谁知道那神经病对你儿子做了什么?
He could have had him circumcised. He could have…
他可能帮他割了包皮 他可能
Made him shorter?
让他变矮?
Why aren’t you listening to me?
你为什么不听我说呢?
I am listening, damn it, I am listening.
我听着呢 该死的 我在听
And I understand your feelings.
我明白你的感受
He’s changed, no mistake, and that’s…
他变了 没错 而且
You’ve both been through a terrible experience,
你们俩都饱受折磨
and that’s why he needs your love and support to bounce back.
所以他更需要你的关爱来走出阴影
He’s not my son!
他不是我儿子!
Why are you doing this, Mrs. Collins?
你为什么非要这样 Collins夫人?
Why are you doing this?
为什么非要这样?
You seem perfectly capable of taking care of the boy.
照顾那孩子对你而言是力所能及的
Your job pays you enough to attend to his personal needs,
你的工资足以让他吃饱穿暖
so I don’t understand why you’re running away
我不懂你为什么要逃避
from your responsibilities as a mother.
作为一个母亲的责任
I am not running away from anything!
我没有逃避任何事情!
Least of all my responsibilities!
至少没逃避我的责任!
I am even taking care of that boy right now,
我甚至愿意照顾那孩子 现在
because I am all he has!
因为我是他唯一的依靠!
What worries me is that you have stopped looking for my son!
我只是害怕你们不再继续找我儿子!
Why should we be looking for someone we’ve already found?
为什么我们要找一个已经找到的人?
Because you have not found him.
因为你们根本就没找到
His identity has been confirmed
他的身份已经确认过了
by the best minds in the field of child identification,
由儿童鉴定领域的专家确认过
people who know what they’re doing.
他们知道怎么判断那是不是你儿子
And I don’t?
难道我不知道吗?
I’m sorry.
很抱歉
I appreciate everything that this department has done
我很感谢你们所做的一切
and I know how hard you’re working.
我也知道你们兢兢业业
I really do, and I don’t want to cause any trouble.
但我真的不是来惹是生非的
I just… There has been a terrible mistake,
只是 这真的是个弥天大错
and I need you to help me correct it,
我希望你们帮我一起补救
so I can find my son before it’s too late.
帮我找回我儿子 趁还来得及
Please.
求你了
I won’t take up any more of your time. I’m sorry I got upset.
不耽误你了 很抱歉我失态了
I’m sorry, very sorry.
抱歉 非常抱歉
SARA: Yes, Captain?
是的 长官?
Sara, get Dr. Tarr on the phone.
Sara 接通Tarr医生的电话
Yes, sir.
好的 长官
Mrs. Collins? Yes?
Collins夫人? 是我
Dr. Earl W. Tarr.
我是Earl W Tarr医生
Captain Jones sent me.
Jones队长让我来的
I consult with him from time to time on juvenile cases.
我经常和他探讨青少年案件
May I come in?
能进去吗?
Yes, thank you for coming.
请进 谢谢你过来
I was beginning to think he didn’t believe me.
我开始觉得他有些不相信我
Well, I’m here now, and we’ll put all that to rights.
噢 我过来就是为了把事情都解决的
Where’s the boy?
孩子呢?
Ah! There he is.
啊! 在这里
A handsome young man.
小帅哥
He has your eyes, doesn’t he?
他眼睛长得很像你 不是吗?
And a little bit of the nose.
鼻子也有点像
Very fit, in spite of all his travails.
身体很健康 虽然吃了不少苦
Collins夫人 A very resilient boy you’ve got here, Mrs. Collins.
你的孩子适应力很强
I thought you were here to help me.
我以为你是来帮我的
Well, I am.
是的 当然
Captain Jones said that the boy had been through some severe physical changes
听Jones队长说 这孩子发生了些重大的生理变化
and asked me to drop in on him
要我顺道过来看看
to reassure you in your time of motherly concern.
让你可以安心地倾注母爱
My motherly concern is not for him because he’s not my son.
我的母爱不是用来关怀他的 因为他不是我儿子
Now, statements like that will hardly help the boy’s self esteem,
现在你这么说会伤害他的自尊心的
now will they?
不是吗?
