食物糟透了。
The food was awful.
但我想,总比什么都没有强。
But it was better than nothing, I guess.
如果你不掐我的话,我就不会踢你了。
If you hadn’t choked me, I wouldn’t have had to kick you.
你踢我吗?我觉得没有什么。
You kick me? I feel nothing.
都收拾好了,不是吗?
All cleared up, hasn’t it?
天气,现在很好。
The weather, it’s nice now.
-直到你出现。-是他们送我上去的
– It was till you come up. – Well, they sent me up.
不。不,我打赌他们让你留下来了。
No. No, I bet they ask you stay.
他们说你想教我如何当值。
They said you wanted to show me how to go on watch.
不错的家伙们。
Nice fellows.
——好的。来吧,看。——如何?
– All right. Go ahead, watch. – How?
只是保持安静。
Just keep quiet.
去某个地方。去找找冰山或者船什么的。
Go someplace. Go look for iceberg or boat or something.
这就是我们要看的吗?这似乎是胡言乱语。
Is that all there is to watching? That seems like a lot of hooey.
傻事?
Hooey?
什么样的聪明人会说那个“胡话”?
What kind smart talk that “hooey”?
你最好告诉水手天使你那聪明的话。我想他会喜欢听的。
You better tell sailor’s angel that smart talk. He like to hear that, I think.
——他是谁?-我猜你什么都不知道,是吧?
– Who’s he? – I guess you don’t know nothing, huh?
水手的天使,他一直在天上飞来飞去。
Sailor’s angel, he fly around up there all time.
你看这里,小心下面的25个人。
You watch here, look out for 25 men below.
他在那里看着你,他在照顾你。
He watch up there, he look out for you.
也许你可以去睡觉。他用翅膀轻拍你的肩膀,说:
You go sleep, maybe. He tap you on shoulder with his wing and he say:
“嘿,曼纽尔,醒醒。有什么事吗?我为你感到羞耻。”
“Hey, Manuel, wake up. What’s the matter? I ashamed for you.”
他是个很好的人。每个人都知道。
He very nice fellow. Everybody know that.
哦。
Oh.
左舷什么也没有。
Well, nothing on the port side.
这很好。在右舷吗?
That fine. Anything on starboard?
不。右舷也没有。
No. Nothing on the starboard, either.
脑子里什么也没有。
And nothing in the head.
左舷,右舷。
That port, that starboard.
我打赌我知道很多你不知道的事情。
I bet I know a lot of things you don’t know.
我知道你唱的不是法语。
I know that’s not French you’re singing.
这是正确的。大约有1000万人知道这是葡萄牙语。
That’s right. About 10 million people know it’s Portuguese.
我敢打赌你不会说法语。-抱歉,我现在说英语。
– I bet you can’t speak French. – Right now I sorry I speak English.
这是什么?
What’s this?
这是一艘船,很容易看到。
That’s a boat, that’s easy to see.
是啊,也许你♥爸♥爸回来看看你会不会被淹死?
Yes, maybe your father come back see if you good and drowned, huh?
是的,那艘船并不比这艘大。
Yeah, that boat’s no bigger than this one.
-你为什么一直唱?-因为我喜欢唱歌♥。
– What do you keep singing for? – Because I like to sing.
我以前从来没听过那首歌♥。——我,无论是。他是我瞎编的。
– I’ve never heard that song before. – Me, neither. I just make him up.
你不会写歌♥。
You can’t write songs.
我不写它们。我只是发现它们在我嘴里。
I don’t write them. I just find them in my mouth.
你编出来的歌♥不可能有那么好的效果。
A song can’t be any good like that when you just make it up.
说,那是最好的情歌♥。
Say, that’s best kind songs.
当你内心感觉良好时,就像信风一样,她就出来了。
When you feel good inside, like trade wind, she just come out.
