普旺斯 抱歉 我只是个秘书
Purviance. Sorry, just a secretary.
我在招聘不是职业演员的演员
Don’t be sorry. I’m auditioning for actresses who aren’t actresses.
如果你需要一个不是职业演员 而且没有天赋的演员
Well, if you’re on the lookout for untalented actresses who aren’t actresses,
你不必找我 找个比我更差的好了
then you couldn’t do better than me. Worse than me.
你不想知道我是谁吗?
Don’t you want to know who I am?
我没有兴趣知道你是谁
I have no interest whatsoever in who you are,
卓别林先生
Mr. Chaplin.
停 不太好
Cut! Not great. Uh…
我们再来一次
We’ll do another.
如果再继续吃下去 我会生病的
Charlie, if I eat one more bean, I’m going to be sick.
你差不多做到了
You almost had it.
但是这一次不要吃得太斯文 你快饿死了
But this time not quite so daintily. You’re starving.
我知道
I know.
但是我已经吃了46份了
But it’s hard to be hungry after 46 takes.
没有人能做得比你好
Of course it is. No else one could do it this well.
我们都知道
We both know it.
我尽力 – 好
I’ll do my best. -Right.
今晚一起吃晚饭好吗? 辣椒煮豆子
How about dinner tonight? Chili con carne.
我要杀了你 查理
I’ll kill you, Charlie.
再来一份豆子
More beans.
再来一份豆子
More beans!
摄像机
Camera!
开拍!
Action!
到达自♥由♥的国度
今天到此为止 伙计们
That’s all for today, folks.
很高兴我能依靠我最亲近的人
Good to know I can always count on my nearest and dearest.
不要跟我兜圈子
Don’t come it with me, son.
“到达自♥由♥的国度”? 自♥由♥女神像?
“Arrival in the land of liberty”? Sticking in the statue like that?
你在拍什么?
What are you playing at?
其他人似乎并不在意
Nobody else seemed to mind.
回答我!丑♥化♥移♥民♥局的官员
Answer me! Kicking an immigration officer up the backside.
你觉得有趣吗?
Do you think that’s funny?
对于我们这些有幽默感 的人来说 是的
Well, for those of us with a sense of humor, very.
查理
Charlie.
查理 这是一部喜剧
Charlie, it was supposed to be a comedy.
你把它变成了该死的政♥治♥片
Now, you’ve turned it into a bloody political tract.
我们不是这个国家的居民
We’re guests here!
我们不能指责它的管理方式
And you can’t go around criticizing the way it’s run.
西德 我爱这个国家 它给了我一切
Syd, I love this country. I owe it everything.
那就是为什么我可以指责它
That’s precisely why I can criticize it.
不要忘了… – 我必须这样做
Don’t forget… -Why I must.
还记得我们从哪里来的吗 那里正在打仗
…where we’re from.There’s a war on, remember?
不列颠的男孩们战死在法国 你每年挣一百万美金
Now, you make a million a year while British boys are dying in France.
伦敦的舆♥论♥已经盯上你了 你想这里也一样吗?
The London papers are already after you. Do you want the same thing to happen here?
我已经为样片登记了 他们没有给我电♥话♥
I registered for the draft, and they never called me.
哦,看在上帝的份上 – 我会弄清楚的
Oh, for Christ’s sake… -It isn’t as if I’m hard to find.
我是站在你这边的 孩子
Look, I’m on your side, kid.
一定要先通过 知道吗?
First one on board, remember?
小心 查理
Be careful, Chas.
注意点
Just watch it.
我就说这么多
That’s all I’m saying.
这里
There.
你说你讨厌参加电影公♥司♥派对
You always said you detested studio parties.
没错 有道格菲尔班克斯在 另当别论
Oh! The worst,but not where Doug Fairbanks was concerned.
当道格在身边 生活充满乐趣
Life was fun when Doug was around.
我想现在已经没有人记得 他是多么伟大的巨星
As you know, I don’t think anyone today remembers what a huge star he was.
在当时 他非常有名
I mean, back in the silent days, he was huge.
男人喜欢他
Men liked him,
女人崇拜他
women adored him.
他就像个国王
He was royalty.
查尔斯
Charles!
小心下面!
Look out below!
先生 欢迎你的到来
Sire, you are most truly welcome.
What a great party, Doug.
热闹的派对 道格
难以置信是吗? – 精彩绝伦
Isn’t it fabulous? -Wonderful.
