we can move Mum somewhere better.
不要让我失望 – 我会努力的
Don’t let me down. -I’ll be great, Syd.
你不用怎么努力 只要闭嘴 逗乐就行了
You don’t have to be great. Just shut up and be funny.
你好 卡诺先生
Morning, Mr. Karno.
你好 西德尼 过来
Hello, Sydney. Come on over.
好 – 我们正要吃饭
All right. -We’ve got summat to eat.
那么 你提起过的那个弟弟怎么样了?
Now, then, what about this young brother of yours?
他一直在剧院打杂 卡诺先生
Well, you know, he’s been legit up to now, Mr. Karno.
但是他会唱歌♥跳舞
But he sings and he dances a treat.
西德尼 西德尼
Sydney, Sydney.
我这里已经有唱歌♥跳舞的演员了 我想你知道得很清楚
I’ve got song and dance men like you coming out of me ears.
我需要喜剧演员
I need comics.
他还会表演闹剧 非常有天赋 看看他
Yeah, well, his slapstick is fantastic. You know, he’s got the knack. Watch him.
他还会表演其它的 你知道 很多东西
He can do more, you know. More stuff.
但愿如此
I hope so.
见鬼!
Bloody hell!
你没事吧? – 没事
You all right, kid? -Yes.
就这么想要这份工作吗?
Need the job that bad, eh?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
表演喜剧要让人知道你是谁 来自哪里
You know what comedy is? Knowing who you are and where you come from.
必须尽善尽美 – 好
And it’s got to be perfection. -Yes, sir.
我现在可以上岸了吗? – 可以
Can I come out now? -You may.
到现在为止大家度过了 个美好的夜晚 对吧?
Ladies and gentlemen, it’s been a great evening so far, hasn’t it?
我发誓 你们会喜欢下一个节日
Well, I promise you, you are going to love the next act.
人人都爱大象
Everybody loves elephants.
在我们的舞台上 你们将见到二十头巨大优美的动物
And, right here on our stage,you will see 20 of the largest, most graceful specimens.
它们来自丛林
These are straight from the jungle.
先生 请容许我
Do you mind, sir?
向你们献上会跳舞的大象
I’m trying to introduce our dancing elephants.
请坐在你的位置上 先生
Do please take your seat, sir.
坐下 先生!
Sit down, sir!
坐好 先生!
Take your feet down, sir!
拿出一点尊严来!
Show a little respect!
现在 女士们先生们 为我们下一个 节日热烈地鼓掌吧!
And now, ladies and gentlemen, a very big round of applause for our next act!
波恩顿上校 和他天生丽质的厚皮动物!
Captain Boytom and his pulchritudinous pachyderms!
说真的 先生!你太过分了
Oh, no, really, sir! This is too much.
请记清楚 先生 这里是娱乐的地方
Kindly remember, sir, this is a place of entertainment,
不是酒馆 也不是给酒鬼准备的休息室!
not a four-ale bar or a rest home for inebriates!
现在 你给我坐端正
Now, sit down and behave yourself.
女士们先生们 这位是查理卓别林先生!
Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Charles Chaplin!
晚上好
Good evening.
先生们女士们,让我们继续
Ladies and gentlemen, for your continuing enjoyment…
饼干味道怎么样? – 很好,亲爱的
How do, cookie? -All right, dearie?
你好 查理 – 你好 宝贝
Hello, Charlie. -Hello, Laurie love.
我听说今晚你们老板来了 – 我看到了
Hear your governor’s in tonight. -Yeah, I saw him.
嘿 亲爱的
Hello, love.
查理 来帮我整理一下衣服 好吗?
Hey, Charlie, come and do me up, will you, love?
我快迟到了!
I’m that late!
我赶不上了
I’m never going to make it.
什么时候开始?
So, when did it start?
今天下午 他才四岁
This afternoon. He’s only four.
咳嗽得要命
I thought he’d cough his little heart out.
可能是哮喘 叫个医生来看看
It could be the croup. You should call a doctor.
我请不起医生!
I can’t afford no doctor!
扬基舞 还有五分钟!
Yankee Doodles, five minutes, please!
给他一点,告诉他你稍后会付剩下的钱
Just give him a bit and say you’ll pay the rest later.
来吧 女孩们 该上台了
WOCome on, girls, you’ll be off. Get a move on!
这该死的东西关不上
WOCan’t get this blasted thing to close.
昨天我的哈里来了 他说你很歇斯底里!