<我美丽的女人> /我美丽的女人
O my beautiful lady
人们学习歌♥曲。歌♥曲并不仅仅存在于这样的人的内心。
People learn songs. Songs aren’t just inside of people like that.
我说,有时候一首歌♥太大,太甜,我就是无法让他说出来。
Say, sometimes a song so big and sweet inside, I just can’t get him out.
然后我抬头看星星,可能会哭。感觉好极了。
And then I look up at stars and maybe cry. It feels so good.
你从来没有这样的感觉吗?
Don’t you never feel like this?
-不,我想你不会的。-别人也没有。
– No, I guess you don’t. – Nobody else ever did, either.
我说,我父亲活着的时候,他唱的歌♥比我还好。
Say, my father, when he alive, he made better songs than me.
他唱的是什么歌♥?
And what kind of songs did he sing?
关于太阳和大海的歌♥曲。关于云的歌♥。
Songs about the sun and the sea. Songs about the clouds.
关于风和风暴的大歌♥曲。
Big songs about the wind and the storms.
还有一些关于我妈妈鼻尖的小歌♥曲。
And little songs, too, about the tip of my mother’s nose.
哦,我的父亲,他觉得内心很美。
Oh, my father, he feel beautiful inside.
-他就唱歌♥吗?——是……
– Is that all he did, was sing? – Is that…
我父亲是整个马德拉群岛最好的渔夫……
My father was the best fisherman in the whole Madeira Islands…
-每个地方都是这样。-那还不够。
– and that’s every place. – Well, that’s not so much.
你是什么意思?
How you mean, not so much?
我是说,他没帮过你多少忙。我是说,他什么也没留给你。
Well, I mean, he didn’t do much for you. I mean, he didn’t leave you anything.
他才离开……
He didn’t leave…
他给我留下了一把他祖父留给他的绞弦琴。
He leave me this hurdy-gurdy that his grandfather leave him.
他教我钓鱼,教我驾船。
He teach me how to fish, how to sail a boat.
他给了我胳膊、手和脚,在外面感觉很好……
He gave me arms and hands and feet, feeling good outside…
他教我如何让内心感觉良好。
and he teach me how to feel good inside.
这些都是我父亲做的。他还有17个孩子。
My father do all this. He have 17 other kids, beside.
一个父亲还会做什么?
What else a father do, huh?
-哦,我不知道。-说,听着,我的…
– Oh, I don’t know. – Say, listen, my…
上尉迪斯科!
Capt. Disko!
上尉迪斯科!
Capt. Disko!
我相信珍妮·库什曼,她现在就在我们的严厉之下
That Jennie Cushman, she is even now under our stern!
我想她会让你幸福的!
She come make you happy, I think!
<我> Cushman珍妮吗?我可能知道,
The Jennie Cushman? I might’ve known it.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
那是她的好管闲事的,长长的上桅在窥视我们的尾迹。
That’s her nosy, long topmast prying into our wake.
<我>嘿,那里!Cushman !
Hey, there! On the Cushman!
你说的那个可怜的船长的借口在哪里?
Where’s that poor excuse for a skipper you got aboard?
“是谁在找他呢?”
And who is it might be wanting him?
你知道谁想要他,你这黑线鳕!
You know consarned well who wants him, you bilge-raised haddock!
好吧,如果不是碟乐队的话。
Well, if it ain’t Disko Troop.
我想我应该一个人在这里钓鱼。
And me thinking I was gonna fish here all alone.
是谁告诉你我在这里让你跟着我的,迪斯科?
Who passed you the word I was here so you could follow me, Disko?
听着,沃尔特·库什曼。
Now look here, Walt Cushman.
我恶心得快要干了……
I’m sick near to retching…
你用我的脑子钓了一条鱼。
at you using my brains to catch a trip of fish.
每当我找到一个好地方,就在我的指引下航行。
Sailing under my wake every time I find a good spot.
为什么,军队上尉。
Why, Capt. Troop.
