-他现在怎么办? -我不知道
-What the hell’s he gonna do now? -I don’t know.
他在干嘛?
What’s he doing?
他也知道他大吼大叫的那群人 都是我们的朋友
He knows all those guys he yelled at are friends of ours.
他是怎么了,搞得一团糟?
What’s the matter with him, making all this mess?
他或许可以用另一个头衔管事
Maybe he could run things with another job title.
这不是最好的 但我们又能如何呢?
Won’t be the best, but what are we gonna do?
他不论管什么,都得安静点
REMO: However he runs things, it’s gotta be quiet.
让他躲到楼上办公室去
Let him hide upstairs in the office.
说他是工友,我不在乎
Say he’s a janitor. I don’t give a shit.
但拜托,不管他做什么 都得低调点
But please, whatever job he takes, make sure it’s something quiet.
各位先生与女士…
ANNOUNCER: [On TV] Ladies and gentlemen…
坦吉乐大饭店 非常荣幸能为您介绍…
the Tangiers Hotel proudly presents the all-new…
山姆罗斯坦秀, 《艾斯的单人牌》
Sam Rothstein show, Aces High.
艾斯的单人牌
今晚,从最新的球赛赌区 现场实况转播…
Tonight, taped live from the all-new sports book…
我们为您带来《艾斯的单人牌》的 首次演出…
we present the premiere showing of Aces High…
连同莎夏西门诺夫交响乐团…
with the Sasha Semenoff Orchestra…
与山姆罗斯坦舞群!
and the Sam Rothstein dancers!
罗斯坦先生是位职业赌徒 也是全美最棒的美式足球下注者
Mr. Rothstein is a professional gambler and the best U.S. football handicapper.
一位能带领你进入 真正的拉斯维加斯的人
A man who will take you inside the real Las Vegas as no one has ever done before.
现在让我们欢迎 坦吉乐赌场新的娱乐董事…
Now, the new entertainment director of the Tangiers Hotel Casino…
山姆罗斯坦先生
Mr. Sam Rothstein.
欢迎来到山姆罗斯坦秀 很高兴你们能参与
Welcome to the Sam Rothstein show. We’re happy to have you here this evening.
我左边的这位小姐是特茹蒂…
The young lady to my left is Trudy…
她是我们巴黎秀新的首席舞者
who is a lead new dancer in our fabulous show from Paris.
我们今晚的第一位来宝…
Our first guest this evening…
法兰克艾华伦
is Frankie Avalon.
-看好他 -我有个大家庭
PAT: Keep an eye on him. FRANKIE: I’ve got a large family.
-你有几个孩子? -我很自豪的说,八个
SAM: How many kids do you have? I’m very proud to say, eight children.
-太了不起了 -没什么,是我的荣幸
-That’s amazing. -There’s nothing to it. It was my pleasure.
别这样
PHILIP: Ace, don’t do it.
天啊
Jesus.
他在耍杂技!
He’s juggling!
我们别对县辅♥导♥ 派特委布太认真
SAM: Let’s not take County Commissioner Pat Webb too seriously.
我最近本想邀他在节目上辩论的 但是他拒绝了
I recently challenged him to a debate on this program, and he declined.
你在担心什么呢,派特?
What are you worried about, Pat?
你不需要事先给我问题
You don’t have to send me any questions.
你什么都可以问我
You can ask me anything you want.
他在电视上干嘛?
ANDY: What the hell is he doing on television?
他整晚都在上面
He’s on all night,
喊着要将他的案子告上最高法♥院♥
screaming about taking his lawsuit to the Supreme Court.
他真是疯了 他想将这带到华府去?
He really must be crazy. He’s gonna go to Washington with this?
他简直是疯了
He’s out of his fucking mind.
世上有这样的伪君子真是可叹 他们爱做什么就做什么
It’s a pity we have such hypocrisy. Some people do what they want.
其他人却得承担后果 这就是人生
Other people have to pay through the nose. Such is life.
安迪,去找他 告诉他辞职的时候到了
Andy, go see him. Tell him maybe it’s time he should quit.
第一点,他们的所做所为 完全的违反了宪法
SAM: First, what they did was totally unconstitutional.
我们已在高等法♥院♥的等候单上了
SAM: We’re on the list to be heard before the U.S. Supreme Court.
这些家伙才不在乎高等法♥院♥
These guys don’t care about the Supreme Court.
他们要一切平息,要你别再搞了
They want things to quiet down. They want you to walk away.
别搞了?安迪,
Walk away? Andy,
你不是说真的 你难道看不到这严重性吗?
you can’t be serious. Don’t you see what’s at stake?
老头说你的朋友或许该罢手了
The old man said maybe your friend should give in.
当老头说“或许”时 就像是教皇发谕令一样
When the old man says “maybe,” that’s like a papal bull.
你不但该罢手,还该跑路
Not only should you quit, you should run.
他们每次在报上提到我的名字 就一定扯到尼奇
Every time they mention my name in the papers, they mention Nicky, too.
这他妈的有什么帮助?
How the fuck does that help?
他带来的注目简直是谋杀
The heat he brought down is murder.
警♥察♥局本来很合作
The police department was cooperative.
他将他们激怒到 现在大家都动不了
They’re pissed off. Nobody can make a move anymore.
你能怎样呢?
What do you do about that?
-你想说什么? -我不知道,他根本不听我的
-What are you proposing? -I don’t know. He doesn’t listen to me.
或许他才该消失一阵子 这样会很糟吗?
Maybe he should get lost for a while. Would that be so bad?
-他们不会调走尼奇的 -若他离开一阵…
-They ain’t sending Nicky nowhere. -If he took a break…
给大家移♥动♥布局的机会
it would give everybody time to maneuver.
