♪ I can’t get over you ♪
有位亚历克斯·芬奇先生想见您
A Mr Alex Finch to see Mr Bradlee.
布拉德利先生不知道你是哪位
Mr Bradlee doesn’t know who you are.
只要让我进去他一定能认出我的 -抱歉
I’m sure he would recognise me if… -I’m sorry.
有什么能帮您的吗 -我能 再试一次吗
May I help you? -Can I… try him one…?
再见
Goodbye.
打扰一下 我想知道布拉德利先生是否
Excuse me. I was wondering if Mr Bradlee…?
给布拉德利先生送外卖♥♥
I have a delivery for Mr Bradlee.
你好 早上好
Hi, there. Morning.
太好了 你来了
Oh, good. You’re here.
谢谢
Thanks.
你又是谁
Who the hell are you?
我在耶鲁见过您 先生
I met you at Yale, sir, where I went.
您给我们做了讲座 还说等我毕业可以来找您
You gave a lecture and you told me to look you up when I got out.
我昨天刚毕业 今天我就来了 我想当记者
I just got out yesterday, and here I am! I want to be a reporter.
你是怎么进来的
How’d you get up here?
电梯 先生 我是坐电梯
The elevator, sir. I… I came up…
他跟我一起来的 他是我的好朋友
With me. He came up with me. It’s my very good friend…
亚历克斯·芬奇 亚历克斯·芬奇
Alex Finch.Alex Finch.
我是耶鲁每日新闻的编辑
I… I was editor of the Yale Daily News and
还为《时代》周刊做了两年特约记者
I was a stringer for two years for Time
我今晚就能上班 现在就能 两小时前就可以了
and I can start tonight. Now. Two hours ago.
他很热情 他可能成为下一个明星记者
He’s very hot. He’s… He could be our next Woodward and Bernstein.
至少和他谈谈 本
Well, at least talk to him, Ben.
好吧 芬奇 在门口等着
OK, Finch. Wait outside.
好的
Right!
谢谢
Thank you.
布拉德利先生现在可以见你了
Mr Bradlee will see you now.
抱歉 芬奇
I’m sorry, Finch.
但您看了那篇关于厨房♥员工罢♥工♥的文章吗
But did you read the one about the kitchen workers’ strike?
如果我雇用你 办公室里的家伙能把你活剥了
If I hired you, the guys in this office would eat you for breakfast.
相信我 你需要经验 保持联♥系♥
Believe me, you need experience. Contacts.
找家小报社
Find work on a small-town paper.
等你吃到些教训 长了些经验
Then, when you’ve paid your dues, know your way around,
再给我打电♥话♥
gimme a call.
好吧
OK.
还是要感谢您
Thanks anyway.
布拉德利也不是什么都懂
Bradlee doesn’t know everything.
你好 我是菲利普·崔纳 -你好
Hi. Philip Train. -Hi.
菲利普·崔纳 菲利普·崔纳
Philip Train Philip Train…
1979年的普利策得主
Pulitzer Prize, 1979.
哇哦
Wow.
瞧 我正要打车 要捎你一程吗
Listen, I’m about to get a cab. Can I drop you anywhere?
我有车 我可以送你
I have a car. I can give you a ride.
这是我的荣幸 先生
I’d be honoured. Sir.
我一直住在华盛顿
I’ve lived in Washington all my life.
除了在玻利维亚住过6个月 我娶过一位锡矿继承人
With the exception of six months in Bolivia. I married a tin heiress.
记不得为什么了 她一直叫我皮尼特
Can’t remember why. She used to call me Peeleep.
总之 我刚结束了第二段失败的婚姻
Anyway, I just got out of mistake number two.
怎么不在前面左转
Why don’t you turn left up here?
抱歉
Sorry.
你晚饭吃什么 -晚饭
What are you doing for dinner? -Dinner?
跟我来 我朋友就住在这街上
You’re coming with me. My friends live just down the street.
来吗
Coming?
好的
Yeah.
有人吗
Hello, hello, hello!
没人在家 -这房♥子真不错
Nobody home. -God, this is a nice house!
嗨 菲利普
Hi, Philip.
你好 亲爱的 见见我的朋友
Hello, honey. Meet my friend,
亚历克斯 -是你
Alex… -You!
米兰达 -芬奇
Miranda! -Finch.
真不敢相信
I don’t believe this.
难以置信
This is incredible.
你们认识吗
Do you two know each other?
得有人做晚餐 我来吧
Someone should start dinner. I’ll do it.
