我可以在走之前把你睡个好觉吗?
Can I mix you a nice nightcap before I go?
不,谢谢,迈克。
No, thanks, Mike.
乔治。
George.
你好,菲茨。 我很高兴你在这里。 当我关闭保险柜时…
Hello, Fitz. I’m glad you’re here. As I was closing the safe…
我没来谈生意。 我是应你妻子的要求来的。
I didn’t come to talk business. I’m here at your wife’s request.
-为了您自己的利益。 -我会处理的。
– For your own good. – I’ll handle this.
-不关你的事。 -这完全是我的事。
– It’s none of your business. – It’s very much my business.
您管理着芝加哥最受人尊敬的商场。
You manage the most respectable emporium in Chicago.
那就是你必须采取的行动。
That’s how you’ve got to act.
我看到了这件事。 你在一个不道德的女人的手中。
I saw this coming. You’re in the hands of an unscrupulous woman.
你是个老人,菲茨。 别。
You’re an old man, Fitz. Don’t.
在这个不幸的阶段,我要付你工资给朱莉娅。
I am going to pay your salary to Julia during this unfortunate phase.
如果您没有更多的钱可以花在这个女人身上,
If you have no more money to spend on this woman,
她很快就会把自己的恩惠卖♥♥给其他地方。
she’ll soon sell her favours somewhere else.
出租车司机!
Cabby!
出租车司机!
Cabby!
657奥格登(Ogden)。
657 Ogden.
在这里等候。
Wait here.
– 这是谁? – 是我。
– Who is it? – It’s me.
-嘉莉,请。 – 离开。
– Carrie, please. – Go away.
我必须告诉你一些事情。 我必须见你。 请。
I’ve got to tell you something. I must see you. Please.
我再也见不到你了。 绝不。 请走开。
I’ll never see you again. Never. Please go away.
嘉莉,你…
Carrie, you…
你不明白。 关于杜洛埃(Drouet)。 他受伤了。
You don’t understand. It’s about Drouet. He’s been hurt.
嘉莉,你听见我说话吗? 查理受伤了。 他想见你。
Do you hear me, Carrie? Charlie is hurt. He wants to see you.
– 他在哪里? – 在医院。
– Where is he? – In the hospital.
我会穿衣服。 等待。
I’ll get dressed. Wait.
联合车站。
Union Station.
– 他在哪里? -他在芝加哥外面。
– Where is he? – He’s just outside Chicago.
很快,我们必须坐火车。 司机,快点。
Quick, we have to catch a train. Driver, hurry.
他是怎么到那里去的?
How did he get out there?
我不知道。
I don’t know.
它怎么发生的?
How did it happen?
-他受了重伤吗? – 不,我不这么认为。
– Is he badly hurt? – No, I don’t think so.
好吧,你是怎么发现的?
Well, how did you find out?
电报。
A telegram.
这是我所知道的。
That’s all I know.
您将在La Salle Street上度过美好时光。
You’ll make better time on La Salle Street.
枕头先生
Pillows, sir?
– 谢谢。 – 谢谢你,先生。
– Thank you. – Thank you, sir.
我们要去看查理…
We are going to see Charlie…
…不是吗?
…aren’t we?
什么?
What?
– 你要带我去哪儿? -我会告诉你你是否会安静。
– Where are you taking me? – I’ll tell you if you’ll be quiet.
我们很快就会在恩格尔伍德。 你可以在那下车。 我不会阻止你的。
We’ll be in Englewood soon. You can get off there. I won’t stop you.
那么关于查理的所有事情,那只是另一个谎言。
Then all that about Charlie, that was just another lie.
是的。 在你离开我的生活之前,我必须告诉你一些事情,
Yes. I have to tell you something before you walk out of my life,
这是我唯一能想到的方法。
and this was the only way I could think of.
我对你撒谎,关于我的妻子,我的家人和我的意图。
I lied to you about my wife, my family and my intentions.
我知道,如果您知道真♥相♥,您将再也见不到我。
I knew you’d never see me again if you knew the truth.
我永远不会
I never will.
你以为我骗了你,因为我便宜了你。 那是错的。
You think I lied to you because I held you cheap. That’s wrong.
我不能冒险失去你。 我真的很爱你。
I couldn’t risk losing you. I love you so much.
-亲爱的,我将永远爱你。 -恩格尔伍德。
– Darling, I will always love you. – Englewood.
下一站。 恩格尔伍德。
Next stop. Englewood.
这可能是我们的开始。
This could be a beginning for us.
作为夫妻,我们可以拥有生活中的一切并在一起。
We can have everything in life and have it together, as man and wife.
那是不对的!
That’s not true!
嘉莉
Carrie.
我没有老婆
I have no wife.
我们终于摆脱了彼此。
We’re rid of each other at last.
截至今晚,我有空。 一个自♥由♥的人。
As of tonight, I’m free. A free man.
-你好吗? -她会离婚的。
– How can you be? – She’ll get a divorce.
