-她马上就要搞定他了 -主席先生
She’s gonna lock it right on up. mr. chairman,
这些人一直在等你 他们就坐在那里
These people have been waiting for you. they have been sitting here
正在流血 他们在等你为你祈祷
And bleeding and waiting and praying for you.
只有像你一样的人才能救他们
It’s only gonna be a man like you who can save them.
我们了解我们的主席 不是吗
We know, don’t we, about our men,
当他们联合起来才能做出些什么
What they can do when they summon themselves.
查理我想他们希望你说些什么
Charlie, I think they want you to make some remarks.
不 发言的人是你 主席先生
No, you should do it, mr. chairman.
这些人一直在等的人是你
These people have been waiting a long time for you.
让大家看看你 让你妻子看看
Show muriel what you can do. show your wife.
对于今天我所看到的我有点激动
I’m a little bit emotional about what I’ve seen here today.
告诉她
Show her.
你可以的
You can do it.
去吧
Go on.
好的
All right.
-帕琶乔路斯 -这是希腊语 是棒球场的意思
Papadropolous. well, it’s greek. it’s in the ballpark.
我的朋友们
In foreign language) doc… my friends,
我的儿子在越南服役
My son served in vietnam.
他在和苏联人的战斗中负伤
He was wounded fighting in battle against the soviet oppressors.
我不知道他儿子参军了
I didn’t know that about his son.
所以 我对此不是陌生的
So, you see, I’m no stranger,
我对所有的恐♥怖♥主♥义♥和共♥产♥主义的压♥迫♥非常了解
No stranger at all to the horrors and atrocities of the communists!
感谢你们
Thank you so much.
我信上帝只有一个简单的理由
I talk about god for one simple reason.
上帝见证我所说的 我们需要他
As god is my witness today… we need him on our side.
这些每一个俄♥国♥的枪炮
…these russian gunships, every last one of them,
将会在天空中被消灭
Are gonna be blown right out of the sky.
我们将会看到你们手握武器 训练有素
We’re gonna see that you have guns and we’re gonna see that you have training!
谢谢大家
Thank you.
我想我们都担心的是
Well, what I think’s got gus worried
或早或晚上帝也会帮苏联人的
Is that sooner or later god is gonna be on both sides.
你们是在和邪恶斗争
This is good against evil.
我要你们知道美国永远
And I want you to know that america’s always going to be
是和你们在一起的
On the side of the good.
上帝永远是惩罚邪恶的
And god will always punish the wicked!
伟大的上帝
God is great!
伟大的上帝
God is great!
这是战绩糟糕 非常艰难的一年
Newscaster… this has been a year of setback and frustration.
苏联方面投入了开战以来最多的兵力
And the soviet army, more than at any time since the war began,
现在占据了上风
Now has the upper hand.
圣♥战♥部队节节败退
The mujahideen are pinned down.
阿富汗的抵抗得到了美国的支持
The afghan resistance has been sanctified by the united states,
但是口头上的支持并没有化为军事上的支援
But the support has not been translated into military hardware.
游击队依旧在用卡拉什尼科夫冲♥锋♥枪♥苦苦支撑 但毫无用处
The guerrillas still cling to the kalashnikov, but it’s not enough.
他们在苦苦等待大规模的现代化武器
They’re waiting in vain for bigger modern weapons
来和苏军作战
To turn on the red army.
游击队在突袭中幸存了下来
The guerrillas survived the raid.
苏军在战争中使用重量级炸♥弹♥
The soviets now are conducting some of the heaviest bombing of the war.
苏军有大量军力和武器的支援
The soviets have put more troops and equipment back in.
一帮共♥匪♥
Communist bastards.
别给我们送米和绷带
Don’t send us rice and bandages,
只要送武器 那样我们才能把飞机打下来
Give us weapons so that we can shoot down their gunships.
这是米兰反坦克导弹
It’s called the milan anti-tank missile.
-没有他 阿富汗能赢得战争吗 –不可能
Can the afghans win without it? no.
不谈了
End of discussion.
我想把之前批准的那笔钱
I would like to have the previously approved sum increased
再加3千万
By an additional 30 million,
把预算总额加至7千万
Bringing the total appropriation to 70 million.
我想给大家介绍米兰反坦克导弹
I’d like to introduce the milan anti-tank missile.
我们已经把300个送到了阿富汗
We’ve got 300 in the field.
太好了
Yeah! yep.
杀了俄♥国♥人
Let’s kill some russians!
支持提高预算的决议是帮助阿富汗人赢得战争的唯一方法
Voting to pump up the money for the freedom fighters is the only way
对自♥由♥党来说 这也是证明我们是认真的唯一方法
For the northeastern liberal to prove that he’s serious.
你要多少
How much are you asking for?
