珍妮
Jennie.
我还要拿学位
I’ve got my degree to get.
要工作
All that work.
还有巴黎
Then there’s Paris.
奥♥运♥会
The Olympic Games.
我实在分身乏术
There’s just not enough of me.
我希望在那之前 你能独力管理教会
I’m asking you to manage the mission on your own till then.
你能帮我这个忙吗?
Will you do that for me, Jennie?
– 安迪 我失去他了 他不听我的 – 你迟早会说动他的
– Andy, I’ve lost him. Can’t reach him. – You will, old girl.
他说不能一天到晚惦念我
He says he needs to clear his mind of me.
他如果爱我就不会说这种话
He can’t love me and say that.
他认为全世界都在与他对抗 他终于有机会证明自己
The world’s against him, or so he believes. Now he’s got a chance to prove himself.
此外他心中再也没有杂念 连你都容不下
He can’t see or hear anything beyond that, not even you.
你要试着了解这一点
It’s hard, but you’ve got to try and understand.
– 为什么? – 因为他是你的梦中情人 对吧?
– Why should I? – Because he’s what you want, isn’t he?
那你呢?史特勒和艾伯瑞呢? 你们也有这样的机会啊
What about you? And Stallard and Aubrey? The chance is there for you too.
我们跑得很快 但不是最快的
To be a fastest, yes, but not the fastest.
史上最快的跑者
The fastest man ever before.
父亲永远学不到这一点
Father’s never going to learn how to do that.
这才能永垂不朽
That’s immortality.
想想这对哈洛德这样的人来说 有何意义
Just think what it means to a man like Harold.
运动对我而言是乐趣 我不需要如此认真
Well, to me the whole thing’s fun. I don’t need that.
不需要心无旁婺
“Cast care aside” and all that.
但对哈洛德而言 这是生死攸关的大事
But for Harold, it’s a matter of life and death.
– 我现在只能等啰? – 恐怕是这样
– So all I can do is wait? – ‘Fraid so.
并祈祷上苍他能旗开得胜
And pray like hell that he wins, what?
如果他不能呢?
And if he doesn’t?
别担心
You mustn’t worry, old thing.
我从来没看过像哈洛德这样对你 如此倾心的男人
I’ve never ever seen a man so smitten as our Harold.
我有点羡慕他
It’s just that I’m a little envious, that’s all.
– 戈登小姐 你的阳伞 – 谢谢你 米德莉
– Your parasol, Miss Gordon. – Thank you, Mildred.
祝你今晚好运
Good luck tonight.
他是个傻瓜
He’s a damned fool.
我一直以为 只有爱尔兰人才专走好运
I always thought the Irish had all the luck.
– 约翰 到沙维剧院 – 好的 先生
– John, Savoy Theatre. – Yes, sir.
好极了
Splendid.
米德莉 你能把我钉鞋拿来吗
Mildred, would you get my spikes.
准备好了 少爷
Ready, my lord.
如果有一滴掉下去的话 告诉我
Now, if I shed a drop I want to know.
碰到但不洒出去
Touch but not spill, what.
生命是火把 亚伯拉罕
Life slips by, Abrahams.
充满活力
Life slips by.
但咱们这所大学 倒是能给我们些许慰藉
But this fine old university of ours, she offers some rare consolations.
无可估量
Beyond measure, sir.
想必你也不希望
I take it that you would be acutely grieved
大学因你的行为而蒙羞吧?
to discover that any behavior or action on your part were causing her grief?
当然不希望
Naturally, sir. I would, deeply.
我想也是
Good. I was sure of it.
剑桥一向以优秀的体育成绩为傲
Here in Cambridge, we’ve always been proud of our athletic prowess.
我们坚信体育是英国教育
We’ve always believed that our games are indispensable
不可或缺的一环
in helping to complete the education of an Englishman.
体育能够锻炼人格
They create character.
培养勇气 诚实与领袖风范
They foster courage, honesty and leadership.
最重要的是能培养 坚定不移的忠诚与友谊
But most of all, an unassailable spirit of loyalty,
及对彼此的责任感
comradeship and mutual responsibility.
– 你同意吗? – 我同意
– Would you agree? – Yes, sir. I would.
但学校的疑虑日深-
There is a growing suspicion in the bosom of this university –
我无意贬低 你令我们同感荣耀的成就-
and I tell you this without decrying your achievements, in which we all rejoice –
但你对获胜的执迷 蒙蔽了运动竞赛的真谛
that in your enthusiasm for success you have perhaps lost sight of some of these ideals.
请问这算是 哪门子的不忠 背叛?
May I ask what form this disloyalty, this betrayal, takes?
– 这不是背叛 – 你刚刚提到”蒙羞”
– Hardly betrayal. – The word “grief” was mentioned.
听说你找了一名私人教练
It’s said that you use a personal coach.
是的 穆沙♥比♥尼先生
Mr. Mussabini, yes.
– 他是意大利人吗? – 他有意大利血统
– Is he an Italian? – Of Italian extraction, yes.
– 我明白了 – 但不是百分之百的意大利人
– I see. – But not all Italian.
– 这真让我松了一口气 – 他有一半阿♥拉♥伯人的血统
– I’m relieved to hear it. – He’s half-Arab.
你是以职业性质 雇用穆沙♥比♥尼先生吗?
Do we take it that you employ this Mr. Mussabini on a professional basis?
山姆穆沙♥比♥尼是国内最优秀 最进步
Sam Mussabini is the finest, most advanced,
思路最清晰的教练
clearest-thinking athletics coach in the country.
他愿意指导我 我很荣幸
I’m honored to be worthy of his attention.
