开始追打!
Into the chase! Into the chase!
别停!继续!
Bunched up! Keep it bunched up!
好!好!非常好!
Good! Good! Terrific!
看镜头
Look at the camera.
聚焦
Henry, snap it.
看着新娘
Watch the birdie.
够了 停
That’s enough. Cut.
卓别林 你想乐死我吗?
God damn you, Chaplin! What are you trying to do to me? (LAUGHING)
我知道雇佣他是个正确的选择
I knew I was right to hire that kid.
听着
Listen.
你照我说的去做 不然我就告诉曼柯
Charlie, you do what I say or I’ll report you to Mack.
现在你站起来
You stand up right now, pick up this hose
拿起这个水龙头 我说开始 你就喷洒这条路
and when I say, “Begin,” you sprinkle the road.
我可以用那个水龙头做更多的事
I could do a lot more with that hose than sprinkle the road.
我可以搞笑
I could be funny.
才两个月你就 以为自己什么都知道了 我才是导演
Two months and you think you know everything. Look, Charlie, I’m the director.
这部电影不是用水龙头来搞怪
And this is not a picture about being funny with a hose.
你说得没错 但它可以
You’re right. But it could be.
卓别林!
Chaplin!
好了 所有人
All right, everyone.
衣柜里的所有人
Everyone in wardrobe.
回到舞台上
Head back to the stage.
抓紧时间
We need to hurry, please.
动起来
Let’s keep moving.
他来了
Mabel, he’s on his way.
我不会强迫你这样做 但是如果你能炒掉他 我会乐意之至
I’m not insisting that you fire him but if you want to, that’s fine with me.
我很愿意解雇这个英国佬 但是我跟纽约的人谈过了
I love you, honey, and I’d love to ax the little limey,but they called me from New York.
看来他是这个公♥司♥的一笔财富
And? It seems he’s an asset to the company.
但是我会让他知道 你是一个了不起的导演
But now, don’t you worry. I’ll scare him good. You’re a great director and I’ll make damn sure he knows that.
你能快点吗
Would you hurry, please?
曼柯一直在等你!
Is Mack ever waiting for you.
各位 我们没时间了
All right, everyone! We don’t have all day!
进来
Come in!
查理 请进
Charlie, come in. Please come in.
你得帮我搞定梅布尔 她真的以为自己会导演
You got to help me with Mabel. She actually thinks she can direct.
坐 坐
Have a seat. Have a seat.
看来你还没有发疯
Oh. You’re not mad, then?
我一直在等待 谁能有种跟她坦白
I’ve been sitting here waiting for an actor with the guts to stand up to her.
我能生气吗
How could I be mad?
我真的喜欢你 查理
I really like you, Charlie.
我也喜欢你 曼柯
I really like you, too, Mack.
我敢打赌你跟纽约的 片商谈过了
And I bet you’ve been talking to New York.
让我执导下一部电影
Let me direct the next one.
你怎么知道你能行?
What makes you think you can do it?
我不会比梅布尔糟糕 – 这是你说的
I couldn’t do any worse. -Says you.
万一没人想看怎么办? 万一是部烂片呢? 谁来赔偿?
Says I, “What if nobody wants it? What if it stinks? Who’ll pay?”
我从来没有见过你写支票
I’ve never seen you pick up a check.
我会赔偿的
I’ll pay.
这是我的工作
This is my work.
你有赔过钱吗?
Did you ever have to pay up?
不 但是 我工作得很辛苦
No. But, boy, did I work.
到那一年末 我执导了20多部电影
I directed more than 20 films before the year was out.
为什么你不去找海蒂?
Well, why on Earth didn’t you send for Hetty, then?
我有写过信给她 但是她没有回信
I did write. Never got a reply.
我以为她可能去外地演出了
Thought maybe she was away on tour.
所以我让西德去找她 问她意下如何
So I asked Syd to track her down for me. See how she felt.
上帝啊 看看他!
Oh, my God! Look at him!
打扮时髦的男孩 系着你父亲的绿色领带
你的旧表链值不到两个便士 旧铁
这是米妮
This is Minnie.
你好 查理 – 你好
Hello, Charlie. -Hello.
见到你很高兴
Nice to meet you.
我也是 – 我来拿
You, too. -I’ll take that.
帮我们拿行李 查理 走吧
Give us a hand, then, Chas, come on.
你为什么挑上他? 他人不坏
What did you pick him for? Oh, he’s not so bad.
我们的西德是个好人
Yeah, our Syd’s all right.
