Why is that?
因为我不想记得
Because I don’t wish to remember it.
好答案 但是…
All right, fair enough.
请容许我这么说
But if you’ll allow me to say so, Charlie,
我知道这听上去太美国化了
I don’t think, and I know this will sound very American,
你不应该害怕跟 读者分享你的感情
but you shouldn’t be afraid to let the readers share your emotions or your feelings.
知道我的意思吗?
Know what I mean?
如果你拒绝 我会很伤心的
You’ll break me heart if you don’t marry me, Hetty.
至少 你答应等我
I mean, or at least say you’ll wait for me.
我会等你的
I’ll wait for you.
你要在美国待多久?
Charlie, how long are you going to be in America?
我还不知道
Well, I don’t know. Do I? I mean, exactly.
取决于他们 是否喜欢醉酒的表演
You know, we’ll be on tour.Depends if they like the drunk act.
如果他们朝我扔鸡蛋 我不会去太久的
You know, if they start throwing things, I won’t be gone long.
他们不会扔鸡蛋的
They’re not gonna throw things at you, Charlie.
他们会觉得你很捧!
They’re gonna think you’re wonderful. I mean, I…
我认为你很捧!
I think you’re wonderful.
有趣的是
But you know what the funny thing is?
你从来没有提过爱这个字
You never mentioned love.
没有这个必要 不是吗?
Well, I don’t have to, do I?
芝加哥来的九号♥船到了 让我们靠岸吧
Number nine, pulling in from Chicago. Let’s get them steer loaded up, boys.
坐下
Sit down.
抱歉
Sorry.
你见过那个英国小伙子吗?
Uh… Have you seen that English bloke? There he is.
看这个
Watch this, Stanley.
我之前看过 有一封给你的电报
I’ve told you. I’ve seen it before.Here look, there’s a telegram come for you.
再放一次
Show it again.
你已经看过两遍了
But you’ve already seen everything twice.
开消防车那个
The one with the fire engine.
你会喜欢的
You’ll love this one, Stanley.
如果他们真的会表演 现在就应该在舞台上
If any of them could really act, they’d be on stage.
查理 这是你的电报
Charlie, look. You must listen. It’s a telegram.
这意味着有人死了
That can only mean somebody’s died.
有人在加利佛尼亚 给我安排了一份工作
Some bloke offering me a job in California.
演电影
In the flickers.
电影不是舞台剧
It’s not legit in the flickers.
一周一百五十美金
$150 a week.
一周一百五十美金!
At $150 a week!
小心脚下
Watch your step.
再见
Bye, sir.
曼柯森纳特工作室
用力打他 弗莱德
Hit him harder, Fred!
用力一点
Harder!
使点劲 这不是礼拜学校在郊游
Put some effort in to it, boys! This ain’t no Sunday school picnic!
对 很好 继续
That’s right. Good! Again!
很好
Good, Fred.
准备好
Ready when you are, Mr. Sennett.
大家准备好了吗? 开始
Everyone set? Okay. Begin!
有人闯进了镜头
There’s someone in the shot.
继续拍 还在拍!
Keep cranking. Still cranking!
停 停!上帝啊!
Cut. Cut it! Jesus Christ!
这个白♥痴♥出现之前的 镜头还能用吗?
Were we good till the dummies come out?
请问哪位是曼柯森纳特先生?
Excuse me, miss? Can you tell me where I could find Mr. Mack Sennett?
你♥他♥妈♥在这里做什么?
What the hell do you think you’re doing?
恐怕你已经知道了
I’m afraid you just found him.
你好 先生 我是查理卓别林
How do you do, sir. I’m Charlie Chaplin.
你给我发了一封电报
Chaplin. You sent me a telegram.
蒙大纳州的布特市
Butte, Montana.
你雇用了 我一年 森纳特先生
You’ve hired me for a year, Mr. Sennett.
你不是卓别林
You can’t be Chaplin.
卓别林是我见过 最出色的喜剧醉鬼演员
The guy I hired did the best comedy drunk I ever saw.
但他老了
But he was old.
我不会每周花一百美金 雇佣一个乳臭未干的孩子
I don’t pay $100 a week to juveniles.
还要继续吗 老板? 不
Another one, boss? No, we’ll move on.
森纳特先生?
Mr. Sennett?

Okay.
你确实是卓别林
You might be Chaplin after all.
噢 是一百五十美金每周
Oh. It was $150, Mr. Sennett.
拍摄中的瑕疵
Plum in the middle of the shot. See?
你把这幕戏搞砸了 卓别林
You really screwed it up, didn’t you, Chaplin?
想办法把它处理掉 罗利
Fix it, will you, Rollie?
直到剪辑的时候再弄掉它
We don’t print till we cut it.
