What he’s doing is
他的做法就是
he’s opening checking accounts at various banks
在不同的银行开支票帐户…
then changing the MICR ink routing numbers
然后涂改那些在支票
at the bottom of those checks.
底部的编码
Next slide, please.
请播放下一张
Next slide, please.
下一张
Uh, the remote thing is broken.
遥控器坏了
Agent Mullen, it should be…
马伦探员 它因该…
it should be the square button just there by the side.
应该是侧面的那个方按钮
This carousel doesn’t work.
转盘不好使
It’s a bad carousel you got there.
是个坏转盘
Thank you, Agent Mullen. Got to move it manually.
谢谢 马伦探员 只能用手动
This is a map of the 12 banks of the U.s. Federal Reserve.
这是美联储的12个银行分布图
slide.
下一张
MICR scanners at every bank
每个银行的识别机的扫描仪
read these numbers at the bottom of a check… slide…
读取支票底部的这些数字 下一张
and then, ship that check off to its corresponding branch.
然后把支票发送到相关的银行兑现
Carl, for those of us who are unfamiliar with bank fraud
卡尔 对我们这些不熟悉银行诈骗的
you mind telling us what the hell you’re talking about?
你能不能告诉我们 你在讲什么?
The East Coast branches are numbered zero one to zero six.
东海岸分行的编号是从01到06
The central branch is zero seven, zero eight
中部地区分行的编号是07到08
so on, so forth.
如此类推
You mean those numbers on the bottom of a check
底部的那些号码
actually mean something?
有什么实际意思吗?
All of this was in the report I filed two days ago.
所有这些都是我两天前做的报告
If you change… a zero two to a one two
如果你把02改成12 这就意味着…
that means that check, which was cashed in New York
这就意味着在纽约提现金的支票
is not go to the New York Federal Branch
不会再转到纽约联邦分行了
but it is rerouted all the way to the san Francisco Federal Branch.
而是会被转到… 都回到旧金山分行
The bank doesn’t even know the check has bounced for two weeks
银行在两个星期里 不会知道支票已被退回了
which means our unsub can stay in one place
这就意味着我们的犯人会待在一个地方
paper the same city over and over again
在同一个城市不断重施故技
while his checks circle the country.
直至支票送经全国
You know, you want to talk to my wife.
你应该和我的太太谈谈
she’s the one balances the checkbook at our house.
我们家她管支票本
Next slide.
下一张
Daddy!
爸爸!
My son, the birdman.
我的孩子 飞行员
some uniform, Frank.
穿制服了
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样?
Nice.
很好
sit down.
坐吧
so, Dad… Daddy, have you gotten the postcards?
爸爸 你收到明信片了吗?
Of course.
当然
This fork is ice cold.
这叉子冰凉
No, no, Dad, th that’s a chilled salad fork.
不 爸爸 那是冰镇的吃沙拉用的叉子
It’s a fancy restaurant, you know.
这是个高档餐厅 你知道
Well, here…
这儿
I I got you something. What’s that?
我有东西送你 什么东西?
Open it.
打开看看
You know what those are, right?
你知道那些是什么 对吧?
Those are the keys to a 1965 Cadillac DeVille convertible.
那是一辆1965年卡迪拉克敞篷车的钥匙
Brand new, Dad.
全新的 爸爸
Red with white interior
车身红色 车内白色…
split seats, air conditioning, the works.
分开的座位 空调 全套的配置
Are you giving me a Cadillac?
你送给我一辆卡迪拉克?
Yeah. I’m giving you a Cadillac.
我送给你一辆卡迪拉克
Dad, sh she’s parked downstairs.
爸爸 它就停在楼下
When we’re done eating lunch
我们吃完午饭后
why don’t you, you know, drive on over to Mom’s house
就开到妈妈那里去…
pick her up, take a little joyride?
带上她兜兜风
Do you know what would happen if the IRs found out
如果税务局发现我开辆新的双门轿车到处跑
I was driving around in a new coupe?
你知道会发生什么?
I took the train here, Frank.
我坐火车来的 弗兰克
I’m taking the train home.
