If anything is going to happen…
这仗真能打起来吗
It’s going to happen, all right.
回到家里真是太好了 对吗?
This is a lark, isn’t it?
我把行李放在…
I put the bags up…
喂 你们在搞大扫除吗? – 你♥爸♥爸呢?
Hello. Spring cleaning? – Where’s your father?
像个甲虫一样在地下室里到处找呢
Oh, groping about in the cellar, like an angry old beetle.
他要找点喝的
He wants a drink.
哦 真是太好了 我也想喝点
Hear! Hear! So do I.
那我去找找看 能不能找点饼干什么的
Well, I’d better go and see if I can find some biscuits or something.
抽烟吗? – 哦 谢谢 约
Cigarette? – Oh, thank you, Joe.
很刺♥激♥是不是? – 恐怕刺♥激♥得有点过头了 亲爱的
Pretty thrilling, isn’t it? – Just a bit too thrilling, my dear.
哦 说得对 玛格丽特姑妈 真是太好了
Oh, rot, Aunt Margaret. It’s absolutely marvelous.
看到了所有那些运送的枪♥支♥弹♥药♥
Passing all those supply trains and guns.
我们给士兵让道
Being pushed aside to make way for the troops.
大家都在等着那一刻呢
The crowds waiting for something to happen.
哦 这是太好了
Oh, it was wonderful.
吉恩让你去一下厨房♥ 玛格丽特
Jane’s howling for you in the kitchen, Margaret.
哦 我这就去
Oh, all right.
我只找到了这两瓶葡萄酒
Well, I can’t find anything but Hock.
我们要为庆祝德国佬战败而干一杯
We’ll have to drink to Germany’s downfall in their own damn wine.
我倒是挺喜欢德国人的 你呢 爸爸? – 我也喜欢
I rather like Germans. Don’t you, Father? – Enormously.
帮我一下 约
Give me a hand, Joey.
要是战争真打起来了 你觉得会打多久?
If there is a war, how long do you think it’ll last?
最多两三个月吧
Oh, three months at the outside.
我们会打赢吗? – 我们会打赢的
We shall win. – We shall win.
也许会打上半年以上
Perhaps it’ll last six months.
从经济角度看这不可能
Economically impossible.
你知道战争需要多少钱吗?
Have you any idea what a war costs?
我想需要很多钱的 – 当然
Hell of a lot, I suppose. – Hell of a lot.
德国人连一个星期都支持不了
The Germans can afford it neven less than we can.
而且还有…还有俄♥国♥的 – 哦 古老的俄♥国♥
Then there’s Russia. – Good ol’ Russia.
法国 意大利和美国
And France, Italy and America.
日本 中国 尼加拉瓜 委地马拉
Japan, China, Nicaragua, Guatemala.
哦 我们又回到原地了
Oh, why, we’ve got ’em licked before we start.
别说傻话了 约 – 对不起
Don’t be silly, Joey. – Sorry.
几点了?
What’s the time?
快十二点了 这表准吗?
Nearly 12:00. Is that right?
那当然 过去十年它从来没有慢过
Well, it oughta be. Hasn’t varied a minute in the past 10 years.
现在真的发生了
It’s all happening now.
你说得对 是真的发生了
Short of a miracle, it’s all happened.
你离开军队高兴 还是不高兴?
Are you glad you left the army, or not?
非常高兴
Absolutely delighted.
你会回军队吗? – 我想会吧
Will you go back again? – I expect so.
那你的感觉怎么样呢? – 我会感到非常高兴的
How will you feel about that? – Absolutely delighted.
我看我也该为国家出点力了
I suppose I ought to do something about it, too.
你想去吗? – 非常想
You want to? – Terribly.
为什么?
Why?
嗯 我也说不清
I don’t know.
我真希望…
I wish…
真希望爱德华没有淹死
I wish Edward hadn’t been drowned.
我们可以一起上战场
We could have started off together.
不要太冲动 太爱国 太潇洒 约
Don’t be too impulsive and patriotic and dashing, Joey.
你要想想妈妈
Think of your mother.
也要想想我 你们都走了 就只有我们了
Think of me, too. You’re all we’ve got left.
找到了一些肉罐头 饼干和伍斯特酱…
Found some potted meat and biscuits and Worcester sauce and…
官方宣告战争爆发
War declared official!
战争爆发了 官方宣告战争爆发
We are at war! War declared official!
官方宣告战争爆发 战争爆发了
War declared official! We are at war!
亲爱的 我们跟德国开战了
My dears, we’re at war with Germany.

No.
听 听
Listen. Listen.
很热 是不是?
It’s very hot, isn’t it?
别这么伤心 妈妈 不会太久的
Don’t look sad, Mum. It won’t last long.
爸爸说不可能持久 这太令人激动了
Father says it can’t possibly. And it’s terribly exciting.
我感到很累了
I feel rather tired.
给你这个 妈妈 喝上一口吧
Here, Mum, dear, have a nice sozzle.
