you know, fine fabrics, but he’s thinking about expanding into fur storage.
不过我说 老爸 这可不是个好主意
I said, “Dad, that’s not a good idea,
因为你没有 没有
because you don’t have… the…
经验
experience.”
来吧路易
Come on Louie!
好
OK
亚历克斯 亚历克斯
Alex Alex?
躲猫猫
Peekaboo!
少喝点 兄弟
Easy on the vino, pal!
一切都还好吗
Is everything all right?
失陪一下
Excuse me.
路易 路易
Louie Louie!
上帝啊
Oh, my God.
我是路易·杰弗里斯
I’m Louie Jeffries!
我以前是路易·杰弗里斯
I was Louie Jeffries!
那就是说那位夫人是我太太
That means that that lady’s my wife.
而米兰达就是 上帝啊 我吻了她
And Miranda… oh, God, I kissed her!
菲利普 我最好的朋友
And Philip… my best friend.
菲利普 菲利普
Philip Philip…
怎么了 -一切都还好吗
Yeah? -Everything OK in there?
是的
Yes.
菲利普 再见到你真好
Philip. It’s great to see you again!
见到你也很好
It’s… great to see you
抱歉
Excuse me.
好吧 但愿不是因为我做的饭
Well…! I hope it wasn’t my cooking.
车钥匙 地图 科琳娜的太阳镜
Car keys, maps, Corinne’s sunglasses, and
和灯泡
light bulbs.
这是我的车
It’s my car.
我的车
It’s my car.
太好了 是我的车 -亚历克斯
Great! It’s my car. -Alex!
亚历克斯 亚历克斯
Alex Alex?
我的除臭剂 漱口水 我的书
My deodorant. There’s my mouthwash. There’s my books…
我的 都是我的
It’s mine. It’s all mine.
哇哦 好吧 没事的
Whoa! Come on. It’s all right.
下来
Come down.
小心脚下 我们要上台阶
Watch your step, we’re going up. That’s it…
亲爱的 你真觉得他住这安全吗
Honey, do you really think it’s safe for him to stay here?
他说的那些话 做的奇怪的事
All those things he was saying, all that running around!
他这一天过得糟透了 他只是压力太大了
He’s had a rough day. He’s just a little stressed.
相信我
Trust me.
好吧 但要锁好你的房♥门
OK. But make sure your bedroom door is locked.
毛巾
Towels.
你确定我真的可以留下来过夜吗
Are you sure that it’s all right, me staying here the night?
你想住多久都可以
You’re welcome to stay as long as you like.
抱歉我毁了晚餐
I’m sorry I ruined the dinner party.
你没毁了它
You didn’t mess it up.
你让它有趣了
You brought it to life.
米兰达 米兰达
Miranda Miranda…
怎么了
Yeah?
你幸福吗
Have you had a happy life?
我猜是的
Yeah. I guess so.
有什么是你想要却没得到的吗
Is there anything you wanted that you haven’t had?
我父亲
My father.
他是个好人 是吗
He was a pretty great guy, huh?
他们都说这么跟我说的
That’s what they tell me.
天呐 你的成长经历一定不错
God, you sure have grown up nicely!
谢谢夸奖
I’m glad you approve
晚安
Good night!
晚安
Night.
我喜欢这套套装 -你不该喜欢
Hi. I love the suit! -You shouldn’t have.
我愿意 这是你的第一件超能力装备 -老妈
I wanted to. Your first power suit! -Mom…!
别让亚历克斯去任何地方
Don’t let Alex go anywhere.
我会把他和你其他想要逃跑的男友一起锁在塔楼里的
I’ll lock him in the tower with the other boyfriends who are trying to get away!
我爱你
Love you.
早 -我以为没人在家 抱歉
Morning. -I didn’t think anyone was home. I’m sor…
我快迟到了
Well, I’m running a little late.
感觉怎么样 -怪怪的 但还行
How are you feelin’? -I’m not quite myself, but I’m OK.
我 我
I, uh… I’ve… I’ve…
怎么了
Yes?
我
I, uh…
我爱橙汁
I love orange juice!
真高兴你喜欢
I’m so glad
我 我猜你丈夫也很喜欢橙汁
I, uh… I… I bet your husband was a real orange juice man.
他确实喜欢 基本上他喜欢所有水果
Yes, he was. He was generally fond of fruit.
借过 -他也很聪明英俊吧 我觉得
Excuse me! -He was handsome and witty too, I understand.
