这是一个令人敬佩的姿态 但没必要的
It’s an admirable gesture, but it’s unnecessary.
这是没必要的 因为你已经向法♥院♥
It’s unnecessary because you’ve already filed…
提交了财产继承权了
The power of appointment with the court.
就在五点前一件密封函已经送到法官那去了
A bonded courier delivered it to the judge just before 5:00
法警已经收下了
And her bailiff signed for it.
你的致歉声明看上去很懊悔 这绝对是很专业的
Your note of apology was contrite,but it was absoluty. bullshit.
事情被处理的面面俱到了
Everything’s taken care of.
你提交了一份伪证 胡说
You filed a forgery. bullshit.
我提交的是我必须提交的 而那份碰巧
I filed what i had to file. what happened to
被你弄丢了的 时间紧迫
You just disappeared. time was up.
别这样 你怕被我们抛弃
Come on. you scared the hell out of us.
我不知该做什么
I didn’t know what to do.
那么你终于触犯了底线?
So you finally hit rock bottom?
今天你差点杀了一个人 明天你可能就走的更远
Today you almost killed a guy.tomorrow you mighr alive with hope
继续做下一件蠢事 你就可以开始信教了
Keep doing the next wrong thing, you could start a religion.
使清醒者去酗酒 别告诉他们
Convince the so ber to drink. don’t tell them…
每个人要带着希望生活着
To keep each other alive with hope.
今天你也看见了 所有的事情是通过一份契约联♥系♥在一起的
You saw today that everything decentis held togethery morning…
一份不是随随便便的约定!
An agreement not to go bat shit!
你破坏了约定! 我没有喝酒!
You broke the contract! i didn’t have a drink!
好吧 哦! 谢谢你的分享!
Well, wow! thank you for sharing!
你今天没有喝酒! 好令人振奋!
You didn’t have a drink today! what an inspiration!
那才是关键的 不是吗?
That’s the point, isn’t it?
上帝!
God!
知道吗 任何时候 烂醉真的不是安慰
You know, booze isn’t really your drug of choice anyway.
你沉溺于混乱之中
You’re addicted to chaos.
对我们中的某些人 它是可乐 对我们中的某些人 它是波旁酒
For some of us, it’s coke. for some of us, it’s bourbon.
但对于你 你是无药可救了
But you, you got hooked on disaster.
操!
Fuck!
这才是你应该去做的
Here’s what you shouid do.
星期一早晨你就起来
You get up monday morning…
搭架飞机去得克萨斯
And you get yourself on a plane to texas.
带上这封信
Take that letter with you.
当你到了得克萨斯的时候
When you get to texas…
你加入某个在死囚的辩护团
You get on the defense team of somebody on death row.
然后竭尽全力把那人从死刑台上救下来
And then put all your energy intosaving a man fenters in them
然后你几个月后再回来
And then come on back here in a few months.
你要告密 去吧
You still wanna confess, go ahead.
快去吧
Come on.
你以为Simon Dunne是怎么赚到钱的?
How the hell do you think simon dunne got his money?
你以为那些在马来西亚的工厂
You think those factories in malaysia…
有间托儿中心吗?
Have daycare centers in them?
想查查他在墨西哥的化学工厂的污染水平吗
Wanna check the pollution levels ofhis chemical plae good than harm
或看看他从这个基金里获取的税收收益?
Or look at the tax benefllts he got from this foundation?
这整个就是一根钢丝
This is all a tightrope.
你必须学会去平衡
You gotta learn to balance.
你怎么能那样子生活?
How can you live like that?
我自己能够生活 因为从今天起
I can live with myself because at the end of the day…
我想我将做好事多过伤害
I think i do more good than harm.
我能用什么标准来判断呢?
What other standard have i got to judge by?
我要谢谢你
I have to thank you.
因为房♥子?
For the house?
我知道你曾努力去做的事 但是
I understand what you were trying to do, but…
我妻子已经走了 她带走了孩子
My wife’s moving, she’s taking the boys.
现在那房♥子对我而言是太大了
The house is a little bit too much for me right now.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我是个差劲的不牢靠的父亲
I was a horribly unstable father.
Valerie也说了 我永远不能见到他们了
And valerie says i’ll never see them again.
但你知道吗?
But you know what?
我会的
I will.
我会在一年或二年后见到他们的
I’ll see ’em in a year or two…
也许要三年
May be three.
