那是谁? – 初入社交圈的女孩
Who’s that? -Ah, the debutante.
想让你帮她一个忙
You’re doing a favor for her agent.
不要再来一个想当演员的女孩了 没完没了
Oh, not another one that wants to act. It’s endless. Endless!
这是最后一次
This is the last time.
她们以为当演员很容易
They all think it’s so easy, you know.
我敢打赌 她小时候肯定想当消防员
I bet when she was 10, she wanted to be a fireman.
半小时后 我要去见一个重要的人 -好
Tell you what, you have half an hour, then get me out of it. Some appointment. -Right.
重要的人 – 交给我吧
Someone important. -Leave it to me.
卓别林先生?
Mr. Chaplin?
我是乌纳奥尼尔
I’m Oona O’Neill.
我的代理人刚刚说已经三点了
My agent did say 3:00.
如果我打扰了你的雅兴 我可以走…
But if I’m interrupting your game, I can always come back…
不 不
No! No.
我在等你
I was waiting for you.
我一般在下午四点钟的时候喝下午茶
I always have tea at 4:00.
你当演员多久了? – 今年夏天开始的
So how long have you been in Hollywood? -Just this summer.
我的经纪人帮我在福克斯公♥司♥安排了一次试镜
My agent got me a screen test at Fox.
他们会跟你签约吗?
They gonna put you under contract?
不知道
I don’t know.
你会告诉我吗?
You tell me.
是的 如果你想知道的话
Yes, if you want me to.
查理!
Uh, Charlie!
不好意思 你该去开会了
Charlie, excuse me. It’s nearly time for your appointment.
开会?
Appointment?
约会
Appointment.
跟谁?
Who’s it with, Frank?
噢 弗莱德
Uh, Fred.
弗莱德 不是弗莱德阿斯达吧
Fred. Not Astaire again.
没错
That’s right.
还有金基尔?
Ginger, too?
有可能
Could be.
我受够他们了
Mmm. Well, I’m sick of them.
我已经不想再教他们任何东西了
Tell them I’ve got nothing more to teach them.
让他们自己处理吧
They’re gonna have to try and make it on their own.
好吧
Right.
对不起 我让他来打断我 如果我…
I’m sorry. I asked him to interrupt in case I was…
我是说 如果你…
I mean, in case you were…
我没有去过英国
I’ve never been to England.
你跳舞跳得好
You’re a good dancer.
今晚首映的全部收益
将捐献给海外美国士兵的亲属
乔治 我把这作为结尾
George, I’ve just written this for the end.
过去20年的时间 让我明白了什么是快乐
For the last 20 years I have known what happiness means.
但愿我可以写得更多 但是 这涉及到爱
I wish I could write more about this. But it involves love.
完美的爱情是所有 挫败中最美好的
And perfect love is the most beautiful of all frustrations.
因为它超越了言语的表达
Because it is more than one can express.
不好意思
Excuse me.
不好意思 先生 – 说吧 亨利
Um… Excuse me, sir. -Yes, Henry.
抱歉打扰
I’m sorry for the intrusion, sir.
没事 进来吧
No, it’s all right. Come in. Come in.
什么事?
What is it, Henry?
嗯,我不太确定,先生。
Well, I’m not quite sure, sir.
我刚接到巴里小姐 打来的电♥话♥ 先生
I just took a call from Miss Barry, sir.
她想让我告诉你她怀孕了
She wanted me to tell you, sir, that she’s pregnant, sir.
我从来没有… 我开始之前…
I never… Um… Before I started…
查理在哪儿?
Where’s Mr. Charles?
跟哈里一起
With Harry.
他现在可能去片场了
Oh, he may be on the stage by now.
查理在这里吗?
Mr. Charles, he down there?
查理 好的
Charlie. Okay.
她会放弃父子关系的起诉 她的律师说她愿意庭外和解
She’ll drop the paternity suit. I just talked to her lawyers, she’ll settle.
不 – 什么?
No. -What?
听着
Well, just listen.
她要求十五万美金的赔偿 跟官司比起来 这不算什么
She’ll take $150,000. And that’s nothing, not compared to a trial.
她说她是在圣诞节那天怀上的
She says you did it at Christmas when she came to your house.
早上好 玛丽 – 早上好
Morning, Mary. – Good morning.
孩子 没有比这更好的办法了
Kid, I’ve been making deals for you all our lives. I’ve never made one this good.
我们圣诞节之前已经分手了 那不是我的孩于
It was over long before Christmas. It can’t be my child.
给钱就能平息这件事
Just get it out of the way.
我不能那样做
I can’t do that.
