-基♥督♥教是我们的信仰的根基 -当然
-Founded on christian values. -sure.
我们尊重其他人的信仰
We welcome other faiths to worship as they wish,
但是如果在圣诞期间
But when you can’t put a nativity scene
我们不能把基♥督♥降生图放在纳可杜契斯市消防队的门前
In front of a firehouse at christmas time in nacogdoches township,
这事情就真的不大好了
Something’s gone terribly wrong.
哦 不是那样的 拉里
Well, that’s not really true, larry.
你可以把基♥督♥降生图挂到教堂上去嘛
You could move that creche over to that church
还不都一样
And everything’s just fine.
那可不行
That’s not the point!
好的 那我们回到开始重新讨论如何
Okay. why don’t we just start back at the beginning?
你想要我做什么呢
What can I do for you?
你可以干涉他们这种破坏我们信仰的行为
You can intervene in the case against the creche committee.
干涉 怎么干涉啊
Intervene? how?
法官不都得听你的嘛
You appointed the judge.
我可管不着法官
I don’t appoint judges.
我只是给总统做顾问而已
I just made a recommendation to the president.
是啊
Uh-huh.
我想我们都别装糊涂了
I think you and I both know what that means.
我不能打电♥话♥给法官干预他们的审判
I cannot just call up a judge and tell him what to do.
-为什么 -那样可是大大的
-Why? well, ’cause it’s against a shitload
违法啊 盖里
Of really good laws, gary.
-拉里 -拉里
Larry. larry.
我要出去和外面的人说几句话 能等我会儿吗
I got to go talk to this guy out here for a second. will you excuse me?
另外 我爱基♥督♥
By the way, I love jesus christ
他妈妈算得上是人尽可夫了
And his mother mary as much as anybody.
有38个教堂任你选择 你都可以把画搬过去
About 38 churches you could move that creche to, everybody lives.
给我打电♥话♥ 好的
Give me a call. okay.
我爱华士
I love chivas.
简 你好啊
Jane, how are you?
来杯咖啡吗
You need a cup of coffee?
或者来点喝的吗 咖啡什么的 -好的
Something to drink? anything like that? okay. mmm-mmm.
-吉姆 -议员先生
-Jim. -congressman.
你看过美♥联♥社♥在喀布尔发回来的报告了吗
You see lederer’s ap story out of kabul?
是的 我们每天都关注着那里的新闻
Yeah. we’re reading this story every day now.
昨天晚上看到丹了吗
You see dan rather last night?
是 看到了
Yeah. I did.
告诉我国防委员在阿富汗实行的反♥共♥产党秘密行动
Tell me something. what is the defense subcommittee’s budget
的预算是多少
For covert ops against the communists in afghanistan?
-你是指全部吗 -全部
-All in? -all in.
一共5百万美元
It’s 5 million.
吉姆 他们不能为了5百万就把直升机击落
Well, they can’t shoot down helicopters for $5 million, jim.
能不能 这我说了也不管用
Though they’re trying to. which is more than I can say for us.
帮我把每个人都叫回来 好吗
Get everybody together for me, would you?
再将预算加倍
And double it.
这是查理·威尔逊的办公室
Charlie wilson’s office.
很抱歉 您说什么
Okay, I’m sorry, sir?
将秘密行动的预算翻一倍
The covert ops budget. double it.
好的
Okay.
不会太久的 好吧
This ain’t gonna be much longer, okay?
拉里 我和你说是这样的
Here’s what I’m gonna do, larry.
这是查理·威尔逊的办公室
Charlie wilson’s office.
20分钟后 他要参加一个会议
Maybe in about 20 minutes. he’s just going into a meeting.
没错
Sure.
我的副舰长在一次报告中上写道
My xo wrote in a report,
我是他有史以来在海上碰到的最好的长官了
I was the best officer he ever served at sea with,
也是有史以来在港口碰到的最差的长官
And the worst officer he ever served in port with.
你可以去查查
You can look it up.
我本来应该毕业于安纳波利斯海军院校的
I must’ve graduated from annapolis
在海军学校的历史中
With the second most demerits of any midshipman
我是海军学校第二捣蛋的学生了
In the history of the naval academy.
谁是最捣蛋的那个 我要和他上♥床♥
Well, who had the most? I want to sleep with him.
华盛顿这里比纳可杜契斯市热
It’s hotter here in d.c. than in nacogdoches,
所以我希望您不要介意 我脱掉些衣服
So I hope you don’t mind, I took off a few of my clothes.
