可恶
Bugger.
没那么糟 只是散热器软管爆裂而已
It’s not too bad. It’s just a burst radiator hose.
你能修好吗
Can you fix it?
不能 我没有工具
No. I haven’t got any tools.
你还能期望什么
What do you expect?
你像个蠢蛋一样上路了 根本什么都没准备
You set off on some harebrained bloody trip, half-cocked.
我也没有备用散热器软管
I haven’t got a spare radiator hose either.
你真是个白♥痴♥
You ‘re a bloody dickhead.
你知道我们走这么远
You knew we were coming up here.
事先就应该准备好备用工具
You should have brought a spare.
爸 这次旅行
Well, it wasn’t exactly a trip
并没有照我计划的进行
That I’d planned, dad.
真♥他♥妈♥没用
Oh, bloody useless.
什么样的白♥痴♥
What sort of an idiot
出门才会不带工具
Comes up here without his tools?
我是白♥痴♥ 你满意了吧
Me, dad. Me. Is that what you want to hear?
我又不是万能的
I mean, I’m not DRAM.
爸 我已经尽了最大的努力
I mean, I’m doing my best here, dad,
但我又没有三头六臂
But I can’t do everything.
你到底想怎么样
I don’t know what you want.
我希望你妈妈能活过来
I want your mum back.
爸 这个我无能为力
Well, I can’t do anything about that, dad.
我也没办法
I mean, the same as I couldn’t
让本活过来
Do anything about Ben.
我想回家
I want to go home.
回去干什么 爸
To do what, dad? What?
回去在黑暗里自怨自艾吗
Sit in the dark and feel sorry for yourself?

Fuck,
爸 这些事还不至于令人伤心成那样
Dad! It wouldn’t hurt to cry, you know?
你非要去钻牛角尖
But you just cut yourself off.
本去世的时候你就是这样
You did it… I mean, you did it when Ben died
现在你又是这样
And you ‘re doing it now.
你一次又一次的这样跟我说
You went on and on to me with all this bullshit
说 不要让它击垮你
About, you know, “Don’t let it destroy you.”
而现在你在干嘛
And what are you doing?
爸爸 不要以为
You know, dad, let’s not pretend that
我不了解失去亲人的痛苦
I don’t know about loss.
真的
Really!
爸爸 本溺死时我伤心欲绝
Dad, my heart nearly stopped when Ben drowned
我一直不能平静
And I have struggled every day…
实话告诉你
I’ve got to tell you the truth…
我一直无法忘记那天
It is not a day that goes by that I…
那天妈妈和他在一起
I mean, mum was there when he died.
他怎么可能被淹死
I mean, how did that happen?
她在看着他啊
I mean, she was looking after him.
拜托 他们当时
I mean, they were playing
只是在捉迷藏
Hide-and-seek, for god’s sake.
你妈妈从那之后每天都在自责
Your mum struggled with that every bloody day since.
晚上睡下之后
I’d go to sleep at night
一早醒来就听见她在恸哭
And wake up to her crying her eyes out.
那时我也想和她一起哭
I would have liked to cry with her too
但总得有个人去安慰对方
But someone has to say “Don’t worry, love”
要有人告诉她 不要伤心了
And “You’ll feel better tomorrow”
明天会好的 那都是注定的
And “It’s god’s will”
尽管当时
And whatever other pathetic bullshit
我也很悲伤
I could come out with.
对于那些
You know to those, I mean,
不原谅妈妈的想法
Never forgave mum for that
老实说 爸
And I got to be honest, dad…
我也很纠结
I wrestled with it too.
抛开那些不说
And you know what really gets me, is that,
真正让我悔恨的是
I mean, despite all that,
我永远没有机会告诉妈妈我依然爱她
I never got to tell mum I still loved her.
她知道的
Oh, mate, she knew that.
我保证她知道
I promise you, she knew.
我都想哭了
I need to cry.
我永远都不会忘记
I’ll never forget the night
第一次遇见你母亲的那个晚上
I first met your mum.
那天在亚伦斯福特市政厅举♥行♥的舞会
It was the footy club dance at the Allansford hall.
她迷人得让我窒息
Oh, she was something took my breath away.
她是城里一所学校的新老师
She was the new school teacher in town then
城里每个小伙子都想追求她
And every bloke in town was after her.
我记得有格雷·佛雷德和埃切·维斯波
I remember Gary Flood, Archie Witherspoon,
还有约翰·特瑞格
Joey Twigg…
实际上 几乎整个足球队的人
In fact, the whole bloody football team
都排着队想请她跳支舞
Was lined up waiting to get a dance with her.
我当时心想
I thought to myself,
如果再不行动我就没机会了
“If I don’t make a move now, I’m gonna miss out.”
很幸运 我挤了进去
As luck happened, I spotted a gap in the pack,
我侧步冲过去
Sidestepped my way through
请她跟我跳支舞
And asked her for a dance.
然后她答应了
And she said yes.
音乐响起
Then the music started
居然是该死的探戈
And it was the bloody tangoette.
探戈
Tangoette?
爱之舞
The dance of love.
很难的曲子
Oh, tough one.
接着 我和你妈妈
Oh. Anyway, the next thing, there I was,
脸颊贴着脸颊
Gliding across the dance floor,
优雅地在舞池流连
Cheek to cheek with your mum. Gracie.
我踢球的功夫非常棒
I was a pretty useful footy player.
腿脚很灵活
You know, quick on me feet.
但我却不会跳舞
But I couldn’t dance for shit.
我不是踩到她的脚
I was treading all over her feet
就是踢到她的腿
And kicking her shins and…
简直糟透了
Disaster.
那你后来怎么做的
So what did you do?
我做了唯一一件
I did the only thing I could do,
得体的事
The only decent thing to do…
我假装受伤
I faked a hammy.
漂亮
Fantastic.
是的 这招的确奏效了
Yeah, it worked.
你母亲扶我走出舞池
Your mum helped me off the dance floor…
然后用了45年
And then spent the next 45 years
来照顾我
Looking after me.
我很想念她 我想她
Oh, god, I miss her. I miss her.
我理解
Yeah, I know.
你们遇到麻烦了 是吗
You blokes got some trouble, have ya?
我们水箱的水管坏了
Oh, yeah. We’ve done our radiator hose.
你们俩要去哪
And where are you fellas off to anyway, eh?
我们要去海边
We’re heading up the cape.
我答应儿子
I promised me son here
带他去澳大利亚最北端的
I’d take him fishing
海边钓鱼
At the northernmost tip of Australia.
准备好了吗
You blokes right?
好了 拉吧
Yeah, let her rip.
还有绳子吗
Got another rope?
没了
Oh, no.
别担心 我把这根绳子对折一下就可以了
No worries, then. I’ll just double this one up, eh?
好的 谢谢
Sure.Thanks.
好了 应该可以了
Alright. That should do it.
我觉得如果这次慢点启动
I was thinking, maybe just take it
应该会好一些
A little bit easier this time.
好的
Yeah, righto.
妈的 什么都看不清了
Bloody hell.It’s hard to see.
反正你一个人能搞定 我要睡一会了
Oh, well, you don’t need me, mate. I’ll have a little nap.

Bullshit!
我们开到80了
We’re doing 80!
也许他们忘记我们在后面了
Maybe they’ve forgot we’re back here.
该死 爸 我们现在开到100了
Shit, dad, we’re doing 100!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!