从孩提时代起 杰伊
Ever since we were little kids, Jay,
在我内心深处 我就知道
I’ve just had this feeling deep down inside
你就是那个
that you’re the one
会和我相携终生的人
and I’m gonna spend the rest of my life with you.
怎么
What?
怎么了
What’s wrong?
请注意 已发布极高海浪警告
Be advised, there is an extremely high surf advisory in effect.
浮标显示浪高于18秒内达32英尺
Buoys reporting 32 feet at 18 seconds.
弗洛斯蒂 我听到了 32英尺18秒
Hey, Frosty, I just heard, 32 at 18.
好的
Okay.
好 我叫上金
Okay, I’ll call Kim.
你真的不去吗
Are you sure you don’t wanna come?
我只要你能安全回家就行了
I just want you to come home.
东西都带齐了吗
You sure you got everything?
带齐了
Yeah.
很好
All right, then.
因为今天会有很多年轻气盛的小伙
Because of that there’ll be a lot of cowboys
想在那儿证明自己的实力
out there today trying to prove themselves.
有些人会受伤
Some of them are gonna get hurt.
所以你要和他们保持距离 集中注意力
So keep your distance and keep your focus, all right?
这海浪的方向太偏西了
So a swell with this much west means
等会一定会转向
sets will be shifting.
你最好准备好
So you better be prepared.
靠边 靠边停一下
Pull over. Pull over.
-给你穿暖和点 -好
– Let’s keep you warm, okay? – Okay.
好了
All right.
你们先走 我等会来
I’ll catch up with you.
海岸看着挺吓人的
Coast looks pretty scary.
从没见过这么大的浪
Never seen it this big before.
我最近想了很多
I’ve been thinking about a lot of things lately.
是你教会我冲浪的
You taught me to surf.
我都没谢过你
I never thanked you for that.
我会看着你的 兄弟
I’ll be watching you, man.
时光荏苒啊 兄弟
End of an innocence, my brother.
感觉怎么样 孩子
How you feeling, kid?
准备好了吗
You ready?
穿好泳衣 我们一起划过去
Suit up. We’ll paddle out together.
你不去吗 弗罗斯特
What about you, Frost?
我很久之前许过一个承诺 大佬
I made a promise a long time ago, chief.
那可不是”小男孩”啊 伙计们
That isn’t El Niño, boys.
简直就是海浪头子嘛
That’s El Jefe right there.
开玩笑吧
You gotta be kidding me.
这浪对这孩子来说太大了
It’s too big for the kid.
杰伊 你确定要去吗
Jay, are you sure about this?
非常 非常确定吗
I mean, really, really sure?
我觉得你不该去
Because I’m not.
我确定
I am.
我知道你想说什么 所以别说了
I know what you’re gonna say, so don’t.
这可不是我们之前说好的
That wasn’t the deal.
记得吗
Remember?
不问问题 不讨价还价
No questions, no arguing.
有些话一直想告诉你
I just wanted to tell you something I should’ve told you long ago.
那些其实都不重要
Which is, it doesn’t matter.
不论你选择放弃还是迎难而上
Whether you decide to paddle out or take that drop,
我都一直爱着你
I love you no matter what.
弗罗斯特
Frost.
走吧
Come on.
再靠近点
Hey, get us closer!
再近点
Closer!
大干一场吧
Let’s do it!
开始吧
Whoo! Go time!
快离开这 海浪改变方向了
Get out of here! Sets are shifting!
散开 有大浪来了
Swing wide! Outside!
孩子 快划 快划 快划
Kid, paddle, paddle, paddle!
快 快 快
Go, go, go!
快把船开走
Get your boats out of here now!
快 杰伊 离开这
Go, Jay, get out!
划 快划 快划
Paddle, paddle, paddle!
有人会死在那海浪下的
Somebody’s gonna die out there.
只要他还能抓住绳子往上爬就没事
He’ll be okay, as long as he can still climb up the leash.
加油啊 杰伊
Come on, Jay.
赶快啊 杰伊
Come on, Jay.
他在那
There he is!
抓住我的手
Grab ahold!
不 把我的冲浪板给我
No, no, no! Give me my board!
照他说的做
You heard him!
谢了
Thanks.
等下 他要干什么
Wait a minute. What’s he doing?
他是来驾驭马弗瑞克斯的
He came to surf Mavericks.
放好 伙计 帮我放好
Set it up, man. Set it up.
-帮我拿上去 -拿到了
– Take it. – I got it.
谢了
Thanks.
等下 等下
Hold on, hold on.
-抓稳了吗 -是的
– Got it? – Yeah.
伙计 你大可不必去冲这个浪
Come on, man, you don’t have to surf it.
大老远来了 至少要去体验一下吧
Came this far, you at least need to feel it.
不了
No.
我觉得今天我体验够了
Think I’ve felt enough for one day.
征服它吧
Kill it.
亲爱的弗洛斯蒂
Dear Frosty.
我的确是在害怕
Truth is that I am afraid.
我害怕再也见不到我父亲
I’m afraid I’ll never see my dad again,
害怕我母亲再也得不到幸福
and that my mom will never find happiness.
我害怕失去金
I’m afraid of losing Kim,
因为她是我一生的挚爱
because she’s the love of my life.
当然 我也害怕失去你
And, of course, I’m afraid of losing you.
我不知道你心中对父亲是如何定义的
I’m not sure what you think fathers are supposed to be,
但我现在知道什么是真正的父亲了
but now I know what they should be.
你没事真是太好了 孩子
Glad to see you made it, kid.
我最后还是读了我父亲的信
I finally read my dad’s letter,
就像我上次交给你的文章一样
which was like my last essay to you.
只是在白纸上堆砌毫无意义的文字
Just a bunch of words on a page.
这个浪交给你了 伙计
This one’s all you, charger.
也许听着很奇怪
I know this sounds strange,
但我总觉得
but I’ve always felt like
我时日无多了
I wouldn’t be around for very long,
所以我才要放手一搏
which is why I want to take that drop.
因为每当我向海中俯视
Because once I look down over the edge
我就很清楚 我会成为海浪的一部分
and I catch it, I’ll become a part of it.
在那一刻我才体会到活着的感觉
And in that moment, I’ll know that I’m alive.
杰伊在那天出了名
Jay became famous that day,
不是因为驾驭的了巨浪
not for riding giants,
而是因为他敢于挑战不可能之事的勇气
but for the courage of a boy who dared the impossible.
后来几年间 他在冲浪界所向披靡
Over the years, he rose to the peak of the surfing world,
他对冲浪的热爱磨练了他的技艺
his prowess matched only by his joy.
他是体育界真正的冲浪王子
The true prince amidst a sport of kings.
他娶了他的发小并发誓爱她终身
He married his childhood sweetheart and swore himself true.
至于最后的结局
As for the rest,
我只能说 过于挑战自己的极限
all I will say is, the ones who push the limits discover,
有时会产生副作用
the limits sometimes push back.
在杰伊完成那次伟大冲浪的七年后
在Maldives潜水时溺水身亡
享年22岁
致杰伊
To Jay!
致杰伊
To Jay!
致杰伊
To Jay!
海洋孕育了我们
We all come from the sea,
但并非所有人都为海而生
but we’re not all of the sea.
我们中那些海浪之子
Those of us who are, we children of the tides
必须不断地回归海洋
must return to it again and again,
直到某天再也无力返航
until the day we don’t come back,
只留下曾经踏过的朵朵浪花

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!