我要去波特兰 我要打电♥话♥给她
I’ll go to portland, i’ll call her…
我将找到一个重新做他们父亲的方式
And i’ll find a way to be their father again.
你怎么样了?
How about you?
嗯
Well…
我得到文件了
I have the file…
但是我不再需要它了
But i don’t need it anymore.
事情已经被处理好了
It’s been taken care of.
知道吗 就像这事从来没有发生过
You know. it never happened.
但是这确实发生了 对吗?
But it did happen. right?
对
Right.
那么 现在怎么办?
So, now what?
我要去和我妻子吃晚饭
I’m going to dinner with my wife…
还有她的父母
Her parents.
这个周末 我将要去看条船
And this weekend, i’m gonna go look at a boat.
然后在星期一 我将要回到这里工作
And then on monday, i’m gonna
然后
And then…
这一切就像魔术
Magically this whole…
不知原因 不可思议的一天
Incredible day just somehow…
成了一个记忆
Becomes a memory.
这就像你去海滩 你入到水里
It’s like you go to the beach. you go down to the water.
有点冷了 你也不确定你是否想继续下去
It’s a little cold. you’re not sure if you wanna go in.
那里有个可爱的女孩子站在你旁边
There’s a pretty girl standing next to you.
她也不想继续下去 她看着你
She doesn’t wanna go in either. she sees you.
你知道
And you know…
你只要问问她的名字
If you just asked her her name…
你就会和她一起走
You would leave with her.
忘记你的生活 谁和你一起来的
Forget your life, whoever you came with…
和她一起离开海滩
And leave the beach with her.
从那天以后
And after that day…
你就想着她
You remember her.
不只是每天 每周
Not every day, every week.
她向你走来
She comes back to you.
这是个关于
It’s the memory…
另一种生活的记忆
Of another life…
而这种生活是你或曾有过的
You could’ve had.
今天就像那个女孩
Today is that girl.
我对我所做的很抱歉
I’m sorry about what i did.
我也是
Me too.
你把文件还回来了
You brought the file back.
当你做完这些时 在那个小山上有个相当有趣的小地方
When you’re done, there’s a lovelylittle place onhis, my dear
那里你能得到一杯
Where you can get a
Cappuccino 对 就是那样 亲爱的
Cappuccino. yes, that’s right, dear.
它们是可爱的cappuccinos 它非常的干净 也十分酷
They’re lovely cappuccinos, and it’s clean and it’s cool.
他们在墙上有些画 真是相当的有意思
They have these prints on the wall.they’re reallythis, my dear
我不知道是谁做的 是那个艺术家
I don’t know who they’re by. they’re by that artist
卡夏尔 对 是卡夏尔的作品
Chagall. right. they’re chagalls.
那里有三件 是早期的卡夏尔作品
There’s three of them. they’re early chagalls.
我想是他访问那里的时候画的
I think he painted them when he was visiting there.
今晚我漏了什么吗?
Am i missing something this evening?
这是什么? 这个 亲爱的
What is this? this, my dear
这是Simon Dunne的
This is simon dunne’s…
财产继承权
Power of appointment.
我取回来了 不 你没有
I got it back. no, you didn’t.
不是 我取回来了 就是它了 别这样
Yes, i did. this is it. please.
这件事过去了 不是吗? 我们不是已经把它当成过去了吗?
This is behind us, isn’t it? haven’t we put this behind us?
我在想你和我说过的话
I was thinking about what you said to me.
就是今天最后你说的 关于做好事多过伤害
About the end of the day about doing more good than harm.
是你说的吗 是不是?
That is what you said, isn’t it?
你想干涉我 我不是干涉你 先生
Don’t you fuck with me. i am not fucking with you, sir.
你能够想像如果法官得到这份文件时
Can you imagine how unpleasant it would be…
有多么不开心吗?
If the judge got ahold of this file?
那不会发生的 那不会发生的 Gavin
That’s not gonna happen. that’s not gonna happen, gavin.
我想我可能要了甲鱼
I think i might order the snapper.
我要保存这份文件 我要把它放到一个非常安全的地方去
I’m gonna hold onto this file. i’mgonna keep it in aer’s foundation.
但是我不会去得克萨斯的
But i’m not going to texas.
我要星期一回来工作
I’m gonna come back into work on monday.
我将开始做法律无偿援助的工作 那也是你推荐我去做的
I’m gonna start doing that pro bonowork that you recot from our office.
但我将在我们的办公室里做
But i’m gonna do it from our office.