别再搞布局的事 赶紧离开吧
I would forget about the maneuver. I would just get out.
我不能
I can’t do that.
当然,安迪一到家后 尼奇就听说我们的谈话
SAM: Of course, as soon as Andy got home, Nicky heard about our talk in the car.
第二天一大早,我就接到电♥话♥
Next morning, bright and early, I get the call.
我得去买♥♥点东西,你要不要去?
I’ve got to do some shopping. Want to go?
连接尼奇的电♥话♥都不是件易事
SAM: Getting a call from Nicky wasn’t easy anymore.
暗号♥都没有用了 我们得想新方法
Even the codes didn’t work. So we figured out another act.
若是电♥话♥被窃听
If a phone’s tapped,
他们只能听关于犯罪的谈话
the Feds can only listen in on the stuff involving crimes.
例行通话时 他们必须在几分钟后挂断
On routine calls, they have to click off after a few minutes.
我手肘好像扭到了
GINGER: I got a sprained fucking elbow.
三点见
Meet me at 3:00.
-在凯撒宫吗? -这条路下去再一百码处
-At Caesar’s? -100 yards further down the road.
-为什么? -别问了,到那儿就是了
-Why? -Don’t ask questions. Just be there.
苏西克理姆有件一模一样的衣服
Suzy Cream Cheese has the same outfit.
我看到个东西
GINGER: I saw something.
这东西好可爱
Something very cute.
他出门了,棕组
AGENT: Okay, he’s out. It’s the ant. Brown unit.
他带着个替身,应该是法兰克
He’s with the bogey. I think it’s Frankie.
尼奇比我早出门…
SAM: Nicky started out before me…
因为他要出门越来越难了
because it wasn’t that easy for him to get around anymore.
尼奇到那儿都最起码得…
Nicky couldn’t even go for a ride without changing cars…
换六次车才甩得掉跟踪他的人
at least six times before he could shake all his tails.
因为有飞机 所以他得用地下停车场
Because of the planes, he had to use underground garages.
在沙漠中♥央♥会面总让我紧张
SAM: Meeting in the desert always made me nervous.
那是个可怕的地方
It’s a scary place.
我当然也知道沙漠里的洞
I knew about the holes in the desert, of course.
我张望的每一处都可能是个洞
And everywhere I looked, there could have been a hole.
通常我与尼奇会面 能活着回来…
Normally, my prospects of coming back alive…
机率是百分之九十九
from a meeting with Nicky were 99 out of 100.
但这次,当我听他说 离道路几百码外…
But this time, when I heard him say a couple of hundred yards down the road…
我想应该还有一半的机率吧
I gave myself 50-50.
你♥他♥妈♥的跟别人 在背后捅我是什么意思?
Where the fuck you get off talking to people behind my back?
-跟什么人? -你以为我不会发现吗?
-What people? -Did you think I wouldn’t find out?
我根本不知道你在说什么
I don’t even know what you’re talking about.
你说我害你被盯? 我得因为你被人家念?
You said I’m bringing heat on you? I gotta listen to people because of you?
你想搞走我? 你最好准备好自己的军队?
You’re ordering me out? You better get your own fucking army!
我没有要搞走任何人
I didn’t order you or anybody.
我跟安迪说你被盯上了 这是个问题
I told Andy Stone that you had heat, and that was a problem.
你想要我离开我自己的地盘?
You want me to get out of my own fucking town?
是啊,我说等风头过了 我才能好好经营赌场
Yeah, let the bullshit blow over so I can run the casino.
赌场出了什么事我得负责,不是你
Anything goes wrong with the casino, it’s my ass, not yours.
你知道你之所以能管那狗屁赌场 都是因为我!
You know that you only have your fucking casino because I made that possible!
在这儿我才算数
I’m what counts out here.
不是你♥他♥妈♥的什么俱乐部 也不是你那狗屁电视秀
Not your fucking country clubs or your fucking TV shows.
你♥他♥妈♥的在电视上干嘛?
And what the fuck are you doing on TV anyhow?
我每天都得接老家的电♥话♥ 他们都觉得你疯了!
I get calls from back home every day. They think you went batshit!
我上电视是因为 我必须待在赌场
I’m only on TV because I gotta be able to hang around the casino.
你应该知道的
You understand and you know that….
你不上电视也可以拿那餐饮的头衔!
You could’ve had the food-and-beverage job without going on TV!
-是你想上电视吧 -对,我想上电视
-You wanted to go on TV. -Yeah, I wanted to go on TV.
这样我才有擂台,我才可以反击 我要有知名度
That way I have a forum. I can fight back. I’m known. People see me
若我有知名度他们就不能 随随便便打发我
They know they can’t fuck around with me like they could if I was an unknown. That’s why
你将自己变成个笑话
You’re making a spectacle of yourself.
要不是你,我也不会落到这步田地
I wouldn’t even be in this situation if it wasn’t for you.
你让我被盯上
You brought down so much heat on me.
我每次遇见个人 他们都只想知道我认不认识你
Every time I meet somebody, they ask me if I know you.
所以你现在要将你执照的那件事 怪到我的头上
Sure, now you wanna blame your fucking license on me.
当你请示我你可不可以来这儿时…我是怎么说的?
When you asked me if you could come out here…what did I tell you?
我意思你问我
I mean you asked me.
我就知道 不管我说什么你都会来,记得吗?
I knew you’d come out no matter what I said. Do you remember?
等一下,倒♥退♥一下
Back up a fucking minute here. One minute.
我请示你?
I asked you?
我他妈的什么时候 请示过你我可不可以来这儿?
When the fuck did I ever ask you if I could come out here?
搞清楚点,死犹太人!
NICKY: Get this through your head, you Jew motherfucker!
你是因我才在这儿! 只因为这样!