那是底片 孩子
That was negative, kid.
我知道这对你来说很新奇
Now, I know this is all new to you. But remember something, we’re all new.
这是一个新兴的行业
This is not an ancient industry.
一切都要赶时间
This whole place here is built around speed.
写故事 拍摄 那就是为什么我很容易厌倦
Start the story, start the chase. I get bored easy, is why.
剪掉多少? 几码?
How much do you reckon, Mack? A couple of yards of Mabel?
噢 不 试一下三英寸 但是不要以质量为代价
Yeah. No, make it three. But don’t go thinking we sacrifice quality.
我每个星期只拍两部片
I never make more than two motion pictures a week.
每一部花费1000美金
But I’ll spend up to $1, 000 on each of them if I have to.
怎么样了 罗利?
How we doing there, Rollie?
差不多完成了
In a moment, boss.
杜绝不必要的浪费 那是我的座右铭
“Waste not, want not.” That’s my motto, son.
等罗利处理完之后 没有人会看得出你在那里
When Rollie’s done, no one will ever know you were on that dirt road at all.
我在重新装卷
Just rewinding.
你现在所在的地方就是剪辑室
You’re on the cutting room floor, Chaplin. Not the place to be.
知道了
Got it.
忘记你以往所有的经验 你不是在剧院表演了
Go ahead, kid. Just forget everything you ever learned. You’re not in the theater anymore.
搞定
Yeah, that did it.
如果你需要我 就去梅布尔那里找我
Thanks, Rollie. If you need me, I’ll be with Mabel.
晚安 – 晚安
Good night, sir. – Good night, boss.
很难形容
Nothing quite like it.
拍电影的感觉
The feeling of film.
但是我有没有提起过 我对电影的恐惧?
But have I made it clear how much the movies terrified me?
没有 怎么了?
No, not really. Why?
噢 那你要帮我加上去
Oh, well, you’ve got to help me get that right.
我很畏惧 害怕极了
Nevertheless, I was right to be frightened. I was dreadful at the beginning.
森纳特后悔雇佣了我 我无法克服自己的恐惧
Sennett wished he’d never hired me. It was all I could do to keep control.
马里奥 格拉齐
Mario, grazie.
事实是 如果我没有发明那顶礼帽 我的表演根本就是一塌糊涂
The truth is I’d have been a total disaster if I hadn’t invented The Tramp.
我想就那个部分跟你谈谈
Yeah, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about the way you’ve written that.
思绪如泉涌 我想都没想就写了下来
I mean, the words just poured out. It practically wrote itself.
我刚为森纳特工作了一个月
Remember, I’d only been with Sennett for a month.
噢 那个神奇的时刻 当我走进陈衣室
Oh, that magical moment as I walked through the wardrobe door.
我觉得自己着魔一般
I felt possessed.
我可以感觉到它对我的呼唤
I could feel him calling out to me.
那顶黑色礼帽
The Tramp.
这是胡扯 你心里很清楚
Bullshit. And you know it.
但事实太无趣了 乔治
But the truth was so boring, George.
上帝啊
Jesus.
是你让他换个形象
You told him to get changed, remember?
变成什么 一副盔甲?
What’s he putting on? A suit of armor?
卓别林!滚上台来 立刻!
Chaplin! Chaplin! Get your ass on to the stage, right now!
别管那个英国佬了 开始拍
Forget the little limey. Get cranking, Rollie.
好!开始!
Okay! Begin!
所有人 各就各位
Very formal, everybody.
搞什么鬼? 他疯了
What the hell? He’s gone crazy.
我该怎么办?
What do I do? What do I do?
停 不 等等 继续
Cut it. No, wait, wait. Hold it. Keep it going.
或许他还没有彻底疯
Maybe he’s not so crazy after all. Photographer!
摄影师!亨利!用镜头对着他!
Henry, chase him around the camera!
好的 把他推回队伍里 其他人给点反应!这家伙是谁?
Okay, put him in line. Big reaction! Big reaction! Who is this?
趴下 亨利 趴下!
Stay down, Henry. Stay down!
新郎!吃醋的样子!吃醋!你可以演得好点吗!
Groom! Look jealous! Jealous!You can do better than that, can’t you?
梅布尔 看着他的礼帽 没错
Bride. Mabel, give the tramp the eye. That’s right.
对 对对对
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
女主妇 做出一副装腔作势的样子 这个流浪汉是谁? 很好 非常好
Matron, you’re real hoity-toity. Who is this bum? Good. Very good!
新郎 他想抢你的新娘子!
Groom, get mad. He’s trying to spoon your lovely bride!
女主妇 打他!
Matron, take a swing at him!
好!挨个倒地!挨个倒地!
All right! Domino fall! Domino fall!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!