我们也不知道发生了什么
We didn’t… we didn’t understand what was happening.
我们没必要在孩子们面前聊这些
We don’t need to talk about this in front of the children.
这些细节…
These are details that are…
没错 医生让她入院治疗
Yeah. The doctors, um, put her in the hospital.
– 给她药物 但她病得太重了 – 对
– They gave her medicine, but she was really sick. – Yeah.
后来她
And she…
死了
died.
生病的人会死
Sick people die.
有时候 他们才会死
Sometimes they… they die.
她死于…
She died ’cause of…
因为她的… 因为她的疾病
Because of her, uh… Because of the sickness.
她割腕自杀了 事情就是这样
She slit her wrists. She killed herself. That’s what happened.
或者是这样
Or that.
恕我失陪
Excuse me.
– 给你 亲爱的 – 谢谢
– Here you go, sweetie. – Thank you.
波
Bo?
– 敬妈妈 – 敬妈妈
– To mom. – To mom.
嘘
Shh.
连击
Combo!
最大连击
Extreme combo!
你死了
You are dead!
我们尽了最大努力了
We’re just doing the best we can,
本 所有人都会那么做
Ben. That’s all anybody is doing.
我也是
So am I!
已经尽了最大的努力做到最好了
Just the best that we know how.
我很抱歉达不到你的高标准
I’m sorry it doesn’t live up to your high standards!
我告诉孩子们事实 我不对他们说谎
I tell the truth to my kids. I don’t lie to my kids.
一些概念孩子们太小不能理解
Protecting children from certain concepts
不让他们知道不是说谎
that they are too young to understand is not lying to them.
我们还有邻居的好吗
Guys! We have neighbors, okay?
听着 现在是困难时期
Look, it’s a… it’s a very hard time right now.
大家都还有点情绪失控
Everybody’s still a little raw.
我们能不能上♥床♥睡觉 别说了
Can we just try to, come on, put this to bed, all right?
我道歉
I apologize.
抱歉没有尊重
I’m sorry for not respecting
你们家的处事方式
the way you guys do things in your home.
谢谢你能这样说
Thank you for saying that.
我知道雷思丽病了很久
I know Leslie had been sick for a long time,
但我无法想像这对你有多艰难
but I cannot imagine how difficult this time must be for you.
伙计们 你们在干什么
Uh, guys, what-what are you doing?
我们要睡在星空下
We’re sleeping under the stars.
但是… – 我们把楼下的娱乐室
But… – We made up the rec room
收拾好了 你们可以在那里过夜
downstairs for a sleepover.
是啊
Yeah.
我们睡这就好 没事的
We’re fine here. We’re fine.
好吧
Okay.
为什么他们一定要洗澡
Why do they have to take showers?
他们不是在洗澡
They’re not taking a shower.
看起来像是洗澡 但其实是间毒气室
I mean, it looks like a shower, but it’s really a gas chamber.
杰克逊 把游戏机放好 不然我就
Jackson, put that away or I’m
把它放进微波炉 点爆米花键
gonna put it in the microwave, press popcorn.
好吧
All right.
这样吧 你们要不带你们的
Actually, why don’t you take your
堂兄妹们去看看你们的战士模型
cousins and go show them your action figure guys?
– 为啥 – 因为他们可能从来没见过它们
– Why? – Because they may never have seen them before.
他们会很开心的
It might be fun.
那我们之后可以玩游戏机吗
So, can we play Xbox afterwards?
只能玩一盘 去吧
One game. Go.
太好了
Yes!
– 谢啦 – 去玩玩吧
– Thank you. – Yeah, try it.
– 孩子们都还好吗 – 他们都很强壮
– How are the kids doing? – They’re strong.
你们住那多久了
How long have you been out there…
就是你们现在住的地方
wherever it is you’re living now?
波三岁的时候 我们搬离了博尔德
We left Boulder when Bo was three.
到他八岁为止
And then we were on that
我们都住在俄勒冈的农场
farm we had in Oregon until he was eight.
然后十年前 我们买♥♥了森林里的那块地
So, we bought the land in the forest 10 years ago.
钱到现在都没花完吗
How do you still have money?
我们只买♥♥必需品
We only buy what we need.
是这样 我和哈珀讨论过了
Look, Harper and I have been talking.
