你♥爸♥爸马上就来。
Your daddy will be here directly.
你想见到他有点过分了。不是你吗?
You’re kind of stretching to see him. Ain’t you?
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
你什么时候再出去钓鱼?
When are you going out fishing again?
哦,大约六周后,当我们在空中的时候。
Oh, in about six weeks, when we’re shipshape aloft.
丹也去吗?
Well, will Dan go, too?
不,那是冬天。丹会留在岸上,上学。
No, that’s the winter season. Dan’ll stay here ashore, school.
那你就需要有人代替他了,是吗?
Then you’ll need someone to take his place, won’t you?
是的,先生,我需要一个好帮手来接替丹的位置。
Yes, sir, I need a good hand to take Dan’s place.
我在想…
Well, I was thinking…
也许我还不够好……
Maybe I’m not quite good enough yet…
但曼纽尔说我…曼纽尔说……
but Manuel said I was getting… Manuel said…
嗯,儿子?
Well, son?
曼纽尔教会了我很多,我知道我可以。
Well, Manuel taught me so much, I know I could.
如果你带我一起去,我会…
And if you’ll take me along, I’ll…
我最愿意签的人就是你了,哈维
Well, now, there’s nobody I’d rather sign than you, Harvey.
但你是不是忘了…
But ain’t you kind of forgetting…
你和你♥爸♥爸为了弥补彼此失去的时间?
all the lost time you and your daddy have to catch up with each other?
今后一段时间,你应该在他旁边睡,好吗?
You’ll want to berth alongside him for some time to come, won’t you?
-是的,先生,但是…——哈维!
– Yes, sir, but… – Harvey!
…他有很多事要做。我喜欢当渔夫。
…he has lots to do. And I like being a fisherman.
我一直在想这件事。我想成为和……一样优秀的人。
I’ve been thinking about it. I want to be as good a one as…
我的意思是,我想留在这里和你在一起
I mean, I want to stay here with you on the We’re Here.
哈维!你好,哈维!你在哪里?它的父亲。
Harvey! Hi, Harvey! Where are you? It’s Father.
你♥爸♥爸来了,不是吗?
There’s your daddy now, ain’t it?
是的,先生,如果你现在告诉我
Yes, sir. So if you’ll tell me now
-我能不能…——哈维!
– whether I can… – Harvey!
你好,爸爸。
Hello, Father.
哈维,儿子。
Harvey, Son.
嗯,很好。我的男孩。
Well, well. My boy again.
所以你看,哈维,明天一早离开…
So you see, Harvey, by leaving early tomorrow morning…
我们可以乘卧铺飞机离开波士顿。
we can get the sleeper plane out of Boston.
-是的,先生-你想要卧铺飞机
– Yes, sir. – You’ll like the sleeper plane.
太棒了。大铺位和所有的东西,就像卧铺。
It’s great. Big berths and everything, just like a Pullman.
——我知道。但是,父亲。——什么?
– I know. But, look, Father. – What?
我在想如果…也许我可以坐船去某个地方。
I was thinking that if… Maybe I could go somewhere on a boat.
好吧。我打算把游艇搁起来过冬。
All right. I was going to put the yacht up for the winter…
但我们可以带她去百慕大。
but we might take her out and go to Bermuda.
我不是说游艇,我是说…
I didn’t mean the yacht, I meant the…
哦,好吧,我不知道。
Oh, well, I don’t know.
你看,飞机会把我们送到农场…
Well, you see, the plane would get us to the ranch…
及时赶上了围捕后的牛仔竞技。你会喜欢的,对吧,孩子?
in time for the rodeo after the roundup. You’d like that, wouldn’t you, Son?
但是那里没有钓鱼,对吗?
But there’s no fishing out there, is there?
世界上最好的钓鳟鱼。
The best trout fishing in the world.
如果我自己也这么说的话,我可以教你想飞哪儿就飞哪儿。
And if I do say it myself, I can teach you to cast a fly wherever you want to put one.
是啊,我曾经在杂♥志♥上读到过这种钓鱼。
Yeah, I read about that kind of fishing once in a magazine.
曼纽尔说,吃虫子的鱼都是某种青蛙。
Manuel said that any fish that ate a bug was some kind of a frog.
曼纽尔是谁?他听起来是个很有趣的人。
Who’s Manuel? He sounds like a pretty funny sort of person.
就是他把哈维从水中救出来的
He’s the man that picked Harvey out of the water.
我当然想见见那个人,上尉。
Well, I certainly want to meet that man, Capt. Troop.
-他在哪儿?-他死了,谢恩先生
– Where is he? – He’s dead, Mr. Cheyne.
孩子,你要去哪里?
Where are you going, Son?
就出去了。我一会儿就回来。
Just out. I’ll be back in a little while.
-你不想让我和你一起去吗?——没有。
– Don’t you want me to go with you? – No.
我是说,我一会儿就回来。真的,我会的。
I mean, I’ll be back in a little while. Really, I will.
好吧,我想这就是所有的食物了。
Well, I guess that’s all the vittles.
请到客厅里来谈谈好吗?
Will you come in the parlor and chat a while?
是的。
Yes.
他要去哪里,上尉?
Where was he going, Capt. Troop?
哦,我估计他有几件差事要做。
Oh, I reckon he has a couple of errands to do.
你要烟斗吗?我这里有一些很漂亮的烟草。
Will you have a pipe? I got some pretty fairish tobacco here.
——不,谢谢。-坐把椅子。
– No, thanks. – Have a chair.
这馅饼真好吃,妈妈。
That was fine pie, Mother.
