盖斯
Hey, gus!
-恭喜你连任 -谢谢你 盖斯
Congratulations on your reelection. yeah, thank you.
-告诉我你知道些什么 -好的道可·朗竞选要输了
Tell me what you know. all right. doc long is gonna lose.
太好了 我们拭目以待
Yeah, yeah, yeah. we saw that coming.
那么 谁会是我的下一个大金库呢
Yeah, so who’s gonna be our wallet now?
-约翰·马莎 -你觉得可以吗
John murtha. and is that good news?
-当然 -为什么
Yep. why?
在道德委员会上我投了他的票
I was his vote on the ethics committee.
议员先生 你真的是一个非常非常令人喜爱的人
You know, you’re a very, very easy man to like, congressman.
明天正午给我打电♥话♥
Call me tomorrow morning at high noon.
-好的 -再见
I will. bye-bye.
1988年4月14日 苏联签定日内瓦条约
我们献给你这个火箭筒
We present you with this stinger tube.
阿富汗国内一片欢腾
Reporter… there was wild jubilation inside the country of afghanistan
上周 阿富汗成为了有史以来第一个
As last weekend it became the first country in history
战胜强大的苏联军队的国家
To defeat the mighty soviet union.
苏军从阿富汗的撤军已经结束了
The retreat of soviet military power from afghanistan is complete.
最后驻扎在阿富汗的常规军也已经撤离回国
The last of russia’s regular army invasion force is out.
阿富汗人♥民♥过去的恐慌和犹豫
Fear and uncertainty were mixed with joy today
已经被今天的喜悦所取代 在指挥官的命令下
As the commander of soviet troops
最后一名苏军撤出了阿富汗边境
Followed the last of his men across the border.
请看CBS记者拜利·彼得森发自莫斯科的报道
Cbs news moscow correspondent, barry petersen, begins our coverage.
伴随着最后一声欢呼 苏军最后一支作战军
Barry… it was the last hurrah. the final soviet combat troops
开过了连接苏阿边境的友谊桥
Crossing the friendship bridge on the border
撤出了阿富汗
Between afghanistan and the soviet union.
苏军指挥官 中尉…
The soviet commander, lieutenant…
查理 这一切都是因为你
Look what you did, charlie.
大家注意了
Hey, it’s… hey, hey, hey. hey, hey!
按老规矩 大胜而归后要说句祝酒词
It’s traditional to make a gesture towards the vanquished.
-盖斯这个荣幸的机会给你了 -好的
Gus, it’s your honor. okay.
报道说阿富汗…
Reports that some afghan units have…
好吧 这他妈的全都是你的功劳
Well, here’s to you, you motherfuckers.
告诉全世界 由苏军军事干预
…determined to show the world that the era of soviet military intervention
其他国家的时代已经结束了
In other countries is now over.
-我告诉过你的 -告诉我什么
Well, I told you. told me what?
我们所要做的一切就是把直升机打下来
All we had to do was shoot down the helicopters.
你有没有听说这一个故事
Listen, not for nothing, but do you know the story
一个关于禅师和小男孩的故事
About the zen master and the little boy?
尼莎的故事
Oh, is this something from nitsa,
一个在宾西法尼亚洲阿里库帕市的女巫吗
The greek witch of aquilippa, pennsylvania?
没错 就是那个故事
Yeah, as a matter of fact, it is.
那个小男孩在14岁生日的时候得到了一匹马
There was a little boy, and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse.
然后村庄里的每个人都说 太好了 那个小孩得到一匹马
And everybody in the village says, “how wonderful! the boy got a horse.”
但是那个禅师说 等着瞧吧
And the zen master says, “we’ll see.”
2年后 那个小男孩从马上摔了下来 骨折了
Two years later, the boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg.
然后村里的每一个人都说 太糟糕了
And everybody in the village says, “how terrible!”
那个禅师又说 等着瞧吧
And the zen master says, “we’ll see.”
接着战争爆发了
Then a war breaks out,
村里所有人都参加了战争
And all the young men have to go off and fight,
因为骨折了 那个男孩没有去
Except the boy can’t cause his leg’s all messed up.
村里人又说了 这太好了
And everybody in the village says, “how wonderful!”
然而禅师却说 等着瞧吧
And the zen master says, “we’ll see.”
你明白了吧
So you get it.
不 不明白 我很迟钝
No. no, I don’t cause I’m stupid.
你不迟钝 因为你在国会
You’re not stupid. you’re just in congress.
