不要,泰勒先生,请不要。不喜欢。
Don’t, Mr. Tyler, please don’t. Don’t.
两小时前,你本可以侥幸逃脱的,哈维
Two hours ago, you might have gotten away with that very nicely, Harvey.
从现在开始,它就不走了。
From now on, it doesn’t go.
这就是今晚我们要说的,孩子。
That’s all we’ll have to say tonight, Son.
-埃利奥特,我又要当爸爸了-天哪,谢恩先生。
– Elliot, I am going to be a father again. – Good heavens, Mr. Cheyne.
不不不,埃利奥特。
No, no, no, Elliot.
不,只是看起来聪明的小男孩…
No, it’s just that it seems that smart little boys…
来自所谓富有教养的父母…
from so-called wealthy, well-bred parents…
靠自己的力量无法成长得很成功。
don’t grow up very successfully by themselves.
-如果你说的是哈维,先生…-是的,我是。
– If you’re speaking of Harvey, sir… – Yes, I am.
你得到下周的票了吗?-是的,7号♥的《安妮女王》
– Did you get passage for next week? – Yes, the Queen Anne on the 7th.
你想看一下伦敦公♥司♥的文件……
You wanted to go over the London corporation papers…
-在你退休之前。-是的。
– before you retire. – Yeah.
那就找个大一点的套房♥吧。哈维和我们一起去
Well, get a larger suite. Harvey’s going with us.
看来他一直……
It seems that he’s been…
——大体。-哦,对不起,先生。
– rusticated. – Oh, I am sorry, sir.
你会带一位家庭教师跟他一起去吗?
Will you be taking a tutor along with him?
那你怎么知道那是什么意思?
So how the deuce did you know what that meant?
坦率地说,我欣然接受了一个明显的结论。
Frankly, I jumped at an obvious conclusion.
你比我聪明,埃利奥特。
Well, you’re smarter than I was, Elliot.
没有,没有导师。我得靠近那个男孩。
No, no tutors. I’ve got to get closer to that boy.
如果我知道从哪里开始,我就见鬼了。
I’m darned if I know just where to begin.
可怜的孩子,也许都是我的错。我不知道。
Poor kid, maybe it’s all my fault. I don’t know.
哦,好吧。
Oh, well.
我会设法做到的。
I’ll make it somehow.
如果无线电告诉他们每艘船的位置,他们为什么要…
If the radio tells them where every ship is, why do they have to…
– x光片,谢恩先生。-哦,谢谢。什么,哈维?
– Radiogram, Mr. Cheyne. – Oh, thanks. What, Harvey?
我说,如果无线电告诉他们所有船只的位置……
I said, if the radio tells them where all the ships are…
他们为什么要一直吹那只老雾号♥?
why do they have to keep on blowing that old foghorn all the time for?
我们现在已经离开大浅滩了。那里有很多小渔船。
We’re off the Grand Banks now. A lot of small fishing boats out there.
对收音机来说太小了。他们不想打任何一个。
Too small for a radio. They don’t want to hit any of them.
我打赌这条船可以穿过其中一条。
I bet this boat could go right through one of them.
为什么他们要从陆地上跑这么远来捕鱼?
Why do they have to come so far out from land to fish for?
他们就是在这里从岸边捕获鳕鱼和大♥比♥目鱼的。
This is where they get all the codfish and halibut off these banks.
那些孩子不会相信你拥有这艘船的。
Those boys wouldn’t believe you own this boat.
我不,哈维。我只是这一行的负责人之一。
I don’t, Harvey. I am just one of the directors of the line.
你是董事长,所以那是老板,对吧?
Well, you’re the chairman, so that’s the boss, isn’t it?
听着,孩子,你为什么不和这些孩子们玩一会儿呢?
Look, Son, why don’t you have some fun with these kids for a while?
我有一台收音机要发送,然后…
I’ve got a radio to send and then…
待会儿我来接你,然后我们去船长舰桥,对吧?
well, later on I’ll pick you up, and we’ll go up on the Captain’s bridge, huh?
听到了吗?
Hear that?
我父亲要带我上去见船长…
My father’s taking me up to see the Captain…
当他给他一些命令时。
when he gives him some orders, later on.
——哦,bushwah。-我来演你们两个。
– Oh, bushwah. – I’ll play you both.
你没看到我们已经在玩了吗?
Can’t you see we’re already playing?
那好吧,我想我要一杯冰激淋苏打。
All right, then, I think I’ll get an ice-cream soda.
你不能。冷饮店中午才开门。
You can’t. The soda fountain doesn’t open till noon.
哦,不是吗?我们走着瞧吧。
Oh, no? We’ll see about that.
嘿,管事。嘿,你,过来。
Hey, Purser. Hey, you, come here.
你们是那三个重要的客户吗?
Well, are you the three important customers?
是的。你有钱吗?
Yes. Have you any money?
-我有一角钱。-那还不够。
– I’ve got a dime. – That’s not enough.
我们要三杯巧克力冰淇淋汽水。让它们变大。
We’ll have three chocolate ice-cream sodas. Make them big ones.
你知道我们中午才开门,是吗?
You know we’re not supposed to open till noon, don’t you?
你没有别的事可做。
You’ve got nothing else to do.
哦,当然,这些你都知道。
Oh, of course, you’d know all about that.
我知道这艘船的一切。我都经历过了。
I know everything about this ship. I’ve been all over it.
-得到你的同意?-没关系。
– Meet with your approval? – It’s all right.
船员们会很高兴知道的。
Crew would be glad to know that.
