This is a global massive event.
有非常多地方正在发生白化现象
There are a large number of places that are experiencing bleaching right now.
所以我们需要帮助
And that’s why we need help.
我们正在找能够接触当地珊瑚礁的人
We’re looking for people who have access to a local reef
帮我们拍摄你们自家后院的情况
to help photograph what’s happening in your own backyard.
如果你是潜水员,请加入我们的行列 跟我们联络…
If you are a diver, please, join our effort and get in touch…
看到我们呼吁的人都一起加入
[Rago] Everybody’s come together that saw our call-out.
现在这个时刻 我们正处于白化的开始
At this point, we are on the bleaching threshold
白化的警告
and under a warning alert for bleaching.
(墨西哥、圣汤母斯) 波纳尔、哥斯大黎加)
你可以看到我后面是阿古摩的珊瑚礁
Behind me, you can see we have the Akumal reefs.
基本上我们看到…那已经几乎白化了
Basically, we’ve seen… that one is almost completely bleached.
(墨西哥)
水温一直上升,珊瑚也不断白化
Water temperature has been rising, and the coral has been bleaching.
(德州东部花♥园♥、萨尔瓦多)
我们讲的是两年来的加勒比海
You’re talking about the Caribbean, two years in a row,
还有夏威夷的情况
about Hawaii, two years in a row.
去年夏天特别严重
This last summer was especially horrific.
百分之25到50的珊瑚 已经死了很久了
25 to 50% of the coral is already long-since dead.
(夏威夷)
我们知道这里的水温 从2015年5月开始升高…
We know the waters here started warming up in May, 2015,
(吉里巴斯)
大约比一般温度高了摄氏3度…
to about three degrees Celsius above normal.
(吐瓦鲁)
大部分的轴孔珊瑚 这种最常见的珊瑚都死了
Most of the Acropora, the most common branch corals, are dying.
气候仍在变化。海洋温度正在上升。
The climate is still changing. The ocean temperature is rising.
(万那杜)
The El Niño this year has bleached what’s left.
这里有些珊瑚礁受到很大的压力
Reefs here have been under major stress,
就跟全球许多地方一样 -帛琉共和国
like other places across the globe. -We’re here in the Republic of Palau.
(帛琉共和国)
我在宿雾市…
I’m in Cebu City, and…
(菲律宾)
上个月珊瑚不断白化
The corals have been bleached over the past month.
(峇里)
百分之75的珊瑚白化 大约一半已经死亡
The coral is 75% bleaching, and about half of them is dead already.
圣诞岛有大规模珊瑚白化现象
We now have a mass coral bleaching event happening here on Christmas Island.
(圣诞岛)
温度上升…
…degrees centigrade.
(斯里兰卡)
许多珊瑚礁严重白化
A lot of the reefs around Sri Lanka were heavily bleached.
现在正在发生白化现象
Bleaching is happening right now.
(泰国)
这里的珊瑚有大规模白化的迹象
The coral are showing massive signs of bleaching,
因此这里出现大规模死亡率
and for that reason, we have massive mortality rates.
我们发现…
We’ve found the branch–
轴孔珊瑚、鹿角珊瑚开始有白化迹象
Branching Arcoporas, Pocilloporas have started to show signs of bleaching.
我一直在红海拍摄珊瑚白化的画面
I’ve been helping capture images of coral bleaching in the Red Sea.
最近这里发生了白化现象
Bleaching has occurred here, recently.
有白化现象…
Uh, there was a bleaching event…
[overlapping reports]
(这一波白化现象是史上 时间最长、最致命…)
(且范围最广的威胁)
(按照现在的趋势 在接下来的30年内)
(世界上大部分珊瑚 将因为每年的白化现象而消失)
(如果我们放任地球持续暖化)
(我们将失去这个生态系统 数百万人将深受其害)
我很气自己…
I get cross with myself…
因为我觉得自己做的不够多
because I don’t think I did enough.
我了解发生什么事的时候 没有引起大家注意
I didn’t make enough noise when I realized what was happening.
(查理维隆博士)
我做的不够多
I didn’t do enough.
比我还好
Better at it than I am.
查克有所选择,成为奋斗的一份子
Zack has an option of being part of that fight.
也许查克会说“查理…”
Maybe Zack will say, “Charlie…
“他只是个忧郁的老人”
he’s just a gloomy old man,
“我们可以改变这一切”
and, uh… we can fix these things.”
没问题了? -对
All good? -Yeah.
(查理、查克和理查 正潜于大堡礁…)
(仅存的其中一片最健康的珊瑚礁)
(其并未受到最近 全球白化现象的影响)
你们今天好吗?
How are you guys doing today?
很好 -你们兴奋吗?
Good. -Are you guys excited?
兴奋
Yeah.
我们去潜水吧
Let’s go diving.
潜水
Diving!
我看到一只鱼
I see a fish.
看看周围环境 -我看到一只乌龟
Take a look around. -I see a turtle.
