It goes, first sauce, then cheese, then toppings.
这又不是造火箭
It’s not rocket science.
你还好吗 怎么心不在焉的
You all right? You haven’t been here since you got here, man.
有没有什么事让你赖以生存至今
You ever see and you think like, it’s the reason you were put here?
仿佛为它而生一般
I mean, like, on this earth?
当然有 伙计
Sure, man.
每次我看《海岸救生队》的时候
Every time I turn on Baywatch.
著名美剧
好了 继续干活吧 欢乐披萨 欢迎光临
Right, keep it moving. Pleasure Pizza. Okay.
布朗迪 我出去下
Hey, Blond, I’ll be right back.
稍等 稍等
Hold on, hold on.
伙计 你要去哪儿
Hey, dude, where are you going now?
-一会儿就回来 -我会累死的
– I’ll be right back. – You’re killing me here!
-先生 -这样吧
– Hi, sir. – Okay, here’s the deal.
我只会教你一件事
I’m gonna train you for one thing and for one thing only:
就是如何在巨浪中求生 知道为什么吗
To survive that wave. All right? You want to know why?
因为我良心上过不去 仅此而已
Because I don’t want it on my conscience. That’s it.
不许问问题 不许讨价还价
No questions, no arguing, end of story.
我教你应该掌握的技能 仅此而已
I teach you what you need to know, and it’s over.
明白了吗
You got it?
明白了
Got it.
没人知道那个冲浪点
Now, the reason no one knows about this wave
是因为那些大浪都从西北方向涌来
is because it only happens on big northwest swells.
这些海浪只会存在12周
And the window for those swells closes in 12 weeks.
所以你也只有12个星期的时间
So you got 12 weeks.
明早六点半到我家小屋找我
Meet me in my shed tomorrow morning, 6:30 a.m.
多一分钟也不行
not 6:31 or 6:32.
太好了 太好了
Yes! Yes! Yes!
别拿那个了 今天不冲浪
Don’t bother with that. We’re not surfing.
今天用桨叶式冲浪板
Paddleboards.
好了
All right.
开始之前 我们要先确定几件事
A few things we need to establish before we begin.
首先
First…
别撞弗洛斯蒂的冲浪板 也别磕邻居的车
thou shalt not ding Frosty’s board or damage thy neighbor’s car.
好的 对不起 先生
Yes, sir. Sorry, sir.
其次 这个小计划
Second, this little, uh, program,
目的在于建立
is all about building what I like to call
人类坚实基础的四大支柱 明白吗
the four pillars of a solid human foundation. Understand?
-明白 先生 -怎么可能
– Yes, sir. – How could you?
我还没告诉你它们是什么呢
I haven’t even told you what they are.
平稳节奏
Steady rhythm.
滑行推进
Drive and glide.
人类坚实基础的四大支柱
The four pillars of the human foundation
就是体能 意志 情绪 精神
are the physical, the mental, the emotional and the spiritual.
我承认这层面的确有点抽象
Though I admit to being a little bit wobbly in that department.
我没听太懂 先生
I’m not sure I understand, sir.
你知道什么叫命题吗
You know what a thesis is?
-一个观点 -对
– Uh, an idea. – Exactly.
阐明事物的观点
An idea which attempts to explain something.
通过展开叙述从而印证或反驳
Lays it out to be proved or disproved.
我们的命题是
So here’s our thesis:
从圣克鲁斯到蒙特利
It’s 36 miles across the bay
需要穿越一个36英里的海湾
from Santa Cruz to Monterey.
你能划到那么远之日
The day that you can paddle that far,
便是你能挑战马弗瑞克斯之时
will be the day you’re ready to surf Mavericks.
可不是一日之功
Not a moment sooner.
弗洛斯蒂 这不可能
Frosty, that’s impossible.
少见多怪
Oh, more so than you know.
所以体能指的就是
So the physical will represent
划行所需的身体力量
the sheer strength needed to make the paddle.
从今天起这是你每日的必修课
So you’re gonna be doing this from now on, every day.
持续12周
12 weeks.
而意志将取决于你做的研究
And the mental will be tied to your own research.
潮汐和浪涌的计算
The calculation of the tides and swells,
当然 还包括驾驭它们的能力
and, of course, your ability to navigate them all.