身不由己拿钱给他们 你就能开始修路了
Send them money. you can start with the roads.
-然后就是学校和厂房♥ -盖斯 现在是派对时间
Move on to the schools, factories. gus, now, it’s a party.
-把羊群养起来 -喂
Restock the sheep herds. hey.
-给他们工作给他们希望 -我尽力 我尽力
Give them jobs, give them hope. I’m trying. I’m trying.
-没错 好好做 -每一分钱我都会计较的
-Yeah, well, try harder. -I’m fighting for every dollar.
是啊 我从你那里从5百万一直拿到了10亿
Yeah, yeah. I took you from 5 million to a billion.
我把火箭筒和导弹运到了阿富汗
I broke the ice on the stinger and the milan.
我拿到了国会里离共和党主席最近的那个座位
I got a democratic congress in lockstep behind a republican president.
那还不够
Well, that’s not good enough
我现在要给你看一个机密文件
Cause I’m gonna hand you a code word classified nie right now,
里面写了一些在坎大哈 那地狱一样的地方
And it’s gonna tell you that the crazies have started rolling
正在发生的疯狂事情
Into kandahar like it’s a fucking bathtub drain.
真是没劲 盖斯 你怎么老是来泼冷水
Jesus, gus, you could depress a bride on her wedding day.
仔细听好我说的
Listen to what I’m telling you.
你作为个卖♥♥汽水老头的儿子 可真是厉害呀
You did a hell of a job for the son of a soda pop maker.
等着瞧吧 禅师说
“we’ll see,” said the zen master.
用1百万用来重建学校
$1 million for school reconstruction?
不可能 查理
Man 1: oh, shit, charlie.
看看 他就像是喀布尔的议员
Listen. he’s like the congressman from kabul.
你没有听见吗 学校重建是1百万不是10亿
Did you hear me say it was a million, not a billion, for school construction?
是的 我们都听见了 大家都听见了 伙计
Yeah, we heard you. everybody heard you, buddy.
特拉华州的人也能听见了
They heard you in dover, delaware.
鲍勃 但愿我没有烦到你
Well, I sure hope I’m not annoying you, bob,
但那是我想做的最后一件事了
Cause that’s the last thing I want to do. look…
上周我和总统罗斯福的办公室
I was in the roosevelt room with the president last week.
你知道他说什么了
You know what he said?
他说 阿富汗那仗还在打吗
He said, “afghanistan? is that still going on?”
没错 进行中
Well, it is.
有哪个国家 有一半的人
Half the population of that country
-没有到14岁 -查理
Is under the age of 14. charlie.
有一半的人没到14岁
Half the population is under the age of 14.
想想哪有多危险
Now, think how fucking dangerous that is.
他们回家后发现他们的家人都死光了
They’re gonna come home and find their families are dead,
他们的村子被汽油弹炸没了
Their villages have been napalmed.
-我们帮他们杀了那些仇人 -但是他们什么都不知道 鲍勃
And we helped kill the guys who did it. yeah, but they don’t know that, bob,
因为没有邮递员把纽♥约♥时♥报♥送去给他们看
Cause they don’t get home delivery of the new york times.
就算他们看了 报纸上也不会写到的 明白吗
And even if they did, it was covert, remember?
这就是我们通常所作的 我们只会理想化这一切
This is what we always do. we always go in with our ideals
我们改变了世界 然后拂袖而去
And we change the world and then we leave.
总是这样拂袖而去
We always leave.
但是那个球依然的在来回跳
But that ball, though, it keeps on bouncing.
-什么 -事情还没有结束
What? the ball keeps on bouncing.
可我们现在有点忙
Man 2: yeah, we’re a little busy right now
要重组东欧 你知道吗
Reorganizing eastern europe, don’t you think?
我们都已经花了几十亿了
We’ve spent billions.
我们再花1百万重建一个学校
Let’s spend a million on h.r.118 and rebuild a school.
查理 没人会出钱在巴基斯坦建学校的
Charlie, nobody gives a shit about a school in pakistan.
是阿富汗
Afghanistan.
有史以来这是第一次一名普通公民被授予国家最高荣誉
Man… so, for the first time, a civilian is being given our highest recognition,
授予联盟作战荣誉奖章
That of honored colleague.
各位从事秘密活动的女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen of the clandestine services,
这荣誉将授予查理·威尔逊议员
Congressman charles wilson.
好样的 查理
Bravo, charlie.
这一切的一切就这么发生了 带着光辉荣耀 改变了世界
我们他妈的就这样结束了这场游戏
查理·威尔逊