那我也没办法 简
Well, I’m just gonna have to live with that, jane.
把我称作初晨的天使
Just call me angel of the morning, angel
在你临走前轻轻地吻我的脸颊
Just touch my cheek before you leave me
来 我带你去看这里最好的风景
Come on over here. I’m gonna show you the best view in the district.
抽烟吗
You want some of this?
不 不 我喝这个
No, no, I got this.
我都喜欢
I like both.
做我自己的感觉真好
Well, it must be great being me.
这我听说过
I’ve heard it is.
琉璃岛纪念馆
Iwo jima memorial.
那是林肯
There’s the lincoln.
华盛顿 右边是
Washington. now follow it around to the right.
杰斐逊纪念馆 阿林顿桥
The jefferson memorial. the arlington bridge.
那是五角大楼
And there’s the pentagon.
哦 那是五角大楼啊
Oh, that’s the pentagon.
是的
That’s the pentagon.
我来给你看看这里第二优美的风景如何
How about I show you the second best view in the district?
简 你想…
Why, jane, would you like…
好事多磨啊
Well, that was predictable.
等我一会
Just give me one second.
-你好 -你今天做了一件
Hello? woman… that was an extraordinary thing
非同寻常的事情
You did today.
你是哪位
Who is this?
我是乔安妮
It’s joanne.
乔安妮
Joanne!
天啊 能接到你的电♥话♥真是太棒了
Why, gosh, how nice to hear from you.
我晚点回你电♥话♥好吗
Could I call you back in a little bit?
现在罗那尔多·利琴在你床上吗?
Is ronald reagan in your bedroom right now?
没有 那么没有其他人比我更重要了
No. then I’m considerably more important
怎么了
Than whoever is. is anything wrong?
等我一会 就一会
This is gonna take just a second or two.
好的 说吧
Okay, I’m all yours.
我做了什么非同凡响的事情
What did I do that was so extraordinary?
翻倍
“double it.”
你说你没有女朋友
Cause I was told you didn’t have a girlfriend.
什么
What?
你叫吉姆·范·威根将预算翻倍
You told jim van wagenen to double it.
乔安妮 我不知道你在说什么
Well, shit, joanne, I don’t know what you’re talking about,
就算我知道 这也是机密
And if I did, it’d be classified,
我想知道
And I’d wonder where you got your information
你从哪得到委员会的消息
On the subcommittee.
亲爱的 你担心什么
Oh, what do you care, hon?
这是国♥家♥安♥全♥的问题 我不得不去想
It’s a little matter of national security and I can’t help but think…
抱歉打扰一下
Excuse me, I’m sorry.
请稍等 不好意思
Hold on. I am sorry,
你说你没有女朋友
But I was told you didn’t have a girlfriend.
我没有 她不是我的女友
I don’t. this isn’t my girlfriend.
她是德克萨斯州第六富有的女人
It’s the sixth wealthiest woman in texas.
很厉害吧
Which is still pretty good.
喂
Okay, so, hi.
我的一个朋友制♥作♥出一部极棒的电影
A friend of mine has made a terrific movie about the need
是关于美国对阿富汗的援助
For american aid to afghanistan.
-他制♥作♥电影 -对
He’s made a movie? yes.
我准备在我住所为经营这部电影筹资
I’m gonna run this movie friday night at my house at a fundraiser.
查理 你从没来过我的住所
You know, you’ve never been to my house, charlie.
你想让我到休斯敦 然后看一场电影吗
You want me to come to houston and see a movie?
这有美女和有钱的捐赠者 周五见
There’ll be women and wealthy donors. see you friday.
好的
Yes, ma’am.
谢谢你 乔安妮
Thank you, joanne.
我知道让你毕恭毕敬来这 实在为难你
Okay. I know it was difficult for you to come in here, hat in hand.
中情局总部 弗吉尼亚兰利市
我想着不是教育你 我在想该怎么说
That’s not the kind of upbringing, I guess, is the word I’m looking for.
我明白你不是这样的人
It’s not the kind of man you are. I understand that.
我可不会用任何方式去羞辱你 或是向你勒索什么的
I’m not looking to humiliate you or exact a price in any way,
为什么你不向我道歉
So why don’t you just apologize?
然后一笔勾销 我们来谈正事
We’ll call it water under the dam, and we’ll go about our business.
抱歉 你♥他♥妈♥的是什么意思
Excuse me, what the fuck?
什么 你在说什么