我们都应该一醉方休
We all oughta get drunk, really,
然后上街去呐喊
and go roaring about the streets.
爱德华是幸运的
Edward missed this anyhow.
至少他死得很幸福
At least he died when he was happy…
这世界没在他的脑袋上爆♥炸♥
Before the world broke over his head.
亲爱的 我们以前也遇到过战争
Jane darling, we’ve had wars before
世界也并没有爆♥炸♥
without the world breaking.
可我的世界没这么大
My world isn’t very big.
那你为战争把它喝了吧
Drink to the war then.
我实在喝不下去 喝不下去
I’m not going to. I can’t!
为统治大不列颠干杯 为胜利 快乐和荣耀干杯
Rule Britannia! Send us victorious, happy and glorious.
喝 约 你还是一个孩子 可你就要上前线了
Drink, Joey. You’re only a baby still, but you’re old enough for war.
为今晚德国人的所做所为干杯
Drink as the Germans are doing tonight.
为胜利 失败 愚蠢 悲剧和痛苦干杯
To victory and defeat and stupid tragic sorrow.
但请不要让我这样做
But don’t ask me to do it, please!
♪ On Sunday, I walked out with a soldier ♪
♪ On Monday, I’m taken by a Tar ♪
♪ On Tuesday, I’m out with a baby Boy Scout ♪
♪ On Wednesday, a Hussar ♪
♪ On Thursday, a gang oot wi’ a Scottie ♪
♪ On Friday, the Captain of the crew ♪
♪ But on Saturday I’m willing if you’ll only take the shilling ♪
♪ To make a man of any one of you ♪
♪ Oh, we don’t want to lose you ♪
♪ But we think you ought to go ♪
♪ For your King and your country ♪
♪ Both need you so ♪
如今又在招募那些可怕的歌♥手了
Those awful recruiting songs again.
在伦敦的任何地方 你都无法摆脱他们
You can’t get away from them anywhere in London.
哦 他们真令我激动
Oh, they give me rather a thrill.
这些姑娘也让我激动
The girls give me a thrill.
我敢打赌 她们这样唱歌♥是为战争做贡献
I’ll bet that little dark one sung her share of fellas into the war.
乔治 我很是兴奋
By George, I’m excited.
星期六就可以离开这里上前线 真是太好了
Finally leave off to France Saturday. Marvelous.
太好了 太好了
Marvelously marvelous.
哦 好啊
Oh, good Lord, Ainger,
你不希望我们胜利归来吗?
do you mean to say you don’t want to get back’?
说实在的 你不觉得的很好吗?
Seriously, don’t you feel pretty marvelous?
我说我很渴了
I feel pretty thirsty.
那倒可以解决 哦 招待
Well, that’s easily remedied. Uh, waiter.
呃 请再给我们倒点酒 – 啊
Uh, some more wine, please. – Ah.
哦 运气不太好 我刚进牛津大学
Oh, it’s a bit of luck, the war coming when it did.
战争就来了
I was properly fed up at Oxford.
牛津大学?我刚开始在会计师事务所
Oxford? I was just starting in an accountant’s office.
也许你要在前线完成你的会计事务了
Well, you’ll probably finish up under the poppies in Flanders.
还有喝酒 还有爱情
Drink up and have another.
看那姑娘舞跳得多好啊
My hat, that girl can dance.
她是谁呀? – 听说她叫弗兰妮·布里吉斯
Who is she’? – A kid by the name of Fanny Bridges.
什么?弗兰妮·布里吉斯? – 是的 你认识她?
Fanny Bridges? – Yes. Know her?
失陪了 伙计们 – 没关系
Excuse me, old chaps. -It’s all right.
我们喝 我们喝
Come on. Drink up.
♪ You are my daydream ♪
♪ You’re my boy blue ♪
♪ I’m just a daydream ♪
♪ Nothing to you ♪
♪ For you I’m pinning the whole night through ♪
♪ You are my… You are my… ♪
♪ Wonderful you ♪

Oh!
我… 哦 别害怕
I… Now, don’t be afraid.
你的舞跳得真好啊
I say, you’re marvelous.
你在这儿干什么?
What are you doing here?
你想干什么?
What are you doing?
我在等你 – 等我?
I was waiting for you. – Waiting?
你是说你刚才一直在这儿 在我…
You don’t mean to say you’ve been here all this time while I…
啊 不… 我是说… 怎么说呢…
Oh, no, no. I mean, as a matter of fact…
我说 你的舞跳得棒极了
I say, you are marvelous.
你是谁? – 你的一个老朋友
Who are you? – One of your oldest friends.
你撒谎 我这一辈子从没见过你
Oh, what a lie. I’ve never seen you before in my life.
你见过的 – 我没见过
Oh, but you have. – Oh, but I haven’t.
你真见过我
Oh, really you have.
我们在一起住了很久的
We lived under the same roof for years.
我看你很会说笑话
Oh, I’m sure this is a very good joke,
不过现在我很忙 对不起了…
but I’m awfully busy and…