Where the fuck did you get these juicy-ass tomatoes?
-里瓦来了 -明白了 那就
-Riva’s here. -OK, you got it? Let’s get…
里瓦他妈的来干嘛
What the hell’s Riva doing here?
我不知道 他正往后厨走过来
I don’t know. He was on his way back here.
我给他泡了意式咖啡 帮你争取了五分钟
I got him espresso, bought you maybe five minutes of time.
你应该去外面大厅见他
You should meet him out on the floor.
拖住他五分钟 让我对厨师们交代清楚 拜托了
Stall him for five minutes. Let me get the staff going. Please.
行 不过提防着他会来后边
OK. Fine. Expect him to come back here.
好的 谢谢了
Yeah, thank you.
你要怎么拦着那疯子不来后面呀
How you gonna keep that psychopath from coming back here?
-你得想个计划 -你要我腌了这些吗
-You gotta have a plan. -You want me to pickle these?
腌了这些 我要你把这些都
Yeah, pickle these. I want you to pickle…
-凯尔在里面吗 -在
-Is Carl in there? -Yeah.
凯尔
Hey, Carl!
凯尔
Carl.
你 你是准备要更换菜单吗
Are you, uh… are you planning on altering the menu?
是的 我现在没法跟你说 拜托 就
Yeah, I can’t do this right now. Please, just…
-今天许多事都事关重大 -我知道
-You know a lot is on the line today. -I know.
所以菜单才必须修改完美
That’s why the menu has to be perfect.
-可我能帮你安排 -我现在没空和你说
-But I can help you plan it. -I can’t do this right now.
就给我五分钟交代员工 然后我就和你过一遍菜单
Give me five minutes with my staff, I’ll walk you through the menu.
我以前也做过 我可以指导你
I’ve done this before. I can help guide you.
我现在不需要指导 我需要空间
I don’t need guidance right now. I need space.
好吗
OK?
谢谢
Thank you.
伙计们 能让我们单独待着吗
Could we have a little privacy, uh, guys?
我让你离开 你居然去看凯尔
I ask you to leave, you gotta look at Carl?
好了各位 休息五分钟
OK, everybody, tomen cinco. Take five.
-你没问题吧 -我没事 走 走 走
-You good? -I got it. Go, go, go.
喝杯咖啡
Grab a coffee.
-我们先说明白了 -行啊
-Let’s get something straight. -Yeah.
你该死的别这么对我员工说话 我员工听我命令
You don’t fucking talk to my staff like that. I talk to my staff.
桌子那边是你的地盘 桌子这边是我的
That side of the pass is you, this side is me.
你雇我的时候就是这么安排的
That was the arrangement when you hired me.
好 现在能听我说话吗
OK, now will you listen to me for a minute?
凯尔 我也有想法 有时候我的想法也很有用
Carl, I get ideas. Sometimes my ideas work.
我不管杂♥志♥说什么你是厨师界的新星
I really don’t care what magazine said that you’re the next big thing.
事实是 你在我的餐厅 为我工作 好吗
The fact is, you work for me, in my restaurant, right?
在你之前我也聘请过厨师长
I’ve had chefs before you in this kitchen.
在你之后我也能聘到厨师长 明白吗
I’ll have chefs after you. OK?
行 说得很棒
Alright, good talk.
-让我继续工作吧 -你知道今晚谁会来
-Let me get back to work. -You know who’s coming tonight.
我们会接受全市最著名的食评家的点评
We’re being reviewed by the most important critic in the city.
是的 我知道
Yes. I’m aware.
他的网上博客在美国在线上卖♥♥了
His online blog was sold to AOL…
-一千万美元 -没错
-For $10 million. -That’s right.
-你都知道 -是的 我知道
-You knew that? -Yes, I know.
-好吧 -他是个重要人物
-OK. -He’s a big deal.
-所以我才想准备一份好菜单 -你想准备一份好菜单
-That’s why I wanna cook a good menu. -You wanna cook a good menu?
-我想为他做些美食 -好的 那么
-I wanna cook him some good food. -Yeah. Well, then…
而这家饭店正陷在创造力之辙里
And our place is in a fucking creative rut.
-车辙里 -创造力之辙
-In a rut? -In a creative rut.
你知道我们开得比周围的餐厅都好吧
You do know we’re doing better than any place in the neighbourhood?
我说的不是赚多少钱
I’m not talking about how much money we’re making,
我说的是创造力 是我们提供的食物
I’m talking about creatively… the food that we’re serving.
过去五年里我们的菜单一成不变
We’ve served the same food for five years.
还记得你大胆创新时发生了什么吗
Remember what happened when you put guts on the menu?
你是在说我的内脏大餐吗 你是这个意思吗
Are you talking about my sweetbreads? Is that what you mean?
没错 当你把那艺术品一样的鬼东西放进菜单时
Yeah. When you put that artsy shit on the menu,
人们不喜欢
people don’t like it.
没人点你的内脏大餐
Not one person ordered your sweetbreads.
听我说
Please listen to me.
