我还不出名 – 你结婚了吗?
Don’t get any ideas, though. -You’re taken, then.
不 但是我二十一岁
No, but I’m 21.
对你来说太老了
Way too old for you.
你非常漂亮 勒维小姐
You’re very pretty, Miss Levy.
幸亏我看过莎士比亚剧 所以不会被甜言蜜语蒙蔽
I’d better be. I didn’t get out here thanks to my Shakespeare reviews.
我可以说点什么吗? 如果你肤色稍微深一点会更漂亮
And may I say something? You’d be even prettier as a brunette.
如果你个子高6英尺 就玉树临风了
Well, you’d be devastating if you were six inches taller.
潘趣洒? 两杯 谢谢
Punch? Two, please.
至少你可以换个发型
Well, at least you can do something about your hair.
不!我生来就是这副样子
Never! I was born this way.
多谢
Oh, thank you.
很高兴再次见到你 – 先生
Hello. – Nice to see you again, sir.
晚上好 卓别林先生
Evening, Mr. Chaplin.
对不起 我在等一个天生的金发女郎
Sorry, miss. I’m waiting for a natural blonde.
你看起来美极了
You look beautiful.
老位子 – 当然 这边请
My usual table. – Of course, Mr. Chaplin, come right this way.
你好 查理 – 你好 查理
Hello, Charlie. – Hello, Charlie.
你已经今非昔比了 查理 是的 穿着我自己的西服
You’ve come a long way, Charlie. Yes. My own suit.
不用预定座位 我过着奢侈的生活 但是我变得盲日
No need to book a table. I lived in the lap of luxury. But I was blind.
盲目?
Blind?
是的 对于一个创作者来说 这是致命的
Yes. That’s fatal, for a storyteller.
我有没有告诉过你 在经济危机发生的前一年
Did I ever tell you that I sold all my stocks and shares
我卖♥♥掉了所有的股票?
the year before the Wall Street crash?
明智之举
That was clever.
大萧条 非常残酷
It was deeply cruel, the Depression.
能为我签个名吗 卓别林先生?
Can I have an autograph, Mr. Chaplin?
当然 – 签我的
Yes, yes, of course. -Sign mine?

Yes.
但愿他们会想要我的钱
I wish they’d wanted my money.
知道吗?
You know what?
我有这个天赋
I’ve always had that gift.
男人跟我做♥爱♥之后 变得欣喜芳狂
After a man makes love to me, he just goes wild from happiness.
我很快乐
I am happy.
你不开心的时候告诉我 因为我不想烦着你
Then tell me when you get sad, because I don’t want to be around.
自从经济危机以后 发生了很多糟糕的事
Terrible things have been happening out there since the crash.
上百万的美国人失业
Millions of decent Americans have been robbed of their right to work.
机器取代了人力
Machinery is replacing manpower.
我什么也没说
And I’ve said nothing.
我为自己感到羞耻
Shame on me.
羞耻
Shame on me.
你说得对 查理 三秒钟太短了
You’re right, Charlie, you’re right. About three seconds too short.
好的,约翰尼!我们将重复木琴的两小节。对
Okay, Johnny! We’ll do a two-bar repeat of the xylophone. Yes?
当然
Sure.
亲爱的
Honey?
对不起 亲爱的
Oh, sorry, darling.
今天我要带孩子们出去玩 一起去好吗?
I’m taking the boys out on the boat today. Why don’t you come on out for some air?
明天吧 亲爱的 明天一定去
Tomorrow, darling. Definitely tomorrow.
好吧
All right.
立刻把音乐加上去
Put that in straight away.
我们应该怎么做? – 换一个音阶
What do you want to do? – Take it out of the minor key.
让我听下
Fine. Let me hear it.
不 我告诉你
No. I’ll tell you why.
查理 你应该跟我们一起去看吵架
Charlie, you were supposed to meet us at the fight.
对不起 谁吵架了?
I’m sorry, sweetheart. Who was fighting?
玛丽和道格
Mostly Mary and Doug, as it turned out.
你很捧 伽达德小姐 – 谢谢
You’re wonderful, Miss Goddard. -Thanks!
连这都没用 是吧?
Well, that didn’t work either, did it?
菲尔班克斯准备离婚
Well, the Fairbanks are getting a divorce.
墨索里尼侵略了阿比西尼亚
And Mussolini has invaded Abyssinia.
你真的该歇一下了 查理
You really need a break, Charlie.
我们应该去旅行
We should take a trip.
好主意
That’s a good idea.
什么好主意?
What? What’s a good idea?