她需要证据。 现在她有了它,她可以得到它。
She needed evidence. Now she has it, she can get it.
这就是她一直在等待的东西。
This is just what she’s been waiting for.
我们一到纽约就可以马上结婚。 相信我。
We can marry right away, just as soon as we get to New York. Trust me.
我赌你爱我。
I’ve gambled on your loving me.
如果您不这样做,嘉莉,您必须现在下车。
If you don’t, Carrie, you must get off now.
但是如果你这样做…
But if you do…
如果你爱我…
If you do love me…
都上了。
All aboard.
都上了。
All aboard.
– 什么事? -哥伦比亚。
– What’s the matter? – Columbia.
– 什么? – 我的狗。 我离开他了
– What? – My dog. I left him.
他会没事的。
He’ll be all right.
他会找我的。 他想跟着我。
He’ll look for me. He’ll want to follow me.
一条小狗到纽约很长的步行路程。
It’s a long walk to New York for a little dog.
嘉莉
Carrie.
你睡了吗
Did you nap?
不,我不能。 我一直在看着窗外。
No, I couldn’t. I’ve been looking out the window.
– 你这阵子都在干什么? -我已经出差了。
– What have you been doing? – I’ve been out on business bent.
我去了邮局
I went to the post office,
然后我去了几家小餐馆,偷♥窥♥,
and then I went to a couple of little restaurants, snooping,
然后我决定要戴一顶新帽子。
and then I decided I needed a new hat.
我们要去剧院,我要表现最好。
We’re going to the theatre, and I want to look my best.
-好戴的帽子吗? -路易丝夫人是这样认为的。
– Is it a nice hat? – Madame Louise thought so.
谁?
Who?
哦,乔治。
Oh, George.
-不是给我的。 好吧,这不是给我的。
– It’s not for me. – Well, it’s not for me.
穿上。
Put it on.
不,我的头发不对。 等一下。
No, my hair isn’t right. Wait a minute.
你开心吗,我的嘉莉?
Are you happy, my Carrie?
快乐的? 乔治,看着我。
Happy? George, look at me.
看看我们在哪里。
Look at where we are.
我是纽约市的乔治·赫斯渥夫人。
I’m Mrs. George Hurstwood of New York City.
赫斯渥先生?
Mr Hurstwood?
你是一个很难找到的人。
You’re a hard man to find.
我叫艾伦。 西部邦定公♥司♥。
My name is Allen. Western Bonding Company.
你还剩多少钱?
How much have you got left?
这是菲茨杰拉德先生和我之间的个人问题。
This is a personal matter between Mr Fitzgerald and myself.
和我。
And me.
菲茨杰拉德先生有我的个人说明。 我认为这是一笔贷款。
Mr Fitzgerald has my personal note for the amount. I consider it a loan.
我们认为这是盗窃罪。
And we consider it grand larceny.
我很抱歉。 这是你的笔记。
I’m so sorry. Here’s your note.
不能接受
Unacceptable.
– 为什么? -无抵押。
– Why? – No collateral.
我在芝加哥的银行有18,000美元。
I’ve got $18,000 in the banks in Chicago.
我有股票。 我有我的房♥子…
I have stocks. I’ve got my house…
我们试图把它从你妻子那里拿走。
We tried to get it out of your wife.
她会看到你在监狱里腐烂的,赫斯渥。 你还剩多少钱?
She’ll see you rot in jail, Hurstwood. How much have you got left?
我有机会购买♥♥生意。
I have an opportunity to buy into a business.
一年后,我可以退款。
In a year, I could refund.
-知道了吗? – 谁?
– Has she got it? – Who?
你知道…
You know…
-我有6,000。 -十分之一? 不。
– I have 6,000. – Out of ten? No.
我们去见桌子上士吧。
Let’s go and meet the desk sergeant.
我会看到菲茨杰拉德得到每一分钱。
I’ll see that Fitzgerald gets every cent.
但是你不比防盗好,我得带你进去。
But you’re no better than a burglar, and I’ve gotta take you in.
如果您告诉我您已经吹了几百个并且拿出了大部分,我会听的。
If you tell me you’ve blown a few hundred and come up with the bulk, I’ll listen.
慢慢来。
Take your time.
先生,晚上好。
Good evening, sir.
好吧?
Well?
-我有9,000。 -几百?
– I have 9,000. – And how many hundreds?
– 三。 – 五?
– Three. – Five?
-我告诉过你,三个。 -9300。去得到它。
– I told you, three. – 9300. Go get it.
-你可以在这里等吗? -很好。
– Will you wait here? – That’s pretty good.
不,我会和你一起去。 我变得寂寞。
No, I’ll go with you. I get lonesome.
这是嘉莉·艾伦先生。
This is Mr Allen, Carrie.
-怎么办? -你好吗,艾伦先生?
– How do? – How do you do, Mr Allen?
是在地毯下吗?
Is it under the rug?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!