从7千万提高到1亿
I’d want to go from 70 million to 100 million.
如果你们投票 我就为黑人同盟会争取更多农业补助
And if you vote for me, I can deliver the black caucus for the farm subsidy.
西南方向2公里 坐标20,24
开攻吧
航道情况如何
周围没有鸟 现在是捕鸟时节
她说我不像是个负责任的男人
准备发射
收到 准备战斗
注意前方
开火
她说要我认真对待我们之间的关系
那是什么意思
要我一心一意 她是这意思吗
要是她说的一心一意是指…
撤退 他们下面有武器
撤退 向左拉
他妈的迅速撤退 向左
撤退 向左拉
他们理由十足地问他
And they asked him, quite reasonably enough,
你是怎么投票的
“how did you vote on that?”
我发誓 他只能干瞪着眼望着他的同僚
And I swear to god, he looks over at his staff guy.
他必须要从他的同僚那里才能得到答案
He had to check with an aide for an answer to that question.
“我们刚击落了3架飞机 盖斯特留”
“We just shot three of them down,Gust”
我不知道那在那里是怎么混的
I don’t know how that guy stays in office.
1987年春 34架苏联直升机被击落
1987年春 21架固定翼飞机被击落
1987年夏 33架苏联直升机被击落
1987年夏 28架固定翼飞机被击落
1987年夏 67辆坦克及运输装甲车被击毁
这里是巴米安领导的军队
It was the bamian-led group. they set an ambush here
1987年秋 41架苏联直升机被击落
-在福拉地桥那里埋伏 -他们抢到了些什么
At the fuladi bridge. what’d they get?
4辆从巴格伦空军基地出发补给车
Four supply trucks coming out of bagram airbase.
他们骑在马背上就把苏军的机动化小队干掉了吗
They hit a soviet motorized rifle battalion on horseback?
1987年秋 75辆坦克及运输装甲车被击毁
-你不信吗 –那些人可真有两下子
You bet your ass. then these guys are pretty good.
87-88年冬 83辆坦克及运输装甲车被击毁
87-88年冬 18架固定翼飞机被击落
87-88年冬 22架苏联直升机被击落
我们已经控制不了了
We can’t control this thing anymore.
在伊♥斯♥兰♥堡那个人站在我办公室 我告诉他
The man stood in my office in islamabad, and I told him,
突然流入的大笔资金
“a sudden influx of money
-和武器 -你能把皮带递给我吗
“and weaponry…” could you hand me that belt, please?
-谢谢 -一个小小的议员怎么可能
Thank you. I mean, how is it possible
靠他一个人
That this congressman of no particular importance
做到这些
Is doing this by himself?
我承认这其实没什么
I will admit it’s not unimpressive.
亨利 这场仗是我们想打的吗
Is this the war we want to be fighting, henry? huh?
哈罗德 不论他在做什么 相信我 局势真得变好了
Harold, whatever he’s doing, believe me, it’s working.
1988年春 19架苏联直升机被击落
1988年春 43辆坦克及运输装甲车被击毁
1988年春 22架固定翼飞机被击落
中情局估算圣♥战♥部队每10次发导弹中 有7次射中目标
The cia estimates that seven out of every 10 times the muj fires a stinger,
不是直升机就是战斗机被击落
A soviet chopper or a plane falls out of the sky.
现在米格战斗机价值2千万 而火箭筒则是6-7万
Now, russian migs go for $20 million, stingers go for 60-70,000.
你想要干嘛
What do you want to do?
我想把这预算提高到2千5百万
Well, I’d like to double to 250 million.
你又提醒我了 预算最早开始是多少
Remind me again, where did this thing start?
5百万
5 million.
-喂 -尊敬的乔安妮·海瑞女王殿下
Hello? charlie… is this mrs. joanne king herring davis?
怎么了查理
Where’s it at, charlie?
你的新婚蜜月怎么样
How’s the honeymoon?
我再也看不到你不♥穿♥衣服的样子了吗
Am I ever gonna see you naked again?
怎么了查理
Where’s it at, charlie?
5个亿 saudis同意了
500 million. matched by the saudis.
10亿
One billion dollars.
对 10 单位是亿
That’s right. billion with a “b.”
从某种意义上说这会实质性得改变这场战争
Where does this rank relative to other covert wars?
什么事都比得上这个
There’s never been anything else like it.
永远
Since when?
永远
Ever.
查理 我想你
I miss you, charlie.
我
I, 乔安妮,
我也想你
I always miss you.
我得挂了
I better go.
没什么不对的
There’s nothing wrong with that!
名义数据显示我们一路领先
And out in polk, there’s the polecat who took us over the side there.
你们知道那就是事实 有什么事
You know, that’s the truth. what do you got?
-是盖斯吗 -拿好了
Is that gus? you got it.