– 我马上回来。 -你不会坐下吗,艾伦先生?
– I’ll be right back. – Won’t you sit down, Mr Allen?
我会的,但是我…我像猫一样紧张。
I would, but I… I’m as nervous as a cat.
没有后门,走火通道或绳索。
No back doors, fire escapes or ropes.
说,这是您来到这里的一个漂亮的小巢。
Say, it’s a nice little nest you got here.
您与酒店有联♥系♥吗?
Are you connected with the hotel?
是的。
Yeah.
我们在这里过得愉快。
We’re enjoying our stay here.
是的。 我的家庭办公室意识到了这一点。
Yeah. My home office figured that.
-这是论文。 – 美好的。 让我们来看看。
– Here are the papers. – Fine. Let’s take a look.
在外面,请艾伦先生。
Outside, Mr Allen, please.
他可能会把贝尔的电♥话♥簿寄给我。
He might be sending me home with a Bell telephone book.
好吧,你仍然健康。 和…
Well, you’ve still got your health. And…
为了诚实起见,我会给您一张收据。
I’ll give you a receipt, just to keep it honest.
当然,这不是众所周知的。
Of course, this isn’t generally known.
– 是吗? -盗窃?
– Is it? – The theft?
梅迪辛哈特的几个小伙子对此一无所知。
A couple of fellas in Medicine Hat don’t know about it.
任何超过$ 1,000的抢劫案,我们都会自动通知所有客户。
Any robbery over $1,000, we automatically inform all our clients.
您应该知道这一点。 您经营一家一流的餐厅。
You ought to know that. You ran a first-class restaurant.
我们在该国的每个地方都与之紧密相连。
We bond about every place like it in the country.
说,告诉我,我很好奇。
Say, tell me, I’m just curious.
为什么像您这样的小伙子会做这样的事情?
Why does a fella like you do a thing like that?
收据。
The receipt.
雪茄?
Cigar?
没有恶意。 只是想成为社交。
No offence. Just trying to be social.
再见。
Goodbye.
我不太喜欢他。
I didn’t like him very much.
乔治,他是谁?
Who was he, George?
他在嘲笑我吗?
Was he laughing at me?
乔治?
George?
站在那里。
Just stand there.
乔治。
George.
乔治,那是什么? 那个人是谁?
George, what is it? Who was that man?
什么事?
What’s the matter?
乔治,你必须告诉我。
George, you must tell me.
我想要。
I want to.
嘉莉,你非常爱我吗?
Carrie, do you love me very much?
我当然是了。
Of course I do.
-你在担心什么? – 关于那个。
– What are you worried about? – About that.
现在有很多事情要依靠它。
An awful lot depends on it now.
为什么?
Why?
我坏了。
I’m broke.
亲爱的,我以为发生了一件非常可怕的事情。
Darling, I thought something really terrible had happened.
你愿意和我在一起并相信我吗? 你会继续爱我吗?
Will you stay with me and trust me? Will you go on loving me?
为什么,我们结婚了。 我是你的妻子。
Why, we’re married. I’m your wife.
嘉莉,那还不够。
Carrie, that’s not enough.
-对不起,你嫁给我了吗? – 亲爱的。
– Are you sorry you married me? – Darling.
尝试了解它,亲爱的。 我们只有不到50美元。
Try to understand it, darling. We’ve got less than $50.
我在芝加哥欠了很多钱。 我今天还了钱。
I owed a lot of money in Chicago. I paid it back today.
-对艾伦先生? – 是的。
– To Mr Allen? – Yes.
但是我还是有钱的。
But I’m still rich.
我有你的爱。
I’ve got my love for you.
我担心的是你。 你有什么?
It’s you I fear for. What have you got?
我有你,乔治。
I’ve got you, George.
您将很快获得良好的职位。
You’ll have a fine position in no time.
明天我将寻找便宜的公♥寓♥。
I’ll look for a cheap apartment tomorrow.
我们会处理。 你会看见。
We’ll manage. You’ll see.
-我有时间 吗-我的一生,亲爱的
– Have I the time… – All our lives, my darling.
…重新开始?
…to start again?
Gus,接他们。
Pick ’em up, Gus.
-杰克,这里还有更多黄油。 – 黄油。
– More butter here, Jack. – Butter.
听着,我正在处理四个桌子。 你知道黄油在哪里。
Listen, I’m handling four tables. You know where the butter is.
好吧,杰克。 好的。
All right, Jack. All right.
八十分,$ 8.75,$ 9。
Eight-fifty, $8.75, $9.
九美元和十美分。 那是1.80美元… 80。
Nine dollars and ten cents. That’s $1.80… Eighty.
每张$ 1.80。
$1.80 each.
关于服务生的有趣的事情,
Funny thing about head waiters,
他们不会捡起的东西,以及他们会捡到的东西。
the things they won’t pick up and the things they will.
嗨,洛克菲勒。
Hey, Rockefeller.
我想和你谈谈。
I wanna talk to you.
嘿,乔治。 对于斯劳森先生。
Hey, George. For Mr Slawson.