谢谢 – 我能拿你的外套吗
Thank you. -May I take your coat, sir?
我比你还讨厌这地方
First class. Bet I hate it more than you do.
我怀疑
I doubt it.
当然 当“美国甜心” 出现的时候 一切都改变了
Of course everything changed when America’s sweetheart came on the scene.
你是说 玛丽皮克佛德?
You mean Mary Pickford?
我一直觉得她是一个 不起眼的婊♥子♥
Yes, I always found her to be something of an undersized bitch,
但是道格彻底为她倾倒了
but Doug fell for her like a ton of bricks.
你好 查理 – 你好 玛丽
Hello, Charlie. -Hello, Mary.
嗨 道格 – 你好
Hi, Doug. – Hello.
谢谢你邀请我来
Thanks for inviting me.
玛丽 很荣幸
Mary, it’s a pleasure.
要招呼客人 失陪
Duty calls. Excuse me.
他真是个可爱的人 查理
He’s a really lovely person, Charlie.
是的 你饿吗?
Yes. Hungry?
你好 查理
Hello, Charlie.
她叫米尔德丽德哈里斯
Her name is Mildred Harris.
演员?
An actress?
噢 是的 一个童星
Oh, yeah. A child actress.
你有没有听说过“诱♥奸♥罪”
You ever hear the word “jailbait,” Charlie?
如果我是你 我会小心的
That’s the definition. I’d watch it if I was you.
多谢提醒 玛丽
I value that, Mary.
尤其是你的建议
Coming from you.
美国甜心给的建议 我会虚心听取
When America’s own sweetheart gives you advice, you’d better listen.
“听取”? 谢谢查理
“Better listen?” Thanks, Charlie.
你结婚了 道格也结婚了
Especially since you’re married and Doug’s married
你们每天下午一起睡觉
and the two of you are rutting with each other every afternoon
然后假装彼此刚认识 皮克福德小姐
all the time pretending you’ve just met. Miss Pickford
卓别林先生?
Mr. Chaplin, please?
再跟我上上道德课
Lecture me more about morality.
更好 更好 更好
Better. Better. Better.
婊♥子♥ 更好
Bitch. Better.
我洗了脸
I washed my face.
过来
Come here.
怎么了?
Charlie, what is it?
我只是… 我只需要擦点口红
I just need some… You just need some lip rouge.
我的钱包里有
I’ve got some in my purse.
在抽屉里 那边
It’s in the drawer, over there. It’s top right.
看着我
Look at me.
是你想要的颜色吗?
Is this what you want?
涂上去
Yeah. Just put it on.
天哪 查理 你还没有三十岁
My God, Charlie! You weren’t even 30.
已经是世界上最出名的人了
You were the most famous man in the world.
你有以自己名字 命名的电影工作室 你不能简单地享受这种生活吗?
You had your own studio, named after you. I mean, couldn’t you just enjoy?
现在 我可以了
Mmm. I can, now.
当时不可以 它意味着太多东西了
But I couldn’t then. It meant too much.
早上好
Morning.
卓别林先生 欢迎
Mr. Chaplin, welcome.
欢迎 查理
WOWelcome, Charlie!
我能为你拍照吗?
Take your picture, Charlie?
停!等等
Cut! All right. Hold it.
下次少弄一点
I think, perhaps, we should try a little less next time.
停止放烟雾
Hold it. Hold the smoke.
我是说 这些尘埃 来个人帮我把这东西脱掉
The dirt, I mean. For God’s sake, somebody get me out of this thing.
看起来不错 查理
Looks great, Charlie.
我们在这里等着你卸妆
But I thought I better keep the boys here under control till you got out of costume.
你是个混♥蛋♥!谢谢
You are an ass! -Thank you.
再来一次 查理?
That wasn’t bad, Charlie. One more?
检查 – 灯光如何?
Check it. -How’s the light, Rollie?
好了 我知道 – 现在该去巴尼的酒吧了
I know. It’s better down at Barney’s Bar. -It’s better down at Barney’s Bar.
今天到此为止
Call it a day.
我已经感觉不到有趣了 – 我们走 查理
I don’t feel funny anymore. -Come on, Charlie, let’s go.
你是在作弊吗 菲尔班克斯?
Not cheating are you, Fairbanks?
你真是一个古怪的家伙 查理
You are a truly strange fellow, Charles.
胡说
Nonsense.
事实证明 刚好相反
Facts indicate otherwise.
球掉出去了