也要坐火车回去
All right.
好吧
I have plenty of money.
我有很多钱
You know, if you ever, ever need anything…
你知道 需要什么尽管讲
You worried?
你担心我?
About me?
担心我?
No, I’m not… I’m not worried.
不 我不是担心
You think I can’t buy my own car?
你觉得我自己买不起车?
Two mice fell in a bucket of cream, Frank.
两只老鼠掉进奶油桶里 弗兰克
Which one am I?
我是哪只?
You’re that second mouse.
你是第二只老鼠
I went by the store today.
我今天路过商店
I had to close the store for awhile.
我不得不把商店关几天
It’s all about timing, Frank.
只是个时间问题 弗兰克
The goddamn government knows that.
狗屁政府清楚这点
They hit you when you’re down.
他们落井下石
I wasn’t going to let them take it from me, so I just…
我不想让他们把商店夺走 所以我就…
shut the doors myself, called their bluff.
干脆自己关了店门 看他们能把我怎样
sooner or later, they’ll forget about me.
早晚他们是要忘了我的
I understand, I…
我明白
Have you told Ma?
你告诉妈了吗?
she’s so stubborn, your mother.
你母亲 她很固执
Don’t worry. I’m not going to let her go without a fight.
不要担心 我不会不劝她就让她走的
I been fighting for us…
我要劝她为我们留下…
Dad?
老爸?
since the day we… we met.
从我们相遇的那天起
Daddy, out of all those men
爸爸 在那些人当中…
you were the one that took her home, remember that.
是你赢得了妈妈的心 记得吗?
200 men, sitting in that tiny social hall watching her dance.
200人坐在那个小厅里看她跳舞
What was the name of that town?
那个小镇叫什么名字来着?
Montrichard, Dad. Yeah.
曼沙 爸爸 是的
I didn’t speak a word of French
我一句法语也不会说
and six weeks later, she was my wi…
而六个星期后 她成了我的妻子
she’s your wife.
她还是你的妻子
My son bought me a Cadillac today.
我儿子今天给我买了辆卡迪拉克
I think that calls for a toast.
我想该为此干一杯
To the best damn pilot in the sky.
为了天空中最好的飞行员
It’s not what you think.
不像你想的那样
I’m just a copilot.
我只是名副驾驶
You see these people staring at you?
你看见这些人在注视你吗?
These are the most powerful people in New York City
这些是纽约市最有权势的人
and they keep peeking over their shoulders
他们总是越过肩膀偷看
wondering where you’re going tonight.
想知道今晚你去哪里
Where you going, Frank?
你要去哪里 弗兰克?
Dad, nobody’s staring at me.
爸爸 没有人在盯着我
some place exotic?
什么奇异的地方吗?
Just tell me where you’re going.
告诉我你要去哪里
Los An… Hollywood.
洛杉… 好莱坞
Hollywood.
好莱坞?
The rest of us…
我们其余的人…
really are suckers.
真是笨蛋
so, I got on this red dress and these high heels, right?
所以我穿了这红衣服和高跟鞋 对吗?
And I got a bra, like, out here, okay?
我外边这儿戴了胸罩
Okay, I’m screaming out, FBI, freeze!
我大喊: 联邦调查局 不许动!
And I’m reaching for my gun, but I can’t find it in the bra.
我去拿枪 却发现不在胸罩里
It’s so damn big
它太他妈大了
I thought I was going to shoot my tits off.
我想我会不会把乳头射掉
You know, that’s a funny story.
这是个有趣的故事
People always laugh at that story.
别人总是被逗笑
Let me ask you a question, Mr. Amdursky.
让我问你一个问题 阿穆德斯基先生
If you were having so much fun undercover
如果你觉得当便衣很有意思
why did you transfer to bank fraud?
那你为什么转到银行诈骗科?
I didn’t transfer.
不是我要求转的
I was censured and reassigned.
我受责难被重分配的
It’s like being punished. I was punished.
就像是受罚了 我就受罚了
I screwed up in the field.
我出外勤时犯了个错误