你没告诉我你有口语的部分。
You didn’t tell me you had a speaking part.
如果可以的话。 两行。
If you can call it that. Two lines.
你做得很好。 而且你看起来很美。
You did it very well. And you looked beautiful.
最好的部分是我加薪了。 现在每周18美元。
The best part about it is I got a raise. It’s $18 a week now.
您可以奢侈地支持我。
You can support me in luxury.
乔治,我真幸运。
I just had a little luck, George.
那是我们之间的唯一区别。
That’s the only difference between us.
您应该尽力而为,尽力而为。
You ought to push your luck and play it for all it’s worth.
您应该穿好衣服,一个宜居的地方。
You ought to have good clothes and a nice place to live.
您可以闯入另一个世界,嘉莉。
You can make your way up into that other world, Carrie.
我离开的那一个。
The one I left.
-你是说一个人吗? -你永远不会孤单。
– You mean alone? – You’re never alone up there.
它在这里很寂寞。
It’s down here where it’s lonesome.
-早上好,乔治。 – 早上好。
– Morning, George. – Good morning.
听这话,嘉莉。
Listen to this, Carrie.
“在乘坐新装备的科隆航♥空♥公♥司♥的乘客中
“Among the passengers arriving on the newly equipped S.S. Coronia
是小乔治·赫斯渥伍德先生和太太。
are Mr and Mrs George Hurstwood Jr.
赫斯渥太太是埃德加·帕默斯顿(Edgar Palmerston)的女儿艾伦·帕默斯顿(Ellen Palmerston),
Mrs Hurstwood was Ellen Palmerston, daughter of Edgar Palmerston,
帕默斯顿犁公♥司♥的创始人
founder of the Palmerston Plough Company
芝加哥贸易委员会主席。
and chairman of the Chicago Board of Trade.
这对年轻夫妇将住在帕默斯顿庄园的湖景”。
The young couple will live at Lakeview, on the Palmerston estate”.
那是我儿子
That’s my son.
我们曾经很亲近。
We were very close once.
他是一个好男孩。
He’s a fine boy.
你想去见他吗?
Would you like to go and see him?
好吧…
Well…
…我不知道。
…I don’t know.
你怎么看?
What do you think?
我把你的另一件衬衫洗了。
I’ve got your other shirt washed.
我可以帮你熨烫。
I could iron it for you.
自从他看见我已经很久了。
It’s a long time since he saw me.
我想我们俩都变了。
I guess we’re both changed.
看起来不错,乔治。
You look fine, George.
也许你我甚至可以回到芝加哥。
It might be that you and I could even go back to Chicago.
-让我离开一段时间。 – 为什么?
– Leave me out of it for a while. – Why?
好吧,他一定听说过关于我的可怕事情。
Well, he must have heard terrible things about me.
我不会离开你。
I won’t leave you out of anything.
他现在是一个恋爱中的男人。 他会明白我所做的一切。
He’s a man in love himself now. He’ll understand everything I’ve done.
这是获得帮助的机会。 拿去。
This is a chance to get help. Take it.
不管发生什么事情,乔治,都接受。
No matter what else happens, George, take it.
走着瞧。
We’ll see.
如果一切顺利,您可以稍后再寄给我。
If things work out all right, you can send for me later.
你会和我在一起。
You’ll be with me.
乔治。
George.
亲我,乔治。
Kiss me, George.
再见。
Goodbye.
再见。
Goodbye.
祝你好运。
Good luck.
艾伦! 乔治!
Ellen! George!
哦,爱伦,亲爱的。
Oh, Ellen, darling.
– 你看起来很棒。 – 很高兴见到你。
– You look wonderful. – Glad to see you.
您有什么可以告诉我的吗?
Is there anything you can tell me that’s a little bit more colourful?
我们周日的读者喜欢个人风格。
Our Sunday readers like personal touches.
我们有沉闷的东西。 在纽约的两个季节,一年的旅途。
We’ve got the dull stuff. Two seasons in New York, one year on the road.
你最喜欢的食物,和导演吵架,浪漫的情趣?
Your favourite food, fights with the director, romantic interests?
我想不出什么。
I can’t think of any.
Madenda小姐,有一位先生从芝加哥见您。
Miss Madenda, there’s a gentleman to see you from Chicago.
五分钟的窗帘。
Curtain in five minutes.
是你吗?
Is it you?
它是。
It is.
-查理(Charlie)是名字。 -魅力十足的游戏。
– Charlie’s the name. – Charm’s the game.
谢谢。 我可以从中得到一个故事。
Thanks. I can get a story out of this.
-在 Sunday Globe 中查看。 -谢谢,卡尔洪先生。
– Look in the Sunday Globe. – Thank you, Mr Calhoun.
-不是疤痕。 – 不。
– Not a scar. – No.
任重而道远。 你看起来很可爱。
What a long, long way. You look lovely.
您成功了,您更高,更漂亮,更年轻,更快乐。
You’re successful, you’re taller, prettier, younger, happier.
坐下,查理。
Sit down, Charlie.