好吧,把它们喝光,孩子们,别喝一整天,好吗?
All right, drink them up, boys, and don’t take all day, huh?
没有着急。我们会有另一个。
There’s no hurry. We’re going to have another.
-这对我就足够了。——我也是。
– This will be enough for me. – Me, too.
你怎么了?我可以有5到6个这样的。
What’s the matter with you? I could have five or six of these.
-是的,你可以。-我当然可以。让另一个。
– Yes, you could. – You bet I can. Make another.
但我很乐意为你做,即使我知道你做不到。
But I’ll be glad to make them for you, even though I know you can’t.
好的,我给你看看。
Yeah, I’ll show you.
在那里。你认为我做不到,是吗?
There. You didn’t think I could do it, did you?
很好,你确实让我大吃一惊。
That’s fine, you certainly surprised me.
我想我现在要去见我父亲了。
I think I’ll go meet my father now.
那是个男孩,现在去吃一顿丰盛的午餐吧。
That’s a boy, and go and eat a great big lunch now.
看,他生病了。他会生病的。
Look, he’s getting sick. He’s gonna be sick.
——哦。我没料到会这样。-我不是。我感觉很好。
– Uh-oh. I hadn’t counted on that. – I am not. I feel fine.
如果我愿意,我可以去见我父亲,不是吗?
I can go and meet my father if I want to, can’t I?
来吧,我跟你打赌。
Come on, I’ll bet you anything.
到甲板怎么走?我怎么到户外去?
Which way is it to the deck? How do I get outdoors?
右边第一个。
First to your right.
他来了,来吧。
There he goes, come on.
他来到这里。
He came out here.
嘿,哈维!
Hey, Harvey!
你试着把曼纽尔撞倒?
You try run Manuel down, huh?
你这个有烟嘴的大虎鲸。
You big killer whale with smoke spout.
你试着像吞曼纽尔一样吞下去,好吗?
You try swallow Manuel like he little smelt, huh?
这就是你要说的。
That’s all you ever got to say.
在Fishamingo岛上
On the Isle of Fishamingo
有一个酋长叫Bingo-Bingo
Lived a chief called Bingo-Bingo
这是什么?
What’s this?
她生下的鲸鱼,是吧?还有一头小公牛。
That whale she have calf, huh? Little bull calf, too.
里面全是海洋。
All full of ocean inside.
在这里。来,现在就来。
Here. Here, come on now.
我把你从大海里捞出来,现在你要把大海的一部分还给我。现在来吧。
I pull you out of ocean, now you give some of that ocean back. Come on now.
回馈。
Give back.
来吧,回报我。
Come on, give back.
我当了十五年的渔夫。我第一次钓到你这样的鱼。
Fifteen years I’ve been fisherman. First time I ever catch a fish like you.
嘿!船上!
Hey! Aboard the vessel!
嘿。
Hey.
我给你带来了一种新的鱼。
I bring you new kind of fish.
你得到了什么?
What’d you get?
我有一种新的鱼。
I’ve got new kind of fish.
它没有尾巴。他的背鳍上有裤子。
He got no tail. He got pants on his dorsal fin.
-我想他大概10岁左右。-哦,是个孩子,不是吗?
– I think maybe he about 10 year old. – Oh, it’s a kid, ain’t it?
去吧,按铃。
Go on, tend your bell.
——但是,爸爸……-你知道最好把手表留下…
– But, Dad… – You know better than leave your watch…
尤其是在雾中。去吧,按铃。
especially in the fog. Go on, tend your bell.
帮帮忙,奥利!
Lend a hand here, Olley!
我给他灌了点药。
I pump him out a little bit.
我想也许他还需要更多的抽气,对吧?
I guess maybe he need more pumping yet, I think, huh?
buoy-keg。
Get a buoy-keg.
他滚。
Roll him.
他一定是从轮船上掉下来的。
He must have fell off that liner.
确定。他不喜欢那个大傻瓜…他来拜访曼纽尔。
Sure. He no like that big foolish… He come visit Manuel.
他肚子里的盐水多了,不是吗?
He got more salt water in him, ain’t he?
在那里……
Where…
-这在哪里?-哦,你醒了?
– Where is this? – Oh, you’s awake?
你感觉怎么样,孩子?
How’s you feeling, boy?
我…
I…
我摔倒了,不是吗?
I fell, didn’t I?
-是你把我从水里拉出来的吗?-不,曼纽尔,是他钓你上船的
– Did you pull me out of the water? – No, Manuel, he fished you aboard.
你是谁?
Who are you?
我的医生。我是厨师。你的喉咙感觉怎么样?
I’s Doc. I’s the cook. How does your throat feel?
——糟透了。——总是这样。
– Awful. – Always do.
吃点这个,你会感觉好些的。
Take some of this and you’ll feel better.
哦,糟糕。
Oh, that’s worse.
-什么这么难闻?——气味?
– What smells so bad? – Smells?
这附近没什么不好闻的。
Ain’t nothing smells bad around here.
哦,你是说鱼。但它们没有气味。
Oh, you means the fish. But they ain’t got no smell.
这是很好的干净的咸鱼。
Them’s nice, clean salt fish.
70个精英已经在那片土地上撒了盐。
70 quintals already done salted down in that forehold.
这是船的底部吗?我父亲呢?
Is this the bottom of the ship? Well, where’s my father?
你的弟弟也落水了吗?
Was your pappy overboard with you, too?
-这是另一艘船。——就是这样。我们把你接走了。
– Oh, this is some other boat. – That’s it. We done picked you up.