那么,这就是一位绅士与他在商业领域的同事交谈的方式吗?
Now, is that the way for one gentleman to talk to his colleague in commerce?
你跟踪我是因为我能找到鳕鱼…
You’re trailing me ’cause I can find cod…
你连半磅恶心的鱿鱼都找不到
where you can’t find half a pound of sick squid.
我去钓鱼,Disko…
I’ll do the fishing, Disko…
你只要拿出棋盘,试着弄清楚自己到底有多聪明。
you just get out that checkerboard and try to figure out how really smart you are.
那又怎样,他去年冬天跳棋赢了你,对吧?
So what, he beat you at checkers last winter, huh?
是啊,他在这方面也会作弊。
Yeah, and he cheats at that, too.
我想他这次也会赶我们去格洛斯特。
He’ll beat us into Gloucester this trip, too, I think.
哦,你是这么想的,是吗?
Oh, you think so, do you?
好吧,听我说,我要告诉你一件事。
Well, now, listen to me, I’m gonna tell you something.
我没那么笨。
I ain’t so dumb.
像那样瞎忙乱会使他认为这里钓鱼很好。
Fussing around like that will make him think the fishing is good here.
然后,到了早上,当雾卷进来的时候……
Then, in the morning, when the fog banks roll in…
我们偷偷溜出去,让他坐在这里,钓大鱼抓小鱼……
we’ll sneak out and leave him sitting here baiting big and catching small…
当我们出去捕鱼的时候。
while we’re out finding fish.
我们会在格洛斯特有充足的时间…
We’ll have a full hold and be tied up in Gloucester…
到8月1日,他还会在这里…
by the 1st of August, and he’ll still be out here…
四处挣扎,试图抓鱼…
floundering around, trying to catch fish…
否则我看起来会比他更像大♥比♥目鱼。
or I’ll look more like a halibut than he does.
他们肯定在生对方的气,不是吗?
They sure are mad at each other, aren’t they?
不,不,不。他们不是疯了。他们只是编出来的。
No, no, no. They’re not mad. They just make it up.
他们总是这样做。
They do that all time.
这里的每个人都疯了。
About everybody’s crazy here.
你编你的歌♥,他们编他们很疯狂。
You make up your songs, they make up they’re mad.
你有铺位,你最好到下面去。
You got bunk, you better go below.
-不,我宁愿呆在这里。-你下去。
– No, I’d rather stay here. – You go below.
-不,我要呆在这看着。-我在这里看。你去那儿,看着。
– No, I’m gonna stay here and watch. – I watch here. You go there, watch.
去睡觉了。做点什么。我不懂你的意思。
Go sleep. Do something. I no understand you.
在我的心里,有一个位置是属于我最爱的人的
There’s a place in my heart For the one I love best
我还把她的照片纹在我的胸口上
And I still keep her picture Tattooed on my chest
耶,ho,小鱼不哭,不哭
Yeah, ho, little fish Don’t cry, don’t cry
耶,ho,小鱼不哭,不哭
Yeah, ho, little fish Don’t cry, don’t cry
好吧,我想那一次,我已经抢在了沃尔特·库什曼前面。
Well, I stole a march on Walt Cushman all right, I reckon, that time.
是的,我们确实这么做了。
Yes, we did that, certain sure.
我们做到了,你这个该死的老农夫。
We did, you darned old farmer.
继续,保持航线,东北偏东。
Go on, hold her to her course, northeast by east.
她老是跟来跟去。
She heels over so much.
留下她的脚后跟。你现在不能操纵割草机了。
Well, leave her heel. You ain’t steering no mowing machine, now.
把铅放下,曼纽尔。
Heave that lead, Manuel.
他认为他抓住了母牛的尾部,也许吧?
He think he got hold stern end of cow, maybe, huh?
嘿,小子。嘿,醒醒。
Hey, kid. Hey, wake up.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!