这太自私了 因为
And it’s selfish, because…
因为我从不拒绝
because I just take everything,
而我什么都不知道
and I don’t know anything,
我都不知道自己要什么 却从不拒绝
and I don’t know what I want, and how could I
我怎么能这样呢
when all I ever do is say yes to everything?
这一切我心甘情愿
I took what you gave willingly.
不是你的错
It’s not your fault,
特芮丝
Therese.
知道吗
All right?
谢谢你 亲爱的
Thank you, darling.
那你现在如何
So, how are you now?
你也知道的
Oh, you know.
打击很大 恶心到了
Shattered, sickened.
别担心 会有办法的 我保证
Don’t worry. We’ll figure this out, I promise you.
但愿吧
I hope so.
有什么需要吗
Anything else you need?
没了 明天再聊
No, no, talk tomorrow.
-试着睡一下 -好
– Try and get some sleep. – I will.
-别担心 -谢谢
– And don’t worry. – Thank you.
-晚安 -晚安
– Good night. – Good night.
你没必要睡那儿
You don’t have to sleep over there.
她走了吗
She’s gone?
一大早
Early this morning.
还回来吗
Is she coming back?
不了
No.
都是我的错
This is all my fault.
胡说
That’s nonsense.
该出发了
We should get going.
吃点儿
Eat something.
随你
Suit yourself.
你干嘛恨我
Why do you hate me?
我又没伤害你
I haven’t done anything to you.
你真认为我飞了大半个国家
You really think I’ve flown halfway across the country
来开车送你回东部 是因为恨你
to drive you back east because I hate you
并且想看你遭罪吗
and want to see you suffer?
是为了卡罗尔 不是我
It’s for Carol, not for me.
不是
That isn’t…
你和卡罗尔
With you and Carol,
有过什么
what happened?
完全不同
It’s completely different.
我十岁的时候就认识她了
I’ve known Carol since I was ten years old.
大概五年前吧
It was five or so years ago.
夏天
Summer.
一天夜里 我的福特车
Late one night, my Ford…
在我母亲家附近抛锚了
broke down near my mother’s house.
我们本想保持清醒
We tried to stay up…
但最后在我的单人床上
but curled up together
卷成一团
in my old twin bed.
就是这样
And that was it.
持续了一段时间
For a while.
后来就变了
And then it changed.
总是会变
It changes.
不是任何人的错
Nobody’s fault.

So…
怎么
What?
给你
Here.
亲爱的
Dearest,
世上没有意外
there are no accidents,
他总会知道我们的事
and he would’ve found us one way or another.
一切皆有始终
Everything comes full circle.
长痛不如短痛
Be grateful it was sooner rather than later.
我知道这么说很残酷
You’ll think it harsh of me to say so,
但任何解释都无法令你满意
but no explanation I offer will satisfy you.
请不要生气我这么说
Please don’t be angry
你想找解决方案或得到解释
when I tell you that you seek resolutions
都是因为你太年轻
and explanations because you’re young.
但终有一天你会懂的
But you will understand this one day.
到那时候
And when it happens,
请你相信我也会为你开心
I want you to imagine me there to greet you,
经历黑暗后我们的生活终将迎来
our lives stretched out ahead of us,
永恒的光明
a perpetual sunrise.
但在那之前
But until then,
我们不能有任何联♥系♥
there must be no contact between us.
我还有很多事要做
I have much to do,
至于我亲爱的你 则有更多
and you, my darling, even more.
请相信我会尽一切可能让你幸福
Please believe that I would do anything to see you happy.
所以我将做到我唯一能做的
And so, I do the only thing I can.
放手
I release you.
你好
Hello?
卡罗尔
Carol?
我想你
I miss you.
我想你
I miss you.
特芮丝
Therese?
你知道吗
You know,
这些照片棒极了
these are seriously good.
你真正捕捉到了
You really captured
这个人物的瞬间
whoever this is.
那些只是习作
Oh, they’re just practice.
你真的应该把它们结成作品集
You really ought to put together a portfolio.
只要你愿意 我可以把你介绍给
Say the word, I’ll introduce you
我在《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的朋友
to my pal at the Times.
他们总是有文员的职位空缺
There’s always a clerk job going.
你是跟她走的 是吗
You went away with her, right?
是的
Yeah.
发生什么事了
What happened?
什么都没发生
Oh, nothing.
很难…
It’s hard to really…
这是因为我那天试图吻你吗
Is this because I tried to kiss you that day?
因为如果真是那样
Because if it is,
你一点都不用担心
don’t even think about that.
你不用害怕
You don’t have to be afraid of…
我不是害怕
I’m not afraid.
趁着天亮我们把这些弄完好吗
Let’s finish while we still have light, okay?
还是觉得你应该弄个作品集
Still think you should put together that portfolio.
好吧
Okay.
这个世界和我们已经度过了
The world and we have passed the midway point
这个充满持续挑战的世纪的一半
of a century of continuing challenge.
再来点土豆泥吗 卡罗尔
More mashed potatoes, Carol?
好的 谢谢
Oh, yes, thank you.
很好吃
They were delicious.
-给你 -谢谢
– Here you are. – Thank you.
谢谢你 凯特
Thank you, Cate.
这个事实定义了今天的意义
This fact defines the meaning of this day.
我们正被这光荣的
We are summoned,
历史性的仪式召唤着
by this honored and historic ceremony…
我还以为
I had thought, perhaps,
玛姬和切斯特
that-that Marge and Chester
现在应该带着瑞迪回来了
would be back by now with Rindy.
玛姬说我们先开始吃吧
Marge said to go ahead,
不用等他们
not to wait.
我很确定他们马上就回来了
I’m sure that they’ll be here soon.
哈奇说你非常配合
Harge tells us you’ve been getting along quite well
你的医生 卡罗尔
with your doctor, Carol.
难道她不应该好好配合吗
And why shouldn’t she get along well?
那医生收费很高的
He’s a very expensive doctor.
其实他不算是医生
Well, actually, he’s not a doctor.
他是个心理治疗师
He’s a psychotherapist.
他很有名的
Well, he’s very well regarded.
耶鲁毕业 跟你叔叔一样
A Yale man, like your uncle.
是啊 但是那他也不是医生
Yes, but that doesn’t make him a doctor.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!