Captain Jones said something about a change in height?
Jones说什么他的身高不一样了?
Yes.
是的
Come.
过来
Against the wall.
靠着墙
CHRISTINE: He’s three inches shorter.
他矮了3英寸
Ah, well…
啊 好吧
Hardly a mystery, Mrs. Collins.
这一点也不奇怪 Collins夫人
We’ve known for some time that trauma can affect the growth of children.
要知道创伤是会影响孩子的成长的
Given the stress of the past five months,
过去5个月他备受重压
his spine may have actually shrunk.
他的脊椎也会因此缩短
It’s uncommon, but it’s within the realm of possibility.
这并不常见 但合乎常理
And circumcision?
那割过包皮呢?
Very likely his abductor thought it appropriate.
很可能诱拐者觉得有这必要
After all, circumcision is hygienically sound.
毕竟割了包皮更为健康合理
Must have been quite traumatic at the time.
一定是那时造成的创伤
No wonder he’s submerged the memory.
无疑 他尘封了那段记忆
I…
我
You see, there’s a perfectly sound medical explanation for all of this.
你看 这些问题都有合理的医学解释
But it’s right for you to raise the questions.
但是 你提出质疑也是应该的
You need to be apprised of all changes the lad went through
你需要知道这孩子的一切变化
during his absence.
在他失踪期间
Wouldn’t I know whether or not he’s my son?
难道我不知道他是不是我儿子吗?
I’m the mother.
我是他妈!
Which means you’re in no position to be objective.
这也说明你的立场不客观
You are looking through the prism of extreme emotion at a boy
你用偏激的目光看待那孩子
who has changed from what you remember.
他只是不同于你的记忆
He isn’t the same boy that left here.
他已不再是当初的他了
Just as a boy that goes off to war and then returns
好比去参军的孩子回来了
is not the same anymore.
一定像变了一个人似的
And a mother’s heart, driven by intuition and emotion,
一个被直觉和情绪束缚住的母亲
sees these changes and rebels,
发现了这些变化而无法接受
insists that this isn’t your son.
即使你坚持那不是你的孩子
Doesn’t change the facts.
也并不能改变事实
I’m willing to put my theory to the test of objectivity, Mrs. Collins.
我很乐意用我的学识 来判断客观事实 Collins夫人
Are you?
你呢?
CHRISTINE: It is absolutely outrageous!
真让人无法忍受!
Calm yourself, calm yourself and just listen to me.
冷静 冷静点 听我说
No, no, no. No, you listen to me, please.
不不不 你听我说 好吗
This so called doctor paraded me around my own neighborhood,
这个所谓的医生 带着我在邻里游街
like some kind of a derelict mother who didn’t even know her own son.
就好像我是个 不认儿子的混球老妈
JONES: And what was his findings?
那他有什么发现?
He found what he expected to find,
他发现了他该发现的
what you obviously told him he would find.
也就是你要他发现的
Mrs. Collins. But that’s not…
Collins夫人 那不是
That’s nothing to be embarrassed about.
那没什么好让你感到局促不安的
That I was embarrassed is not the issue.
我感到局促不安的不是这事
The point is that you are wasting time
而是你一直在浪费时间
when you should be looking for my son.
浪费了你用来找我儿子的时间
But the report is final, Mrs. Collins.
这案子已经结了 Collins夫人
Well, then I want to receive the report, so I can refute it,
好吧 那把结案报告给我 让我反驳它
before it goes to anyone else.
在别人得手之前
Fine.
好吧
Yes. Good day.
好的 再见
I’m finished. Could I go to my room now?
我吃完了 现在可以回房了吗?
Yes.
可以
Good night, Mommy.
晚安 妈咪
Stop saying that!
别那么叫!
Stop saying that!
不许你那么叫!
I’m not your mother!
我不是你妈!
I want my son back.
我只要我儿子
You’re not him. You’re not my son!
你不是 你不是我儿子!
I want my son back.
我只要我儿子
I want my son back!
我要我儿子回来!
Damn you!
你见鬼去吧!
I want my son back!
我只要我儿子!
I was wrong to yell at you.
我不该冲你喊
You’re just a child
你只是个孩子
and I don’t think you know what you’re doing,