我不想让乌纳误会 我必须证明我的清白
I’ve got Oona to think of now. Syd, I’ve got to prove my innocence.
我很愿意证明你的清白 但是怎么证明?
Look, I’m all for proving your innocence, kid. But how?
去找他们
Go back to them.
帮我个忙
I beg you.
让他们进行亲子鉴定
Get them to agree to a blood test.
所以那晚 你去了他的住处
So that night when you went to his house,
你有和卓别林先生 发生性关系吗?
did you and Mr. Chaplin have sexual relations?
这还不明显吗?
Doesn’t it look like it?
我在问你问题
Never mind what it looks like.
你们有做♥爱♥吗? 查理
Did you have sexual relations with Mr. Chaplin?
她说她有 不然她为什么会同意进行亲于鉴定?
She just said she did. Why else would she agree to the blood tests?
第二天早上 他叫了一辆出租车
The next morning he just called a cab.
把我打发了
Paid me off.
他想找个更年轻 更优雅的女孩
He wanted somebody younger, classier.
不是吗?
Didn’t he?
是的 谢谢
Yes, thank you.
结束了
It’s all over.
鉴定结果证实那不是我的孩子
The blood test prove it’s not my baby.
让我们把所谓的 亲子鉴定搁在一边
Right, let’s just forget all this new-fangled rubbish about blood tests.
大家不要忘记
Let’s put it out of our minds.
他的地位可以带给他各种特权
His Honor has ruled them inadmissible.
现在重要的是 这个可怜的孩子将来靠什么生活
What is important now is the financial future of this poor child.
美国要维护的是她的未来
It is her future the state of California is here to protect.
让我愤怒的是
It makes me mad
这个家伙想把我们都当成傻子
to watch the way this fellow tries to put it over us simpletons.
这个舞台上荧屏上的伟大巨星
This great star of stage and screen, this alien,
30年来享受着我们的热情好客
who has enjoyed the hospitality of our country for nearly 30 years
却从来没有申请过美国国籍
without ever once, ever once, deigning to apply for American citizenship.
卓别林利用 他的财富做过什么善举?
But what good has all this money done Chaplin?
浪费时间勾引女孩子
Wasting his substance in debauching girls.
他为美国做过什么贡献?
What good has it done the country?
这是共♥产♥主义的行为
This is the kind of stuff that makes for communism.
而我的委托人恰恰相反
Now my client, on the other hand,
上帝啊
is, alas
并不比卓别林高尚
no more moral than Chaplin.
啊 是的 是的 他们两个人都有罪
Yes. Yes. They’re both equally guilty.
只是卓别林的年龄 已经够当她父亲
Only, Chaplin is old enough to be her father.
身边围绕着年轻女孩
Prowling around with girls that age.
陪审团成员们 用你们的常识考虑一下 然后再看看这个人
Members of the jury, use your God-given common sense, and just look at this man.
这个品德败坏的伦敦流氓
This cheap, Cockney cad.
这个
This
戴礼帽的小丑
little tramp.
然后再仔细看一看
And then take a very good look
无辜的卡洛安
at innocent little Carol Ann.
我就不信你们看不出 他们的相似之处
I defy you not to see the resemblance.
女士们 先生们…
Gentlemen and ladies,
所有的妻子丈夫 都关注着你们
wives and mothers around the country are watching you.
等着看你们阻止卓别林的劣迹
Watching to see you stop Chaplin in his tracks.
给这个孩子一个名分 你们今晚才不会因愧疚而失眠
You’ll sleep well the night you give this baby a name.
今晚你们要告诉这个好色之徒
The night you show this lecher
法律的含义 就像是对待街上的盲流
that the law means him as well as the bums on skid row.
有罪!卓别林的孩子每个星期将 得到75美金的抚养费
卓别林必须抚养孩于
卓别林面临 共♥产♥主义分子身份调查
卓别林涉嫌共♥产♥主义运动
卓别林加入共♥产♥党和平组织
我不是共♥产♥党 卓别林说
卓别林颜面扫地
这是一个众星云集的夜晚
It’s a star-studded evening here.
查理卓别林和他可爱的妻子 乌纳
Here is Charlie Chaplin with his lovely wife, Oona.
这边 卓别林夫人 您今晚很漂亮
There goes Mrs. Chaplin, looking gorgeous this evening
挽着她著名的找你丈夫的手
on the arm of her famous husband…
你是共♥产♥主义者吗 卓别林先生?
Are you a communist, Mr. Chaplin?
你是共♥产♥主义追随者吗? – 卓别林先生
Are you a fellow traveler? -Mr. Chaplin…
你会参加麦卡锡听证吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!