蒙特利跟马弗瑞克斯杠上了
So, Monterey equals Mavericks.
一言为定
Deal?
-一言为定 -很好
– Deal. – Good.
我只需你母亲签一份
All I need is for your mom to sign me a permission slip
风险自担的免责协议书即可
accepting responsibility for anything that’s gonna happen along the way.
弗洛斯蒂
Frosty.
弗洛斯蒂 如果她不同意签呢
Hey, Frosty, what if she doesn’t sign it?
深呼吸 平稳节奏 滑行推进
Deep breaths, steady rhythm. Drive and glide.
苏菲 你好吗 狗狗
Hey, Sophie. What’s up, girl?
来这 苏菲
Come here, Sophie.
苏菲 你在这干嘛
Sophie. What are you… What are you doing here?
我爸妈都已经睡了
My parents are asleep.
你能用我妈的签名帮我签一份许可协议吗
Can you sign me a permission slip with my mom’s signature on it?
我的字太丑了
My handwriting blows.
什么许可协议
Heh. A permission slip? For what?
好吧 我没告诉过任何人呢
Okay, I haven’t told this to anyone,
你得帮我保密
so you have to promise to keep it a secret.
好吧 我答应你
Okay, promise.
是马弗瑞克斯 它真的存在
It’s Mavericks. I mean, it’s real.
也许是世界上最大的海浪
Maybe the biggest wave in the world.
我亲眼所见 就在岸边
I’ve seen it with my own eyes, it’s right up the coast.
弗洛斯蒂要教我冲那个浪
Frosty’s gonna train me to surf it.
马弗瑞克斯 谁信啊
Mavericks? No one believes that.
我发誓 你前所未见
I swear, it’s like nothing you’ve ever seen before.
如果要经我妈允许的话
And if I ask my mom for permission,
只是让她有机会以妈妈的口吻教育我
It’ll just give her an excuse to act like my mom for once
而且她可能不会同意
and she’ll probably say no.
你真漂亮
You look great.
谢谢
Thanks.
这事本应在学校说的
I would’ve asked you at school,
但你不喜欢被人看到和低年级生在一块
but I know you don’t like being seen in public with younger men, so…
布朗迪
Hey, Blondie.
天气收音机 89美元
好的 伙计们
All right, fellas.
来吧 比比谁先到滑板池
Come on, race you to the pool.
你得把他们分开
You gotta keep’em separated
逊毙了
Yeah! Sick!
看我的
Get some!
伙计 起来
Yeah, man, get up.
联谊会今晚开派对 去不
Hollybra’s having a party tonight. You clowns going?
好的 听起来不错 杰伊 你呢
Yeah, sounds good to me. Jay?
不了 我功课没做完 还有事情要忙
No, I got school and stuff.
老兄
Dude.
我们都有功课啊 老兄 这不是借口
We all got school, dude. That’s no excuse.
每次都这么说 其实他这周都没来上课
Heard that. Haven’t been to class all week.
他还在想自己为何要重读高二呢
Yeah. The dude actually wonders why he’s a second-year sophomore!
你要忙什么
So what kind of stuff you got going?
做点有意义的事儿罢了
Just trying to make sense of everything.
这可才是高中啊 老兄
We’re in high school, dude.
哥们 你轻视我
Man you disrespecting me
把他带走
Take him out
弗洛斯蒂
Hey, Frosty.
才3点40分
It’s 20 to 4.
你让我四点到这儿
You told me to be here at 4.
的确
Exactly.
准备出发了吗
So, we ready to go?
你觉得呢
Does it look like it?
弄干净那车道之后就出发
Tell you what, we’ll be ready when you clean up that driveway.
这就是你早到20分钟的功课
That’s what you get for being 20 minutes early.
深呼吸
Deep breaths.
肺部要充分舒展
You got to stretch out those lungs.
马弗瑞克斯那样的巨浪会淹没你数分钟
A wave like Mavericks will hold you down for minutes at a time
且把你拍成肉酱
while it pounds you to a pulp.
如果平时你不能
If you can’t hold your breath
闭气至少4分钟
for at least four minutes under normal circumstances,
那你就别想着活着划出来了
then you may as well not even paddle out.
多久了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!