我不明白 查理 为什么没有人盯着你看
I don’t know, Chas. I don’t see anybody staring at you.
不错的小轿车 你买♥♥了多久了?
Nice little flivver, Chas. How long you had it?
几个星期
A couple of weeks.
我什么时候去见森纳特先生?
How soon do I get to see Mr. Sennett?
有东西给你看
Got something to show you first.
看! 卓别林最新电影
Get a load of that!
难以置信!
I don’t believe it!
一切发生得太快了 查理
It’s happened so quick, Chas.
去年 你还在歌♥舞团
Twelve months ago, you were still in vaudeville.
我在海报最醒目的位置
I’m top of the bill, Syd.
我还是没有见到有人打量你
Yeah? Well, I still haven’t seen anybody staring at you.
我看起来不像我自己
Yeah, that’s ’cause I don’t look like me.
西德 – 啥?
Syd? -What?
有什么消息吗? – 嗯?
What news? – Mum?
妈妈? 噢 妈妈还好
Mum is fine.
噢 不算太好 但是她也有很多清醒的时候
Well, no. Not fine but there are lots of good days.
不是很多 但有时候
Well, not lots of, but some.
海蒂呢 她知道了吗?
And Hetty. Does she know?
全世界都认识你 查理
The whole world knows about you, Charlie.
她让我把这个交给你
She gave me this for you.
海蒂的字很华丽
Fancy Hetty writing.
是的
Yeah.
西德
Syd!
看这个
Look at this.
她结婚了
She got married.
我知道
I know.
我不觉得意外
I’m not surprised. A girl like Hetty.
但愿她过得开心
I wish her lots of happiness.
噢 不要太开心
Well, not lots. But some.
振作点 孩子
Chin up, kid.
看 我说的对 他是世界上最出名的人
See, I was right. He’s the most famous man in the world.
我们想要的是物有所值 先生
Value for money is all we’re after, Mr. Sennett.
查理 把这个家伙送回精神病院
Charlie, take this guy back to the asylum.
西德是我的经纪人
Look, Syd’s me manager now.
他放弃了自己的演艺事业来帮我打理
He’s given up his acting career to handle me full time.
行行好!剧院都快倒闭了
Oh, woe is me! The theater will never be the same.
什么事业? 每周一千美金 比我挣得还多
What career? 1, 000 a week is more than I get.
查理的名气比你大 请允许我这样说
Charlie’s name is bigger, Mr. Sennett. If you’ll pardon me for saying so.
查理 我真是太对不起你了!
Charlie, Charlie, I’ve been so rotten to you!
我不知道你能否原谅我
I don’t know if you can forgive me.
我强迫你离开蒙大纳州的布特
I forced you to leave Butte, Montana.
我让你接受一百五十块每星期
I made you accept $150 per.
我还逼你当导演
You mentioned directing and I stuffed that down your throat, too.
告诉我 曼柯叔叔是怎么对不起你了!
Now, tell me how else Uncle Mack can make it up to you!
我想经营我自己的演艺公♥司♥ 我想要权利
I want to run me own show, Mack. I want control.
继续做梦吧 孩子 我了解这个行业 你没什么了不起的
Dream on, kid. I know this business. And you’re not that big.
我第一次看见你没打中目标
First time I’ve seen you miss, Mack.
但是 查理 曼柯森纳特 是戏剧之王
But, Charlie, Mack Sennett was the absolute king of comedy.
他帮你起步
He gave you your start.
你怎么能丢下他一走了之?
And how could you just walk out and leave him flat?
原因很简单 金钱
The reasons were purely intellectual. Money.
所以你决定跟 布朗科比利安德森一起
So, you joined up with “Bronco Billy” Anderson,
一个臃肿的牛仔明星?
a puffed-up cowboy star.
那不是我事业的高峰
Not one of the high points of my career.
但我想要自己的工作室
But I knew I wanted my own studio.
我暂停赚钱 就为了组建自己的工作室
Even then, I was putting money aside to build one.
不好意思
Excuse me, miss.
你总是一个人吃饭吗?
Do you always eat alone?
只有在我等人的时候
Only when I’m trying to make a new acquaintance.
事实上 我在等我的女友
Actually, I’m waiting for my girlfriend.
我是一个电影导演
Actually, I’m a motion picture director.
我在跟布朗科比利组建新的公♥司♥
And I’m forming a new company with Bronco Billy over there.
然后你需要一个新的女主角
And you’re looking for a new leading lady.
我真幸运
Lucky me.
你一定是个演员吧 你叫?
Obviously, you are an actress, Miss…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!