我看到一只乌龟 -我看到一只乌龟
I see a turtle. – I see a turtle.
在我心中,所有孩子生来就是科学家
In my mind, all kids are born scientists.
天生就是冒险家
They’re born adventurers.
他们渴望探索
They wanna explore.
如果我们能让孩子保持好奇心
If we can get the kids to hold on to that curiosity,
我们的地球会成为更好的地方
then our planet would be a much better place.
我可以…看到一只魟鱼
I could– I could see a stingray.
那是什么? -乌龟、鱼儿、珊瑚…
What is that? -Turtles, fish, coral,
螃蟹、海星 随便你说,应有尽有对吧?
crabs, starfish. You name it. It’s all there, right?
那是乌龟
我们要带大家启程
We’re gonna take you on an expedition
去看第三次全球白化现象
to go see the third global bleaching event.
我想体验过我的经历
I think having been on the journey that I’ve been on,
我应该是地球上最沮丧的人
I should be the most depressed person on the planet.
我目睹我深爱的…
I’m seeing the ecosystem
生态系统…
that I’ve fallen in love with…
在我眼前死去
die before my eyes.
尽管如此,我并没有非常沮丧
Having said that, I’m not actually depressed.
因为开始有了很大的改变
And that’s because there’s been a big shift.
你看到了我们对气候变迁采取的行动
You look at every piece of climate change action,
改善人们的生活
and it’s about improving people’s lives.
创造工作机会、减少污染、绿化城市
Creation of jobs, reducing pollution, greenifying cities.
基本上已经开始有了很好的转变
It’s essentially a great transformation that is already beginning.
对珊瑚礁来说还来得及
It’s not too late for coral reefs,
事实上对其他面对气候变迁挑战的…
indeed, for many other ecosystems
所有生态系统都一样
that are facing challenges from climate change.
我们还是有可能降低气候变迁的速度
It’s still possible to reduce the rate at which the climate is changing.
那是我们现在能力所及的
And that’s within our power today.
都是能够办到的事
It’s all achievable.
我们不是没有钱和资源
It’s not like we don’t have the money, not like we don’t have the resources.
我们不是没有足够的智慧
It’s not like we don’t have the brains.
这场美好的转变是无可避免的
This is inevitable, this great transformation,
所以我非常乐观
and that’s what makes me so optimistic is…
我们只需要推大家一把
all we gotta do is give it a bit of a shove.
(以下国家已承诺使用清洁能源)
(奥地利、贝里斯、不丹…)
(厄瓜多…)
(瓜地马拉…)
(墨西哥…)
(尼加拉瓜…)
(2017年春天)
(还有这些美国城市)
(麻州波士顿…)
(纽约水牛城…)
(加州德马尔…)
(爱荷华莫恩…)
(纽约伊萨卡…)
♪ I was just born, I was just born ♪
♪ I been crawling Till I learned to walk ♪
♪ When I met you, I was so young ♪
♪ I didn’t know that it could fall apart ♪
♪ Tell me what do I do ♪
♪ Now I see what we’ve done ♪
♪ And I know that it’s true ♪
♪ You gave me nothing but love ♪
♪ Tell me how long, tell me how long ♪
♪ Till we see the pieces that’ll break ♪
♪ Tell me how long, tell me how long ♪
♪ Tell me how long will it take ♪
♪ Till we wake up ♪
(查克和崔佛将一辆校车 打造成珊瑚礁教室)
♪ Till we wake up ♪
(他们开始巡回 让全国各地的小朋友认识海洋)
♪ Tell me how long, tell me how long ♪
♪ Till we wake up ♪
(理查跟他的团队成立了海洋机构)
(全力为一位客户服务)
♪ I been trying I been trying to tell you ♪
(就是海洋)
♪ What’s inside my soul ♪
(他们发起一项企划 名为“50座珊瑚礁”)
♪ I been dying, I been dying ♪
(寻找和保护 可以成为未来种子库的珊瑚礁)
♪ But the ocean changes slow ♪
♪ And it’s hard to see it ♪
♪ But I know that it’s true ♪
♪ That I gotta be better ♪
♪ So much better to you ♪
♪ Tell me how long, tell me how long ♪
♪ Till we see the pieces that’ll break ♪
♪ Tell me how long, tell me how long ♪
♪ Tell me how long will it take ♪
♪ Till we wake up ♪
♪ Till we wake up ♪
♪ Tell me how long, tell me how long ♪
♪ Till we wake up ♪
♪ Oh, I know we’re gonna wake up ♪
♪ I scream in color ♪
♪ Tell me, can you hear me Through the waves ♪
♪ If we keep on waiting ♪
♪ Do we lose the things That we can save ♪
♪ If we hold each other ♪
♪ We don’t have to let it slip away ♪
♪ We don’t have to let this slip away ♪
♪ Tell me how long, tell me how long ♪
♪ Till we see the pieces that’ll break ♪
(团队回去取回缩时摄影机)