至于我,我每天吃五顿饭,有150个领带,
As for me, I eat five meals a day, have 150 neckties,
这是自熨斗大厦以来我所见过的最伟大的事情。
and you’re the greatest thing I’ve seen since the Flatiron Building.
– 你好吗? – 我没事。 你现在住在哪里?
– How are you? – I’m fine. Where do you live now?
我现在有一个很棒的大新公♥寓♥。 很多活泼的家具。
I got a great big new apartment now. Lot of snappy furniture.
但是,当您进入Ogden Avenue的公♥寓♥时,它的外观从未像现在这样好。
But it never looked as nice as that Ogden Avenue flat when you were in it.
-我很高兴你很繁荣。 -出来吃一口,喝一瓶。
– I’m glad you’re prosperous. – Come out after for a bite and a bottle.
你会?
Will you?
不,谢谢你,查理。
No, thank you, Charlie.
我学会了定点晚饭,就像和赫斯渥一样。
I learned to order a dinner just as good as Hurstwood.
说,他有没有嫁给你,嘉莉?
Say, did he ever marry you, Carrie?
是的。
Yes.
好吧,你在那里。
Well, there you are.
当我听到他抓住了你,那个财源滚滚的小镇,
When I heard he grabbed you and that money and blew town,
我把德比戏do给了他。 真是个家伙
I doffed my derby to him. What a guy.
2分钟。
Two minutes.
-他曾经在这里工作吗? – 当然。 他为什么不呢?
– Did he ever get work here? – Of course. Why wouldn’t he?
像这样的事情很难保密。
It’s pretty hard to keep a thing like that a secret.
-保守秘密吗? – 你对我开玩笑?
– Keep what a secret? – You kidding me?
如果您要贬低他,那是可鄙的。
If you’re trying to belittle him, it’s contemptible.
不要生我的气。 我为他坚持。
Don’t get mad at me. I stuck up for him.
当芝加哥??的每个人都说他是个普通贼时,我一直为他辩护。
I kept defending him when everybody in Chicago said he was a… common thief.
我知道他为什么偷了钱。
I knew why he stole the money.
他会竭尽所能来救你。 他做到了。
He’d have done anything to get you. He did.
-乔治偷了钱? -你不知道吗?
– George stole money? – You didn’t know?
您是唯一没有这么做的人。 在所有芝加哥报纸上都有。
You’re the only one who didn’t. It was in all the Chicago papers.
当您离开时,他以10,000美元的价格打开了菲茨杰拉德的保险箱。
He opened Fitzgerald’s safe for $10,000 the night you and he left.
如果有人烧过他的桥,他肯定会的。
If anybody ever burned his bridges, he sure did.
这就是为什么。
So that was why.
如果他们在他花了钱之前还没有捡起他,那他们会把他收拾起来的。
If they hadn’t picked him up before he spent it, they’d have put him away.
在那之后,他当然是一个有标志的人。
After that, of course, he was a marked man.
这就是为什么他从未找到工作。
That was why he never got a job.
没有朋友。
Had no friends.
从未找到帮助。
Never found help.
您必须付钱给这个世界上的提琴手。
You’ve gotta pay the fiddler in this world.
我不在乎他有多爱你。
I don’t care how much he loved you.
我毁了他
I ruined him.
窗帘,Madenda小姐。
Curtain, Miss Madenda.
我毁了他
I ruined him.
谢谢你。 请稍等。
Thank you. Please wait.
您好,奥兰斯基夫人。
Hello, Mrs Oransky.
-我是嘉莉。 – 是的。 我知道。 嘉莉
– I’m Carrie. – Yeah. I know. Carrie.
从那边。 记住?
From over there. Remember?
当然,我记得你。
Sure, I remember you.
这是一个煤油加热器。
This is a coal-oil heater.
我想也许您可以使用它。
I thought maybe you could use it.
这很好。 它是新的。
It’s good. It’s new.
他们没事。 你卖♥♥他们?
They’re all right. You selling them?
不,这是给你的礼物。 我想把它给你。
No. It’s a present for you. I want to give it to you.
你好。
Hello.
你好,安妮。
Hello, Annie.
你不记得我了,对吗?
You don’t remember me, do you?
-最近怎么样? – 好的。 进来。
– How has she been? – All right. Come in.
您上次见我丈夫是什么时候?
When did you last see my husband?
自从房♥东把他赶出去之后,还没有。 你离开他一个月左右。
Not since the landlord threw him out. A month or so after you left him.
我没有离开他。 他正要回到芝加哥。
I didn’t leave him. He was going back to Chicago.
我认为他不可能到达那里。
I don’t think he could have got there.
他身体状况不佳。
He wasn’t in such good shape.
不。布鲁姆先生告诉我,他有一段时间一直在见他。
No. Mr Blum was telling me he kept seeing him for a while.
他进去压榨他的脏衣服。 他看上去很糟糕。
He went in to get his dirty clothes pressed. And he looked terrible.
凯莉,你真的在??找他吗?
Are you really looking for him, Carrie?
是的。
Yes.
你去看百隆先生 他可能知道。
Go see Mr Blum. He might know.
– 谢谢。 再见。 – 再见。
– Thank you. Goodbye. – Goodbye.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!