您从未告诉过我您曾在芝加哥的菲茨杰拉德酒店工作过。
You never told me you worked for Fitzgerald’s in Chicago.
好吧,我将不得不让你走。 我想你知道为什么。
Well, I’ll have to let you go. I guess you know why.
-给我那个球。 -不,我先了解。
– Give me that ball. – No, I got it first.
鲍比,这分钟到这儿来,否则你会知道会得到什么。
Bobbie, come here this minute or you know what you’ll get.
我回来了,嘉莉。
I’m home, Carrie.
– 你在哪? -我在这里,乔治。
– Where are you? – I’m in here, George.
-我的女孩好吗? – 美好的。
– How’s my girl? – Fine.
– 你好吗? – 美好的。
– How are you? – Fine.
今天我们的午餐生意很好。
We had a very good lunch trade today.
我很高兴。
I’m glad.
– 你做了什么? -我走到了格拉梅西公园。
– What did you do? – I walked over to Gramercy Park.
他们周围有篱笆,并且被锁住了。 它仅适用于邻居。
They have a fence around it and it’s locked. It’s only for the neighbours.
但这很可爱。 那里的护士和孩子们。
But it’s lovely. Nurses and children there.
我们将住在这样的社区。 我们不会永远留在这里。
We’ll live in a neighbourhood like that. We won’t stay here for ever.
我不是那个意思
I didn’t mean that.
-必须有一个洞。 -我花了两美元。 我不得不。
– There must be a hole in it. – I took two dollars. I had to.
我在杂货店付了账单,还给布鲁姆先生打扫卫生。
I paid our bill at the grocery, and gave Mr Blum a little for the cleaning.
您支付得太快了。 让他们等待。
You’re so quick to pay them. Let them wait.
他们等不及了。 他们和我们一样需要金钱。
They can’t wait. They need the money just as much as we do.
我不能买♥♥食物和东西,也不能付钱。 这是不诚实的。
I can’t buy food and things and not pay for them. It’s not honest.
– 你是什么意思? -就像偷东西一样。
– What do you mean? – It’s like stealing.
闭嘴!
Shut up!
嘉莉
Carrie.
嘉莉,亲爱的。
Carrie, darling.
对不起。
I’m sorry.
-嘉莉,请听我说。 – 它是什么?
– Carrie, please listen to me. – What is it?
生无可恋。 我必须摆脱这个。
I’m desperate. I’ve got to get out of this.
如果我能省下1,000美元,就可以摆脱困境,找到自己的住所。
If I could get $1,000 saved, to get out of this, to get a place of my own.
如果这是我的,我可以将它构建为某种东西。
If it was mine, I could build it into something.
我们如何从您的收入中节省1,000美元?
How can we save $1,000 out of what you make?
我做过一次。 我买♥♥了房♥子。 我抚养孩子。 我过得很好
I did it once. I bought a house. I raised children. I lived well.
-没有人生活得更好。 -不要再谈论过去了。
– Nobody lived better. – Stop talking about the past.
有什么好处?
What good is it?
让我们来看看会发生什么,但不要担心。
Let’s take what comes, but let’s not worry so.
拿着它? 这样生活吗?
Take this? Live like this?
乔治。
George.
你能帮我个忙吗?
Will you do me a favour?
你会帮我去商店吗? 我去拿你的外套。
Will you go to the store for me? I’ll get your coat.
得到一瓶牛奶,报纸和雪茄。
Get a bottle of milk, your newspaper and a cigar.
嘉莉
Carrie.
你太好了,嘉莉。
You’re wonderful, Carrie.
你好? 你好?
Hello? Hello?
-奥兰斯基夫人? – 是的?
– Mrs. Oransky? – Yes?
– 我可以过来吗? – 当然。
– Can I come over? – Sure.
– 你好。 -你好,嘉莉。
– Hello. – Hello, Carrie.
-我可以带她出去吗? – 当然。
– Can I take her out? – Sure.
-你在这个公♥寓♥里有婴儿吗? – 当然。 他也是。
– Did you have the baby in this flat? – Sure. Him too.
-花了很多钱吗? – 为了什么?
– Did it cost a lot of money? – For what?
我不知道。 医生,衣服。
I don’t know. Doctors, clothes.
不。
No.
你?
You?
没事儿。
That’s fine.
应该是非常漂亮的孩子。
Ought to be very pretty baby.
如果我回到家,我会做更多的事情。
If I was back home, I’d know more about what to do.
-这座城市有很大的不同吗? -都是一样的。
– Is it very different here in the city? – It’s the same all over.
您可以在夏天保持凉爽,在冬天保持温暖。 他们相处。
You keep them cool in the summer and warm in the winter. They get along.
乔治? 你回来了吗?
George? Are you back?
– 当时你在哪里? -和我坐一会儿。
– Where were you? – Sit with me a moment.
我的裤子上沾满了污垢。 我洗掉了
I got mud on my trousers. I washed it off.
-我想告诉你一些事。 -在干。
– I want to tell you something. – It’s drying.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!