– 他是职业教练 – 当然 他是最好的教练
– He’s a professional. – What else would he be? He’s the best.
亚伯拉罕先生 恕我们无法苟同你的看法
But there, Mr. Abrahams, I’m afraid our paths diverge.
本校坚信运动 只有在坚守业余规范时
You see, this university believes that the way of the amateur
才能产生令人满意的结果
is the only one to provide satisfactory results.
我是名业余选手
I am an amateur.
指导你的是名职业教练 你的心态已是职业选手
You’re being trained by a professional. You’ve adopted a professional attitude.
恕我直言 过去一年来 阁下为了追求一己荣耀ue4d1
For the past year, you have concentrated on developing your own technique
发展出了一套自己的技巧
in the headlong pursuit, may I suggest, of individual glory.
这对培养团队精神有害无益
Not a policy very conducive to the fostering of esprit de corps.
我是剑桥人
I am a Cambridge man first and last.
也是英国人
I am an Englishman first and last.
我努力不懈 为的是我的家人
What I have achieved, what I intend to achieve, is for my family,
我的大学和国家
my university and my country.
您的言外之意有失公平
And I bitterly resent your suggesting otherwise.
你的目标是不计代价获胜 是吧?
Your aim is to win at all costs, is it not?
不是不计代价 我要赢得光明磊落
At all costs, no. But I do aim to win within the rules.
您宁愿我保持 绅士风范而落败?
You would rather I played the gentleman and lost?
总比自甘下流好
To playing the tradesman, yes.
你可别见怪 但我觉得你的作风太过鄙俗
My dear boy, your approach has been, if I may say so, a little too plebeian.
你是菁英分子 就要有菁英分子的风范
You are the elite, and are therefore expected to behave as such.
谢谢两位的款待
Thank you, sir, for your hospitality.
与君一席谈 让我茅塞顿开
The evening has been most illuminating.
晚安
Good night to you, sir.
两位
You know, gentlemen,
你们和我一样渴望得胜
you yearn for victory, just as I do,
但要赢得轻而易举 有如神助
but achieved with the apparent effortlessness of gods.
你们的想法太落伍了
Yours are the archaic values of the prep-school playground.
只是在自己骗自己罢了
You deceive no one but yourselves.
我坚信追求卓越 我要自己开创未来
I believe in the pursuit of excellence, and I’ll carry the future with me.
修 跟你的犹太人 真是有理说不清
Well, there goes your Semite, Hugh.
信仰的神不同
A different god.
目标自然不同了
A different mountaintop.
你 亨利 安迪和我 都被选为代表队了
Harold. Harold. We’re in. All of us. You, Henry, Andy and me, we’re all in.
你100和200 安迪400和跨栏
You 100 and 200, Andy 400 and hurdles,
亨利1500米 我是障碍赛跑
Henry the mile, and me the steeplechase.
巴黎 我们来啰
Paris, here we come.
艾利克里德也入选了 这是你扳回一城的大好机会
Eric Liddell’s picked too. Rivals under the same flag. Your chance to get even, eh?
我等不及了
I can’t wait.
伯根海伯爵 欢迎光临多佛
Welcome to Dover, my Lord Birkenhead.
美♥国♥佬♥有可能 击败我们的选手吗?
Lord, are the Yanks so well-trained that they’ll wipe the floor with our boys?
美国人为了胜利 做了万全的准备 也许做得稍嫌过火
It’s true that the Americans have prepared seriously, some would say too seriously, to gain success.
但我们的阵容中自有 能与他们分庭抗礼的强手
But we feel we may, in our unsophisticated way, have their match.
面对派杜克 舒兹等好手 英国人有胜算吗?
Do the British stand a chance against such American athletes as Charlie Paddock and Jackson Scholz?
你们美国有好几名 世界级的好手
You Americans have a number of men who are rated as world-beaters,
但这次比赛在欧洲举♥行♥ 不是在美国
but this contest is in Europe, not in the rarefied climes of the United States.
巴黎的赛况会更粗豪
Parisian conditions are bound to be more robust, more combative,
-更激烈 -更激烈?
– and certainly more cavalier. – More cavalier?
美国人受的训练 是否能击败我们的选手?
Are the Yanks so well-trained that they will wipe the floor with our boys?
亚伯拉罕 里德和林西 都是不容他们小觑的强劲对手
ln Abrahams, Liddell and Lindsay, we have the men who could give them a run for their money.
艾利克
Eric.
你不是大老远从苏格兰 赶来为我送行的吧?
Sandy. You haven’t come all the way from Scotland just to see me off?
我是来为自己送行的 再不上船 船就要开了
I’m seeing myself off. Come on up the gangplank, we’ll miss the boat.
你认为你有没有 击败亚伯拉罕的胜算?
Mr. Liddell. What do you think of your chances against Abrahams?
– 尽力而为啰 对不对? -里德先生
– I’ll do my best. Can do no less. Right? – Mr. Liddell.
星期天的资格赛呢?
What about the qualifying heats on Sunday?
– 你说什么? – 你周日有把握胜过美国人吗?
– What did you say? – On Sunday. Can you beat the Americans?
亚伯拉罕先生在那里
There’s Mr. Abrahams. There he is.
– 亚伯拉罕先生 – 我没时间ue4d1
– Mr. Abrahams. – Sorry, I’ve no time…
– 嗨 杰瑞米 – 吉伯和苏利文会赢
– Hello, Jeremy. – Gilbert and Sullivan will win. – Harold. – Sybil.
– 我是来祝你好运的 – 我很高兴
– I came to wish you luck. – I’m glad.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!