孩子们需要个家 需要安稳
The kids need structure, stability.
他们必须接受真正的学校教育
They need to go to a real school,
这样才能找到工作
so they can get real jobs.
看在上帝的份上 你会害死他们的
Oh, for Christ’s sake. You’re going to get them killed!
抱歉
I’m sorry.
但是孩子们现在没了妈妈
But your kids are without a mother now.
我觉得你在教育孩子方面有失分寸
I don’t think you have any idea what you’re doing to them.
我在拯救他们 我就是这么做的
I’m saving their lives. That’s what I’m doing.
本 这听起来真荒谬
Ben, you sound so ridiculous.
难道知道如何接骨
Is knowing how to set a broken
或是治疗重度烧伤很荒谬吗
bone or how to treat a severe burn ridiculous?
难道知道如何在黑夜中
Knowing how to navigate by the
观星指路… 也很荒谬吗
stars in total darkness… that’s ridiculous?
如何分辨可食用植物
How to identify edible plants,
如何利用动物皮毛硝制衣物
how to make clothes from animal skins,
如何只带一把小刀就在森林里生存
how to survive in the forest with nothing but a knife?
– 这些对你来说都很荒谬吗 – 上帝啊
– That’s ridiculous to you? – Jesus.
他们拥有和杰出运动员们
They have the cardiovascular
同等级的心肺耐力和肌耐力
and muscular endurance levels of elite athletes.
那又怎样 他们还是孩子啊
Who cares? They’re children!
他们该去上学 该学会了解这个世界
They need to go to school. They need to learn about the world.
贾斯汀 杰克逊
Justin. Jackson?
能请你们下来一下吗
Would you please come down here for a second?
干什么
What?
– 你今年多大了 杰克逊 – 十三
– How old are you now, Jackson? – Thirteen.
能说说什么是权利法案吗
Can you tell me what the Bill of Rights is?
我猜 是关于重要的东西之类的
Um, what something costs, I guess.
很好的猜测
That’s a good guess.
– 贾斯汀 你在念高中 – 是啊
– Justin, you’re in high school? – Yeah.
– 你喜欢学校吗 – 就那样吧
– Do you like your school? – It’s whatever.
你知道权利法案吗
Do you know what the Bill of Rights is?
是个政♥府♥文件 对吗
It’s a government thing, right?
关于 美国人拥有的权利之类的
Like, rights that people have in America and stuff.
对 嘿 扎贾
Yep. Hey, Zaja?
怎么了
Yes?
能请你下来一会吗 宝贝
Would you please come down here a moment, sweetie?
我想问你个很简单的问题
I wanted to ask you a quick question.
对了 扎贾才满八岁
Zaja’s just turned eight, by the way.
权利法案
The Bill of Rights.
第一条: 国会不得制定关于
Amendment one: Congress shall make no law
下列事项的法律: 确立国教
respecting an establishment of religion,
或禁止信教自♥由♥
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
– 剥夺言论自♥由♥或… – 停
– or abridging the freedom of… – Stop.
我可不想看见你只会照着背下来
Regurgitating memorized amendments isn’t what I’m asking for.
用你自己的话来诠释它
Just tell me something about it in your own words.
如果没有权利法案 我们就会像中国一样
Without the Bill of Rights, we’d be more like China.
在这 至少不会有未经允许的搜查
Here, at least, we don’t have warrantless searches.
我们有言论自♥由♥
We have free speech.
市民们不会受到残酷或是不寻常的对待
Citizens are protected from cruel and unusual punishments…
– 够了 – 不会受到…
– That’s enough. – Are protected…
等下 扎贾
Wait a minute. Zaja.
你会怎么描述2010年最高法♥院♥
How would you characterize the
对联合公民诉联邦选举委员会案做出的判决
2010 supreme court decision on citizens united?
团体组织和人享有相同的权利
Corporations have the same rights as people,
所以他们没有过度消费候选人
so there’s no spending limit on candidates.
也就是说我们国家
Which means our country
是被组织以及藉由资助候选人
is ruled by corporations and their lobbyists
来谋取其忠诚的说客们统治的…
who fund candidates and command their fealty by demanding that…
天啊 你证明了你的观点 我们懂了
Jesus Christ. You made your point. We get it.
你们所有人 真令人诧异
It’s very impressive. All of you.