知道的不比我多
She doesn’t know who her father is any more than I do.
我只知道 她值150万
All I know is, she’s worth a million an a half.
– 那你呢? – 我远不值这么点
– And you? – Oh, I’m worth far more than that.
所以你赚了
So you’ll have more than enough.
赚了?
More than enough?
我们对金钱的理解不一样 Nounoune
You and I don’t think about money the same way, Nounoune.
你觉得你在我这儿白吃白喝的 省了多少钱了?
How much do you think you’ve saved while I’ve been paying for everything?
一年省个5万? 6万?
Fifty thousand a year? Sixty?
再乘以个6
Multiplied by six.
我不值这个价么?
Haven’t I been worth it?
不管怎么说 她长得漂亮
Anyway, she certainly is very pretty.
看起来还很聪明
She seems quite bright.
你对她印象如何?
What’s your impression?
我不知道
I have no idea.
反正迟早会知道的
I expect I’ll find out sooner or later.
她觉得你怎么样?
How does she feel about you?
她挺欣赏我的
She admires me.
对我爱意无限
Loves me as far as I can tell.
– 她也没说什么 – 嗯
– She doesn’t say much. – Mm.
– 你呢? – 我什么也没说
– What about you? – I didn’t say anything.
明白了 只是场爱情竞赛
I see, it’s a real love match.
我们为什么要谈她? 我担心的是你
Why do we have to talk about her? You’re the one I’m worried about.
我? 为什么?
Me? Why?
– 你打算怎么办? – 我能怎么办?
– What are you going to do? – What am I going to do?
什么 你是说 我现在该怎么办?
What, do you mean, what am I going to do now?
你真美
You’re so beautiful.