谢谢你,掷铁饼者。我把盘子放一会儿。
Thank you, Discobolus. I’ll leave the dishes awhile.
爸爸,这里的音响刚刚好吗?
Dad, is this boom set in here just right?
让我们看看。
Well, let’s see now.
上尉,告诉我,那个绞弦琴…
Capt. Troop, tell me, that hurdy-gurdy…
那把剃刀是曼纽尔的吗?
and the razor, were they Manuel’s?
是的,他们是,谢恩先生。
Yes, they was, Mr. Cheyne.
他一定是个很好的人。
He must have been a pretty fine man.
哈维现在是个好孩子了,是我一直希望他成为的那种好孩子。
Harvey’s a fine boy now, the kind of boy I’d always hoped he’d be.
是的。他们是真正的室友,谢恩先生。
Yes. They was real dorymates, Mr. Cheyne.
是的,我曾经有过这样的机会。
Yes, I had that chance once.
恐怕我把它扔了。
I’m afraid I threw it away.
现在我又有机会了,我…
Now that I got the chance again, I…
我想这是我应得的。
Well, I guess I’m just getting what I deserve.
只要你把你的目标定得太晚…
Well, as long as you set your course a little too late…
也许是曼纽尔为你设计的。
maybe Manuel sailed it for you.
但这并不是说你不能在他后面航行。
But that don’t say you can’t sail it after him.
你还是那孩子的爸爸,伙计。
You’re still the boy’s dad, man.
一个男孩永远不会太老而不需要父亲。
A boy is never too old not to need a dad.
你只要向他伸出一根缆绳。
You just hold a hawser out to him.
总有一天,他会把你放在心上。
Someday he’s going to lay onto it and pull you right into his heart.
当你进去的时候,你会发现曼纽尔是个非常令人满意的人。
And when you do get in there, you’ll find Manuel mighty satisfactory company.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
你确定你不会改变主意,来烟斗吧,谢恩先生?
Sure you won’t change your mind, have a pipe, Mr. Cheyne?
不用了,谢谢,上尉。我…
No thanks, Capt. Troop. I…
如果你不介意的话,我想出去走走。
I think I’ll take a little walk, if you’ll excuse me.
是啊,你为什么不这么做呢?
Yeah, why don’t you do that?
也许在教堂附近闲逛?
Stroll up by the church, maybe?
是的,傍晚的这个时候,那里非常漂亮。
Yes, it’s mighty pretty there this time of evening.
这是曼纽尔写给他父亲的。
That one is from Manuel to his father.
是的,我的儿子。
Yes, my son.
这是我写给曼纽尔的。
And that one is from me to Manuel.
你觉得够好吗?我只有9美元。
Do you think they’re good enough? I only had $9.
哦,我知道。
Oh, I know they are.
-我现在该怎么办?-你愿意跪在这里祈祷吗?
– What do I do now? – Would you like to kneel here and pray?
-我能说点什么吗?——任何东西。
– Can I say anything? – Anything.
你必须呆在这里吗?
Do you have to stay here?
不,我的儿子。
No, my son.
看起来……
Look…
我想你有一大堆事情要做……
I guess you have an awful lot of things to do…
照顾好每个人。
taking care of everybody.
听着,如果是那样的话,曼纽尔说的…
Look, if it is that way, the way Manuel said…
你能不能把它修好,让某天……
could you fix it so someday…
曼纽尔父亲的多莉上会多出一个座位……
there’ll be an extra seat in Manuel’s father’s dory…
跟他和曼纽尔一起?
with him and Manuel?
因为我要和曼纽尔在一起。我到达。
Because I just got to be with Manuel. I got to.
我想这就是我想问的。
I guess that’s all I wanted to ask.
所以,请。
So, please.
哈维。
Harvey.
哈维,儿子。
Harvey, Son.
我只是想出去走走。
I just wanted to get out in the air for a little while.
去吧,儿子,让它过去吧。我知道这件事。
Go ahead, Son, let it go. I know about it.
-我知道曼纽尔的事-求求你,求求你走开。
– I know about Manuel. – Please, please go away.
哈维,我们之前谈得不多,是吧?
Harvey, we haven’t talked much before, have we?
但我们现在可以开始了。我们可以好好谈谈。
But we can start now. We can talk this over.
从现在开始,我们可以讨论所有的事情,对吧,儿子?
We can talk over everything from now on, can’t we, Son?
你最好到楼上去。我一会儿就回来。
You better go up to the house. I’ll be back in a little while.
-真的,我会的-不,让我留下来陪你。
– Really, I will. – No, let me stay here with you.
也许我能帮忙。
Maybe I can help.
到你♥爸♥爸身边来,儿子。我不介意你哭。
Come here to your dad, Son. I don’t mind your crying.
请不要上这条船。这是曼纽尔的多莉。曼努埃尔和我的。
Please don’t get in this boat. This is Manuel’s dory. Manuel’s and mine.
我知道这很痛,孩子,但你不会一直有这种感觉的。
I know it hurts, Son, but you won’t always feel like this.
想想看,明天你就要坐上那架大卧铺飞机了。
Just think, tomorrow you’ll be on that big sleeper plane.
在你意识到之前,你就已经飞过了落基山脉的顶端。
Before you know it, you’ll be flying right over the tops of the Rocky Mountains.
除了这儿,我哪儿也不想去。我想待在这里……
I don’t want to go anywhere but here. I want to stay here…
像曼纽尔那样去钓鱼。
and go fishing, the way Manuel did.
-我要和曼纽尔在一起。——哈维。
– I want to be where Manuel is. – Harvey.
孩子,你不听我说吗?
Son, won’t you listen?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!