我是说 一个有崇高理想的人
I mean, I… a man of high ideals.
是的 这些品质他都有
Yes. He was all those things.
米兰达把钥匙留给你了
Oh, uh… Miranda left these for you.
你可以吃任何东西 把这里当成你家
You should help yourself to anything to eat, and make yourself at home.
好的
OK.
借过
Excuse me.
这周我每晚都会梦到路易
Dreaming of Louie every night this week
我的心理医生说我受光环效应所苦
My psychiatrist says I suffer from the halo effect
很多寡妇都因此将自己死去丈夫理想化
the tendency of widows to idealise their dead husbands
他说这将让我无法爱上别人
He says it keeps me from falling in love again
他说得有道理 可我无法想象自己会不爱路易
He has a point but I can’t imagine I’ll ever stop loving Louie
科兰达 科 兰达
Coranda Cor-anda!
科琳娜 你不会相信的 不过
Corinne, you’re never gonna believe this, but…
米兰达 这也许会吓到你 不过
Miranda, this may come as a shock to you, but…
早上好 -早上好
Morning. -Morning.
我找杰弗里斯夫人 -她正在开会 你是餐饮负责人吗
I’m here to see Mrs Jeffries. -She’s in a meeting. Are you the caterer?
不 我是 一个老朋友
No. I’m… an old friend.
请坐 她一会就会出来了
Oh. Just have a seat. She won’t be long.
谢谢
Thanks.
亲爱的 他们不会格外开恩的 即使是对你
They won’t bend the rules this time my dear Not even for you
还有八个小时就要开幕了 而你告诉我他们要开除我
It is eight hours before the opening and you’re telling me they want to fire me?
科琳娜 我们已亏空了两百万美元
Corinne, we are two million dollars in the hole.
是你坚持 你当时说
And it was you who insisted -and I quote –
美国人对那群女性折中主义者
“The American people maintain an insatiable curiosity
有难以餍足的好奇心
about that eclectic group of women
这些女性使外交政策到居家裙摆都时尚起来
who fashioned everything from foreign policy to hemlines at home.”
我还是如此认为
I still believe that.
我们还得偿还紧急基金以备其它部门不时之需
We still have to pay back the emergency fund so another department can have an emergency.
我知道 -周五前
I know that! -By Friday.
周五前 今天已经周三了 根本来不及
Friday? But it’s Wednesday. That’s impossible!
听着 你还记得我讨厌的那个朋友梅维斯·塔尔梅奇吧
Now look, you remember that friend of mine who I hate, Mavis Talmadge?
是的 -今晚在开幕仪式上
Yes… -Well, tonight at the opening,
我希望你好好敲老梅维斯一笔
I want you to put the squeeze on old Mavis.
为什么你不去
Why can’t you?
不是我想去敲梅维斯·塔尔梅奇
Mavis Talmadge is not someone I’d care to squeeze.
但在华盛顿没人比她更富有
No-one in Washington is as rich as Mavis.
她有自己的公♥司♥ 自己的 帝国
She’s her own corporation, her own… landmass.
科琳娜 梅维斯·塔尔梅奇就是解决之道
Now, Corinne, Mavis Talmadge is the way to go.
我不想打扰她了 而且我不太舒服 改天再来
I don’t want to bother her and I don’t feel well, so I’ll just come back some other time.
亚历克斯 亚历克斯
Alex Alex!
你好
Hi.
你好 -你怎么来了
Hi. -What are you doing here?
你早点告诉我你要来就好了 我可以安排一次私人参观
I wish you’d told me you were coming. I could have arranged for a private tour.
进来吧
Come on in.
这听起来有点奇怪
This is gonna sound a little funny, but
但我不是来参观的 我是来见你的
I didn’t come to see the museum. I came here to see you.
我希望你大老远跑来不是为了昨晚的事道歉来的
I hope you didn’t come all the way down here to apologise about last night.
不 我是为了别的事
No, I came to talk about something else.
我是路易
I’m Louie.
什么
What?
我不准备绕弯子了
I’m not gonna beat around the bush.
你不会相信的 但有些事你必须知道
You’re not gonna believe me, but there’s something you should know.
好吧
All right.
我们的热带雨林遭到破坏的速率达到每分钟50英亩
Our rainforests are being destroyed at a rate of 50 acres a minute!
亚历克斯 你需要借钱吗
Alex, do you want to borrow money?
是关于米兰达的吗