Yes.
好
Mr. Smith, you’re on the line.
史密斯先生 接通了
Hello.
喂
Hello?
喂?
Hello, Perry.
嗨 派瑞
They let me make a couple of phone calls before I go down to holding.
在我搬进死囚室前 他们让我打几通电♥话♥
You heard the Supreme Court rejected the appeal?
你听说最高法♥院♥驳回上诉了吗?
No, I didn’t. I hadn’t heard that.
不 我不知道 我没听说
Yeah.
对
I’m sorry.
真遗憾
Yeah. They let me make two phone calls.
对 他们让我打两通电♥话♥
We got a date set for the warehouse, Dick and me.
狄克和我已经知道进太平间的日期了
Two weeks and finito.
再两周就结束了
April 14.
4月14日
Will you visit me?
你会来看我吗?
Truman?
楚门?
It’s him again.
又是他
It is utterly inappropriate for me to talk to him.
由我跟他说话非常不合适
Yes?
喂?
I’m sorry, he won’t be able to make it.
抱歉 他无法过去
Hello? Mr. Shawn, it’s Nelle.
喂? 尚恩先生 是我妮欧
I just got this telegram. Has he seen it?
我刚收到电报 他看过了吗?
He won’t read it.
他不肯看
Would you put him on, please? Nelle, he won’t talk.
请叫他来接电♥话♥好吗? 妮欧 他不肯说话
Mr. Shawn, if you have to hold him down
尚恩先生 就算你得把他按住
and put the phone on his ear…
再把电♥话♥放上他耳朵…
I need to speak to him.
我都得跟他讲话
All right.
好吧
It’s Nelle.
是妮欧
Truman.
楚门
“Miss Nelle Harper Lee and Truman Capote.”
“致妮欧哈波李小姐和楚门卡波特”
“Sorry that Truman was unable to make it here to the prison…
“很遗憾楚门无法前来监狱…
“for a brief word prior to necktie party.”
“在上吊派对前跟我交谈片刻”
“Whatever his reason for not showing up…
“无论他不克前来的原因为何…
“I want him to know that I cannot condemn him for it.”
“我想要他知道 我都不会责怪他”
“Not much time left…
“时间不多了…
“but want you both to know that I’ve been sincerely grateful…
“但我要你们俩知道 我诚心地感激…
“for your friendship through the years and everything else.”
“你们这些年来的友谊和所做的一切”
“I’m not very good at these things.”
“我不是个很会说话的人”
“I have become extremely affectionate toward you both.”
“我对你们两位已有深厚情感”
“But, harness time.”
“但大限来临了”
“Adios, amigos. Your friend, Perry.”
“朋友 永别了 你的朋友派瑞上”
Well, I didn’t expect to see you again.
我倒没想过会再见到你
You can visit for a few minutes.
你可以探访几分钟
Yeah. No.
要 不要
Five minutes.
5分钟
Well, well.
唉唷
He returns.
他回来了
I don’t know what you must think of me.
我不知道你们是怎么想的
Well, you haven’t been foremost on my mind lately…
近来我脑中一直在想的并不是你…
as you can probably imagine.
你应该想像得到吧
You got the letter?
你收到信了?
Yes, I did.
收到了
It’s true. I understand why you didn’t want to come.
是真的 我了解你为何不想来
I wouldn’t be here either if I didn’t have to.
如非必要我也不会想来的
You got that right.
说得没错
You know Ricardo donated his eyes to science?
你可知道李察把眼睛 捐给科学研究了?
Next week, some blind man will be seeing what Dick used to see.
下个礼拜就会有盲人 能用狄克的眼睛来看了
Yeah, you could be walking in Denver or somewhere, Truman…
对 楚门 你在丹佛或随便哪里行走…
and suddenly these eyes will be staring at you.
突然间这双眼睛就在瞪着你
That would be something, wouldn’t it?
那够吓人的吧?
It would be. It would be.
是的 是的
You’ll be watching?
你会来看吗?
I don’t know, I’ll be…
我不知道 我会…
Do you want me to?
你要我看吗?
I’d like to have a friend there.
我会想要有个朋友在场
Okay. Then I will.
好 那我会看
It’s all right.
没有关系
I did everything I could.
我已经尽力了
It’s okay.
好
I truly did.
我真的尽力了
I know.
我知道
It’s time.
时候到了
Mr. Capote.
卡波特先生
Goodbye.
永别了
You’re not rid of us yet.
你还没摆脱我们呢
We’ll see you in a few minutes. I wish I had…
几分钟后就会再见了 真希望我有…
Mr. Capote.
卡波特先生
Mr. Capote. Goodbye.
卡波特先生 再见
Nice to see you.
真高兴看到你
Perry Edward Smith.
派瑞艾德华史密斯
For the crime of murder in the first degree, by order of the Court of Finney County…
因一级谋杀罪被堪萨斯州辖区…
and the Supreme Court of the sovereign state of Kansas…
芬尼郡法庭与最高法庭…
you are sentenced to hang until you die.
判处死亡吊刑
“I will fear no evil: For thou art with me.”
“我不怕遭害: 因为你与我同在”
“Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.”
“绳子等用具安抚了我”
You can say something if you want.
你可以说几句话
Is there anybody from the family here?
有家人来这里吗?
No, Perry.
没有
Well, tell them…
那 告诉他们…
I can’t remember what I was gonna say for the life of me.
我怎样也想不出来该说什么
Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
我们在天上的父 愿人都尊你的名为圣
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
愿你的国降临 愿你的旨意行在地上 如同行在天上
Give us this day our daily bread.
我们日用的饮食 今日赐给我们
And forgive those who trespass against us.
免我们的债 如同我们免了人的债
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
不叫我们遇见试探 救我们脱离恶者
It was a terrible experience…
那是个可怕的体验…
and I will never get over it.
我永远忘不了
They’re dead, Truman. You’re alive.
楚门 他们死了 你还活着
And there wasn’t anything I could have done to save them.
我却完全无法为他们做点什么 救救他们
Maybe not…
或许没有…
but, the fact is, you didn’t want to.
但事实是 你并不想做