这儿有好多媒体
Yours is a story with a happy ending, Mrs. Collins.
你的故事有个大团圆结局 Collins太太
People love happy endings.
人们都热爱大团圆结局
We better get a move on, the train’s pulling in.
我们最好动作快点儿 火车就要进站了
Back, boys. Back.
后退 伙计们 后退
Thanks. Thanks, boys, thanks!
谢谢 谢谢 伙计们 谢谢!
I’ll have a statement for you in a few minutes,
几分钟后我会为大家做个声明
but the important thing right now
但现在最紧要的
is to reunite this little lady with her son,
是让这位可怜的女士和她的孩子重逢
so if you’ll excuse us.
抱歉了
GUARD: Stay right there. Come on, don’t rush.
站住 别这样 不要挤
Easy, easy.
别急 别急
Mrs. Collins, I’d like to introduce you to James E. Davis,
Collins太太 让我为你介绍James E Davis
Chief of Police.
我们的警察局长
Very nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你
We don’t get a lot of positive attention
我们没有得到太多积极的关注
from the boys in the press these days,
这些天来 我们可没得到 新闻媒体的什么好评
so it’s good to be here with a positive story, don’t you think?
现在这个消息真可谓雪中送炭 你说是吗
Yes, sir.
是啊
I take it you’ve been treated well by my boys in the department?
我们局里的同事对你还不错吧?
I couldn’t file a report for 24 hours,
他们说过24小时内不接受 儿童失踪报案
and I thought that maybe that was a…
我想那可能是
Technicalities aside.
技术性失误
It was wonderful.
那就好
Well, good.
没错
Then you won’t have any trouble telling that to the press,
还有 把这告诉媒体 对你而言轻而易举
and the fact that the LAPD…
其实洛杉矶警察局
Women.
女人就是这样
Hold on a second.
等我一下
Back, boys, back.
退后 伙计们 退后
Keep them back.
别让他们跟过来
Well, aren’t you… Aren’t you gonna…
好的 那么你 你要不要
That’s not my son.
那不是我儿子
What?
什么?
What are you saying?
你说什么?
It’s not my son.
他不是我儿子
JONES: Well, I’m sure you’re mistaken.
噢 你肯定搞错了
I’m not mistaken.
我没搞错
Well, he’s been through five terrible long months.
是吗 他已经遭受了五个月的磨难
He’s lost weight, he’s changed.
他瘦了 样子变了
I would know my own son.
我认得出我儿子
All I’m saying is you’re in shock and he’s changed.
只能说你还在震惊之中 而他只是变了点模样
What’s your name? Can you tell me your name?
你叫什么名字? 能告诉我吗?
Walter Collins.
Walter Collins
It’s a common name.
那是个大众化的名字
Where do you live, Walter? You know your home address?
你家在哪里 Walter? 知道地址吗?
I live at 210 Avenue 23,
我家在第二十三大街210号
Los Angeles, California.
洛杉矶 加利福尼亚州
And that’s my mommy!
她就是我妈妈!
Mrs. Collins, listen to me. I understand.
Collins夫人 听我说 我明白
You’re feeling a little uncertain right now, and that’s to be expected.
你现在还心存疑惑 那情有可原
A boy this age, he changes so fast.
这个年纪的孩子 身体长得很快
We’ve compensated for that in our investigation.
我们在调查中已经解释了这个疑点
And there’s no question that this is your son.
毫无疑问 他就是你儿子
That is not Walter.
他不是Walter
It’s not Walter as you remember him.
他不是曾经的Walter
And that’s why it’s important for you to take him home on a trial basis.
这就是为什么我们要让你 试着接受他的原因
A trial basis?
试着接受?
Yes, yes.
是的 没错
Once he’s around his familiar surroundings,
一旦他回到了熟悉的环境
and you’ve given yourself time to recover from the shock of his changed condition,
你也会从震惊中恢复过来 渐渐习惯他的改变
you will see that this is your Walter.
你会发现他就是Walter
Now, I promise you, I swear to you, I give you my word.
