记得那时候…
Remember that time when…
他没有在加利利海钓到鱼吗?
he don’t catch no fish in the sea of Galilee?
而救世主,他站在岸上说:
And the Savior, He stand on the shore and He say:
“西蒙,你把网撒在右边。”
“Simon, you throw your net on the right side.”
西蒙,他把网撒在右边…
And Simon, he throw his net on the right side…
他钓了那么多鱼,他的网几乎裂成两半。
and he catch so many fish, his net, it almost break in two.
我认为救世主,他是最好的渔夫。
I think the Savior, He the best fisherman.
但我的父亲,他是下一个。
But my father, he come next.
不像这样捕鱼。哦,不,不。
And not fishing like this. Oh, no, no.
鱼总是咬人的。
Fish bite all time.
当没有鱼时,救世主,他制♥造♥更多的鱼。
When no more fish, the Savior, He make more fish.
他做了更多的鱼。他做了更多的面包。
He make more fish. He make more bread.
他酿了更多的酒。
He make more wine.
晚上,他独自站在那里守望。
And at night He stand watch all by Himself.
他说:
He say:
“晚安,渔民。你现在累了。
“Good night, fishermen. You tired now.
“去睡吧。”
“Go to your bunks.
“请不要打鼾。
“And no snorings, please.
“晚安,曼纽尔的爸爸。”
“Good night, Manuel’s father.”
哦,那个地方真不错。
Oh, that very nice place.
哦。
Oh.
有时我想我现在就到了那里。
Sometimes I think I go there right now.
然后我说,“哇,曼纽尔。
Then I say, “Now, whoa, Manuel.
“你得先当个更好的渔夫。
“You gotta be better fisherman first.
“那个救星,他只把平底小渔船送给像你父亲那样一流的渔夫。”
“That Savior, He only give dories to first-class fishermen, like your father.”
所以我继续钓鱼。我不急。
So I keep on fishing. I no hurry.
我知道我父亲在他的多莉里为我留了位置。
I know my father keep place for me in his dory.
嘿,瞌睡脸,看。
Hey, sleepy-face, look.
-你登录一个bump。——哦,说。我没有……
– You log on a bump. – Oh, say. I didn’t…
简单,容易。他是个大块头。
Easy now, easy. He’s a big one.
离你屁♥股♥远点,听到了吗?快点,把他拉上来。
And stay off your backside, you hear me? Come on, pull him up.
我想……
I’m trying to…
你需要曼纽尔帮忙,对吧?我看你起水泡了。
You want Manuel help, huh? I think you get blisters.
水泡对渔民有好处。来吧。拉他上来,拉他上来。
Blisters good for fishermen. Come on. Pull him up, pull him up.
-嘿,这是什么?-是的。
– Hey, what’s this? – Yeah.
-把他拉上来。把他拉起来。-他是什么?
– Pull him up. Pull him up. – What is he?
他是一个大♥比♥目鱼。
He’s a halibut.
像主帆一样大,对吧?
Big, like mainsail, huh?
船又翻了。
The boat tipped again.
天啊,我告诉过你我会得到一个的,不是吗?
Gosh, I told you I’d get one, didn’t I?
天啊。我的小鱼钓到了比他大的鱼。
By golly. My little fish catch fish bigger than he is.
我觉得我的胡子不见了。
I feel my whiskers disappear now.
我告诉过你我们会打败长杰克和内特的,不是吗?
I told you we’d beat Long Jack and Nate, didn’t I?
当然,我们赢了所有人。
Sure, we beat everybody.
曼纽尔和他的小鱼,他们打败了所有人。
Manuel and his little fish, they beat everybody.
我们把你变成了渔夫,对吧,小鱼?
We make fisherman out of you, huh, little fish?
是什么胆小的乌贼干的?
What chicken-livered squid done this?
放松,杰克,那些钩子!
Easy, Jack, them hooks!
嗨,杰克。有什么事吗?
Hey, Long Jack. What’s the matter?
我们正在把第二个浴盆放出去,杰克在外面被卡住了。
We were putting out our second tub, and Jack was snagged overside.
他还不如绑在章鱼身上呢。
He might as well have fastened to an octopus.
-给他一把刀。-打断他。
– Get him a knife. – Cut him off.
内特,也许你需要一个新室友。
Nate, I think you need new dorymate, maybe.
一个好渔夫。
One what’s good fisherman.
也许下次你得到的不是什么老女人…
Maybe next time you get one what ain’t old lady…
是什么把编织针弄混了?
what gets all mixed up with knitting needles, huh?
那个长杰克,他疯了。-我就知道他会的
– That Long Jack, he is mad. – I knew he would be.
我想这会让他暂时停止钓鱼。
That will stop him fishing for a while, I guess.
你知道是什么意思?
What you mean you knew?
当我听说你昨晚和长杰克打赌时…
When I heard you betting last night with Long Jack…
我偷偷溜到甲板上,把他的拖网缠住了。
I sneaked up on deck and tangled up his trawl.
你做什么?
What you do?
确定。我在它上面打了几个结,从钩子上取下了很多诱饵。
Sure. I put some knots in it and took a lot of bait off the hooks.
你打算做什么?
What are you going to do?
你还活着,很强壮,是吧?那么好。
You still alive and strong, huh? That good.
你回去。你告诉其他鱼:
You go back. You tell other fish:
“曼纽尔的船上没有渔夫。
“Manuel ain’t got no fisherman in his boat.
“他没有室友。他只是作弊了。”
“He got no dorymate. He just got cheat.”