给他弄点喝的 -进来吧
Get him a drink! -Come in.
好的
OK.
你来这干吗 -我想在《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》找份工作
What are you doing here? -I came down to get a job at the Post
怎么样 -糟透了
Well, how’d it go? -Terribly.
不过 情况肯定会好转的
But… things are… definitely picking up.
我今天开始给法官做实习生了
So I started today. I’m interning for this judge.
这很好
That’s great.
她是法学院他们班的第一名 -菲利普
First in her class in law school. -Philip…
是第二名
Second.
跳过了整个高中
Skipped high school entirely.
只跳过了一年
Skipped a year
我回来了 -我们在外面
I’m home! -We’re out here.
妈妈 -甜心
Mom! -Sweetheart!
菲利普 闻起来真不错
Philip, that smells delicious!
抱歉我回来迟了 我们一直在找假人的胳膊
Sorry I’m late, but we’ve been looking for Dolly Madison’s arm.
戳个洞 不然它们要炸了 -抱歉 老妈
Poke holes in ’em, otherwise they explode. -Sorry, Mom!
妈 这是亚历克斯·芬奇
Mom? This is Alex Finch.
你好 亚历克斯 -你好
Hi, Alex. -Hi.
我们之前见过吗
Have we met before?
我想 我想没有 -他留下来吃晚饭 他无家可归
I don’t… think so. -He’s staying for dinner. He’s homeless.
太棒了
Oh! Wonderful.
我去换衣服 马上回来
I’ll go change and be right back.
她是史密森尼博物馆馆长 -那你父亲呢
She’s a curator at the Smithsonian. -And your dad?
他在我出生前就去世了
He died before I was born.
抱歉 -菲利普是我教父
Sorry. -And Philip’s my godfather.
他是你妈妈的男朋友吗
He’s your mother’s boyfriend?
不 不
No! No.
很不幸 我妈始终忘不了我爸
Well, unfortunately, my mother never really got over my father.
看 来这里
Look at this. Come here.
这是我爸
That’s my dad.
米兰达 玉米呢
Miranda where’s that corn?
你想成为什么样的律师
So what kind of lawyer do you want to be?
公设辩护律师
A public defender.
最高法♥院♥法官
Supreme Court justice!
我喜欢斗争
I like to fight.
亲爱的 这儿需要多点冰块
Oh, honey, you’d better get some more ice.
我去拿 -谢谢
I’ll get it. -Thanks.
谢谢 亚历克斯
Thanks, Alex.
你怎么想 -我喜欢他
So what do you think? -I like him.
菲利普 菲利普
Philip Philip!
我们就叫这棵树乔治吧
I think we’ll call the tree George
它们美吗
Now, aren’t they beautiful?
不 那没发生过 没事的
That… that didn’t happen. That’s right.
我的纪念碗 怎么会在这里
My bowl! What’s that doing here?
科琳娜·兰道夫与路易斯·杰弗里斯在1963年5月18日结为夫妻
“Corinne Randolph and Louis Jeffries, joined in holy matrimony, May 18th, 1963.”
路易斯·杰弗里斯你愿意娶科琳娜·兰道夫为合法妻子吗
Do you Louis Jeffries take Corinne Randolph to be your lawful wedded wife?
该死
Shit!
这只是个巧合
What a coincidence.
这只是个巧合
That’s a coincidence.
这只是个巧合
That’s a coincidence.
马什叔叔
Uncle Marsh!
谁是马什叔叔 是谁
Who the hell’s Uncle Marsh? Who is he?
约翰·马歇尔·杰弗里斯
“John Marshall Jeffries.”
太好了
Oh, good.
亚历克斯 -就来
Alex? -Hold on!
要玉米吗 -谢谢
Corn? -Thank you.
亲爱的 能去拿些吃玉米的银色小夹子吗
Oh, honey, would you get the little silver corn holders?
什么吃玉米的小夹子
What corn holders?
在餐柜里 右边第二个抽屉
It’s in the sideboard. Second drawer on the right.
真的在
So they are!
我猜的
Good guess.
亚历克斯 你父亲是做什么的
So tell me, Alex, what does your father do?
亚历克斯
Al-ex!
他经营一家干洗公♥司♥ 叫做芬奇轻松洗衣店
Oh, he runs a dry-cleaning establishment. It’s called Finch’s Easy-Clean.
他对鹅绒和小山羊皮这类高级料子特别有一套
And he specialises mostly in goose down and suede and,
但他总想着将公♥司♥扩大成皮毛储存厂