我想 环游世界
Around the world, I thought.
我做不到
I’m not going to make it.
查理
Charlie!
你就是因此失去了其它的妻子?
Did you lose your other wives this way?
我想是的
I think so.
但是你最好问问她们本人
But you’d have to ask them.
波莱特 她很不错
Paulette. She was wonderful.
你是说 她的性格?
Her personality, you mean? No.
床上功夫? 不 噢 她确实很捧
You mean in bed? No. Well, that was good.
她是唯一一个 不是为了钱和我在一起的女人
No, she’s the only one who didn’t take me for a fortune.
让我帮你 来吧
Here, let me help you. Come on.
好了吗?
Okay?
我很了解你,查理。
I know you so well, Charlie.
我甚至知道你在想什么。你在想道格,是吗?
I even know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking of Doug, aren’t you?
我是唯一知道的人
I was the only one who knew.
别说我没照顾你
Don’t say Daddy doesn’t look after you.
波莱特 – 道格?
Paulette! – Doug?
卓别林先生 很荣幸
Mr. Chaplin. Always a pleasure.
你好吗? – 很好
How are you? Oh! -Fine.
你看上去更美了
How do you look even prettier?
没有人过得好 所有人都应该喝一杯香摈 还是苏格兰酒?
Nobody’s fine and everybody needs a drink. Paulette, another champagne or a scotch?
苏格兰酒
Ooh, Scotch, please.
他是不是…? – 是的
Is he… -Yes.
真的吗?
Seriously?
他的心脏 – 见鬼
His heart. -Shit.
听我说
Say.
不要笑
Don’t laugh.
我在为斯佳丽 (乱世佳人)的角色试镜
I’m going to test for Scarlett.
我为什么要笑?
Why should I laugh?
因为这是个笑话 人人都想演斯佳丽
Because it’s a joke. Everybody’s testing for Scarlett.
我听说卡蒂赫伯恩 偷偷把角色拿下了
Anyway, I hear Katie Hepburn has it locked away. So they say.
自从“摩登时代” 起我就没有工作过
I have not worked since Modern Times.
我也没有
No. Neither have I.
不知道 我快绝望了
No ideas. I’m desperate.
迟点见
Catch you later.
我可以再喝两杯
I can manage a double if I have to.
你可以吗?
Should you?
你们两个还是夫妻吗?我有点搞不清楚了
Say, are you two still married or what? I find it all very confusing. Hmm!
嗯。一点也不令人困惑。
Hmm. It’s not at all confusing.
当人们以为我们在恋爱的时候
See, when everyone thought that we were having an affair
我们已经结婚了
we were married.
当人们知道的时候 我们正在离婚
Now everyone realizes we’re married, we’re getting divorced.
你是女人的克星 毫无疑问
Man’s a wizard with women, no question about it.
那个男士是谁? 听上去像是德国人 – 看上去是德国人
Who’s that man? Sounds German. – Looks German.
可能是这里的个导演
Probably one of those directors, there’s a lot of them over here now.
或许他会给我安排一个工作
Maybe he’s got a job for me.
就像是柏拉图 阿道夫希♥特♥勒♥ 在为落后的社会制度
Just like Plato, Adolf Hitler is defining the ideal state
树立一个理想国家的典范
which will become a model for backward systems.
你认识他吗?
Do you know him personally?
我很幸运 是的
I do have that good fortune, yes.
记住我说的话
And you have my word.
我们只是想保护
Our ambitions are only to defend
我们的历史国界 那是极为重要的
our historical frontiers to the east. That’s paramount.
我告诉过你 他是德国人
Told you. Paramount.
这不好笑
It’s not funny, Doug.
他只是想改善德国人♥民♥的生活
He merely wants to improve the situation for the German people.
创造工作…
Create jobs…
他们怎么会允许 这些法♥西♥斯♥暴徒… – 查理
How can they let these fascist thugs… -Charlie…
杜绝那些利益投机者
…to cut out the profit speculator.
犹太人
The Jew.
卓别林先生 我是你的崇拜者
Mr. Chaplin! I am a great admirer of yours.
很抱歉 我不和纳粹握手
I’m sorry. I prefer not to shake hands with Nazis.
你为什么仇视我们?
What have you got against us, Mr. Chaplin?
你为什么仇视我们其他人?
What have you got against everybody else?
请原谅卓别林先生 他是个犹太人
You must forgive Mr. Chaplin.
难怪! – 原来
He’s a Jew. -Ah, so!
恐怕我没有那个荣幸
I’m afraid I don’t have that honor.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!