现在 我保证 我发誓 我向你郑重承诺
This is your son.
他就是你儿子
Now, if you have any problems, any problems at all, you come and you talk to me.
如果你有什么问题 任何的问题 都来找我
I’ll take care of it.
我会帮你搞定
I give you my word. Trust me.
我向你保证 相信我
Mrs. Collins, he has nowhere else to go.
Collins夫人 他别无归宿
Please.
拜托你了
Maybe I’m not thinking clearly.
或许是我没记清楚
And…
嗯 嗯
All right.
好 好吧
All right, you’re not thinking clearly, that’s right.
是的 是你没记清楚 没错
MAN: Here we go!
我们过去!
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢你
Here, just turn around here.
过来 转过身
How does it feel to have your son home, Mrs. Collins?
儿子找回来了 你有什么感想 Collins夫人?
What’d you think when you saw him for the first time?
第一眼见到他时是什么感觉?
It’s hard to explain.
我 一言难尽
JONES: She was shocked at first.
她刚开始吃了一惊
She didn’t recognize the boy, which is perfectly natural.
她没认出她儿子是很自然的事
He’s been through quite an ordeal.
因为这孩子历经了百般折磨
REPORTER: How’re you feeling, son?
你还好吗 孩子?
Bet it feels great to be home.
回到家就没事了
Yeah. It’s great.
是的 能回家真是太好了
DAVIS: The Los Angeles Police Department is thankful
洛杉矶警署十分感谢
for all the hard work done by the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Department
底卡普郡警署的不懈努力
in making this joyful reunion possible.
才得以实现这次感人的团聚
The LAPD is dedicated to serving the public at all times.
洛杉矶警署时时刻刻为人民全心全意
Can we get a photo with mother and son, Captain?
我们可以为母子俩照张相吗 长官?
Absolutely! Here we are.
当然! 拍吧
Like that. Like that.
就那样 就那样
Squeeze together. There you go, boys.
靠近一点 拍吧 伙计们
MAN 1: This way, Walter. MAN 2: Big smile.
看这边 Walter 笑一个
MAN 1: One more, please. MAN 2: That’s a good one.
再来一张 这样很好
One more.
再来一张
The sandwich all right?
三明治还可以吗?
Would you like some more milk?
还要喝牛奶吗?
No.
不了
No, thank you.
不了 谢谢
No, thank you.
不了 谢谢
You’re covered in soot from the train. You should take a bath.
火车把你弄脏了 去洗个澡吧
Pajamas are on the edge of the bed.
睡衣就在床边
You okay? You all right?
怎么了? 你还好吗?
I fell. Stupid tub!
我滑了一下 该死的浴缸!
That’s all right.
没事的
You’re circumcised.
你割过包皮
Get out.
出来
Move.

Last time I measured Walter,
我上次量过Walter的身高
last time I measured my son,
上次量过我儿子的身高
he was inches taller than you are now.
比你现在还高了几英寸
Who are you?
你是谁?
What are you doing here?
你来干什么?
Who are you?
你是谁?
Who are you?
你到底是谁?
He’s not my son.
他不是我儿子
Mrs. Collins…
Collins夫人
No, I don’t know why he’s saying that he is,
不 我不知道他为什么非说自己是
but he’s not Walter and there’s been a mistake.
但他不是Walter 一定是哪里搞错了
I thought we agreed to give him time to adjust.
我记得我们答应过要给他时间调整的
He’s three inches shorter.
他矮了3英寸
I measured him on the chart.
我帮他量过了
Well, maybe your measurements are off.
好吧 可能你没量准
Look, I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation for all of this.
听着 这些的问题都可以解释的清
He’s circumcised.
他割过包皮
And Walter isn’t.
但Walter没有
Mrs. Collins.
Collins夫人
Your son was missing for five months.
你儿子走失了5个月了
For at least part of that time in the company of an as yet unidentified drifter.
他至少有一段时间 一直和一身份不明的流浪汉在一起
Who knows what such a disturbed individual might have done?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!