我投资了一大笔钱给你改造了法式灶台
I sank a fortune into the remodel to get you the French cooking top,
管它是什么 就那灶台
whatever it is, that tabletop.
-法式烹饪套台 -没错
-French cooking suite. -Right.
不是每个主厨都有那东西的 知道为什么你有吗
Not every chef gets that. You know why you get it?
-我很感激 -你知道为什么吗
-I appreciate it. -Do you know why?
因为你值得
Because you deserve it.
瞧 你不知道 但我知道
See, you don’t know that. But I know it.
你值得投资
You deserve it.
所以今晚放聪明些
So be smart just for tonight.
听着 要是你买♥♥了滚石的票
Look, if you bought Stones tickets
迈克尔·贾格尔: 滚石乐队主唱 “满足”为乐队成名曲
结果迈克尔·贾格尔竟然不唱”满足” 你什么感觉
and Jagger didn’t play ‘Satisfaction’, how would you feel?
你会高兴吗
Would you be happy?
-不会 -对 不会
-No. -No!
你♥他♥妈♥会想一把火烧了那地方
You’d burn the place to the fucking ground.
你的菜单没问题
Your menu works.
大家喜欢它
People love it.
凯尔 做你想做的 好吗 你是厨师长
Carl, do what you want tonight. OK? You’re the chef.
你知道我怎么想吗
You know what I think?
你就该上你的成名菜
I think you should play your hits.
好了 开动 上班了伙计们
Alright, let’s go. Pre-shift, guys.
今晚很重要
Big night tonight.
这是我们要做的
Here’s what we’re doing.
我们将采用最受欢迎的菜式
We’re gonna go with the favourites.
顺序是鱼子酱酿鸡蛋
Starting with the caviar egg…
扇贝 法式洋葱汤
scallop, French onion soup…
凉拌苦菊
frisée salad…
龙虾烩饭
lobster risotto…
菲力牛扒
filet.
最后用人人喜欢的甜品隆重收场
And we’re gonna finish strong with a crowd pleaser,
巧克力熔岩蛋糕
chocolate lava cake.
让茉莉准备配餐葡萄酒
Talk to Molly about wine pairings.
他来的时候告诉我 放松点儿
Let me know when he gets here. And let’s have fun.
用心去做 伙计们 今晚大日子 好好玩儿
Put your heart in it, people, big night. Let’s have some fun.
来吧 来吧
Good, good.
我厌倦了孤独
I’m so tired of being alone
厌倦了独自一人
I’m so tired of on-my-own
能不能帮帮我 姑娘 用你最快的脚步
Won’t you help me, girl, just as soon as you can?
人们说我找到了
People say that I’ve found a way
让你说爱我的方法
To make you say that you love me
宝贝 你无须刻意努力
Hey, baby, you didn’t go for that
这只是自然之律
It’s a natural fact
我想要回到这里
That I wanna come back
告诉我你在哪里
Show me where it’s at
宝贝呀
Baby, yeah
我厌倦了孤独 厌倦了
I’m so tired of being alone I’m so tired…
老爸
Dad.
老爸
Dad.
老爸 快点 我们走了
Dad! Come on. Let’s go.
瞧 来了 来了 来了 来了 评论来了
Look! It’s up, it’s up. It’s up, it’s up. The review’s up.
敬评论 干了
To the review. Here we go.
-敬你 宝贝 敬你 -干了
-To you, baby, to you. -Here we go.
-我的厨房♥英雄 -敬我们团队
-My culinary hero. -To the team.
加卢斯 食客口腹的迎合之道
“Gauloises -eager to please.”
10年前 我有幸品尝了卡斯帕厨师长
“10 years ago, I had the good fortune to dine
在迈阿密的创意小餐馆 髓骨的菜品
at Chef Casper’s revelatory Miami bistro, Marrow.”
-迈阿密万岁 -髓骨耶 宝贝儿
-Miami in the house! -Marrow, baby!
那是你的餐馆
That’s your house!
这种大胆创意的新鲜烹饪态度
“The sheer audacity of this fresh, brave voice of the culinary scene
让我想到了自己视食评为使命的原因
reminded me why I write about food as a vocation.”
都让我有压力了
That’s a lot of pressure.
当我在布伦特伍德新改建完的餐馆 加卢斯入座时
“It is nearly impossible to separate my glowing regard for Chef Casper
我几乎无法将自己对餐馆的期待
and how much he inspired me from my expectations as I sat down to dine
和对卡斯帕厨师长启发我的深深敬意分开
at the recently remodelled Brentwood Gallic staple, Gauloises.”
-太好了 -真是今非昔比了
-Yeah, this is good! -“Oh, how times have changed.
过去的十年间 凯尔·卡斯帕不知怎的让自己
Over the last decade, Carl Casper has somehow managed to transform himself
从一名易怒的迈阿密厨师
from the edgiest chef in Miami
变成了每次你去看她时 都给你五美元的阿姨
to the needy aunt that gives you $5 every time you see her
渴望你能喜欢她
in hopes that you will like her,