Here, Charlie, my Harry was in last night. He thought you were hysterical!
我看起来如何?
Charlie, now, how do I look?
很好 很好
Fine. Yeah, fine.
你是个好男孩 查理 你救了我
You’re a good boy, Charlie. Saved my bacon.
愚蠢…
Stupid…
你在这里做什么?
What are you doing in here?
其他人不介意
The others don’t mind.
我介意!
Well, I do!
你一定是新来的
You must be new.
我会去投诉你 我要告诉卡诺先生
I’m going to complain. I’ll tell Mr. Karno.
肮脏的废物 – 嘴唇
Dirty, little good-for-nothing. – Lips.
什么?
What?
嘴唇
Lips.

Oh, no.
这里
Here.
我还是会去投诉
I’m still going to complain.
噢 谢谢
Well, thanks, I suppose.
又是最后一个?
Last again?
晚安 女士
Good evening, my lady.
晚安 – 晚安
Evening, my Lord. -Evening, Joe.
我帮你拿外套
Here, give us your coat.
谢谢 – 外套
Thank you. -Coat, sir?
谢谢 – 谢谢
Thank you, madam. -Thank you.
你的帽子
And your hat, sir.
往其它方向看
Go! Look the other way.
你好 你好 看看是谁来镇上了?
Hello, hello, who’s out on the town, then?
晚上好 老板 – 还穿着我的燕尾服!
Evening, Governor. -And in my tails, at that!
夫人
Mrs. Karno.
不要把它弄脏了 小伙子 那套西服花了我一大笔钱
Don’t go spilling nothing down your front, my lad.Cost me good money, did that suit.
弗莱德 你这个老恶魔
Ah, Fred, you are a one.
弗莱德 你这个老恶魔
You want to watch him, darling.
明天他会在观众席上
This time tomorrow, be on the high seas.
别说我没提醒你
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
哎呀。
Cor blimey.
晚上好 我订了一张台
Good evening. I booked a table.
我叫查理
Name of Chaplin.
我一个星期前订的
I booked it a week ago.
这里没有记录 先生
There’s nothing here, sir.
我们已经满人了
We’re fully booked.
肯定是搞错了
There must be some error.
我真的订了位子
I really did book that table. You know?
我知道
I know.
一定是那个家伙 看见我们和卡诺一起
You know, it’s ’cause that geezer’s seen us with Karno.
他们不想让戏子 进去他们豪华的餐厅
And they won’t have theatricals in them fancy places.
你等着 总有一天他们会求我们进去
You wait. Someday they’ll beg.
我们会堂而皇之地走进去 你跟我两个
Yeah, we’ll walk in there, you and me.
你穿着皮大衣 满身珠宝 我带着口哨
You in a fur, dripping jewels, me in me own whistle.
口哨?
Whistle?
口哨和长笛
Yeah, whistle and flute. Suit.
噢 好吧
Oh. I see.
你愿意嫁给我吗?
Will you marry me?

No.
我的珠宝从哪儿来?
I mean, where would I get the jewels, anyway?
我送给你 订婚戒指 结婚的头冠 红宝石…
From me, you know. Engagement rings, wedding tiaras, rubies, diamonds, pearls, emeralds…
查理 我不能嫁给你
Charlie, I can’t marry you.
为什么不行
I can’t think of any reason why not.
我只有十六岁
Well, I’m only 16.
但是你会长大的 还有别的原因吗?
Yeah, well, you know, you get older. Why else?
我们根本不了解 这是我们第一次约会
Well, we hardly know each other.This is the first time we spent more than a couple of minutes together.
等我从美国回来 我们会有更多的时间在一起
All right, well, when I get back from America, we’ll spend more time together.
还有…?
Why else?
你是认真的吗?
Charlie, are you serious?
你说真的吗 查理?
Well, were you, Charlie?
你说你是 我想确认一下
Cause you say you were.I just want to make sure you got down exactly what you meant. That’s all.
好像是在第四十页 – 三十三页
It’s on page 40-something. -33.
找到了
Yes.
你甚至还没有吻过她
I mean, you never even kissed her.
你以为我不知道吗?
You think I don’t know that?
好吧 让我退回去一点
Okay, I’ll just backtrack for a moment. Um…
你送你母亲去精神病院之后的
After you had your mother committed to the asylum,
那段时间你一笔带过了
it all gets a bit vague.
你不觉得吗? – 没错
Don’t you think? -Yes, it does.
为什么?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!