fighting each other, killing each other?
好了 好了 孩子们 都上楼去
Now, run along up to the nursery, all of you.
你们安静点
And behave yourselves.
哪儿都摆脱不了这个曲子
There’s no escape from that tune anywhere.
要我把他赶走吗?
Well, shall I throw him something?
他会走吗?
Yes, you could throw it at him.
你说哦 吉恩 亲爱的
Oh, Jane dear.
哎…你别在这好吗?
Hi! Hi! Will you go away?
到街的那头去
Further down the street.
吉恩 亲爱的 你快坐下吧
Jane dear, do sit down.
你都站了快要一个下午了
You’ve been standing about all the afternoon.
我想我是再也见不到他们了 – 胡说
I don’t believe I shall ever see them again. – Nonsense.
人们说玛斐津过几天就会解围的
Mafeking’s bound to be relieved in the next few days.
所有的报纸都这么说
All the papers say so.
这句话已经说了几个月了
Everyone’s been saying that for months.
我刚刚还在那危在旦夕
My brother’s still out there, dying by inches,
饥饿 疾病 恐怖
starvation, disease and horror.
还有罗伯特
And Robert…
我没法不想他们 没法不想这些
I can’t bear to think of it and I can’t stop thinking.
有消息了吗 艾伦
Oh, no news yet, Ellen.
喝杯热茶吧 夫人
Have a nice cup of tea, ma’am.
别这样担心了 夫人 他没事
Don’t fret about the master, ma’am. He’s all right.
我给他留了阿尔佛雷德的地址
You see, he’s got my Alfred with him.
要是出了什么事 他们会通知我们的
And we’d be bound to hear if anything happened.
可怜的艾伦 你想得真周到
Poor Ellen. It must be just as bad for you.
哦 没有消息就是好消息 该发生的事躲不了
Well, no news is good news, and what must be, must be.
我是这么看的 你别不相信
That’s what I say. You’d never believe how that cheers you up.
来 亲爱的 把这喝了吧
Now, come, darling. Drink this tea.
号♥外 战争最近消息 号♥外 战争最近消息
Extra! All about the war! Extra! Special, all about the war!
等一等 – 最新的 谢谢 夫人
Hi! Hi! – Latest from the front! Thank you, ma’am.
谢谢 小姐
Thank you, lady.
号♥外 战争最近消息
Extra! All about the war!
号♥外 战争最近消息 – 什么消息 艾伦?
Extra! All about the war! – What is it, Ellen?
什么消息?
What is it?
没什么消息 夫人 – 号♥外 战争最近消息
Nothing, ma’am. – Paper! All about the war!
请看号♥外啦啊 战争最近消息
Extra! Paper!
“没有消息就是好消息 该发生的事就躲不了”
“No news is good news and what must be, must be.”
好了 宝贝
Now, look here, Jane dear.
我得走了 六点四十五分我再回来
I’m going now, and I’m coming back at a quarter to 7:00.
六点四十五分?
Quarter to 7:00. Why?
我们去饭馆吃饭
We’re going out to dine at a restaurant
然后我们一起去看戏
and we’re going to a theater.
饭馆?看戏?我们?哦 玛格丽特
Restaurant? Theater? By ourselves? Oh, Margaret.
哦 为什么不?
Well, why not?
在这个时候 我们得去散散心 不能总呆在家里
Now, there’s no sense in sitting at home fretting.
这对你没有好处 我们让珍妮丝陪我们去
And it doesn’t do any good. We’ll get Ronnie James to take us.
如果她不去 我们就自己去
And if he can’t, then we’ll go by ourselves.
我才不在乎别人说什么呢
I don’t care what people say.
谢谢你 玛格丽特 我不能去
It’s sweet of you, Margaret, but I simply can’t.
哦 亲爱的 吉恩
Now, Jane dear…
我这就回去洗个澡
I’m going home to have a bath
换上我的红长裙
and to put on my new Redfern model,
六点四十五分我来接你
and I shall be back at a quarter to 7:00.
可是 玛格丽特 我…
But, Margaret, I…
哦 别跟我争了
Now, don’t argue.
照我说的去做
Do just what you’re told.
罗伯特和吉姆可不希望
Robert and Jim would hate to think of you
你在家里整天愁眉苦脸 哭哭啼啼的
sitting at home weeping and wailing.
他们很坚强 我们也很坚强
They’re being gallant enough. We must be gallant, too.
玛格丽特 你听我说 – 别争了
Margaret, honestly, I… – Now!
大声点 再大声点
Play louder! Play louder!
女王陛下的士兵
Soldiers of the Queen,
在前线冲锋陷阵
wounded and dying, suffering for their Queen.
演奏吧
Play louder!
使劲演奏吧
Play louder!
♪ Heeey! Hey! ♪
跟我说点什么 艾达? – 说什么?
Tell me something, Ada. – What?
你是个挤牛奶的?
You’re not a dairymaid, are you?
看花眼的先生
Mr. Inquisitive!
那你是谁?
Well, what are you?
我? – 嗯-哼
Me? – Uh-huh.
哦 我是米拉贝尔 第五公主的女仆
Oh, I’m lady’s maid to the Princess Mirabelle.
公主?那他打赌打赢了
The princess? Then he wins his bet after all.
谁?打什么赌?
Who? What bet?
我们的厨师 船上所有的军官都和他打赌
Lieutenant Edgar. All the officers on the ship wagered him
说他得不到公主的青睐
that he would not win the hand of Princess Mirabelle.
他说哪怕公主是世界上最丑的姑娘 他也会娶她的
He said he would marry her if she was as ugly as sin.
哦 – 他需要钱
Oh! – He needs the money!
汤姆 你在这干什么? – 是 长官
Tom! What are you doing here? – Yes, sir.
只是随便聊聊哦 – 停下
Just coming, sir. – Stop!
♪ What gives? What gives? What happened here? ♪
♪ My friends, you heard my call And so I thank you all ♪
♪ But while you chatter here My heart has been betrayed ♪

