He didn’t want to get his own hands dirty.
他为什么要这样?
Why did he have to do that?
告诉我
Tell me.
-那不是件好事… -废话
NICKY: It wasn’t a nice thing to do– GINGER: No shit.
你得了解,
You gotta understand it.
他并不知道这人 是不是在骗你的钱
He doesn’t know if this guy is shaking you down.
我在结婚前就告诉过他这个人了
I told him all about this guy before we got married.
-这并不是什么新鲜事 -是吗?我并不知道
-This is no fucking surprise. -You did? I didn’t know that.
他只是我的朋友 我想要帮他,有什么大不了?
He’s just a friend of mine I was trying to help. So what?
我第一次看到你们俩在一起时…
The first time I ever saw you guys together…
我从未见他那么快乐过
I never saw him so happy.
我知道他是个犹太疯子…
NICKY: I know he’s a crazy Jew fuck and everything…
但我从未见过他跟别人一起时这样
but I never seen him act like that with anybody else.
他为你疯狂 他真的很爱你
I think he’s crazy about you. He really loves you.
-他真的是 -拜托
NICKY: He does. GINGER: Come on.
我是睁着双眼走进这关系的
I went into this with my eyes open.
我知道随时都可能变卦
GINGER: I knew the bottom could drop out any time.
我也混过,你真以为 我在没有保障的情况下…
I’m a working girl. You don’t think I’m gonna go into a situation like this…
会走这条路吗?
if I don’t think I’m covered on the back end?
是啊,我可以了解
Sure, I can see that.
他买♥♥了好多珠宝给我 好多好多
So he put aside some jewelry for me. A lot of jewelry.
很多贵重的珠宝? 大概值多少?
A lot of expensive jewelry? About how much?
你想偷吗?
You want to steal it?
不,只是好奇 我是在想…
No. I’m just curious. I was wondering…
他会在那种东西里 投入多少钱
how much he would put into a thing like that.
他跟我说大约一百万 可能更多
I’m told it’s worth about $1 million, maybe more.
那就是罗 这说明了什么?
NICKY: There you go. What does that tell you?
一百万的珠宝
$1 million in jewelry.
这不说明了他爱你爱到疯了吗?
Does that tell you he is crazy about you?
我根本就不该嫁给他的
I should have never married him.
他是双子座的,双子加三♥级♥,两面人
He’s a Gemini. Triple Gemini. Duality.
双子座就像条蛇 你不能相信蛇
Gemini is the snake, you know. You can’t trust a snake.
我说真的
I mean it.
我懂你的意思,金吉儿,听着
I know what you mean. Listen, Ginger.
这可能不是… 我也没有答案
This is probably not…. I don’t have the answers anyway.
-这可能不是你想听的 -我想
-This is probably not what you want to hear. -I do.
你不高兴,我可以理解…
You’re a little upset, and I understand that.
但先撑着点吧 慢慢来,看看会发生什么事
But try to make the best of it now. Go slow. See what happens.
他差点杀了他!
He could’ve killed him!
他用不着打他 我又没跟他上♥床♥
He didn’t have to hit him. I’m not sleeping with the guy.
他让我得偷偷摸摸的 跟我的朋友见面
He makes me sneak around to see my own friends.
这算什么呢?
What the fuck is that all about?
我想是因为他太爱你了吧 他吃醋又担心
I guess it’s ’cause he loves you so much, he’s jealous and worries.
谁会在乎我做什么?
Who gives a fuck what I do?
我会试着问问到底怎样
I’ll try to find out what the hell is going on.
-遇到他时我会跟他谈谈的 -好
-When I see him, I’ll talk to him. -Okay.
-可以吗? -好
-All right? -Yeah.
谢了…
Thanks…
忍♥受我唠叨
for putting up with me.
别喝这么凶吧 这只会让情况更糟
Take it easy with this shit. This can only make matters worse.
你是个美女,别搞砸了
You’re a beautiful girl. Don’t ruin that.
我看过太多漂亮女孩 因这个变丑八怪
I’ve seen a lot of girls get shot to hell from this stuff.
你真好
You’re so nice.
好了啦 我不想见你不快乐
Come on, now. I don’t wanna see you unhappy.
谢了
Thanks.
没事啦
It’s all right.
县辅♥导♥派特委布来见你
County Commissioner Pat Webb is here to see you.
-等一下 -好的,请稍候
-Give me a minute. -Okay. Just a minute.
你需要什么吗?
RECEPTIONIST: Can I get you anything?
不,谢谢,小姐
No, thank you, little lady.
让他进来,然后四分钟后打给我
Send him in and call me four minutes after.
罗斯坦先生,我是派特委布
Mr. Rothstein, I’m Pat Webb.
你好吗?
How do you do?
-幸会 -我常听起你的事
-It is a pleasure. -I heard a lot about you.
过奖了,庄家最近还过得去
PAT: Thank you, sir. House is doing well.