我用这种方法钓不到像你这样又大又壮又诚实的鱼。
And I no catch big, strong, honest fish like you that way.
大声地告诉他们。
Tell them good and loud.
但是,曼纽尔,我只是想让我们…我只是想让你赢。这是所有。
Oh, but, Manuel, I just wanted us… I just wanted you to win. That’s all.
这是什么?
Well, what have we got here?
有什么事吗?我不记得曾发出过上船的信♥号♥♥。
What’s the matter? I don’t remember hoisting no signal to come aboard.
我们失去了一些东西。我想这是我们从来没有过的。
We lose something. Something we never have, I think.
这孩子,他不喜欢我们钓鱼的方式。他想回来。
This kid, he no like our way fishing. He want come back.
曼纽尔,你不听我说吗?
Manuel, won’t you listen?
你给他手,也许吧。他没有办法欺骗自己。
You give him hand, maybe. He got no way cheat himself overside.
来吧,儿子。孩子,来这里。
Come on, son. Kid, come here.
不喜欢钓鱼,儿子?
Don’t like fishing, son?
会发生什么……如果周围的人都不和你说话你会怎么做?
What happens… What do you do when people don’t speak to you around here?
现在,你必须自己解决这个问题,孩子。
Now, you have to settle that yourself, son.
我是船员的船长,但我不会干护理他们。
I’m skipper to a crew, but I ain’t dry-nursing them.
我不参与争吵。
I don’t take no part in squabbles.
他们解决了自己之间的问题,就像其他事情一样。
They settle that between themselves, just like everything else.
无论你和曼纽尔之间有什么不愉快…
Whatever’s foul between you and Manuel…
你必须让自己自♥由♥和清醒。
you will have to free and clear yourself.
嘿,医生。
Hey, Doc.
是啊,先生,那可真是万无一失。
Yes, sir, that sure do beat all.
-他在说我什么?-他没说过你
– What was he saying about me? – He don’t say nothing about you.
只是有一个新的有趣的故事,仅此而已。
Just got a new funny story, that’s all.
你今天早上应该上船的,杰克。
You should have come aboard this morning, Jack.
这些东西现在已经深入人心了。
These things are worked in pretty deep now.
失去一天的捕鱼机会?没有,先生。
And lose a day’s fishing? No, sir.
有人希望我这么做。
That’s what somebody expected me to do.
任何胆怯的工作都不能阻止我完成我的一份工作……
No yellow-livered job is going to keep me from doing my share…
或者赢了一个赌注。
or winning a bet, either.
我能挺过去的,Jack…
I can pull this one through, Jack…
但恐怕我得把其他的删了。
but I’m afraid I’m going to have to cut the others.
很好。
Fine.
赌的是这个,杰克。我付得很快,是吧?
Here’s the bet, Jack. I pay prompt, huh?
我接受它,因为我赢得光明正大。
I’ll take it ’cause I won it fair and square.
这比你想的要多。
That’s a sight more than you tried to be.
你疯了,杰克。
You crazy, Jack.
你不觉得我弄脏了你的拖网吗?
You don’t think I fouled your trawl?
也许是拖网把自己弄脏了?
That trawl fouled itself, maybe?
我做拖网已经20年了,波特古西……
I been handling trawl for 20 years, Portegoosie…
我从来没见过这条线那样扭曲,除了有人用手。
and I never seen line snarl itself that way, except by human hands.
也许你太急于赢了,杰克,对吧?
Well, maybe you too anxious to win bet, Jack, huh?
也许你不把你的注意力放在事情上。
Maybe you no keep your mind on things.
听着,Portegoosie。
Listen, Portegoosie.
不是你就是那孩子干的。这是合乎情理的。
Either you or that kid done it. It stands to reason.
如果我发现他把他的约拿鱼鳍放到我的拖网里…
If I found he put his Jonah flippers into my trawl…
我要把它绕绞盘两圈,然后把它折断。
I’ll wind him twice around the capstan and break him off short.
我觉得你在自己身上放了钩子,好让自己有机会多喝点朗姆酒,是吧?
I think you put hooks in yourself so you got chance to drink more rum, huh?
你说我是骗子?
You call me a cheat?
杰克,你说话太大声了,你喝了太多的朗姆酒,是吗?
Jack, you talk too loud, you drink too much rum, huh?
我马上就会发现是谁干的。
I’ll discover right now who done it.
不然,我就把你身上没有的钩子砍下来。
Or, by thunder, I’ll cut hooks out of you where there ain’t none.
杰克,你的胳膊受伤了。
Jack, you hurt your arm.
不要,长杰克,不要。
Don’t, Long Jack, don’t.
它不是曼努埃尔。我做到了。昨晚你吃晚饭的时候,我做了这件事。
It wasn’t Manuel. I did it. I did it last night while you were having supper.
但我不是说你应该这样把钩子挂在胳膊上。
But I didn’t mean you should get the hooks in your arm this way.
诚实,我没有。
Honest, I didn’t.
我只是想找点乐子然后赢…
I just thought we’d have a little fun and win…
-为什么,你偷偷摸摸…-杰克,你是做什么的?
– Why, you sneaking little… – Jack, what you do?
你离远点,波特古西。
You keep out of this, Portegoosie.
噢,长杰克,你在担心什么?
Oh, Long Jack, what do you worry about?
他像个成年人一样承认了这一切。
He admit the whole thing like regular grown fella.
他说他很抱歉。现在一切都好了。
He say he sorry. Everything all right now.
在我打掉他的耳朵之前,一切都不正常。
Nothing’s all right till I beat his ears off. Get out of my…