♪ Not so, not so What foolish words you said to me ♪

♪ ‘Tis naught but your pride that’s hurt I’m very much afraid ♪
♪ Have you seen this? Have you seen this? It’s been all around ♪
♪ Who is this man who dares offend The Princess Mirabelle? ♪
♪ Lied to me and cheated me ♪
♪ My daughter, let it be Your poor heart’s breaking ♪
♪ Whatever future ♪
♪ You are mistaking ♪
♪ All my life I have been dreaming ♪
♪ Now my dream must die ♪
♪ Within my heart I hid the song away there ♪
♪ But now I find the melody will stay there ♪
女士们 先生们 玛斐津解围了
Ladies and gentlemen, Mafeking has been relieved!
烤一块面包居然会冒这么多烟 安妮
Come and hold this fork a minute, Annie,
我简直都要叫消防队了 真是的
or they’ll have to call a fire brigade to put my face out.
我就认识一位太太
I once knew a woman
她烤面包的时候 真的把消防队招来了
whose front hair caught fire when she was making toast.
他们还没来得及动手 那整个房♥子就烧起来了
And before you could count ten, the whole room was ablaze.
如果不是找到了她的宝石胸针
They’d never have been able to recognize her remains
就根本辨认不出她的遗体了
if it hadn’t been for her cameo brooch.
你说的是真的?
Fancy that now.
哦 我们的小姐今天怎么样?
And how’s our ladyship today?
哦 真是个好姑娘
Who’s a lovely girl?
别把面包烤糊了 安妮
Don’t burn that toast, Annie.
Kitchy, kitchy, kitchy, kitchy, kitchy.
宝贝 你♥爸♥爸今天就要回来了 平平安安的
Your dad’s comin’ home today, love, safe and sound.
平平安安的
Safe and sound.
我相信他会平平安安地回来的
I only hope he is safe and sound, I’m sure.
肯定还会神气得要命
You’re a nice, cheerful body, I must say.
我可是有亲身体会
I’ve had experience.
我小时候
When I was a girl,
有两个朋友从克罗米亚战争回来的时候
a friend of mine’s husband come home unexpected-like
两条腿都没有了 太可怕了
from the Crimea with no legs at all.
别哭了 安妮
Stop it, Annie!
看你干得好事
Now look what you’ve done.
快换一块面包 快点
Put another piece, quick! They’ll be here in a minute.
我希望艾伦别在车站哭
I do hope Ellen didn’t cry at the station.
这会把鼻子弄得红红的
It does make her nose so red.
我想阿尔佛雷德会很高兴见到她的
Alfred will be that pleased to see her
不会在意她的鼻子是红还是蓝
that he won’t care whether it’s red or blue.
拿来 安妮 快点
Come on, Annie. Hurry up.
非洲在哪? – 非洲在哪什么意思?
Where is Africa? – What do you mean, where’s Africa?
非洲在哪儿哦?
Where is Africa?
别犯傻了 – 哦 它在什么地方?
Don’t be silly. – Well, where is it?
我这辈子从来没见过这么愚蠢的姑娘
I never heard such an ignorant girl in all my life.
你没在地图上看到过?
Haven’t you ever seen it on the map?
我当然在地图上看见过了
I seen it on the map.
可非洲究竟在哪儿?
But where is it, really?
你应该感到羞耻 居然会问这么愚蠢的问题
You ought to be ashamed of yourself asking such daft questions.
非洲在什么地方 斯奈普太太?
Well, do you know where it is, Mrs. Snapper?
哦 走开 安妮 你都快把我烦死了
Oh, get away, Annie. You’re getting on my nerves.
我真想知道非洲在哪儿
Well, I would like to know where it is.

Whoa!
我快要笑死了
I was dying and laughing at the time.
好了 艾伦 你付钱 我想尽快看到女儿
That’s right, Ellen, you pay. I want to see that baby of mine.
要是她有三长两短我找你算帐
Cheers, old blowhard. Takes my kit in.