那么多钱滚滚而来
All that money is rolling in.
我很感激你愿意见我这老公仆
I appreciate you taking the time to see a poor old civil servant.
-不如坐下吧? -谢谢您
SAM: Why don’t you have a seat? PAT: Thank you, sir.
我是来亲自化解…
PAT: I come here personally to smooth over…
一些小误会的
any fracas about a certain matter.
你可能不知道…
Maybe you didn’t know it…
但道恩华德在镇上挺受欢迎的
but Don Ward is a very well-liked man in this town.
他有许多朋友 他们家族及产业也很久了
He’s got lots of friends. His family and their money go back many years.
朋友是选民 家人与金钱都能助选
Friends vote, family and money votes.
这对你我都很重要
That’s important to me and you.
若你从这个角度 来看我们这个小问题的话…
If you’ll think about our little problem along them lines…
很抱歉我得这么说…
and you’ll forgive me for saying it…
但他可能不该被开除
maybe he did not deserve to be fired.
他非常清楚我们…
He knew about our getting hit…
在一瞬间被赢了三个大奖 但他却袖手旁观
on three big machines in a row, and he did nothing about it.
他要不是跟他们一伙 那很抱歉,他就是蠢到看不见
Either he was in on it or, forgive me, he was too dumb to see it.
不论如何,我都无法让一个 这样的人在这儿工作
Either way, I cannot have a man like that working here.
在将过错都推给道恩前…
Before we point the dirty end of the stick at old Don…
我们得先确定有证据这样指控他
we better be sure we can prove them charges.
相信我,要是有证据 他早就被逮捕了
Believe me, if I could prove it, he’d be under arrest.
你确定要让赌博游乐委员会…
Are we certain that you want the Gaming Control Board…
过目你与你的帮派朋友 尼奇的记录吗?
eyeballing your record and your gangster pals like Nicky?
我觉得你这样跟我说 有点太过份了
I think you’re way out of line talking to me like that.
你所说的几乎是毁谤 你无权怀疑我的专业
What you’re saying is libelous. You’re in no position to challenge my expertise.
我已尽我所能去 帮助并善待那孩子
I went way out of my way to be helpful and courteous to that kid.
他太弱了也很无能 他使这地方濒于险境
He’s weak. He’s incompetent. He jeopardizes the whole place.
我对他真的无能为力
There’s not much more I can do for him.
这倒是真的
You have got me there.
道恩就像公猪身上的奶头一样无用
Old Don is as useless as tits on a boar.
但他还是我的小舅子…
But he is my brother-in-law…
我会当是我欠你的一个人情
and I would look on it as a personal favor…
若你愿意考虑重新聘用他
if you’d think some more on hiring him back.
我不能
I can’t do that.
我知道他是你的小舅子
I appreciate the fact that he’s your brother-in-law.
我也想帮你更喜欢卖♥♥人情
I do want to help you and I like to do favors.
我也知道你的地位 但我真的不能这么做
And I know who you are. But I cannot do that.
日后是否会有其它较适合的…
Could there be any position…
职位呢?
farther down the trough?
抱歉,并没有
I’m sorry. I can’t do anything.
他太无能了 最终还是他不能被信任
He’s too incompetent. The bottom line is he cannot be trusted.
好吧,谢谢
SAM: Okay, thanks a lot.
抱歉
That’s it. I’m sorry.
罗斯坦先生 你们这帮人永远都不会懂…
Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand…
这里的世界如何运作
the way it works out here.
你们只不过来此地做客
You’re all just our guests.
但却喧宝夺主
But you act like you’re at home.
让我告诉你,老兄 这并不是你家
Let me tell you something, partner. You ain’t home.
家是我们州长生气时 送你们回的地方
But that’s where we’ll send you if it harelips the Governor.
-多谢你空出时间见我 -没问题
-Thank you for your time. -No problem.
-对不起 -当然
-Sorry. -You bet.
我的药呢?
SAM: What happened to my pills?
你喝那么多酒还不够吗? 你还要吃我的药?
Isn’t it bad enough you drink too much? You’re taking my pills, too?
我没吃你的药
GINGER: I didn’t take your pills.
我因为胃溃疡,才吃半颗
For my ulcer, I take a half of one of these.
而且是痛到无法忍♥时才吃
That’s when I have extreme pain.
我本来有三个月份的 你弄到哪里去了?
I had a three-month supply. What did you do with them?
你用不着打他的
GINGER: [Crying] You didn’t have to beat him up.
什么?
SAM: What?
我只是想帮他
GINGER: I was just trying to help him.
好像我跟他上♥床♥似的
GINGER: Like I’m sleeping with the guy.
是吗,我哪知道?
Yeah, how do I know?
你不能让我完全不关心别人
GINGER: You can’t make me stop caring about people.
-什么? -我说…
SAM: What? GINGER: I said…
你不能让我完全不关心别人
you can’t make me stop caring about people.
听着…
SAM: Listen…
我只想让一切比较好